Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-17, 14:14   Link #22941
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Gay parades banned in Moscow for 100 years

Banning it won't stop it. People will still go on pride parades no matter what obstacles they face.
Call in Alfa and Vympel then.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-08-17, 14:35   Link #22942
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Call in Alfa and Vympel then.
You don't use special force for anti-riot action, no... unless you expect them to use lethal ammo and chemical gas

and I hope than you aren't meaning that .
Old 2012-08-17, 14:40   Link #22943
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I hope there is an appeal system... that ruling was just ludicrous even for present-day Moscow. Hooliganism = playing music in the wrong place. o.O
Old 2012-08-17, 14:43   Link #22944
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You don't use special force for anti-riot action, no... unless you expect them to use lethal ammo and chemical gas

and I hope than you aren't meaning that .
Exile/extradite the whole lot of them to Mars or something (pun intended).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-08-17, 14:48   Link #22945
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I hope there is an appeal system... that ruling was just ludicrous even for present-day Moscow. Hooliganism = playing music in the wrong place. o.O
Let us hope so since this is the Russia court system we're talking about.
Old 2012-08-17, 15:22   Link #22946
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

There is, but why would the appeal go any better?
Old 2012-08-17, 15:55   Link #22947
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There is, but why would the appeal go any better?
I figure Putin to step in and do the "macho chivalrous" thing at the end... he loves that stuff, especially when he can look good releasing women who were protesting about him.

But also... it will depend on what kind of judge handles the appeal. This judge's ruling pretty well outed him as an altar boy of the Church if you read his remarks. The incident warranted a fine for disturbing the peace, at most.
Old 2012-08-17, 16:10   Link #22948
konart

Quote:
Meanwhile in Russia....

Pussy Riot members jailed for two years for hooliganism

Why am i not surprise?

Gay parades banned in Moscow for 100 years

Banning it won't stop it. People will still go on pride parades no matter what obstacles they face.
Yeah, the sentense was a bit too much for this.

As for the gay parades - yeah, unfortunately you can't stop it. Good thing we have ОМОН for this(ironicaly reads as HOMO from right to left)
Old 2012-08-17, 19:11   Link #22949
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Yeah, the sentense was a bit too much for this.

As for the gay parades - yeah, unfortunately you can't stop it. Good thing we have ОМОН for this(ironicaly reads as HOMO from right to left)
What the hell? Are you claiming that it's a BAD thing that gay people want their countryman to recognize them? Seriously?

I know I'm not the most understanding person in the world but even I can see how this is a major step back in human rights.
Old 2012-08-17, 21:24   Link #22950
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
No wonder the male troopers beat their victims so hard - must been their version of Folsom Street Fair.

Old 2012-08-17, 22:12   Link #22951
killer3000ad

South African miners protest violence leaves 30 dead
There's a video of the moment when South African cops opened up on the miners and mowed down a bunch of them. Some say the miners, armed with machetes and spears were charging the cops, others say that the miners were running from tear gas fired by the cops and moved in the direction of a line of police. Keep in mind, 2 cops were hacked to death several days earlier so I can imagine the cops were jumpy.
Old 2012-08-17, 23:22   Link #22952
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
South African miners protest violence leaves 30 dead
There's a video of the moment when South African cops opened up on the miners and mowed down a bunch of them. Some say the miners, armed with machetes and spears were charging the cops, others say that the miners were running from tear gas fired by the cops and moved in the direction of a line of police. Keep in mind, 2 cops were hacked to death several days earlier so I can imagine the cops were jumpy.
yeah, once you read past the sensational headlines - it is just a messy business with no real "right/wrong".
Old 2012-08-18, 00:25   Link #22953
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I figure Putin to step in and do the "macho chivalrous" thing at the end... he loves that stuff, especially when he can look good releasing women who were protesting about him.

Well, the man DOES look like he could stare down a grizzly bear to death, not to mention probably has metric tons of blood on his hands from KGB days.

That's one world leader I would NOT mess with.
Old 2012-08-18, 00:26   Link #22954
killer3000ad

Al-Jazeera report on the South African mine incident, thankfully with none of the graphic bits. At 00.20 secs, one of the miners appears to fire a weapon at the police.
Old 2012-08-18, 01:19   Link #22955
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Al-Jazeera report on the South African mine incident, thankfully with none of the graphic bits. At 00.20 secs, one of the miners appears to fire a weapon at the police.
With that many desperate people... it only takes a few more marginal nitwits to spark a firestorm...
Old 2012-08-18, 02:30   Link #22956
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

From what I see, the shots fired on 00.22 was a return fire to the police firing shotgun shots at 00.18.

Of course, there may have been initial shots fired prior to that piece of video from either side.
Old 2012-08-18, 03:00   Link #22957
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
What the hell? Are you claiming that it's a BAD thing that gay people want their countryman to recognize them? Seriously?

I know I'm not the most understanding person in the world but even I can see how this is a major step back in human rights.
I'm saying that they can fuck each other, love each other etc. - nobody can or even trying to stop them. Making a scene because of this is BAD.

Recognise what? A mental disease*? An awful mistake of nature?

Step back in human rights? Where? As I already said - nobody is trying to make them be straight or something.

Not to mention that many people find the very fact of homosexual relations disgusting.

*Homosexuality was officially removed from the Russian list of mental illnesses in 1999 (after endorsing ICD-10).

Last edited by konart; 2012-08-18 at 03:19.
Old 2012-08-18, 03:05   Link #22958
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I'm saying that they can fuck each other, love each other etc. - nobody can or even trying to stop them. Making a scene because of this is BAD.

Recognise what? A mental disease? An awful mistake of nature?

Step back in human rights? Where? As I already said - nobody is trying to make them be straight or something.

Not to mention that many people find the very fact of homosexual relations disgusting.
Homosexual acts ARE socially wrong and ethically unacceptable from the social point of view, however these people are still human beings, therefore they have something called personal rights - to love whoever they want without restriction or risk to their lives. I can tolerate that; just keep those intimate acts private and stop corrupting the minds of the children.

Old 2012-08-18, 03:15   Link #22959
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Homosexual acts ARE socially wrong and ethically unacceptable from the social point of view, however these people are still human beings, therefore they have something called personal rights - to love whoever they want without restriction or risk to their lives. I can tolerate that; just keep those intimate acts private and stop corrupting the minds of the children.
^this.
And same-sex sexual activity is legal in Russia since 1993.
Old 2012-08-18, 04:49   Link #22960
Zakoo

They aren't doing gay parade for the fun, they do it to show people they exist and as such laws should evolve to make them enter in our society.

for example mariage here is considered as the vow between a man and a woman, it's the law, as such homosexual can't marry. Morality and ethnicity evolves by far faster than laws, if they simply wait nobody's going to give them a single care.

And to say ti's socially wrong is quite arguable, just watch the evolution of homoseuxality between 60' and today, it passed from "an illness/deviance" to "is tolerable".

I personally don't see in what way trying to have the same rights as the others is BAD. But the only valable reason I can see is you disgusting them?
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international