3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-01-14, 18:31   Link #61
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Same as the Megasize Zaku from a few episodes back, it would have been introduced and removed from a secret hatch on the table.
No, that Zaku was a generated AI from the computer, so there was no gunpla for it

And guys pay attention to details, C was using a remote terminal to play (which was stored/unfolded from his briefcase)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 19:02   Link #62
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, Yuuki flat out said Megasize Zaku pop out from under the arena
Old 2014-01-14, 19:08   Link #63
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
No, that Zaku was a generated AI from the computer, so there was no gunpla for it
The Mega Size Zaku actually came from a compartment under the arena, as mentioned by Yuuki in his explanation, complete with an image of said Mega Size Zaku in an internal bay alongside multiple smaller (HG?) Zaku's.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 19:23   Link #64
Aurelis
Daydreamer

My guess would be that C was actually under the actual tournament stage, and he entered through an access terminal arena, which allowed his unit to appear form underground (into the sea) and once the tournament ended, his Gunpla went back down the remote terminal hatch.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 22:36   Link #65
Somnus
Eh?

What to say, what to say.

Having skipped AGE entirely after watching the first two episodes (barely), I decided to check this out on a whim as I needed some Gundam back in my life. The result being that I ended up watching 1-14 in a matter of days.

This show is fantastic. It's not even over and it's one of my favourites. Incredible visuals/fights (DAT Build Strike vs. Red Zaku, DAT battle royale, etc.), a whole slew of mecha/gundam (Star Build Strike has now become my favourite gundam), and a light-hearted storyline without the classic political drama. Not to mention the characters are all fun (Mao is bloody hilarious, and awesome). As an added bonus, the romance buff in me is satisfied with not just one pairing, but multiple! (Again, Mao x Misaki is right up there with Aila x Reiji for me. Though Sei x China, and Ricardo x Mihoshi ain't far behind at all).

Oh, and the soundtrack. It's phenomenal. The 1st OP is stuck in my head, and I had no urge to skip it at all while watching. While on this note, it looks like Misaki's going to make another appearance based on the new ED, so I am excited.

As for talking about something relevant to the latest episodes. I love Aila, and I'm glad her emotionless persona is just a front (on that note, the comment extends to Yuuki as well). Purely my guess, but based on what we've seen I'm guessing she came from a poor household (based on her clothing in the flashback), and her love for food stems from the fact she barely had any before she started joined Nemesis (again, just basing it on the fact she was looking at a hot cup of tea when she agreed). This would also explain why it's painful for her, as she feels she HAS to do it to keep living. In my personal hopes for a happy ending for everyone, if she has no family maybe Reiji can take her back home with him? Just sayin'.

Anyways, I can't wait for more.
Old 2014-01-14, 22:41   Link #66
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Apparently there's at least 7000 homeless people in Finland

I won't be surprised if Flanna Institute is disguised as orphanage or something like that....
Old 2014-01-14, 23:09   Link #67
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

One Answer: Four-clone.

One Scenario: Died of Brainwashing.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 00:59   Link #68
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I can't help but feel that the suit Aila is wearing enhance her performance at piloting, while it increase performance there also side effect when caused headache.
Old 2014-01-15, 01:03   Link #69
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
No, Yuuki flat out said Megasize Zaku pop out from under the arena
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The Mega Size Zaku actually came from a compartment under the arena, as mentioned by Yuuki in his explanation, complete with an image of said Mega Size Zaku in an internal bay alongside multiple smaller (HG?) Zaku's.
Woops nvm then

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I can't help but feel that the suit Aila is wearing enhance her performance at piloting, while it increase performance there also side effect when caused headache.
You don't even need to guess lol, there absolutely zero point in the suit+helmet getup if it was not for pilot enhancement (especially the helmet)

If it was the suit alone, then thats fine, as it would be no different from wearing a sport uniform/outfit at said sport event
Old 2014-01-15, 01:04   Link #70
Traece
:cool:

Excuse me while I pretend to be surprised that a Kampfer-based model won a race by a landslide!

At any rate, apparently the engineers lied about the Zeong's completeness. It was actually supposed to have tentacles. Thank goodness Ramba Ral put a stop to that nonsense!
Old 2014-01-15, 03:12   Link #71
monster

I don't understand the scoring.

Ral says that Sei and Reiji are among 12 competitors who are undefeated, with Luang and 6 other players being 4 points behind.

Kirara says that there will be 9 races with only the 1st place of each race getting 4 points, but no points for the rest.

6 out of the 9 races are won by those undefeated, and 1 race is won by Luang.

So here are the possible scenarios:

Races 1 and 8 are won by 2 of the undefeated.
Races 1 and 8 are won by 2 of the 4 points behind.
Races 1 and 8 are won by players further behind.
Races 1 and 8 are won by an undefeated and a 4-point-behind.
Races 1 and 8 are won by an undefeated and a player further behind.
Races 1 and 8 are won by a 4-point behind and a player further behind.

For Sei and Reiji, the worst case scenario is that races 1 and 8 are won by 2 of the 4-point behind, which would make 3 competitors, including Luang, tie with them after gaining 4 points. But even then, 12 + 3 is still 15.

So how did Sei and Reiji fall all the way to 17th place?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 03:40   Link #72
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I don't understand the scoring.

Ral says that Sei and Reiji are among 12 competitors who are undefeated, with Luang and 6 other players being 4 points behind.

Kirara says that there will be 9 races with only the 1st place of each race getting 4 points, but no points for the rest.

6 out of the 9 races are won by those undefeated, and 1 race is won by Luang.

So here are the possible scenarios:

Races 1 and 8 are won by 2 of the undefeated.
Races 1 and 8 are won by 2 of the 4 points behind.
Races 1 and 8 are won by players further behind.
Races 1 and 8 are won by an undefeated and a 4-point-behind.
Races 1 and 8 are won by an undefeated and a player further behind.
Races 1 and 8 are won by a 4-point behind and a player further behind.

For Sei and Reiji, the worst case scenario is that races 1 and 8 are won by 2 of the 4-point behind, which would make 3 competitors, including Luang, tie with them after gaining 4 points. But even then, 12 + 3 is still 15.

So how did Sei and Reiji fall all the way to 17th place?
Perhaps some of the earlier rounds (the ones we went through fast at the start) were scored slightly differently?

For example the first marksman one could have been scored based on accuracy (eg 1 point per bullseye)
Old 2014-01-15, 03:43   Link #73
monster

Quote:
Perhaps some of the earlier rounds (the ones we went through fast at the start) were scored slightly differently?

For example the first marksman one could have been scored based on accuracy (eg 1 point per bullseye)
The conversation with Ral was after the 6th period, so all the points are up to date for the race.
Old 2014-01-15, 03:59   Link #74
Aurelis
Daydreamer

I believe this flaw arises when the tournament failed to update the actual scoring after each period. Therefore such factors were overlooked. This goes along with the announcer mention of Star Build instead of MK-II in one of the period.

I blame the shift in focus to make the tournament more sensational through the sabotage attempts and scoring for guaranteed spots. This supposedly makes the battle with Fellini more exciting if we expect the final round to be ridiculous like "Winner gets 10 points".
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 04:07   Link #75
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
I believe this flaw arises when the tournament failed to update the actual scoring after each period. Therefore such factors were overlooked. This goes along with the announcer mention of Star Build instead of MK-II in one of the period.

I blame the shift in focus to make the tournament more sensational through the sabotage attempts.
So are you saying it's just a simple overlooked mistake on their part? If so, I'll take that.

I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, or maybe it's a translation error.

If it is an actual error on their part, I guess the simple fix is to just have Ral say there are 14 undefeated up to that point in the DVD/Blu-ray release. That is, if they feel it's even worth fixing.
Old 2014-01-15, 04:07   Link #76
Skye629

Quote:
The conversation with Ral was after the 6th period, so all the points are up to date for the race.
Now I remember an earlier episode saying that each round was 4 points

But something else also occurred to me because of this

Since this is the case, this does not necessarily MEAN that they are LITERALLY 17th place with the 17th most points

Since all the rounds are ranked by 4 points, that means the people in the lead all possess:

X (max amount of points possible) - # of points for last qualifying round = points total so far

While all the people who have lost a round (the people who still stand a chance of qualifying) are currently at:

X (max amount of points) - # of points for last qualifying round - 4 for the round they lost

So they are literally tied for points with X number of players who have lost only one round like them, while 17 just happens to be the number they are at in the order of all the players with the same # of points as them

So its highly likely the final qualifying round is going to have a different scoring system to offset all the scores (which are all multiples of 4 up to this point)
Old 2014-01-15, 04:18   Link #77
monster

Quote:
Now I remember an earlier episode saying that each round was 4 points

But something else also occurred to me because of this

Since this is the case, this does not necessarily MEAN that they are LITERALLY 17th place with the 17th most points

Since all the rounds are ranked by 4 points, that means the people in the lead all possess:

X (max amount of points possible) - # of points for last qualifying round = points total so far

While all the people who have lost a round (the people who still stand a chance of qualifying) are currently at:

X (max amount of points) - # of points for last qualifying round - 4 for the round they lost

So they are literally tied for points with X number of players who have lost only one round like them, while 17 just happens to be the number they are at in the order of all the players with the same # of points as them

So its highly likely the final qualifying round is going to have a different scoring system to offset all the scores (which are all multiples of 4 up to this point)
I don't think that's how they calculate the score. But even if the scoring is like that, the people who only lost 1 round prior to the race would now have lost 2 rounds after the race unless they're one of the 2 players who won either race 1 or race 8.
Old 2014-01-15, 04:25   Link #78
Skye629

Quote:
I don't think that's how they calculate the score. But even if the scoring is like that, the people who only lost 1 round prior to the race would now have lost 2 rounds after the race unless they're one of the 2 players who won either race 1 or race 8.
I checked the episodes, while there was no concrete statement on every match being 4 points, every event they did show though mentioned that the winners would receive 4 points, so its safe to assume that each round so far is calculated that way, and the team ones end with each winning team getting all said points

As for the part I bolded in your comment, thats good, it further sets apart who stands the higher chance of getting in and who does not
Old 2014-01-15, 04:33   Link #79
monster

Quote:
As for the part I bolded in your comment, thats good, it further sets apart who stands the higher chance of getting in and who does not
Which means, the standing is now roughly as follows, assuming races 1 and 8 are won by people like Luang:

First tier: we have the 6 undefeated after the 7th period.
Second tier: we have the 6 previously undefeated who lost in the 7th period, including Sei and Reiji, + Luang + 2 others like Luang
Third tier: 4 remaining players like Luang who now have lost in at least 2 periods.
Fourth tier: the rest of the 90 or so players left.

So if you add up the first and second tiers, you have 6 + 6 + 3 = 15.

So yeah, I think they just did their math incorrectly or something.
Old 2014-01-15, 04:41   Link #80
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

maybe the risk is that if they lose next phase, they're going to go down to 17th.