AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-17, 12:23   Link #261
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

FABULOUS~
Awesome IZANAGI! but it looks like no wildcard..... and the end isn't needed gives creeps on that dungeon.
Old 2011-05-17, 12:54   Link #262
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

FABULOUS~
Please don't tell me you are talking about that ending part.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 14:08   Link #263
Mars Mode

This video just made my Day, because if they put that in the animation I dont think they are going to refrain with the story.
I really wonder if they are going to go with all the History. All the way to Izanami. (I believe it was called like this)

Last edited by Mars Mode; 2011-05-17 at 14:26.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 05:15   Link #264
Renchan

Quote:

FABULOUS~
The animation looks pretty fluid when Yuu summoned Izanagi.

And Kanji... I don't know what to say, since I can't stop laughing whenever I tried to watch that part
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 05:22   Link #265
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I'd like to remark that in none of the promos there are any action scenes... not necessarily a bad thing, the game-line would be my favourite if it was not for those endless dungeon crawls
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 01:41   Link #266
Phocus
◕ ◡ ◕

Hello, Doppelmet here. Channel got deleted (don't ask, don't tell), but videos are re-uploaded on my backup channel.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 2011-05-20, 19:47   Link #267
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the school life.... now that you mention it. Again I was bugged by the fact of low number of information. I wish for it to be aired this fall and they do it 2 cour and also they show the daily lives/school life of the MC.
I'm hoping for it to be longer than 2 cour, personally - I don't think the game can be satisfactorily adapted into 26 episodes, the story would be too rushed (With ten months of gameplay - April through December of 2011, then March of 2012 - that would average out to less than three episodes per month, which I don't think would work out very well, there's just too much content). I'm personally hoping the series will be at least 52 episodes. The ideal for me would be somewhere in the range of 70-100 episodes since that would give the story a lot of breathing room, both in regards to adapting the source material properly and sprinkling some filler episodes here and there to expand upon it (I personally like having some filler episodes in anime a lot, I think it's nice to have some original material rather than just directly copy everything). I probably enjoy long series more than the rest of AnimeSuki seems to, though...

And it's nice to get a preview of some substance with number six. This show's going to kick so much ass.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 19:57   Link #268
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm hoping for it to be longer than 2 cour, personally - I don't think the game can be satisfactorily adapted into 26 episodes, the story would be too rushed (With ten months of gameplay.

Lets be real, the story isn't that long.

Even the last "true" chapter, can be finished in one/two eps.

One cour is too short, two is ideal as long the pacing going well.
Old 2011-05-20, 20:07   Link #269
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post

Lets be real, the story isn't that long.
Very true

Quote:
Even the last "true" chapter, can be finished in one/two eps.
Exaggerating, aren't we

Quote:
One cour is too short, two is ideal as long the pacing going well.
With two cours, I generally agree, considering past game adaptions.
Old 2011-05-20, 20:17   Link #270
Dr. Casey

Eh... I am being 'real.' Thinking about it, it's hard for me to imagine the contents of each month (The things leading up to the dungeon crawling and boss fight, the fights themselves, the aftermath, various assorted scenes like school trips and whatnot, giving scenes to develop and properly balance home life and school life, etc) comfortably fitting into an average of 2.6 episodes each. That sounds to me like there'd hardly be any room for anything that isn't strictly necessary, and as though it would all fly by so fast there wouldn't be any emotional punch. The story's supposed to feel like it takes place across a whole year, I don't think that having it just be 26 episodes is long enough to properly convey that feeling.

I'm sure that Persona 4 could fit into 26 episodes, but I think it would more or less just be a checklist of important plot points, and I'd find it pretty underwhelming and left with some untapped potential. It would be like the Harry Potter movies or something, which get the basic story across but are so barebones you're hardly given any reason to care about said story. Maybe you'd be happy with 26 episodes, maybe most people would be happy with just 26 episodes, but I doubt I'll be completely satisfied if it's that short.
Old 2011-05-20, 21:37   Link #271
Paperplane
Guy on the Couch

Just like everyone else, I too am looking forward to this anime adaptation of Persona 4, in which I found the game to be one of the better JRPGs I've played. 26 episodes for me, should be enough to tell the story considering the things you do with your free time in the game are just options to get social links up or personal stats up. Hopefully, these sort of options shouldn't be emphasized too much in the anime as there is the case that it would probably drag the overall murder mystery plot at the gains of bringing more characterization towards each character. Either way, I hope they don't emphasize on these options of the game too much and get to the point of developing the murder mystery, along with a few scenes of characterization and comedy story moments along the way.

All in all, looking forward to the anime adaptation but I would have liked P4P a lot more, since I liked P3P.
Paperplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 06:02   Link #272
tsunade666

more than 26 episode is just an illusion ready to be broken. 26 episode is ideal for the story alone and there probably wouldn't much interaction in the other character like for social links and it probably wouldn't feel much a year but wishing more than 26 episode is just plain impossible at the current time. Before long series are good and can be done but this time around they mostly do 1 cour or 2 cour and only do shit** shounen stuff for long run which I think waste of money than give justice to other works. Back to the point of it being a 1 cour is a nightmare but 2 cour is best though I wish in it they will include social links too. And if you look at the pv. You can see Izanagi hacking through the mobs so it wouldn't take that long to cross into new floor or maybe they will even ignore floor and go for boss battle already.
Old 2011-05-21, 10:36   Link #273
Dr. Casey

Well, I'm just speaking about what I think would work the best artistically, not what I think has any chance of happening; I know that hoping for anything more than 26 is pretty much just a pipe dream thanks to this shitty economy where it's pretty rare for a show to even go above one cour, never mind two.

After thinking about it a bit more I guess 26 episodes might work out okay, I'm bad at predicting these things (I thought there was too much story ground to cover for the last two episodes of Madoka, but things turned out fine there), but I don't see why everyone thinks it's so silly and ridiculous to think that a 50+ hour length RPG that spans close to a year would theoretically fit well into a 52 episode series. It's not like 52 is that long or anything, shows used to reach that length all the time. I'm not even thinking about all the Social Links or whatever being included, that would be silly... I just think the game would lend itself well to an adaptation of that length.
Old 2011-05-22, 00:33   Link #274
tsunade666

52 episode would enough to fit even the social links. There isn't really much to fit in if it's only the main story and a couple of school events, ignoring the sub character or maybe a bit of development on that part in a 26 episode it should be fine. If given the chance of it having 52 episode. I think that will be enough to even maximize some social links. And this game is sure long, I know because I spend not 50+ but 100+ hour in this game but that is if only your loitering around fishing or maxing stats. I'm already happy in the pv with the folding paper scene. That means even a night event job will be shown in the anime.
Old 2011-05-22, 00:45   Link #275
Malkuth
Banned

You must remember that this is not a game, it doesn't make for exciting TV seeing someone, randomly fishing, making origami, and chit-chatting about non-plot related stuff for 10 minutes per episode, because this will be the result of squeezing in all the game content. 12-13 episodes are enough for the main plot, by 24-26 to develop the all the PCs. It won't make much sense to animate the protagonist flirting with every girl and befriending every guy, now would it
Old 2011-05-22, 00:51   Link #276
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
You must remember that this is not a game, it doesn't make for exciting TV seeing someone, randomly fishing, making origami, and chit-chatting about non-plot related stuff for 10 minutes per episode, because this will be the result of squeezing in all the game content.
yeah because I'm totally arguing in favor of seeing that stuff included

Fuck it, never mind.
Old 2011-05-22, 02:14   Link #277
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
yeah because I'm totally arguing in favor of seeing that stuff included

Fuck it, never mind.
LOL, we'll see in four months who gets his wish

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-05-22 at 03:57.
Old 2011-05-22, 03:17   Link #278
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'd imagine those extra events [random fishing, origami, and chit-chatting] to happen as a filler scene while they introduce what actually is going to happen.

Kinda like in Lucky Star where the characters were talking about how something smelled, if I remember correctly. I don't know if there's a term for it. Transitions?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 20:04   Link #279
GreatTeacherKen

The game has a pretty strong slice of life element to it despite the mystery plot; most of the non dungeon exploring sections of the game would not be out of place in a standard high school slice of life series.

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2011-05-22 at 22:38.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 23:30   Link #280
Paperplane
Guy on the Couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
The game has a pretty strong slice of life element to it despite the mystery plot; most of the non dungeon exploring sections of the game would not be out of place in a standard high school slice of life series.
I might be repeating myself but indeed. There are certain slice of life elements in the game of which revolve around social links and personal stat gain hobbies like reading and fishing. However, if they are to implement such elements of slice and life, then I expect only a few scenes of this being transistions or moments to get an idea on personal character backgrounds, personality and their role in the mystery along with getting a look on the atmosphere of Inaba itself.

The slice of life elements shouldn't have to take up a whole episode as I think most of the duration is much better spent on progressing and building up towards the murder mystery. As for the TV world, some moments of scenes whether it's action between shadow along with character movement or dungeon crawling towards getting through floors of a certain dungeon, is enough to show the atmosphere, sense of progression and depiction of the TV world. Certain dungeons being for example, such as Yukiko's castle being depicted into the TV world. Otherwise, too much emphasis on slice of life elements and dungeon crawling of the TV world can cause the chance of dead time and pacing issues on unfolding the murder mystery. As such, we wouldn't want too many episodes or an episodic duration to focus on characters trying to get through a dungeon as well as too much duration spent seeing characters doing average things in life for characterization, not really contributing to the main murder mystery of it's story.

In the end, Persona 4's focal point IMO, is in it's mystery murder story, the mystery of the TV world and it's "team of scoobies" to team up and figure it all out. 26 episodes like I stated before is certainly enough to tell the full mystery story with a few moments of slice of life to serve as transitional scenes of characterization and atmosphere of Inaba. Not to mention, some scenes of characters dungeon crawling along with a bit of shadow action should suffice enough to know about the TV world in experience and progression in it's relation to the murder mystery itself.

OFF-TOPIC: Man it's so annoying when I want to present my viewpoint in detail, having to take a bit longer to post and yet I have to log in again to do so. *Sigh* Thankfully I copy and paste knowing that this happens when I make a long post here.

Last edited by Paperplane; 2011-05-23 at 00:14.
Paperplane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy