AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-06-19, 22:06   Link #1
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro (Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san)

Since there's no page, thought I'd go and make it.
Original Title: イジらないで、長瀞さん
Author: Nanashi (774)
Current volume count: 10

Quote:
Senpai (name not yet given in the published volumes, Naoto Hachiouji in the web version) is an introverted geek, a second-year at Kazehaya High and the only remaining active member of the art club. He tends to avoid other people, can't even remember their faces, and spends much of his spare time making manga. When a group of gals accidentally find his manga most of them laugh, but one is simply impressed, and while the rest leave she stays behind. Nagatoro begins to relentlessly tease Senpai until he begins to cry, and continues to come after him day after day. However he can't seem to hate or reject her the way he does with most people, maybe because there seems to be something other than a desire to torment him in her constant antics.
Don't let the first chapter or two fool you, this is an incredibly wholesome series, as those who've watched the anime can also attest to. Rather than a bully who wants to hurt or abuse "Senpai", Nagatoro comes across instead as almost as awkward as him when it comes to relationships, trying to just tease him and mess around with him but often going too far, to her own embarrassment as often as his.

BTW, just as Senpai's name hasn't been revealed in the published volumes yet, Nagatoro's first name was only revealed fairly recently in one of my absolute favorite scenes.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-23, 11:21   Link #2
BWTraveller
Born to ship

For lack of conversation, I thought I'd add one of my favorite parts as well as where things are now.

First, one of my favorite parts of the series to date is when Nagatoro's first name is revealed.
Spoiler:

As for where things are now, still not a couple but a lot closer, and now Nagatoro's just become a second-year.
Spoiler:

I honestly love this series. Nagatoro looks like a bully at first, but really it feels like a mixture of trying to goof around but getting a little overboard and, very frequently, trying to hide her own embarrassment and feelings behind a sadistic facade.
Old 2021-06-25, 23:50   Link #3
aldw

Honestly prefer club President Sana Sunomiya as a character over Nagatoro though, that calm yet focused passion makes a great artist indeed.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-26, 12:33   Link #4
grecefar

Even though I dislike love triangles it would have been interesting to see the president as love rival of nagatoro.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-26, 12:44   Link #5
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, as of now, she's become an even more minor character as she's now in college and just occasionally comes by on her motorcycle. And her cousin doesn't look like she's interested in interfering with the source of her senpai's passion, so yeah, I don't think we should be expecting any serious triangles here.
Old 2021-06-27, 10:07   Link #6
Lex79

Both the former club president and the cousin are basically shippers and are helping senpai find the courage to act on his feelings. At the same time the president managed to stir up Nagatoro's jealousy with her having two great....assets and being close to senpai, so I'd say we got the best of both worlds.
Old 2021-09-07, 12:26   Link #7
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Getting a pretty good demonstration of the former president and her cousin's positions lately, with Senpai and Nagatoro on their first date and those two following to try and stop Gamo and Yoshi from interfering "to protect Paisen's virginity".
Old 2021-09-09, 15:53   Link #8
grecefar

I wonder why they want to protect his virginity, maybe because without it his confidence will boost and they won't be able to tease him.
Old 2021-09-30, 10:00   Link #9
patnam

hope this manga can bring in previous webcomic version storyline...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-25, 20:07   Link #10
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Huh, funny how this never had a thread. Really like the progress in the manga so far! Things are really going places.
Old 2021-10-26, 08:18   Link #11
grecefar

they are making bento for each other I don't know how much far they can get...
Old 2021-11-02, 21:37   Link #12
patnam

Latest chapter:
a new mystery guy beside Nagatoro, is her (ex) boyfriend or... ?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-02, 23:24   Link #13
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm 95% certain it's her big brother. I know she has one in the older Pixiv series, but I haven't read that version so I don't know if he fits (though of course even if he doesn't look like it 774 could've just changed his look).
Old 2021-11-03, 02:12   Link #14
Lex79

Most likely her brother or her sister's boyfriend, definitely not going to be and ex.
Old 2021-11-03, 07:54   Link #15
grecefar

Can be a cousin too.
Old 2021-11-03, 10:03   Link #16
BWTraveller
Born to ship

TBH, given how nervous and awkward she always got whenever anything actually happened between them, I'm just about sure that she's never even been on a date before Senpai. She may have called him "virgin" all the time early on but I'd be rather shocked if she wasn't every bit as inexperienced in every aspect of romance as him. So yeah, almost sure he's her brother, completely sure he's not her ex.
Old 2021-11-03, 21:13   Link #17
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm 95% certain it's her big brother. I know she has one in the older Pixiv series, but I haven't read that version so I don't know if he fits (though of course even if he doesn't look like it 774 could've just changed his look).
In the original work she had a brother.
Old 2021-11-04, 20:19   Link #18
GDB

Has to be her brother. She mentioned him waaaaaaaaaaaay early on in the series (such that when her sister was introduced, I remember wondering if the "brother" term used before had been a mistranslation/gender assumption issue).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-16, 02:23   Link #19
Lex79

Confirmed he is the brother, despite looking different than in the doujin. The misunderstanding also was played very differently.
Old 2021-11-16, 05:43   Link #20
grecefar

good is her brother, I don't want any bullets out there in the way of those two.