AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 12:26   Link #161
Midonin
Last Engage

The Wonderland-esque visuals of the opening were really nice, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll be drawing comparisons to the Dark Flame Master with the last scene there. Though I'll give it a week or two more to see how active I'll be. Premise-setting can take a while, after all.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 13:04   Link #162
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 13:21   Link #163
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

MisaoFan

Stop making so obvious mistakes in your descriptions. That's the third time for last couple of days which I saw. His parents not living overseas. They divorced and leaved him in care of some relative instead of taking to one of their new families.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 13:25   Link #164
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
MisaoFan

Stop making so obvious mistakes in your descriptions. That's the third time for last couple of days which I saw. His parents not living overseas. They divorced and leaved him in care of some relative instead of taking to one of their new families.
I'm sorry, but I didn't pay attention to this part a lot so I'm just focused on the fake romance stuff.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 13:27   Link #165
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I'm sorry, but I didn't pay attention to this part a lot so I'm just focused on the fake romance stuff.
I don't think that was the point of nachtwandler's post. The point was that your summarizations (like the ones in the Koichoco and Horizon II threads a few months ago) tend to have lots of errors and inaccuracies.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 13:41   Link #166
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Yeah. Exactly. Sorry if my post was a bit harsh but if someone posts detailed summary of the ep in the thread it's better to think about the plot first and not to post incorrect things about it.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 14:40   Link #167
Divini
Senpai!

I've been following this series for a long time...

But seeing that notebook scene after just watching Chu2 was
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 14:45   Link #168
ookamigirl

Eita, a totally average high school guy obsessed with his goal.
Studying all the time; pretty boring guy.
That was until Masuzu set her sights on him.
His life was about to become more normal and less boring.
He didn't want anything to do with love, but something interesting found him!
So she just needed some uninterested guy to be her fake boyfriend so others wouldn't bother her with confessions anymore. She's really good at blackmail.
This anime is kinda OK. So far the best out of other Winter season anime that are out so far, which is kinda sad actually. It's gonna be a long boring winter...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 15:29   Link #169
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

High quality stuff. Yes, just another harem show, full of cliches, but the look and the writing and the voices were all excellent. Akasaki Chinatsu (Shinka in Chuunibyou and osananajimi here) proves she is far from a one-hit wonder. Ousaka Ryouta (Yukito in OniAi, Sasahara in My Little Monster) was also good. And Yukarin is just about perfect in the role of silver-hair. Her "arigato" was to die for. I like all the characters so far.

I wasn't that impressed with the OP song, but the animation was lovely.

@Mentar -- Thanks for the tip. But I was definitely going to keep watching anyway. I don't mind cliches at all, if they are well delivered. That we will go beyond them here is a bonus.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2013-01-05 at 16:51.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 16:00   Link #170
Mentar
Banned

Careful, Kaoru Chujo. This show is actually very much non-typical. Beneath what looks very cliche harem this is primarily a show about two people who are genuinely and deeply abhorring romance slowly and gradually seeing their disgust erode and falling in love. So, especially those who enjoy Black Ayatsuji types shouldn't miss it. This ride is gonna be fun

PS: I agree about the OP. It doesn't fit.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 16:35   Link #171
HandofFate

Premise seems pretty generic at the start.
Standard character types. The kind of washed out color scheme makes it seem kind of low budget.

Noticed Yukari Tamura voice actor, so I probably be following it just for her atm. I feel things might pop up a bit for some drama. Especially why the MC and silver haired girl are so anti-love.

I know the silver hair girl is probably gonna be the 'destined' pairing. But I still will be trying to root for the childhood friend. T_T There there, it be okay.
Old 2013-01-05, 17:14   Link #172
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And Yukarin is just about perfect in the role of silver-hair. Her "arigato" was to die for.
It just sounds so weird to me to hear her voice a well endowed character...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 17:53   Link #173
HandofFate

adult nanoha was pretty well-endowed...
Old 2013-01-05, 18:19   Link #174
Solafighter
Hige

Great first episode. Like it somehow. This series comes on my list.

Tough, the only person, I like is Eita. He's a bit like me, when I was at his age.
Old 2013-01-05, 19:19   Link #175
Arya

Ok, I really enjoyed this first episode. I don't know if it's a harem show or not, my very first impression was more like that kind of shows in which suddenly a foreigner/alien/demon/whatever girl appears just to declare her love to the MC. Trope that usually downgrades my expectation near to 0, but this show already had some good points despite that. I liked the MC, he has a goal, he is focused and he is trying to achieve it. I also liked the osananajimi, probabably thanks to her little-sister inoffensive look. And well, I liked Masuzu oh, and the comedy worked on me, and that a plus, it doesn't happen so often. So I could have born that trope more or less.
But when the episode ended and even my only complain was dissolved, everything magically went to the right place. And Mentar's hint about Ayatsuji is just the icing on the cake (well that's IIRC, she was the last arc of that show, right?).
The only thing I guess I'll miss surely are the Jojo references because I didn't watch that show.
Anyways so far so good. Premises look interesting

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 19:24   Link #176
Xaturas

Read the manga long time ago when japanzai started doing it. Then left it, gonna go read it again.
As for the anime one of the watch of this season. Seems that there is a cast of 4 girls (when I read the manga it was like first few chapters so most likely 3-4 eps into the show).
So it seems that it will adapt a lot of material, there is 5 novels, of which most of the stuff is not translated yet, would say that BT kinda abandoned the ship on this one, so go go anime though it will most likely be just generic 12 eps of random stuff, just to promote novel.
Old 2013-01-05, 19:39   Link #177
Used Can

Whilst I love yuri, I didn't see the point of it in the OP. Well, fanservice, duh, but still... The song was still terribly generic and, in my opinion, easily forgettable.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was really good. I'd like to start mentioning Chinatsu Akasaki's voice acting. I truly believe she's set to become one of the most popular VAs any time soon. Her voice has enough versatility as shown by her playing Chiwa, Shinka and especially someone as crazy as Yasuna in Kill me Baby. In addition to that, her voice is really endearing too. I hope she starts getting main-character-roles soon. I'm sure she'll do incredibly well.

That aside, I thought Eita's VA did a good job. His voiced fit the character and he played the scenes well. As for Yukarin, she was perfect. I don't know about others, but I do not miss Chiwa Saitou in the slightest. She truly delivered ever single thing I expected from Masuzu.

The plot of the first episode was a good introduction for what the story will be, and established the central focus of the entire story. So, I think it was fun enough to watch and that it was honest enough about what the show will be delivering.

That said, I'm expecting every episode to build on the previous one, and to become even funnier as episodes go by.

One thing I hope for the most is for this anime to attract enough attention to the story, so that the manga scanlations will pick up (nothing against Japanzai, but they are sloooow) and if possible, someone will start translating the LNs.

My only complaint would be Masuzu not doing the Joseph pose properly (she did it in the manga) when taking out Eita's diary. Well, she does it on the OP.
Old 2013-01-05, 20:27   Link #178
sky black swordman

I was a bit worried about Yukari Tamura not being able to meet my expectations for Masuzu voice, happy to say I was wrong. She surpassed my expectations, she did a great job!!(IMO)
I personally like the opening.

Great first episode, I'm looking forward to more, but more importantly Masuzu!
Old 2013-01-05, 20:30   Link #179
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I was a bit worried about Yukari Tamura not being able to meet my expectations for Masuzu voice, happy to say I was wrong. She surpassed my expectations, she did a great job!!(IMO)
I personally like the opening.

Great first episode, I'm looking forward to more, but more importantly Masuzu!
i'm starting to think 80% of the ppl are just here for Masuzu >>

(i being one of them.....)
Old 2013-01-05, 20:44   Link #180
Dahak86
Classics never age

Funny how sometimes a couple of gifs can be more entertaining than (most of) the episode they're from:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen