Notices

Old 2007-06-19, 18:59   Link #641
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The hair is ugly.
Heh
Well, I wish I had the skills for figure-building, but thankfull that PVC's are available
even though I can't tailor them to perfection

'what's in a seam'
Old 2007-06-22, 19:24   Link #642
The Aussie

I just found this beautiful Haruka Suzumiya figure on HLJ. about time some PVC's came out for this series

http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC96269
The Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 01:35   Link #643
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aussie View Post
I just found this beautiful Haruka Suzumiya figure on HLJ. about time some PVC's came out for this series

http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC96269
I'm really surprised that there aren't more. It did pretty well for itself, right?

Okay, so... Max Factory Ayu has been pre-ordered, and I spent money I shouldn't have to acquire this at a local store (much to my surprise).
http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYPP-133

They had a Pia Carrot figure at one point as well, but it appears to have been sold out. Both are a surprise, since neither series has been published in the US (I think?), and given the current trends that I've seen stateside, I don't think would be taken as well as others, and to find them in my little neck of the southwest... odd. Hopefully the trend continues and I can add to my collection cheaper.

I'll post a full photo sometime in the near future. Not that it will be that impressive compared to some people's. I just feel I kind of have to.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 09:14   Link #644
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
My recent purchases:

1/10 Tsukamoto Yakumo & 1/10 Sawachika Eri (School Rumble):
Spoiler:

Shinku (Rozen Maiden):
Spoiler:

1/8 Karen Ortensia (Fate/hollow ataraxia):
Spoiler:

1/8 Tohsaka Rin maid ver. (Fate/hollow ataraxia):
Spoiler:

He is My Master Sega EX Maid and EX Uniform figures:
Spoiler:

1/8 Sawatari Izumi (He is My Master):
Spoiler:
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 10:39   Link #645
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany View Post
My recent purchases:

He is My Master Sega EX Maid and EX Uniform figures:
Spoiler:

1/8 Sawatari Izumi (He is My Master):
Spoiler:
I cancelled the Sega Izumi in favor of the EB version
and from the looks of it, a wise choice
Old 2007-06-29, 20:20   Link #646
DSJFX18
Destiny

Hmmm whats some good sites/places to get figures at decent prices in Canada and the US? (Excluding HLJ though, I'm trying to get some of the figures that HLJ is now listing as discontinued)
DSJFX18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 11:05   Link #647
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Well added three more to my "Gonna get them" list

Ryomou
Sion
and
Shizuru
Old 2007-07-17, 22:06   Link #648
Kittie Rose

Anyone collect Action figures?

I am looking to make a custom figure of a character that is smaller than most Marvel Legend type figures(would be best as a 5" scale, but not super posable ones of those) is female, not skinny, and preferably has a miniskirt already moulded on(Since I have no idea how to make the soft plastic used for clothing).

Since my normal domain hasn't turned anything up, I'm wondering if anyone who collects anime figures know of any super-posable figures that could work for this. I've been thinking about using Microman but they're a bit too small, and Revoltechs are too expensive just for butchering. Is there anything like microman but bigger?
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 13:50   Link #649
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Just got these in today pics later

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...3300/4/649/204

Too bad girls like this isn't playing real golf

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...73568/4/649/36

Now i need Illya, Caster, Sakura and Rider Meido for the set.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...2514/4/649/156

Got Mikuru already just need Yuki and Ryoko.
Old 2007-07-24, 00:03   Link #650
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

My haruhi suzumiya figurine

The base on it, however, sucked, because as you can see, she is tilting forward too much. I bought some items from local stores, and redid the base. Since a digital camera is no longer in my possession, this is the last picture i took of the redone base (and im happy to report that haruhi no longer leans forward)

Yes, I know the star is not in the center. Its like that for a reason, i plan on adding more to the base, like an Amp for haruhi's guitar.

Here is my Revy PVC

and my Yuki pvc

I also have Rin and Saber from Fate/Stay Night, but as mentioned before, i dont have a digital camera so I don't have pictures.
pingu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 03:03   Link #651
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
I am looking to make a custom figure of a character that is smaller than most Marvel Legend type figures(would be best as a 5" scale, but not super posable ones of those) is female, not skinny, and preferably has a miniskirt already moulded on(Since I have no idea how to make the soft plastic used for clothing).

Since my normal domain hasn't turned anything up, I'm wondering if anyone who collects anime figures know of any super-posable figures that could work for this. I've been thinking about using Microman but they're a bit too small, and Revoltechs are too expensive just for butchering. Is there anything like microman but bigger?
Been ages since my brother and I used to "customize" action figures. I remember seeing stuff on some hobbyist model-building sites, but I'm drawing a blank right now. For the most part, you should be able to find figures with the separate features you want and swap limbs and heads as needed between similarly-constructed figures, then repaint. Some people resculpt clothes and hair or cast their own, but that's much further than we went.

Anyways, most of them aren't going to be super-posable, especially female ones - most of them have arms and legs too skinny for decent elbow and knee joints. You might want to look at the Teen Titans and Justice League figures; they're about 5", there are several female characters, and at least Supergirl wears a mini.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 03:21   Link #652
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the thing I dont like about the PVC haruhi bunny girls is that they are missing the stocking detail. it really helps the image stand out.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 07:55   Link #653
LynnieS

Wanted: Technique to fix a polystone figure

Hi, all. I picked up a B-Club "Lacus Clyne" figure from Yahoo Auctions (Japan) earlier, and found that the figure's hairpiece and a hand broke off during shipping (I think). Since the auction was done by a person and not a shop, the only thing he can do is a refund, but since I paid about half price for it - and it's a nice figure - I'd like to try and repair it.

Searching for some on-line info, it looks like I can fix a polystone figure with super glue if I have all of the pieces and epoxy putty if I don't. Has anyone tried something like this before, though?

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 18:02   Link #654
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
hey i got this mikuru-chan figure and at first it was ok, but lately its starting tilt over to one side. does anyone else have this problem? or a way around it?

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 21:03   Link #655
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
I believe someone else had that problem with a Motoko Kusanagi figure in this thread. It might be because it's made of PVC, and if exposed to heat for an extended period of time, it can parts of the figure may be warped. So the easy way around it is to keep figures like that in a cooler room.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 18:44   Link #656
Mr JeburtO

anyone have the revoltech eva's? I'm considering buying them but i wanna hear if you guys like them
Mr JeburtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 18:53   Link #657
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

since i got a digicam, here is my whole collection

pingu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 21:55   Link #658
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr JeburtO View Post
anyone have the revoltech eva's? I'm considering buying them but i wanna hear if you guys like them
I have a couple of the RevolTech Patlabor figures, and I really like them. A bit small, but nicely detailed and amazing posability.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 23:45   Link #659
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Haruhi obsession should be stopped ^_^

This is the one I want to get. Super sexy ^_^. But artbooks come before PVCs.

Miraroma - 1/7 Tsukimiya Kaede PVC Figure (personally I hate anything PVC bigger than 1/8 scale, but this one is just too good to pass)

ps: My artbook will never get to me. 5 months of waiting for that backorder to finally be fulfilled . I sorta wish there would be a good PVC of Setsuna from Kyoshiro

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 03:01   Link #660
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Haruhi obsession should be stopped ^_^

This is the one I want to get. Super sexy ^_^. But artbooks come before PVCs.

Miraroma - 1/7 Tsukimiya Kaede PVC Figure (personally I hate anything PVC bigger than 1/8 scale, but this one is just too good to pass)

ps: My artbook will never get to me. 5 months of waiting for that backorder to finally be fulfilled . I sorta wish there would be a good PVC of Setsuna from Kyoshiro
That is so HAWT

Man I need to start my own collection, stupid parents wont let me buy any ><