AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-05, 00:26   Link #561
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by st202
just finished this anime series and thought it was brilliant,,, miharu sooooooo kawaii deffo the best character in the series
Indeed...I'm hoping this title gets picked up soon, I want the DVD's now. I liked Miharu too but my fav is Kotori "SPREAD THE KOTORI LOVE"
Old 2004-08-05, 14:57   Link #562
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Indeed...I'm hoping this title gets picked up soon, I want the DVD's now. I liked Miharu too but my fav is Kotori "SPREAD THE KOTORI LOVE"
Miharu was cute too, but no one beats Moe-sempai! Hooray for the big-busted-sorta-slow-bombshells!
Old 2004-08-06, 05:04   Link #563
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Da Capo ~ Memorial

Hehehe~ I got tons of Anime in my CD racks & CD cases, enough to open up a anime rental shop. Recently i've nothing to do, thus i randomly pull out one title that i've watch to rewatch it again.

Yes, the title of that series is Da Capo. Surprisingly, despite it have been years and that i've totally forget about it, but to rewatch it again really touches my heart.

Some of those new anime fans out there might not know about this series, thus i would like to recomand Da Capo to them.

I believe most people out there that watch Da Capo before should know how intertaining this series is right?

Man... I just can Love Kotori more, despite it has been so long. Kotori still is my most favourite character.

Nemu is quite cute in her own ways though.... ^_^ but i still prefer Kotori more....

I got one very Good Kotori wallpaper ^_^
Actually the reason i opened up this thread is just to remind those Da Capo fans about Da Capo thats all, who knows they might have forgot about it??

Oh!! Is obviously that Da Capo get 4.8/5 from me. So its in 4-5 star... how about you??

Last edited by Yuun; 2004-08-06 at 05:30.
Old 2004-08-06, 10:56   Link #564
bluemist
i am the mist

I give it a 4.5!

Of course there are some stuff I didn't like about the series. One of which is purely bias though. You see, my favorte girl Mako only barely took the spotlight in 'only' one episode (the pretend to be lovers thingy). The other girls have two or more eps. dedicated to them (even Moe had a little more), and the main girls have their own 'dramatic moments'. Mako had almost none.

There are other stuff I don't like but that's just nitpicking. I liked Da Capo overall.

Actually, I have seen the D.C.P.C. game (Da Capo Plus Communication)!! Wow new characters, meaning new... hent~~ (ehem)... er... communication.
Old 2004-08-06, 11:07   Link #565
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Oh!! Is obviously that Da Capo get 4.8/5 from me. So its in 4-5 star... how about you??
I also pick 4-5 stars; this really is a great show with memorable characters and a very well-done ending (that I dare say doesn't suck, even if you weren't a fan of the chosen girl). It's not a perfect show (is there such a thing?), but it's right up there in my all time favorites, and I can't wait to buy it on DVD when it gets licensed. Great art, a memorable soundtrack, a good mix of drama, romance, and comedy... I highly recommend it to anyone who is willing to give anime in this genre a chance.
Old 2004-08-08, 03:35   Link #566
problemedchild
ô_ô

I also gave this series a 4-5 stars. Although the side stories did bug me, however it didn't ruin the overall mood of the series, so it was all good. This series is in my top anime list along with Kanon and a few other animes. I also must thank this board for getting me interested in this anime.
Old 2004-08-08, 04:15   Link #567
midnightsun337

4-5 stars... I love this series. The character's relationships were just so real (erm.. besides the whole sibling thing) I tend to really enjoy an anime that has good character development. Kinda like Shingestutan Tsukihime, the character development was really good though it could've been a little longer. Anyways, my favorite character would have to be.. kotori or nemu. I enjoyed Kotori's episodes alot, and nemu was pretty modest and heartfelt throughout the whole thing. So in conclusion, I'd put it up in my favorite anime... where, I'm not quite sure, I don't like numbering things as the best, second best, etc.,so I'll just say its 'up there'.

I really wish there was an OVA or a second season.
Old 2006-01-23, 00:35   Link #568
koishii

Send a message via MSN to koishii
Question Da Capo namesake?

I've been wondering... What does "da capo" mean? In the final episode of season one, Junichi mentions "da capo", but doesn't explain what it means. Does anyone know?
Old 2006-01-23, 00:39   Link #569
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

From the American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition (from dictionary.com)

da ca·po
adv. Music Abbr. DC
From the beginning. Used as a direction to repeat a passage.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Italian : da, from + capo, head.]
Old 2006-01-23, 02:37   Link #570
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Probably safe to merge with this thread or maybe this one.

For a bit of an "in context" answer to compliment MonkeyBrains' answer above...
Spoiler for Da Capo universe (incl. Second Season):
Old 2006-01-23, 03:55   Link #571
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame

Spoiler:
Spoiler for second season plot (italian grammar):
Old 2006-01-23, 04:06   Link #572
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Thanks Pellissier for the Italian grammar check, but, in fact, I did speak with a native Italian about this very thing just a few weeks ago and he confirmed the definitions I referred to. Further, I was going by the musical definitions, and not necessarily by the strict Italian grammatical rules. If you'd like examples in music, I could point you to any number of musical pieces which all have "D.C. al fine" - further, consult Wikipedia (though I concede it's not an authority). When you encounter a D.C. (or a D.C. al fine) in a musical piece, it is rarely (never?) at the end of a song, and a D.C. means something different from "D.C. al fine". I'm not saying that all that's perfect Italian grammar, but it is the internationally-recognized standard for musical composition, as far as I know...

Anyway, all that is off-topic...
Old 2006-01-23, 04:21   Link #573
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
If you'd like examples in music, I could point you to any number of musical pieces which all have "D.C. al fine" - further, consult Wikipedia (though I concede it's not an authority). When you encounter a D.C. (or a D.C. al fine) in a musical piece, it is rarely (never?) at the end of a song, and a D.C. means something different from "D.C. al fine". I'm not saying that all that's perfect Italian grammar, but it is the internationally-recognized standard for musical composition, as far as I know...
Even if it's international standard, it's still in fight with our plain language's rules, but it's not that important, at the end

Quote:
Anyway, all that is off-topic...
Yes it is, so to return In Topic I add a personal side note about this thread, which was formerly a poll. I'm not sure I've understood the rate system, but I've voted for 3-4 stars. Usually I rate Da Capo with a 9.3/10.
Basically it is a great series in the second half, with great emotional involvment and unforgettable characters such as Nemu (my preferred), Sakura and Kotori. But still it has too many flaws to be cathegorized as "first class", ie the story for first 15 episodes or so, too linear and light. Side stories: some interesting, some boring and useless. Music videos in the first eps? Quite unbereable.
Superb sound, the Horie Yui's "Soyokaze no Harmony" is stuck on my top 10 anime song and I don't think it will move easily.
Overall, a good "second class" product, even excellent for an harem, but not eligible to be considered "first class", though.
Old 2006-01-23, 07:01   Link #574
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

I miss the black cat from the season 1 side stories. Very creepy at times, but kinda cool too. Especially the one in the theatre.
Old 2006-01-24, 02:21   Link #575
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Anyone have an idea as to why Mi-kun and Tomo-chan (Kotori's two friends) always have thier faces blocked and thus never get their faces shown?
Old 2006-01-24, 03:59   Link #576
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113
Anyone have an idea as to why Mi-kun and Tomo-chan (Kotori's two friends) always have thier faces blocked and thus never get their faces shown?
Well, I think it's just one of those little touches - sort of like how there's the pink bear in pretty much every episode. Perhaps it's because you're not supposed to pay as much attention to them, as your focus is on Kotori? That being said (and this really isn't any sort of spoiler), you do see their faces in Second Season.
Old 2006-01-24, 11:25   Link #577
koishii

Send a message via MSN to koishii
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
I miss the black cat from the season 1 side stories. Very creepy at times, but kinda cool too. Especially the one in the theatre.
GAH. I couldn't stand the cat! (Or the side stories altogether, but that's another issue) He creeped me out beyond the telling of it.

I'm a fairly new Da Capo fan and have only just begun the second season (up to episode 3)... Someone please tell me the black cat doesn't make any appearances in this season. _-_
Old 2006-01-24, 18:58   Link #578
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by koishii
GAH. I couldn't stand the cat! (Or the side stories altogether, but that's another issue) He creeped me out beyond the telling of it.

I'm a fairly new Da Capo fan and have only just begun the second season (up to episode 3)... Someone please tell me the black cat doesn't make any appearances in this season. _-_
Spoiler:

The cat is creepy. No question. But that was part of his charm(?)
Old 2006-01-24, 19:21   Link #579
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The black cat was a good part of the first season of Da Capo, but the fact that the side stories taken up parts of the episodes was kind of annoying.

Better if they were placed maybe after the episode, that way we get a whole 22 mins of a Da Capo episode.
Old 2006-01-24, 19:35   Link #580
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
No way, I love the cat. Cat is cool. Utamaru
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs