AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-21, 07:15   Link #81
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Whoaaa I watched it!! It was way too funny and Ootani even funnier. I really like that guy. He is nice...Although I hope he gets a little taller soon enough 'cause the image he makes with Koizumi is hillarious...
Amalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 07:52   Link #82
dappastyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
Whoaaa I watched it!! It was way too funny and Ootani even funnier. I really like that guy. He is nice...Although I hope he gets a little taller soon enough 'cause the image he makes with Koizumi is hillarious...
Haha!

I thought i'd seen your name on this thread too.

I liked it :d downloaded the 1st episode with subs and have the 2nd in raw. lol I actually can't wait for it to be subbed.

sugei.
dappastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 08:51   Link #83
Amalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappastyle View Post
Haha!

I thought i'd seen your name on this thread too.

I liked it :d downloaded the 1st episode with subs and have the 2nd in raw. lol I actually can't wait for it to be subbed.

sugei.
Maybe you have already started knowing me too well
Old 2007-04-21, 20:12   Link #84
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1.

Yes, the Bokura ga Ita-like character designs drew me into this. Guilty as charged. No, I wasn't very impressed with this.

Two things I dislike about this show: the comedy and the characters. Shoujo anime has been really hit-and-miss recently as far as comedy is concerned. Titles like Nodame Cantabile and Bokura ga Ita have managed to hit it out of the park when called upon to do comedy, but others like Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge and (I'd argue) Honey & Clover as well (people will disagree with me, but I thought H&C fell on its face as far as comedy was concerned, it just managed to completely excel at everything that wasn't comedy) are really below par. So, I'm not sure what to make of shoujo anime's track record on comedy, except that when it's good, it's outstanding, but when it's not, it's regrettable. This is regrettable so far. It's really a very primitive style of comedy and most of the jokes have centered on the moronic competitiveness of the two leads. And, that's what I dislike about the two leads as well: they're moronic and competitive. And Otani is manipulative. They're not exactly doing a great job of being sympathetic, which is a priority, IMO, in shoujo anime, since you almost always have to like the characters before you can like the show.

I regret picking this up. It's not showing a great deal of promise since the characters don't even reveal likable characteristics when they go introspective (which has been rare so far, admittedly) and their motivations are incredibly simplistic. I'd hate for this to become another Yamato Nadeshiko, but that's where I see it going.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 20:17   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'll probably carry it on 'cause its wacky -- a style of wacky that i haven't seen in a anime for a while. Also, i've not been in the right mood for the manga as of late --- hopefully that'll change with a few more episodes of the anime.

Also, i'm a small guy, so this hits home-base for me.
Old 2007-04-21, 21:17   Link #86
Slice of Life
eyewitness

The first ep lived up to my expectations. Indeed, it was the most amusing TV series of 2007 so far. There are some series I like better but they all range from serious to deadly serious so they're not really competition. I'm a sucker for romance comedy but unfortunately I find most stuff that goes under that label neither comedic nor romantic. Of course after only one subbed episode there is still enough time for the show to go horribly wrong. That it might go down the Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge path remains a possibility, definitely.

I don't quite understand what's so particularly girls-oriented about the show. As I see it it's a victim of the anime industry's rule to give everything a gender/age stamp. I enjoyed blatant shojo stuff like Ouran and Fruits Basket so it's not that I wouldn't admit it to myself if Love Complex gave me shojo vibes.
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 00:03   Link #87
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Talking Lovely Complex - First Impressions

Freshman Year Summer! I'll Definitely Find a Boyfriend!

I give thanks once again to Omniscient for introducing this title at his blog. The moment I saw the screencaps for episode the show hooked me up.

I won't be downloading RAWS for this series, but instead wait in due time the subs, since there's a lot of dialogue that I need to understand in order to get the jokes.

This is splash comedy at the peak of its gold. What I mean with splash comedy is that the viewer gets doused over and over with surprising feats of comedy stunts that one cannot stop to laugh on a similar manner when one enjoys the cool water being splashed at the face during those hot summer days.

I know by the content and the overly happy colors going along in the animation that this title is shoujo added with slice-of-life and comedy.

What I really enjoy the most about the comedy is the drama invested right before Risa or Otani or both are bombed with an explosive letdown just when they got all puppy-eyed and star-crossed daydreaming about their ideal person.

From watching the development going around Otani and Risa's friendly rivalry and teasing I can now formulate a plausible outcome for the ending, but I am reserving my comments until then.
Spoiler:

Gosh! I haven't this wacky joy and fun since KareKano.

The beginning exceeded my expectations light-years of distance. I enjoyed all of the jokes.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 17:08   Link #88
katsumi
ghostly member

I don't know the manga, but out of curiosity I managed to watch the Dorama / Live-action movie a few months ago.

There it seemed already a light-hearted comedy-shoujo series and the first episode of the anime followed in this.
I really enjoyed the first episode and I laughed at quite some scenes

Overall, I think I'm going to keep this one as it seems to serve good comedy, a warm atmosphere and the love interests began to shine through at the end of the episode and I am curious how they (staff) play it out

Last edited by katsumi; 2007-04-28 at 06:38.
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 17:48   Link #89
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Yes, the Bokura ga Ita-like character designs drew me into this. Guilty as charged. No, I wasn't very impressed with this.
SAME! But I'm gonna keep this anime on my list for this season.

Partly because I read a bit of the manga and I thought it was fun and want to see how tha anime is going to show the story. And well, because I was looking for something like this after BGI ended (Hoping for a second series!)

I watched the first episodes with subs (Thank-you KissSubs!) and it kinda caught me by surprise. I read the manga first, and when I imagined their voices, it was more.. different. I think, Koizumi's voice didn't match her, and it kinda reminded me of Keroberos from CCS at some parts and scared me D: It's also a tad too low for my liking. Otani's voice.. it sounds gay in some parts. It reminds me of a voice from another show that I watched when I was little and the one of the girl's class mate was foreign and his always added in all these darlings and babys after what he said. It just seemed too weird to me. And there was some parts when they talked at the same time and in never matched the mood they were supposed to be portraying. Like in the beginning and the teacher called them All Hanshin-Kyojin and they yelled at the teacher, it was more sing-songish and rehearsed, not pissed. sigh, but maybe I'll get used to it, because I really don't want the voices to distract me from some good scenes. Other people's voices were okay though so amen to that.

The OP and ED, I thought, were good. One of the good points for the anime.

I found it funniest when they argue, because it just comes so naturally and what they called each other was hilarious.

Good, can't wait to watch the next episode! I really want to see Risa and the other girl (I forogt her name, but she was in the OP)
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 20:38   Link #90
iwubanime
FMP wubber

I saw the first episode a couple of days ago

While I didn't really like this show alot, I think there are a few reasons for that. First of all, I've been waiting for this for a while, and I think I set my expectations a little too high. I do want something that isn't so drama-y as Bokura (which like Peach Girl went back and forth with the love triangle until it was beat to death, it was a good anime but I'm getting tired of the love-triangle series.

The other reason I was a little put off by the series was that I didn't find the comedy to be THAT funny. More often than not it brought a smile to my face or made me go aww (when the two leads were super excited about the pool). That was fine, as long as the series doesn't get to be too much comedy. It was probably about half comedy and half plot as of now. This was good.

One thing I really enjoyed with the first episode was the interaction between the two leads. They just mesh really well and with the exception of their height (and probably only because that's been drilled into my head since I've been little) I see nothing wrong with them being a couple. Speaking of which, I liked the subtle ways they show that.. they might (or at least in the future) like each other.

Overall I'm going to keep up with the next few episodes and see where this takes me.

Rating: C+ / B-
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 21:05   Link #91
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I really Enjoy the first epsiode of this series... it seem a fresh of breath air in comdey romance shows now and days. Hope they keep the laughing coming hehe
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 22:02   Link #92
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wow, such mixed reviews.... ah well, I'll try to watch the first episode tonight (I had been looking forward to this based on the premise).
Old 2007-04-24, 09:43   Link #93
Amalia

The scene that it makde me laugh so hard was when Ootani looked like a little devil....
Old 2007-04-25, 00:58   Link #94
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Quote:
The scene that it makde me laugh so hard was when Ootani looked like a little devil....
yeah that part sooo funny
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 01:25   Link #95
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay.. it didn't knock my socks off -- but I think it has promise so I'll stick with it for at least a handful of episodes. I rather like the OP visuals.
Old 2007-04-25, 18:49   Link #96
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well after catching the second episode I gotta say I really like the show. Its kindof nice to have a cute fun show like this that isnt so dead serious. The whole thing is just alot of fun to watch and the I really cant see myself growing tired of the interactions between the leads.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 13:13   Link #97
greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Well after catching the second episode I gotta say I really like the show. Its kindof nice to have a cute fun show like this that isnt so dead serious. The whole thing is just alot of fun to watch and the I really cant see myself growing tired of the interactions between the leads.
I've really got to agree with you. I watch a lot of the more serious shows and for me every once and awhile something completly off the wall is great. It made me smile and laugh and that is all that's really important to me. I watched the 2nd episode and it's by a group I've never seen before, "Blue Storm". I thought they did a lovely job. Congrats on what appears to be your 1st sub.
greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 16:57   Link #98
Amalia

Funny I found the torrent link for episode two in the front page and because it is mp4 I opened it with the quick time player but it does not showing me a thing when I push the play button...Only a blank screen and ihear the songs and the dialogues but no image at all...
Old 2007-04-26, 18:20   Link #99
Antonik

Quote:
Funny I found the torrent link for episode two in the front page and because it is mp4 I opened it with the quick time player but it does not showing me a thing when I push the play button...Only a blank screen and ihear the songs and the dialogues but no image at all...
you are missing the proper codecs for the video. Easiest way is downloading Videolan which is a media player with many necessary codecs built in...alternatively there is also http://www.cccp-project.net/ which is a codec pack that includes all codecs you'd ever want aswell as 2 good media players...but you'd have to unistall any codecs you have had previously like ffshow..or the video might get screwy.
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 19:17   Link #100
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

So, I got caught up with the episodes for the show (1-3) and it's ridiculously hilarious. Great character interaction, great VA work, and just great production for the show overall. The wide variety of facial expressions and some of the cuter details (like Risa's varying hairstyles) is something I kind of wish more anime had.

At any rate, I'm doing a sub of the series (I-Z) and I noticed that my subs are a little smaller than I'd like for TV output. I thought about readjusting it for general release but it would mess with the PC watchers if I did. I visit here fairly often so I wanted to ask some people. So, would anyone be interested in a version with typesetting specifically set for TV output (larger font, higher type positioning, and etc.)?
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance