Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 05:37   Link #3141
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am quite surprised that you have yet to make it to the sex offender registry owning that kind of stuff.

Ever tried Amiami instead?
AmiAmi is asking 5980yen for the above, which is lower than the others.
But the problem is they also don't carry half the stuff I wanted.
The pricing of their plastic models were slightly below Amazon, but not enough to offset the free shipping charges.

Not to mention the miniature props I ordered (sengoku samurai flags, miniature byoubu-dividers, doll house sushi, and a full set of Oda Nobunaga armor props) aren't available in these "figures only" stores like HLJ and AmiAmi.

BTW, I didn't order that PVC link I posted, no need to worry about loli-hating customs.
Got the plastic figures to make a "cute battlezone diorama" in the figure case.

Next order I should get those "cute roach loli" plastic models so they can be gunned down and hunted by army of Hoi-hoi san.
Old 2013-03-17, 05:40   Link #3142
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
AmiAmi is asking 5980yen for the above, which is lower than the others.
But the problem is they also don't carry half the stuff I wanted.
The pricing of their plastic models were slightly below Amazon, but not enough to offset the free shipping charges.

Not to mention the miniature props I ordered (sengoku samurai flags, miniature byoubu-dividers, doll house sushi, and a full set of Oda Nobunaga armor props) aren't available in these "figures only" stores like HLJ and AmiAmi.
Have you tried looking through ebay?

Maybe I should open a "locker deposit box" for people to purchase their stuff and put in so they can pick them up during their next trip to Japan.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 05:44   Link #3143
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

LOL ebay is the WORST of the lot.
Most of the asking price is like 80~120% extra price.
Old 2013-03-23, 13:14   Link #3144
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Japan: The worst developed country for mothers?

Quote:
Japanese women are more likely to have a university degree than men, and the number of women in employment has been rising steadily for 10 years - but, for a range of reasons, a woman who has had children still has a hard time getting a good job.

Nobuko Ito is the very model of a modern professional Japanese woman.

She is a qualified lawyer and she speaks fluent English. She has years of experience working in international contract law.

But Nobuko no longer works in a big international law firm. In fact she hardly does any lawyering at all these days.

Instead she has three children. In Japan it is still one or the other. Doing both is extremely difficult.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21880124

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 14:15   Link #3145
LeoXiao
思想工作

Good for her. Having kids > working in some shitty office.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 14:37   Link #3146
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Good for her. Having kids > working in some shitty office.
Disagree. Vehemently. Population + 1 isn't necessarily a good thing.. Then again, I'm not a big proponent of people just having kids willy-nilly.. Life is about choices, preferably informed ones. If that's what she wanted out of life then good for her! If not, she should consider alternate avenues, like working for an international firm overseas and seeing about living cost stipends/hiring housekeepers.

That said, for a country that is concerned about it's declining population, in particular there are certain people you want to be having kids (educated, professionals) and other people you don't want to be having kids .. you think they'd put in more policies to encourage the former..
Old 2013-03-23, 14:39   Link #3147
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
That's quite different from country like Singapore where the parent put the kid in the nursery in the morning and go to work. Minimal family life but no need to worry about income. To support a housewife and three children is not an easy task for the working husband.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 14:48   Link #3148
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Disagree. Vehemently. Population + 1 isn't necessarily a good thing.. Then again, I'm not a big proponent of people just having kids willy-nilly.. Life is about choices, preferably informed ones. If that's what she wanted out of life then good for her! If not, she should consider alternate avenues, like working for an international firm overseas and seeing about living cost stipends/hiring housekeepers.

That said, for a country that is concerned about it's declining population, in particular there are certain people you want to be having kids (educated, professionals) and other people you don't want to be having kids .. you think they'd put in more policies to encourage the former..
So you disagree and then end up agreeing?

I think I...like this.

EDIT: Oh I see. When I said "kids>work", what I meant was for her particular situation. Of course there are cases where the opposite is true.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-03-23 at 15:03.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 16:00   Link #3149
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
So you disagree and then end up agreeing?

I think I...like this.
Victory! I like it too.
Old 2013-03-23, 19:17   Link #3150
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I still believe Japan has to change the entire system with policies in order to allow mothers to find a way to put their knowledge and occupational skills into use. Full credit to this mother for understanding the need to think of future generations; still, the system has to change if Japan hopes to have a younger generation big enough in numbers to take over the older ones.

I always believe that putting in place a nursery system in which daily monetary contribution depends of the family's income is the way to go (you earn more, you pay more; you earn below a precise total family income, nursery is free). That's a major part in helping to raise birth rates (especially in a country in need of raising the numbers) at the same time it holds a healthy mindset about conciliating work and family tasks. Unfortunately, it looks like very few countries understand the good sides of such concept.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 19:51   Link #3151
Sumeragi
Banned

And where will the money come from? Exactly the problem: People take policies for granted.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 20:12   Link #3152
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
And where will the money come from? Exactly the problem: People take policies for granted.
Abe-nomics? Some people do, but some others don't .. what I do take for granted is bureaucratic red tape regarding cutting unnecessary programs to get such funds!
Old 2013-03-23, 21:04   Link #3153
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Cutting some unnecessary programs with zero usefulness for the population would be a way to begin with. Also, finding a way to lash harsh monetary penalties against private companies that are not helping their female workers to have support in conciliating job and family tasks (it could be as simple of a first step as to have a nursery in the workplace, especially when the company is big enough to have one) would be another trail to follow.

Some countries in Europe faced the birth rate crisis before and found ways to reverse the situation with just a touch of common sense. Anyway, right now, I'm all for a large number of citizens flooding their local representative's mailbox and e-mail account while writing on the subject.
Old 2013-03-23, 21:06   Link #3154
Sumeragi
Banned

Japan isn't Quebec, so I have no idea how your idea will work out.
Old 2013-03-23, 21:16   Link #3155
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The problem is that there aren't any incentives for companies to encourage their female staff to breed with their husbands, and in a society which is highly patriachial and chauvanist, it is even more difficult to find incentives.

I would like to marry a Japanese loli, but I wouldn't want to live in Japan and have children with her. Or in any other part of Asia (SK, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, etc) for that matter; it is too much of a rat race there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
You mean like the parents of this girl?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I think it is more of an issue of nurture vs nature, stupid/less-educated parents doesn't mean that their kids will end up like them. It is more of the habits they emulate; by locking the kids in school for long periods with school counsellors at the ready, it would probably be less of an issue if the kids become not as imprudent and impudent as their parents.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 22:15   Link #3156
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Japan isn't Quebec, so I have no idea how your idea will work out.
In fact, even Quebec doesn't have that and I keep asking why. However, Scandinavians do.
Old 2013-03-23, 22:27   Link #3157
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
In fact, even Quebec doesn't have that and I keep asking why. However, Scandinavians do.
Well, given all those brats rioting last year, I can see why Quebec doesn't have it.
Old 2013-03-23, 22:33   Link #3158
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Well, given all those brats rioting last year, I can see why Quebec doesn't have it.
Those c**** should have been dealt with by use of force, no holds barred. Such brats should be sent into mandatory civil/military service in order to learn about life as a public servant... OR being dropped off parachutes into North Korea if they love so much that communism crap. That would be a perfect penalty for their lack of common sense.
Old 2013-03-25, 02:48   Link #3159
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I can't remember last time we had a riot, I think it was towards the end of the Red commie movements in the 70s when I was but a wee infant.

We Japs simply ain't got the spine or energy to riot.
Old 2013-03-25, 03:10   Link #3160
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I can't remember last time we had a riot, I think it was towards the end of the Red commie movements in the 70s when I was but a wee infant.

We Japs simply ain't got the spine or energy to riot.
Nope, but flooding your representative's mailbox and make plenty of phone calls on TV/radio shows to turn public opinion may be a good way to start. And from what I can tell, TV/radio shows with hotlines are always a good place to lash a few (politically correct) statements denouncing particular politicians who are doing a very poor job at bringing new ideas adapted to the reality of a changing world.

Tags
culture, discussion, japan, japanese culture