Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-01, 14:48   Link #2021
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
"I love my little sister" my ass. Textbook toxic. Don't even want to know what their mother's like.
But that's love right there, pretty much every action that Haruno makes around Yukinon can be read as she telling her imouto to be independent and become her own person.....
..... The problem is that Yukino won't listen to the message unless Haruno sinks her ship and executes all of the tripulation That's quite sibling like if you think about it, "it's war"

If you think about it, Shizuka tries to deliver the same message in a soft tone, and she usually can't reach at all...... Well, it's not like Haruno is successful either, but at least she is making dents on her armor that can be used by someone else; in fact I'm quite sure that this is part of why she wants to keep Hikki interacting with Yukinon, it's probably he the one who is most likely to get the message accross.
Old 2014-04-01, 15:06   Link #2022
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well I think bolo ties look cool...especially with Hayama's looks it is awesome.
Old 2014-04-01, 15:06   Link #2023
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
But that's love right there, pretty much every action that Haruno makes around Yukinon can be read as she telling her imouto to be independent and become her own person.....
..... The problem is that Yukino won't listen to the message unless Haruno sinks her ship and executes all of the tripulation That's quite sibling like if you think about it, "it's war"

If you think about it, Shizuka tries to deliver the same message in a soft tone, and she usually can't reach at all...... Well, it's not like Haruno is successful either, but at least she is making dents on her armor that can be used by someone else; in fact I'm quite sure that this is part of why she wants to keep Hikki interacting with Yukinon, it's probably he the one who is most likely to get the message accross.
That actually might be true, it's like “I'm a monster and I don't want you to become one too” so she will even go as far as breaking her to achieve that, might be love, but a very twisted one..

Last edited by Heat066; 2014-04-01 at 16:29.
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 15:15   Link #2024
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
That actually might be true, it's like “I'm a monster and I don't want you to become one too” so she we'll even go as far as breaking her to achieve that, might be love, but a very twisted one..
"She’ll meddle so much with what she likes to the point of killing it."

I was like that with toy cars when i was a kid.
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 15:19   Link #2025
anonfr

Quote:
Well, I'll tell you one horrible secret. Here in exUSSR no one ever wore bolo tie period, douche or not. Pretty much the same goes for Japan. In fact, name any other country besides USA where people even know what bolo tie is.

So, in fact, Hayato's wearing quite an uncommon accessory. Maybe with some history behind it.
This is just what makes me think that it's an idiosyncrasy to draw attention. Like "Hey that looks unusual." It's something that makes a point in standing out. That bothers me. It seriously does. I feel like little things like that say a lot about Hayato's character overall.

Also, for countries familiar with Bolo ties fairly well known outside of USA, there's England (Where I'm from), Ireland, Scottland, Spain, Italy (remember Spaghetti westerns), France especially in the 1990's and some parts of Germany and Belgium though I'm not sure why I just see their car drivers wearing them sometimes.

So basically, America, Canada, Mexico, The UK, Most romance countries and some middle European countries. The Bolo tie has symbolism in Western Movies and several music scenes most prominent throughout the 1960's and 1970's with a few come backs in fashion here and there, sometimes brought in merely to be retro or have some kind of "Hipster" Vibe too it.

Also apparently someone in Japan knows what a Bolo tie is. Namely, the author of this work.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 16:27   Link #2026
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
This is just what makes me think that it's an idiosyncrasy to draw attention. Like "Hey that looks unusual." It's something that makes a point in standing out. That bothers me. It seriously does. I feel like little things like that say a lot about Hayato's character overall.

Also, for countries familiar with Bolo ties fairly well known outside of USA, there's England (Where I'm from), Ireland, Scottland, Spain, Italy (remember Spaghetti westerns), France especially in the 1990's and some parts of Germany and Belgium though I'm not sure why I just see their car drivers wearing them sometimes.

So basically, America, Canada, Mexico, The UK, Most romance countries and some middle European countries. The Bolo tie has symbolism in Western Movies and several music scenes most prominent throughout the 1960's and 1970's with a few come backs in fashion here and there, sometimes brought in merely to be retro or have some kind of "Hipster" Vibe too it.

Also apparently someone in Japan knows what a Bolo tie is. Namely, the author of this work.

Ok, thanks for correction.

As for knowing, Watari-sensei is still an exception, not a rule.

As for the Hayato's bolo tie, my wild guess is he could adopted that while studiying in USA (same as Yukino).
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 16:52   Link #2027
anonfr

Quote:
Ok, thanks for correction.

As for knowing, Watari-sensei is still an exception, not a rule.

As for the Hayato's bolo tie, my wild guess is he could adopted that while studiying in USA (same as Yukino).
I accept that.

Hayato and Yukino Studied in the U.S? I missed that. Entirely.

Can you elaborate or show me where I can read more? I wonder if they studied together or anything like that. Hmm.
Old 2014-04-01, 17:01   Link #2028
csuree
The Most Hated™

Funny how we began arguing about a fashion accessory. We went off_topic a little bit but it is nice to know that we pay attention to the very little details about the series.

I wonder why Orimoto said "I see" and checked out the girls? It might have been jealousy and by confirming that the girls were high quality ones(sorry for this expression but couldn't express it otherwise) she forcefully admited that Hachiman had changed. The other thing still bothering me is Haruno's referring at Yukino that she resembles her mother. I think that is reverse psychology as Yukino does not love her mum, and this way Haruno influences her to take other routes in solving different situations, so she will not resemble her in the future. Haruno is very sly like a fox. She has multiple layers of personality, much like a fortress. She will be hard to crack like her sister but Hachiman might just do it at both of them.

I'm very curious about the rest of the chapters. Things started to speed up in this volume. Surely something big will happen in the near future.
Old 2014-04-01, 17:14   Link #2029
femrilu

As it is now, alot of stuff and tension is building up, probably for a final emotional breakdown huehuehuehue.
No as alot of us already got spoiled by reading the summary... not happening.
femrilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 17:19   Link #2030
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Funny how we began arguing about a fashion accessory. We went off_topic a little bit but it is nice to know that we pay attention to the very little details about the series.

I wonder why Orimoto said "I see" and checked out the girls? It might have been jealousy and by confirming that the girls were high quality ones(sorry for this expression but couldn't express it otherwise) she forcefully admited that Hachiman had changed. The other thing still bothering me is Haruno's referring at Yukino that she resembles her mother. I think that is reverse psychology as Yukino does not love her mum, and this way Haruno influences her to take other routes in solving different situations, so she will not resemble her in the future. Haruno is very sly like a fox. She has multiple layers of personality, much like a fortress. She will be hard to crack like her sister but Hachiman might just do it at both of them.

I'm very curious about the rest of the chapters. Things started to speed up in this volume. Surely something big will happen in the near future.
Just the fact Hayama went through all the trouble to go with them just to shove this in their throats must have been enough, but showing Hikigaya's friends to them..this must have destroyed them in every sense of the word.

and Hikigaya didn't move a finger...karma sure is a bitch.
Old 2014-04-01, 17:24   Link #2031
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post

I feel like her saying "I see" was confirming the point Hayama was trying to make. Like whatever Hayama was trying to do did have the intended effect, she may have realized Hikki isn't what she remembers. At least, that's what I like to think.

I feel like I remember Yukino comparing Haruno to their mom at one point too. Must be a very sensitive thing.

I wonder if Orimoto is just a one off character or if she'll randomly pop up again.
Old 2014-04-01, 20:31   Link #2032
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
I think/hope we'll see a bit more of Orimoto in some other volume.
__________________________________________________ ___________

The thing about Haruno is, that regardless that the things she does can be interpreted to have a deeper meaning of "love", the method it's still really, really unsettling, and the things she does do not stop at Yukino, but she treats everyone around Yukino's life exactly like a pawn in the grand scheme of things, the more unsettling thing about it it's that if this is the way she treats those she appreciates/has some interest, what could she do to someone she hates? If I were Yui, I would stay away from Hachiman purely out of fear of Haruno
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 20:38   Link #2033
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
^
I think/hope we'll see a bit more of Orimoto in some other volume.
__________________________________________________ ___________

The thing about Haruno is, that regardless that the things she does can be interpreted to have a deeper meaning of "love", the method it's still really, really unsettling, and the things she does do not stop at Yukino, but she treats everyone around Yukino's life exactly like a pawn in the grand scheme of things, the more unsettling thing about it it's that if this is the way she treats those she appreciates/has some interest, what could she do to someone she hates? If I were Yui, I would stay away from Hachiman purely out of fear of Haruno
I also hope for this. I think it will be interesting, even if she only pops up for a single follow up.
Old 2014-04-01, 21:31   Link #2034
king12354

What exactly was Hayama trying to do? Is he just trying to teach Hikigaya not to victimize himself by being blunt to those two girls and hurting his image? There seems to be more depth to Hayama than meets the eye but I don't understand where he is going with this.

And why is Haruno part of this scheme as well?
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 21:43   Link #2035
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
What exactly was Hayama trying to do? Is he just trying to teach Hikigaya not to victimize himself by being blunt to those two girls and hurting his image? There seems to be more depth to Hayama than meets the eye but I don't understand where he is going with this.

That's a pretty hard question to answer since there could be many explanations to it, but I think yours comes pretty close I think, Hayama did it all because he wanted Hikigaya to respect himself at least a bit more, but as you saw it backfired, and really hard, I actually feel really bad for him right now..

As for Haruno..you could say she's the biggest bastard in this LN if you watched the anime you should know why, if not you should.
Old 2014-04-01, 23:07   Link #2036
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post

Hayato probably had many objectives, but it's obvious that he made that meeting for Hikki's sake. Thing started to backfire since we are more or less hinted that he thought that Hikki still sorta of liked Kaori (probably wanted him to earn him some brownie points ). He also made obvious misunderstandings about what Hikki wanted and on what he thinks, I bet that in his mind Yukinon, Yui and Hikki where all going to have a family hug in the end with everyone happy

About Haruno, it's obvious from looking that she didn't had any plan at all, but rather just went with the flow (Hayama going out of his way to involver her hints this). First and foremost let's think on what would have happened "originally".

- Yukinon would have asked Hayato to be the student president.
- Hayato would be obviously unable to refuse a Yukinon that asks for help.
- He would have got stranded between his obligations and would have done a lesser job in both of them (Hikki realized this).
- Yukinon would probaby feel strange and or guilty once she realized that, and would have tried to do something weird / stubborn about it.

So, the obvious true answer was to have Yukinon never asking about it. In a sense, we have that Haruno is the most alike Hikki; she doesn't mind being hated as long as she gets the results. Well, deep down Hikki isn't really ok with being hated, I suppose that university siscon is the same, really deep down .
In fact Hikki would have probably said something mean about it if the topic was brought up, after all he saw it as wrong.
Old 2014-04-01, 23:20   Link #2037
anonfr

Quote:
Hayato probably had many objectives, but it's obvious that he made that meeting for Hikki's sake. Thing started to backfire since we are more or less hinted that he thought that Hikki still sorta of liked Kaori (probably wanted him to earn him some brownie points ). He also made obvious misunderstandings about what Hikki wanted and on what he thinks, I bet that in his mind Yukinon, Yui and Hikki where all going to have a family hug in the end with everyone happy

About Haruno, it's obvious from looking that she didn't had any plan at all, but rather just went with the flow (Hayama going out of his way to involver her hints this). First and foremost let's think on what would have happened "originally".

- Yukinon would have asked Hayato to be the student president.
- Hayato would be obviously unable to refuse a Yukinon that asks for help.
- He would have got stranded between his obligations and would have done a lesser job in both of them (Hikki realized this).
- Yukinon would probaby feel strange and or guilty once she realized that, and would have tried to do something weird / stubborn about it.

So, the obvious true answer was to have Yukinon never asking about it. In a sense, we have that Haruno is the most alike Hikki; she doesn't mind being hated as long as she gets the results. Well, deep down Hikki isn't really ok with being hated, I suppose that university siscon is the same, really deep down .
In fact Hikki would have probably said something mean about it if the topic was brought up, after all he saw it as wrong.

So what do you think was bothering Haruno that she got the answer too?
Old 2014-04-02, 00:27   Link #2038
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
So what do you think was bothering Haruno that she got the answer too?
Well, I would like to see what line she used in the original, after all there are nuisances here and there that have double meanings and that don't translate too well.

Before that scene, the two things that she mentioned and were related to this was :

1.- Yukinon not being requested to be a student council president.
2.- Hayato and Hikki hanging around in a weird date ("don't make it sound like it's two guys dating" , is still cracking me up ).
Old 2014-04-02, 00:59   Link #2039
anonfr

Quote:
Well, I would like to see what line she used in the original, after all there are nuisances here and there that have double meanings and that don't translate too well.

Before that scene, the two things that she mentioned and were related to this was :

2.- Hayato and Hikki hanging around in a weird date ("don't make it sound like it's two guys dating" , is still cracking me up ).
Well I'm curious as to what you're opinion on it would be. Either it's the observations she made about Hikki and Hayato's date, or it's about Yukino.

I can't exactly come to a conclusion personally.
Old 2014-04-02, 01:06   Link #2040
Excorsism

Quote:

She also mentioned what the reason Hayama had for bringing Hachiman along. The original line:

「さて、気になってたこともわかったし、私も帰ろうかな。。。」

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck