AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-03-06, 11:58   Link #9781
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Social housing for vampires.
Obviously.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 13:08   Link #9782
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And come to think of it, THE CEREMONY IS HELD IN DISNEYLAND. A place where young children go to! Think about the wrong ideas they would have and the immense cost of setting things right and teaching them the right things! Japan cannot afford that with their lackluster economy!
If it's Disneyland then I'm sure the kids have other things on their minds than a wedding =_=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Hmmm..... I forgot the last time I wore one.
Can't be as long as the last time you wore a dress... >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Social housing for vampires.
Obviously.
What kind of vampires? If they sparkle, then they should be deported instead...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 17:20   Link #9783
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Kia concept car 'Provo' reminds some of IRA terror
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-05-16-50-38
Old 2013-03-08, 10:17   Link #9784
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Brazilian Sex Doll's Virginity: Bids For Valentina's Flower Surpass $105,000

Quote:
Would you spend more than $100,000 on a one night stand? Did we mention it's with a sex doll?

Well, apparently there are quite a few people in the world who would.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ref=weird-news

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 10:20   Link #9785
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know what you can also get with that $100000 ? >_>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 10:25   Link #9786
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know what you can also get with that $100000 ? >_>
A sex change.

Although that still wouldn't be enough for a loli operation.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:08   Link #9787
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Smog + Upcoming Yellow sand. Remind me never to vacation in the early months of the year.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/0...-chokes-japan/
Old 2013-03-08, 11:13   Link #9788
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Smog + Upcoming Yellow sand. Remind me never to vacation in the early months of the year.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/0...-chokes-japan/
Reminds me of one of the farmers in Indonesia being interviewed about the slash-and-burn haze affecting Singapore and Malaysia in the 1990s :

"Really? It is impossible, the smoke will just go up into the sky and disappear."

Same reply from the Chinese government in 3......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:19   Link #9789
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Reminds me of one of the farmers in Indonesia being interviewed about the slash-and-burn haze affecting Singapore and Malaysia in the 1990s :

"Really? It is impossible, the smoke will just go up into the sky and disappear."

Same reply from the Chinese government in 3......
In the beginning they said FOG, WHAT FOG? Now their wondering if they should move the capital imo.
Old 2013-03-08, 22:45   Link #9790
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

NSFs escape serious injury during grenade throwing exercise gone wrong

How did he manage to get the safety lever out of his hand? When pulling the pin, the lever should be between the thumb and the first finger, and the instruction is to "tug gently, twist, then tug gently again until the pin is out", not "jerk the pin out".

And secondly, aren't they briefed that the grenade and both hands should always be over the throwing bay, and if in doubt, drop, not throw, the grenade and get down behind the bay?

Either way, for the officer, it is a stupid move, but for a panicking recruit like that, not much he can do.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-08, 22:59   Link #9791
Skane
Anime Snark

Without knowing further details, it could have been many things. Maybe in his panic, he brought the grenade back into the bay. Maybe he sneezed and pulled the pin wrongly. Maybe... well, you get the point.

What's important for now is that both only suffered minor injuries.
Old 2013-03-09, 00:22   Link #9792
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Pole taken to hospital with screwdriver in head
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-08-09-26-53
Old 2013-03-09, 00:32   Link #9793
JokerD

Quote:

How did he manage to get the safety lever out of his hand? When pulling the pin, the lever should be between the thumb and the first finger, and the instruction is to "tug gently, twist, then tug gently again until the pin is out", not "jerk the pin out".

And secondly, aren't they briefed that the grenade and both hands should always be over the throwing bay, and if in doubt, drop, not throw, the grenade and get down behind the bay?

Either way, for the officer, it is a stupid move, but for a panicking recruit like that, not much he can do.
I suspect both of them froze for several seconds, given that the grenade exploded in mid air after throwing, if they dropped and climbed out of the bay I think it would have gotten both of them.

My story with explosives is that I once dropped a live M203 round while taking it out. Dropped onto the concrete floor then me and the sgt on duty looked at each other wondering what to do In the end safety office came over, inspected for dents and told me to fire it off.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 02:03   Link #9794
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Without knowing further details, it could have been many things. Maybe in his panic, he brought the grenade back into the bay. Maybe he sneezed and pulled the pin wrongly. Maybe... well, you get the point.

What's important for now is that both only suffered minor injuries.
That is the good thing. Though I don't know what will happen to the recruit - I remember the protocol is that the poor kid will be charged for negligence with a dangerous weapon despite his moment of panic.

Still, it is better than being blown to pieces and having that mixed with your officer's remains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
I suspect both of them froze for several seconds, given that the grenade exploded in mid air after throwing, if they dropped and climbed out of the bay I think it would have gotten both of them.

My story with explosives is that I once dropped a live M203 round while taking it out. Dropped onto the concrete floor then me and the sgt on duty looked at each other wondering what to do In the end safety office came over, inspected for dents and told me to fire it off.
When the pin is released, the grenade will be armed for 5 seconds before sending 300 ball bearings in all directions. If the grenade is dropped outside the bay, the officer will throw the recruit to the ground and drop on top of his body. If it is inside the bay, the officer will throw the recruit out of it then jump on top of him.

A HEDP round is different; it is only armed when 2 things occur : it is fired from the cartridge, and the imploder pin inside triggers the second detonation sequence; that is why it has a blind range of 10m-20m (it won't explode if it is fired within that range, but it is said to be as painful as a bottle being fired from a leafblower).

I had a even funnier experience with the M203 rounds - we repeatedly dragged entire belts of 30 from the ammo stash to the range to fire the automatic grenade launchers, because it is so heavy we simply chuck the entire belt at the weapon when we reached it. Later everyone involved in "throwing the belts" signed extras for careless handling of ammunition and we were told that each belt had 5 times more firepower than a single LAW rocket.

With that much explosive, that would make a pretty big hole at the range; and the process is a pretty macabre way to dig our own mass grave.

Old 2013-03-09, 03:26   Link #9795
JokerD

Quote:
-snip-
the officer will throw the recruit to the ground and drop on top of his body. If it is inside the bay, the officer will throw the recruit out of it then jump on top of him.
-snip-
Insert yaoi joke here..
Old 2013-03-09, 03:31   Link #9796
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Insert yaoi joke here..
Yes, that is why the standard instruction always go, "Drop the grenade, and the last thing you get before you die is a buttrape."

Old 2013-03-09, 10:16   Link #9797
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Because plenty of people's hands turn to jelly on contacting pocket artillery.

Need to drill into them that the pin doesn't matter....as long as you hold the lever down you can hold the grenade forever. I remember for mine I had to relax my grip on the lever lest my hand became numb...

Quote:
charged for negligence with a dangerous weapon despite his moment of panic.
SOL better than pieces

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2013-03-09 at 10:31.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 10:41   Link #9798
JokerD

Actually, according to stories by my sgts, recruits can't be charged, only sign extras.
All sgts from my reservist unit were BMTC instructors.
Old 2013-03-09, 10:49   Link #9799
YF19EX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIdOZsEubYc

Reminds me of this scene in "In The Army Now" (Starts at .37)
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 11:22   Link #9800
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Actually, according to stories by my sgts, recruits can't be charged, only sign extras.
All sgts from my reservist unit were BMTC instructors.
Many recruits charged before in my time and still now. SOL usually. And for idiotic practises in live range like pointing loaded weapons at humans

Tags
humor