AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 10:26   Link #61
Sixth
Hu Tao

It is sad to see an elegant princess changes into an otaku gamer like Sena from Bokutomo.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 10:29   Link #62
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It is sad to see an elegant princess changes into an otaku gamer like Sena from Bokutomo.
Uhm, I'm sorry, but what?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 10:40   Link #63
novalysis

Quote:
Please elaborate and substantiate.

Sena and Asuna are very different characters.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 12:52   Link #64
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
It is awesome to see an elegant princess changes into an elegant princess gamer, unlike Sena from Bokutomo.
fixed for ya
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 05:45   Link #65
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Uhm, I'm sorry, but what?
Well, she seems cannot live a normal life anymore without joining virtual world every 2 minutes.
Old 2012-07-20, 06:20   Link #66
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Well, she seems cannot live a normal life anymore without joining virtual world every 2 minutes.
Ah. Without spoiling anything, no, that's not the case for Asuna.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:58   Link #67
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Go and read the goddamned Mother's Rosario.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 10:18   Link #68
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Seconded. Mother's Rosario, IMO is the pinnacle of SAO, even better than the first volume (on the account of it's cohesive structure). It's also THE Asuna Centric Volume
Spoiler for Mother's Rosario Vague Spoilers:
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 10:39   Link #69
willx
Nyaaan~~

One thing I noticed that was a bit weird is .. having started watching the anime and reading Aria of the Starless Night .. and then going back and reading Volume 1 ..

I have to admit some of Asuna's dialogue seems a bit off! I know Vol 1 was written before the SS, but doesn't it seem a bit awkward? Asuna describes that "sleeping on the grass moment" almost as if it was the first time she met Kirito!

I really like this author's work, but the SS inserts that add scenes and characters sometimes seems to interrupt the flow. The whole "I realized then that this person is living a life here in SAO" seems silly when she already met him and was given cream to put on her bread over a year prior to that.

EDITED: Oh, and not to mention the whole bath thing and that other stuff -- it just seems a tad contradictory!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 10:48   Link #70
Ray
Garnet

^I think that topic is better suited to the Light Novel thread, honestly.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:48   Link #71
DurararaFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
One thing I noticed that was a bit weird is .. having started watching the anime and reading Aria of the Starless Night .. and then going back and reading Volume 1 ..

I have to admit some of Asuna's dialogue seems a bit off! I know Vol 1 was written before the SS, but doesn't it seem a bit awkward? Asuna describes that "sleeping on the grass moment" almost as if it was the first time she met Kirito!

I really like this author's work, but the SS inserts that add scenes and characters sometimes seems to interrupt the flow. The whole "I realized then that this person is living a life here in SAO" seems silly when she already met him and was given cream to put on her bread over a year prior to that.

EDITED: Oh, and not to mention the whole bath thing and that other stuff -- it just seems a tad contradictory!
Indeed, the author is apparently going release an edited versio of the Aincrad arc that does accomodate for Aria.
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 13:58   Link #72
halibonga

Asuna and Misaka mikoto, my two favorite female light novel characters of all time
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:06   Link #73
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Old Asuna will never touch any of those things. SOA corrupted her.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:39   Link #74
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Old Asuna will never touch any of those things. SOA corrupted her.
I have to ask...

wtf is "those things"? and wtf are you going on about?
Old 2012-07-20, 23:47   Link #75
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I have to ask...

wtf is "those things"? and wtf are you going on about?
Virtual world or MMORPG.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:49   Link #76
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm starting to think that this is another example of the species troll. Are you really this dense, or is English not your first language?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-07-21, 00:00   Link #77
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
I'm starting to think that this is another example of the species troll. Are you really this dense, or is English not your first language?
I'm putting my money on troll.

Lamenting about a main heroine playing VRMMO in a story about VRMMO where her experience in said VRMMO led to her development as good and strong character (and person in the story)? He's either a troll, or someone who needs to take a serious look at his value system.

It's like arguing Tony Stark was better BEFORE he made the Iron Man suit
Old 2012-07-21, 00:09   Link #78
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Actually, yes. English is like 3rd tongue in my country. It would be silly if you think everyone is native English speaker in Internet.

Quote:

Lamenting about a main heroine playing VRMMO in a story about VRMMO where her experience in said VRMMO led to her development as good and strong character (and person in the story)? He's either a troll, or someone who needs to take a serious look at his value system.
Calling me whatever you like, but I genuinely feel sad to see Asuna corrupted or changed, especially when I learned about her family background. She was used to be a polite and obedient girl. She studies so hard so that she will not bring shame to her family reputation. Basically, she was some unreachable, classy and elegant princess, but now looks at her. She is not longer a "princess".
Old 2012-07-21, 00:25   Link #79
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Calling me whatever you like, but I genuinely feel sad to see Asuna corrupted or changed, especially when I learned about her family background. She was used to be a polite and obedient girl. She studies so hard so that she will not bring shame to her family reputation. Basically, she was some unreachable, classy and elegant princess, but now looks at her. She is not longer a "princess".
You know what, you certainly have the right to your own opinion, nor am I going to speculate on your people's cultural value.

Suffice to say that I have nothing but contempt for those kind of "values".
Old 2012-07-21, 00:43   Link #80
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Actually, yes. English is like 3rd tongue in my country. It would be silly if you think everyone is native English speaker in Internet.
That was a rhethorical question. I'm from Malaysia, and while I'm a native English speaker, I'm also fluent in Bahasa Malaysia, and can understand Bahasa Indonesia.

Quote:
Go and read the goddamned Mother's Rosario. It opens up with Asuna managing a homework session in her ALO house. She logged into a VR MMO to do her homework and make sure her youunger friends are doing their homework.

So, she's no longer a princess. So, she's no longer part of the ultra competitive rat race. She has friends who love her, has grown as a person, and has found love. She doesn't need to be a princess or to be perfect, becuase she has something even better: happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post

It's like arguing Tony Stark was better BEFORE he made the Iron Man suit
Either s/he/it is a troll, or more kindly, is what we in Malaysia call "blur", which refers to someone who can't see what reality or the situation is. I'm starting to lean more towards blur.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
characters