AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-08, 22:08   Link #8461
Sandinwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
What's lord of the rings? Is that another book?
Yeah its a book about hobbit's or something.
Old 2011-03-08, 22:10   Link #8462
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
Yeah its a book about hobbit's or something.
Just joking. Saw the movie. I started thinking it was fake the way he talked and the fct he survived in the water. But hey not soo far from what could be.
Old 2011-03-08, 22:10   Link #8463
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Oh for the love of- please tell me you guys are just kidding? That entire quote is from the [Lord of the Rings] -_-

You know, Gandalf vs that thingy?
Godness, someone said it at last.

Srsly, I was about to cry it out.
Old 2011-03-08, 22:12   Link #8464
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Toumas a Balrog
Old 2011-03-08, 22:14   Link #8465
Sandinwater

Quote:
Just joking. Saw the movie. I started thinking it was fake the way he talked and the fct he survived in the water. But hey not soo far from what could be.
Theres a movie?
Old 2011-03-08, 22:16   Link #8466
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
Theres a movie?
What country are u guys from? Yes there was a trilogy based on he books. It's really good. So good I didn't return the rental
Old 2011-03-08, 22:19   Link #8467
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I know that there was a switch up between the Angels themselves, and I also know that 'Misha' was a name that is more similiar to 'Michael' for obvious reasons. However another way I interpret it is that it's Gabriel using Michael's name... Then again, I guess the other way hows true and that it could be Michael in Gabriel's body, using Gabriel's powers.

But as I've recalled, I thought it was the mixed up in Elements that allow Fiamma to control Gabriel, who now holds the postion of the Right, and the Element of Fire?
I guess I have to explain the whole thing again.
Misha is Gabriel in Michael's identity.
Misha is a shortened spelling of Michael in Russian.
Misha is not Michael, she is still Gabriel due to the portion of the Bible she can reenact, and most importantly, if Misha is Michael, Aqua wouldn't be able to drain her Telesma.

When Gabriel's element got mixed with fire, her roles switched with Michael. This put her in a impure state, which allowed Fiamma to summon her when he naturally can't.
Old 2011-03-08, 22:22   Link #8468
Sandinwater

Lightbulb

Quote:
What country are u guys from? Yes there was a trilogy based on he books. It's really good. So good I didn't return the rental
Lol news to me.
Old 2011-03-08, 22:44   Link #8469
Karna
just some guy

Anyone have a higher res picture of Kamen Rider Shiage?
Old 2011-03-08, 22:47   Link #8470
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

so if touma became a uber haxx being...... will there be no more "Fu kou Da"TM catch phrase ??
Old 2011-03-08, 23:08   Link #8471
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Lol, never read lord of the rings.....
Neither did I but it was kinda obvious from the way it was written...

...And Gabriel wouldn't have a smottering ruin for a corpse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The new characters, revealed names and technologies:

What I understood is that Dragon Rider is the MB, Five Over is the suite name and Gatling Railgun is the attack... needs more info.
...That just brings up more questions than answer, the [Dragon Rider] term just came out of nowhere. The Power Suit we had seen the image already so we know it exist, as for having name like [Five Over] and [Gatling Railgun] (quite literally, a gatling cannon for firing Railguns probably), would it be too far to speculate that the new Power Armor combines all the level 5's esper technology? Damn, I wanted to use that idea for [Cyber=Kakine]... Nah, probably not...

Also, the new freshman, I guess this remove all possibility of her(?) being the Number 6. But it still doesn't reveal her power or her purpose.
Old 2011-03-08, 23:24   Link #8472
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
so if touma became a uber haxx being...... will there be no more "Fu kou Da"TM catch phrase ??
No, he would be saying, "Ore wa Fukou."
or
"Fukou is MAH POWAH!!"

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-03-08, 23:25   Link #8473
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I am taking with a grain of salt that last part about Touma.
Old 2011-03-08, 23:54   Link #8474
TouMAN

Hold your damn horses

what the hell is this talking about Touma not beeing the protagonist anymore ?

just because he is a bit more badass ? That doesn´t just make him a side charakter !

I really hope this is a bad joke

Goodwill Shall Be Trusted For Now
Old 2011-03-08, 23:57   Link #8475
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Bardway

Also, wait wait wait wait. Since when was it discovered misha was actually micheal and not gabriel?

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...hangel_Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I guess I have to explain the whole thing again.
Misha is Gabriel in Michael's identity.
Misha is a shortened spelling of Michael in Russian.
Misha is not Michael, she is still Gabriel due to the portion of the Bible she can reenact, and most importantly, if Misha is Michael, Aqua wouldn't be able to drain her Telesma.

When Gabriel's element got mixed with fire, her roles switched with Michael. This put her in a impure state, which allowed Fiamma to summon her when he naturally can't.
Actually, from Vol20, Misha IS Michael, but switched with Gabriel to the point that Michael has Gabriel's powers. See the novel itself if you can get your hands on it, Vol20 Ch2 Pt8 is the precise section where Fiamma tells Touma about it.

Acqua can drain Misha's powers, yes, since it's Gabriel's 'body' and Telesma that descended... but the consciousness behind all that is Michael.

Oh, and from NT, apparantly Bardway kicked Touma between the legs, and told him "Don't worry about telling them all the other things, I'll deal with that. Just think about what are you going to say to those girls you left behind"... I'm not 100% sure about this part though
Old 2011-03-09, 00:08   Link #8476
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Oh, and from NT, apparantly Bardway kicked Touma between the legs, and told him "Don't worry about telling them all the other things, I'll deal with that. Just think about what are you going to say to those girls you left behind"... I'm not 100% sure about this part though
I recall a fragment of that was brought up earlier... But it sounds almost too 'hnghhh!' to be true... I'll believe after I see the whole picture
Old 2011-03-09, 00:09   Link #8477
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I have vol.20, 21 and 22 in my hand to check on this. Yes. Only the identity has been switched. And it is Gabriel's mind that is the body.

The explanation is on pg.169-170 of vol.20, but not a single word from Fiamma stated it is Michael's consciousness inside Misha. He only stated their roles has been swap. It is the body of Telesma that has been swapped the element, not the inside.

If not, when the element was finally returned to normal by vol.22, Gabriel won't be flying to Arctic Ocean to absorb ocean to reconstruct herself. If it is really Michael in that vessel, the angel will be flying to an volcano to absorb fire to reconstruct a proper body.
Old 2011-03-09, 00:33   Link #8478
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I have vol.20, 21 and 22 in my hand to check on this. Yes. Only the identity has been switched. And it is Gabriel's mind that is the body.

The explanation is on pg.169-170 of vol.20, but not a single word from Fiamma stated it is Michael's consciousness inside Misha. He only stated their roles has been swap. It is the body of Telesma that has been swapped the element, not the inside.

If not, when the element was finally returned to normal by vol.22, Gabriel won't be flying to Arctic Ocean to absorb ocean to reconstruct herself. If it is really Michael in that vessel, the angel will be flying to an volcano to absorb fire to reconstruct a proper body.
Fiamma stated there:
P1) The angel that descended during Angel Fall, the 'Power of God', called itself Misha.
P2) However, Misha is not one of Gabriel's names. Misha is one of Michael's names.
P3) Angel's names cannot be swapped, since the name describes their Role as God has ordered.

Therefore, Fiamma came to the conclusion during Angel Fall the angel with the 'Power of God' and controls over Water was the one that fell, but the consciousness behind it is Michael.

EDIT: At the end of Vol22 Gabriel retook control of its body, since what caused the switch was completely erased by Fiamma's ritual with the Golden Sky. That's why it took the North Pole's ice.

Besides, even if it's Michael still there, it's still GABRIEL's body and abilities... so it'd still go for the ice >.>
Old 2011-03-09, 00:45   Link #8479
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Nonono, on Fiamma only concluded that Gabriel swayed away from her original position enough for him to summon. Again, he never once stated their consciousness actually swap. If he did, please find me the exact line. The conclusion Fiamma drew on pg.346 only stated the element become "ambiguous" enough for his summoning to work, and again said nothing about their consciousness got swapped.

Also, for Gabriel retake control of the body on vol.22 would required another summoning of angel to pull her mind down from the Heaven. Project Bethlehem's effect to correct the elemental symbol of the four elements and cumulative the supernatural power to refine Holy Right. It doesn't miraculously serve as another summoning of angel at the same time.
If it is Michael really controlling that vessel, it could have exploded immediately as soon as the body's element returned to normal, as Micheal would be in a body that he cant control and earth go bye bye.
Old 2011-03-09, 00:56   Link #8480
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
Hold your damn horses

what the hell is this talking about Touma not beeing the protagonist anymore ?

just because he is a bit more badass ? That doesn´t just make him a side charakter !

I really hope this is a bad joke
well he probably will not have an active role until the other characters get to his lvl, i mean look how accel had to be nerfec to take a more active role in the novel, but the question is how much touma is gonna be in the bench.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen