AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-13, 10:04   Link #341
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Wait...
Spoiler for first arc:
We should move this conversation to one of the other threads, but just to answer:
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-13, 11:02   Link #342
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

You know, I just have to wonder if Touma could have saved a lot of effort if he had just charged Firestarter in the first place instead of falling off the balcony and whatnot. No means of protecting the runes can do you much good if Touma's negating your control at the source, right?
Old 2008-10-13, 11:51   Link #343
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

these arcs. From the way this is going I'm thinking maybe 5-6 EPS at least? Whats keeping me in this show is Rail-gun chan and no more. lol. /Yeah I've been badly spoiled already.

EP2. Loli teacher in a bunny suit w/ her room full of cigs. Now thats something new. Too bad I hope we see her 1 time actually smoking. Fireman was the lamest fire user I've seen in like ages. lol, just a single punch and he got like smashed. As for the main guy. I liked his style; he just talks too much. That double edge hand of his is really taking a toll right now not being able to help someone who he intended to help.
Old 2008-10-13, 11:55   Link #344
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Fireman was the lamest fire user I've seen in like ages. lol, just a single punch and he got like smashed.
Call him Firestarter, twisted Firestarter.
Funny how he acted all cool dodging that initial punch back at the beginning, but underwent major villain decay once his fiery beast was dispelled.
Old 2008-10-13, 12:01   Link #345
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Call him Firestarter, twisted Firestarter.
Funny how he acted all cool dodging that initial punch back at the beginning, but underwent major villain decay once his fiery beast was dispelled.
I don't get why they just didn't keep the way he was defeated in the novels.... The manga changed it as well.
Old 2008-10-13, 12:03   Link #346
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Spoiler for next arc:
Well, for one thing, I feel that the reason the novel isn't being translated isn't because of the quality of the story, but simply because it is hell to translate it. It's already tiring to read paragraphs after paragraphs of descriptions that half one doesn't feel is needed...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Spoiler for re:
Can't remember... But I think so...

Quote:
but the rest are pretty good
Just ignoring the few quirks of the author, like the contridictions+Super Excuse Time, the one-patterns, heroines turning to air, and the such.
Not the best series out there, but it's pretty good.

Quote:
I don't get why they just didn't keep the way he was defeated in the novels.... The manga changed it as well.
It'd make more sense too.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-13, 12:10   Link #347
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, for one thing, I feel that the reason the novel isn't being translated isn't because of the quality of the story, but simply because it is hell to translate it.
Yeah it's quite hard with all the different terms...
Also the "full version" of PSI-missing is quite good
Old 2008-10-13, 12:43   Link #348
justsomeguy

Quote:
Just ignoring the few quirks of the author, like the contridictions+Super Excuse Time, the one-patterns, heroines turning to air, and the such.
Not the best series out there, but it's pretty good.
Some call it "quirks." Others call it "plot devices," used when the author runs out of ideas or writes himself into a corner.
I have no idea what Volume 2 is about, but how JC Staff handles it is bound to be interesting. Adapt as is, succeed at fixing it up (least likely), or make it worse? Either way they're gonna get blamed.
Old 2008-10-13, 12:51   Link #349
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But lolitas do have an age limit. They are considered to be adolescent females.
That definition only applies to females in the three-dimensional world.

Speaking of translation of the novels, Baka-Tsuki would always welcome anyone who wants to do it, but only provided they're committed to, as someone puts it, translate paragraph after paragraph of seemingly useless details.

I'm tied down with doing Toradora, so you can count me out.
Old 2008-10-13, 13:29   Link #350
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Mr pyro in this episode sure loved to talk but i must admit his spell summoning was impressive but it seems like he didnt know any other spells maybe he just specialize only is fire spells i dunno. But man when that punch landed it landed hard as hell. That hand is curse and a gift any hand that can block temptures up to 2000 degress or kelvin i cant remember is damn useful. Good episode still love the opening song it rocks out pretty good.

Touma has the stamina of a god to be able to outrun those flame was feat. But also i must give it up to him he also used his head. He realized quickly (because the bad guy talked to much AGAIN) his beast couldnt move outside where the Runes were setup and that turning on the sprinklers would not only reduce the flames but make the ink run. Its always nice to see a hero that uses his head.

The premise of Toaru Majutsu no Index appeals to me. Because me and friends alway argue over who would win a person born with special abilities as in a evolved human and magic user. So this quite interesting and the fact that Toaru's hand can negate both makes it all the more interesting since its almost like gods hand.
Old 2008-10-13, 14:40   Link #351
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
He realized quickly (because the bad guy talked to much AGAIN) his beast couldnt move outside where the Runes were setup and that turning on the sprinklers would not only reduce the flames but make the ink run.
That bit isn't Firestarter's fault though. It was auto-Index who told Touma about the runes (and got a boot to the face for her talking too much), and he found out about the beast's restrictions just by it not following him once he got outside the building.

Quote:
He was defeated differently in the novel? How so?
Old 2008-10-13, 14:55   Link #352
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

18 pages, is this gonna get it's own forum?
Old 2008-10-13, 15:05   Link #353
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Rosario to Vampire Capu2 has 38 pages but still no forums of itself..
Old 2008-10-13, 15:24   Link #354
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Some call it "quirks." Others call it "plot devices," used when the author runs out of ideas or writes himself into a corner.
I have no idea what Volume 2 is about, but how JC Staff handles it is bound to be interesting. Adapt as is, succeed at fixing it up (least likely), or make it worse? Either way they're gonna get blamed.
I was trying to be nice...
But yeah, the author's story writing skills need improvements.

I'm sure Volume 2 will be fine (as fine as that volume gets) as long as JC Staff lets the characters explain everything they have too... *star* Super Explanation Time *star*

Quote:
He was defeated differently in the novel? How so?
Unless my memories are mistaken
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
No. Pages/Posts does not determine sub-forums, activity does. And this doesn't have enough activity to get one. Either way, I don't see the reason why a whole separate forum is needed for this.

Old 2008-10-13, 16:05   Link #355
golthin

I am beginning to like the male lead for this anime. I am not a lolicon, but for that loli teacher i would make an exeption.
Old 2008-10-13, 17:12   Link #356
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Reminder....

Spoiler Policy

Quote:
For example, in an anime thread (e.g. threads in the Fansubbed forum), information from the manga, novels, or games would be considered a spoiler.
Anything that discloses an event, character, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is considered a spoiler. Therefore any discussion concerning the novel that hasn't been revealed in the anime is a spoiler and therefore not allowed in this thread, not even under spoiler tags.

Please read the Spoiler Policy and make sure you do not post spoilers in this thread.

If you wish to discuss the manga or novels then please post in the To Aru Majutsu no Index manga thread or the Toaru Majutsu no Index [Light Novel] thread

Last edited by xris; 2008-10-13 at 17:53.
Old 2008-10-13, 19:20   Link #357
SkoolRumble4Ya

The main character power reminds me of that Stephen Chow movie call "the fist of fury". Stephen have all the strength in his right hand. That Loli teacher would've of thought she was smoking and drinking
Old 2008-10-13, 21:56   Link #358
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Unless my memories are mistaken
Spoiler:
That punch was very satisfying. I like it better.
Old 2008-10-13, 22:59   Link #359
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
This is The Anime of the season. Hopefully it gets a two season runtime, can't seem to find how long it will run.
Here is some news i got from Chinese forum:

http://www.lightnovel.cn/bbs/attachm...4gs3aHMBbp.jpg

It is a news for OST, Character Song and drama disc
オリジナルサウンドトラック(OST)Vol.1
¥3,150 2009/1/23
キャラクターソング&ドラマ CD①(character song and dramaCD①)
¥2,940 2009/2/25
キャラクターソング&ドラマ CD②(character song and dramaCD②)
¥2,940 2009/3/25

Besides, I found it appears that they are selling 8 volumes of blu-ray cd, which means it is very possible to have 2 seasons for this anime.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/search?ie...&creative=1211

Err, wait... anyone knows 1 volume in blu-ray have how many episodes?I remember there is only 3 episodes in Shana's DVD...
Old 2008-10-13, 23:00   Link #360
Midonin
Last Engage

Yes! Character songs!

It's something I look forward to, regardless of show. Good news to know.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen