AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-07, 01:00   Link #2041
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Many thanks for the wonderful summaries! Sounds like this is more of a treat for those already familiar with the original version, but the additional characterization for select characters along with extra explanations/information seems like it would've been nice to have regardless. I know you occasionally inserted your thoughts on the changes, but what were your overall thoughts on the remake as a whole?

Any chance this could get a port? Perhaps to the Vita? Anyone know how the sales have been?
It's very hard for me to describe my feelings, because I view the remake in several different ways- as someone who's already finished the original, as someone wondering how it would be for new players, and as someone who's judging it on it's own. I need a little time to sort my thoughts and properly convey them.

I plan to post what I liked, what I was indifferent to, and what I didn't like at some point in the future, at least.

I can at least say the new version is miles better than Code_18 was. Despite the bad changes, I think the writing team they used for this version was way better than the writing team for Code_18 (and to make matters odd, this version only had one writer and two scenario writers, while Code_18 had one scenario writer and five writers!)
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 02:20   Link #2042
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
I can at least say the new version is miles better than Code_18 was. Despite the bad changes, I think the writing team they used for this version was way better than the writing team for Code_18 (and to make matters odd, this version only had one writer and two scenario writers, while Code_18 had one scenario writer and five writers!)
I could see Code_18 as a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth, or rather trying too hard to achieve the right "feel."
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:08   Link #2043
Spamamdorf

Hey that was a good present to come back to after the holidays, thanks for doing all this Ace, it was definetly a good summary of the game, also I was wondering if you ever find some spare time whether youd be able to try and see if you could upload a pic or two of these 3D models you talk about, I mean for example you said You's looked bad and Takeshi's looked good but you know I'll take your word for it and all but that kinda piques my curiosity a bit you know?
Spoiler for Ever 17:
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 01:49   Link #2044
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Spoiler for Ever17:
Kite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 07:43   Link #2045
Spamamdorf

Spoiler for Ever 17:

EDIT: On the subject of the manga, a new one was supposed to be due today, or do the japanese characters at the end of chapter 4 say something along the lines of "to see what happens next buy the game!"?

Last edited by Spamamdorf; 2012-01-10 at 18:10.
Old 2012-01-11, 01:13   Link #2046
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Why compare the two? I thought code=18 had its own independent unrelated staff for everything. At least Ever 17 remake had some old staff in it.

Speaking of the writers, in the end, who are they?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 06:46   Link #2047
dsp2003

After seeing this "official" Ever17 fanfic game on my fellow's x360 and reading GA's description, I am grateful that it will never be ported to PC. It's a completely different story, an impostor on steroids, which shouldn't have been born.

Now I'll go and pretend this "version" has never existed in the first place. Too much has been butchered I loved the story for and too many fancy-pantsy stuff has been added. It's a $&%@# fake.

More rage here.

P.S. Disregard that, it seems the BGM remixes and piano versions of main character themes are the only decent thing in the freakin' whole fanfic-remake.

Last edited by dsp2003; 2012-01-15 at 04:37. Reason: Sincerely yours, Russian Ever17 TL lead.
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 07:47   Link #2048
Spamamdorf

Well it's good to see I'm not the only person who thinks that way, and that I'm a bit more moderate in my disaproval :P howevr in your little link you also say that you think the manga was "fanfic garbage" or something like that, and really now, I actually liked the manga just fine, there weren't exactly that many changes in it or anything so it was easy to read almost as if it were the original ever 17 story (and Takeshi's faces just kept getting better and better every panel) it may have declined later but from whats there it seems fine, and the story here (while it does have it's flaws) is not quite as bad as you make it out to be, if you just think of it as what you called it (a fanfic) and think that really it has effect on the quality of the last game and is not "canon" (at least in my mind) then there's no reason to get THAT upset about it, facepalm a bit sure but really now XD
Old 2012-01-11, 08:24   Link #2049
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Why compare the two? I thought code=18 had its own independent unrelated staff for everything. At least Ever 17 remake had some old staff in it.

Speaking of the writers, in the end, who are they?
For which game? Ever17 or Code_18?

I was actually wrong: Ever17 had the same scenario and writer: Shichiro Yamada. There were two directors, not scenario writers.

Code_18: Scenario Writer: Chabou Higurashi (who, I am said to say, actually had worked on Never7 as one of the writers, and wrote a novel adaptation of Ever17, which was panned.)

Code_18: Route Writers: Osamu Murata, Yasuyuki Mochida, Mayu Gunta, Nayuta Gunta, Kosuke Fukushima
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 01:33   Link #2050
Jade Magatama
その目、だれの目?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamamdorf View Post

EDIT: On the subject of the manga, a new one was supposed to be due today, or do the japanese characters at the end of chapter 4 say something along the lines of "to see what happens next buy the game!"?
Nope, thankfully it isn't ~ Chp. 4 ending text: With hope in their hearts, they head to Zweite Stock!
If you're keeping up, it ends at roughly around where Tsugumi Route Part 9 leaves off in Ace's summary.
That said, Chapter 5 will be out on Famitsu by tomorrow, most likely.

(Chp. 3's practically done and Chp. 4 is almost done. Slowly but surely ~)
Jade Magatama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 22:46   Link #2051
Spamamdorf

oh does it? Thats good, its just that I seem to remember the first chapter saying that new chaps would be released the first Friday of every month so I figured that it was sposed to show up (but it sounds now like it's the 2nd one, close enough)
Old 2012-01-15, 06:20   Link #2052
dsp2003

You think it's impossible to turn 16:9 image into normal 4:3? 30 minutes in Paint Shop Pro 7 proved the opposite. ^_^ Enjoy your new wallpaper.
Spoiler:
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:45   Link #2053
Spamamdorf

So thats the new Lemu is it? Looks pretty cool I have to say I wouldnt mind taking a vacation there XD
Old 2012-01-15, 17:23   Link #2054
gn_X00

Quote:
So thats the new Lemu is it? Looks pretty cool I have to say I wouldnt mind taking a vacation there XD
with the accident?
Old 2012-01-15, 18:58   Link #2055
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
with the accident?
Hey if that means I could meet the boss of bosses Takeshi and pretty much the hottest girl ever Tsugumi then sure I'd go for it :P

EDIT: Come to think of it heck I might just get immortality out of this deal if I went so there is literally no reason for me to say no XD, Lemu has an accident? Sign me up! XD
Old 2012-01-15, 19:28   Link #2056
gn_X00

Quote:
Hey if that means I could meet the boss of bosses Takeshi and pretty much the hottest girl ever Tsugumi then sure I'd go for it :P

EDIT: Come to think of it heck I might just get immortality out of this deal if I went so there is literally no reason for me to say no XD, Lemu has an accident? Sign me up! XD
Let us meet there in 5 years.
And make sure to wait in a place that isn't broken from the first breakdown
Old 2012-01-15, 21:47   Link #2057
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
Let us meet there in 5 years.
And make sure to wait in a place that isn't broken from the first breakdown
*brofist* It's a plan, we'll meet at the chicken sandwich shop next to the Lemurian ruins XD that place was safe just make sure not to be late or you might get caught on the first floor XD
Old 2012-01-16, 00:51   Link #2058
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Spoiler for End Game related discussion:

Last edited by Terminator98; 2012-01-16 at 02:59.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 01:36   Link #2059
gn_X00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Spoiler for END GAME:

I think we need a spoiler tag?
Spoiler for :

Quote:
*brofist* It's a plan, we'll meet at the chicken sandwich shop next to the Lemurian ruins XD that place was safe just make sure not to be late or you might get caught on the first floor XD
Spoiler for :

Last edited by gn_X00; 2012-01-16 at 01:55. Reason: add something
gn_X00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 07:37   Link #2060
Spamamdorf

Spoiler for Cure:

Tags
visual novel