AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-12, 10:42   Link #801
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Wow. After reading the translation, I'm impressed. I may not agree with Unzen's way of thinking, but he's finally said some things that most of the people who dislike Medaka having been saying about her from the beginning. I also love the way he spoke directly to Zenkichi as if Zen might understand a little of what he was talking about.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 18:56   Link #802
ShiroiRyu

Better than we thought...
I read the RAW and the translations.
Prefer that to the previous chapter.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 12:27   Link #803
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
The bottom 5 this week:

Psyren
Sket Dance
Kuroko
Akaboshi
Kagijin

So we were right, the Yuri kissing scene probably saved Medaka Box from the bottom this week. But the whole ranking still isn't clear, I'm really curious as to what that chapter ranked.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 15:06   Link #804
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
The bottom 5 this week:

Psyren
Sket Dance
Kuroko
Akaboshi
Kagijin

So we were right, the Yuri kissing scene probably saved Medaka Box from the bottom this week. But the whole ranking still isn't clear, I'm really curious as to what that chapter ranked.
If the kiss pushed the chapter high in the rankings, I will seriously fear for the future of this planet if that's all it takes to get something high ratings.

Next thing you know, all our movies and books will have their stories discarded and their characters one dimensional in favor of girls sucking face!

Though I have to say, with the chapter being as bad as it was and many people actually dropping the manga at the point of that kiss (especially those who wanted there to be a nice romance between Zen and Medaka), the rest of the mangas must have been horrible that week.
Old 2009-09-13, 15:10   Link #805
Johnny
Working the bags...

I have no desire to look at the raws, but are you telling me NisiOisiN used the yuri kiss thing again? Has his imagination dropped to the level of a horny 13 year old...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 15:17   Link #806
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Well, the scanlated version is out now, so go pick it up wherever you normally get it. No, this chapter didn't have the yuri kiss, I was refering to the first time that it happened. It was actually a rather amusing chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Next thing you know, all our movies and books will have their stories discarded and their characters one dimensional in favor of girls sucking face!
You hear of a movie called Jennifer's Body?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 15:37   Link #807
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Well, the scanlated version is out now, so go pick it up wherever you normally get it. No, this chapter didn't have the yuri kiss, I was refering to the first time that it happened. It was actually a rather amusing chapter.

You hear of a movie called Jennifer's Body?
Sadly, yes, but no matter how hot Megan Fox may be, I will never see this movie. :P

Going to read the full version now. Will be back with comments in a few.

Ok, I've read it:

Spoiler:

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-09-13 at 16:05.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:29   Link #808
Dark Mage

yeah I actually loved this chapter, the first one in a long time because the little kid just said and comfirmed things about Medaka that we've been trying to say for a while here in the bottom left-hand corner ---http://www.mangafox.com/manga/medaka_box/v01/c018/15.html
and he said alot of other things too that perfectly sums up why I have a problem with Medaka but it seems she said something interesting at the end when she said that it was all made up by Zenkichi and she was no saint. Hopefully she enlightens us more on that point. And Zenkichi seemed to get some decent screen time in this chapter and seemed to have some importance in the genius 13 years data although I LOLd when he admits himself to be a pitbull and I was telling myself "oh atleast that's a bit better than being a lapdog" I'd rather see more of this aggressive Zen in the manga that has been missing for a while. Hope this chapter is the first of many more good chapters to come
Old 2009-09-13, 16:58   Link #809
Johnny
Working the bags...

For a minute there I thought I had time warped back to when I was in catholic school getting lectured by the nuns (rubs knuckles), alot...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 17:13   Link #810
Arturro

IMHO author is telling us by Unzen that he made Medaka godlike because he wanted to, not because he went crazy for Mary Sue character. As for supernatural abilities of some (13) students - most of shounen manga has something supernatural. In this manga supernatural people are just grotesque.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 17:45   Link #811
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
How come I'm getting a bad feeling that Unzen will join the SC...?

I have to agree the chapter wasn't as bad as the prior ones, but now we are pretty much certain there are at least 13 super humans in the Medaka universe... things still feel pretty out of place to me.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 21:42   Link #812
Jourdal

"it took me a year to get that technique down"

Ughh..sounding more and more like a battle manga, Unzen's little speech was badass, for the first time i'm looking forward to a chapter of this series..the little kid basically said what we've said... and covered every facet, from her being boring to her using people...perhaps the author was really planning something.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 21:47   Link #813
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Or read all the negative feedback and came up with this.

But I will admit, it didn't suck this week.
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 22:30   Link #814
Mizuno
Undefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
Or read all the negative feedback and came up with this.
lol, I think that actually might be it.
Old 2009-09-13, 22:38   Link #815
Jourdal

Lol it would be funny but considering we aren't his target audience i doubt it.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 23:01   Link #816
Mizuno
Undefined

I don't think the Japanese audience are much different than us in the way of thinking as shown in the ranking polls.
Old 2009-09-13, 23:04   Link #817
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
IMHO author is telling us by Unzen that he made Medaka godlike because he wanted to, not because he went crazy for Mary Sue character. As for supernatural abilities of some (13) students - most of shounen manga has something supernatural. In this manga supernatural people are just grotesque.
True, they definitely have some massive issues. The problem is that everyone just accepts it as normal. I guess it's supposed to be taken as funny, though.

The chapter definitely was better than the previous ones. The only things that really bother me are the complete lack of explanation. He just throws out 13 as if he expects us to know what it is. Are they gods? Lab experiments? Mutants? Or just Super Geniuses? Just like with Medaka's issues, we're left trying to guess too much and while a little mystery is good, leaving the reader completely in the dark is a sign of poor story telling. I'm also afraid of the 13 coming in and taking over the story while the rest of the normals (I consider Akune and Co. Normal Geniuses, while Zen is the Normal Normal) are overshadowed. If that happens, it'll make me wonder what the point of those useless 20 chapters of gathering the council were for.

I also found Zen calling himself a dog again to be irksome. I know he's supposed to be some vicious pit bull who defends Medaka, but it really makes him sound like a loser who just follows her around doing her bidding. Maybe he's just trying to make himself feel needed when in fact, he's becoming less and less useful. Either way, I miss the old Zen from the one shot when he was the main character and not the weakest side character on the team.
Old 2009-09-14, 00:57   Link #818
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
"it took me a year to get that technique down"

Ughh..sounding more and more like a battle manga, Unzen's little speech was badass, for the first time i'm looking forward to a chapter of this series..the little kid basically said what we've said... and covered every facet, from her being boring to her using people...perhaps the author was really planning something.
The battle manga feel in this chapter was well welcomed for me as I was starting to get bored from the lack of romance (Which I originally expected to get out of this series). I don't mind one or two aspects that I expect to be covered in a manga get replaced by something else, just so long as its done well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
How come I'm getting a bad feeling that Unzen will join the SC...?
I'm dreading the very same possibility. I want that loli to be a part of the SC.
Old 2009-09-14, 01:08   Link #819
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
The battle manga feel in this chapter was well welcomed for me as I was starting to get bored from the lack of romance (Which I originally expected to get out of this series). I don't mind one or two aspects that I expect to be covered in a manga get replaced by something else, just so long as its done well.

I'm dreading the very same possibility. I want that loli to be a part of the SC.
Have you ever heard of trying to do everything but succeed at nothing? This is what this manga is doing. Heck, at this point it touched at almost every genre possible: comedy,romance,action,yuri,harem,etc... well, except yoai. maybe it will come in a few chapters?
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 03:20   Link #820
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Have you ever heard of trying to do everything but succeed at nothing? This is what this manga is doing. Heck, at this point it touched at almost every genre possible: comedy,romance,action,yuri,harem,etc... well, except yoai. maybe it will come in a few chapters?
Why not? After all, we've already seen Zen and Akune in speedos. *shudders*

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council