Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-23, 20:16   Link #1
Friendless

Send a message via MSN to Friendless
Negation - Huge Flaw?

As seen on episode 62:

As said by the great old man, " The inside of the light is its own impenetrable, completely solitary world. " Also, " The moment that light was brought down, it became impossible to even touch Aizen. "

(Taken from Dattebayo subs)

Okay, that's not difficult to understand... However... As we watch for a little bit more we notice they start talking to them as they start hovering away while still inside the Negashion light.

As far as I see, Negashion has a huge flaw, aka weakness. Some of you may say they were reading lips... however how does a blind man read the lips of a giant barking fox head. Since this is clarified, we know voice waves were traveling IN and OUT of the Negashion light...

Therefore it would be very possible to still harm BEINGS inside and outside the Negashion light also concluding the great old man is wrong...
Old 2005-12-23, 20:28   Link #2
KanaKaishou

...Plot device, anyone?

It's OK, as long as it's reasonable. Perhaps more "solid" stuff can't go through.
Old 2005-12-23, 21:04   Link #3
2nr

you can say the same for being able to see them.. light travels thru. etc..
i bet uhruhahara is gonna find a way to counter that
Old 2005-12-24, 04:56   Link #4
astrallionheart

They also said there is no way to remain a shinigami if one is to enter the light. I think it's possible that it corrupts shinigami souls if they touch it, rather than it being an invulnerable defensive shield.
Old 2005-12-24, 05:29   Link #5
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

Is there even air in SS? It's a fictional world, they can do as they like.
Old 2005-12-24, 07:15   Link #6
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Bleach is full of plot holes as it is....like not being able to starve to death (Rukia) but able to die of exhaustion/disease. (Hisana)
Old 2005-12-24, 08:55   Link #7
Petbe
Wingless Angel

How do you know it truly is impossible to go through? Throughout the entire series, events have taken place that should not be possible. For now, all we know is that light and sound can go through it. Who knows, maybe it can be broken into later on in the series, the truth of the matter is that no one really knows what's possible and what is not possible. You could also not take the "solitary world" so literal.

In other words, all the proof we have this it is impervious to attacks is the old mans word and thats it. And last time I checked, words alone does not account for much in the world.

P.S. You're thinking too much into it I think. It's an anime, nothings perfect.
Old 2005-12-24, 15:14   Link #8
sarrah
tikki

cmon its a manga!!! flaws are inevitable...kabu tite will probably make up somthing later to compensate for it!
Old 2005-12-24, 16:27   Link #9
Taylor--
!

Yeah, I think you thought a bit too much into this. It's not supposed to be realistic, just an entertaining manga/anime.
Old 2005-12-24, 16:39   Link #10
Haru

Send a message via AIM to Haru
While you bring up that piont you should bring up the piont that gin's shinsou deifys the law of conservation of matter, along with every other characters release that makes the sword bigger/change shape.... its pointless to bring acctual physics into fanstasy anime.
Old 2005-12-24, 16:44   Link #11
KanaKaishou

^
|
Winnar Is J00!
Old 2005-12-24, 17:50   Link #12
Friendless

Send a message via MSN to Friendless
The matter that creates the soul slayers is made of energy - just like every other material in soul society, therefore it is possible to change size/shape of one's sword.
Old 2005-12-24, 20:45   Link #13
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
But it's a difference if you try to apply real physics, or the physics of the world itself.
Though a story can completely ignore the physical laws as they are in reality, it still has to follow it's own rules, or else it becomes a plot hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaKaishou
^
|
Winnar Is J00!
Ditto.

also...
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-24, 21:48   Link #14
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L
Ditto.

also...
Spoiler:
Lol @ engrish...

But yeah, that does make a lot more sense.
Old 2005-12-24, 22:43   Link #15
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
I think that ONLY the light is not part of Soul Society OR Hollow World. So right now I think it is possible that a shinigami can enter Hollow World because the Hollows can enter Soul Society. It wouldn't seem logical if Hollows could get into Soul Society and Death Gods can't. Remember that Aizen is INSIDE of the light, he isn't touching it. So if you were to touch the light you would be instantly destroyed but in this case you are either OUTSIDE the light or INSIDE the light and not ON the light.
Old 2005-12-25, 05:37   Link #16
Uruz7

Seeing as how they are in a different "dimension" and this in a fictional universe to begin, this discussion is really pointless.....BUT being the big sci-fi (and real science) nerd that I am, I'll give my explanation.

I don't know Japanese so I read scanlated manga and don't know if it is as literal as it should be, but in chapter 178 on page 11 (manga-rain), the commander gives a more direct description:

Quote:
"Once that light is cast... The area inside the light becomes a completely separate dimension and impenetrable from the outside."
(my emphasis added)

No elaboration as to what kind of dimension. But it is apparently a "gateway dimension" such as the dimension that our intrepid heroes traveled through to get from Earth to Soul Society.

<nerdspeak>Now, from my sci-fi reading, tv show watching (i.e. Sliders), and more time than I would care to admit to reading theoretical physics books, I would say that the "Negation field" or whatever could be thought of as a variation on the concept of a wormhole. And since we're talking about people who are in "soul form," it would make sense that they can communicate between one dimension and the other. That's the basic "science" behind ghosts....that a spirit on one plane of existence can interact in limited ways with another plane.</nerdspeak>

Anyways, IT'S FICTION! Kibo hasn't given any narrow rules of the physics of his world so you can't really criticize it. It's entertainment, enjoy it!
Closed Thread