Duero
Otaku

Talking looking ^^

im looking after a anime that is like or similar to Utawarerumono
Old 2006-12-05, 11:01   Link #2
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
In what way, exactly? Could you be a bit more specific?

Utawarerumono is unique in the sense of the whole army vs army aspect of it, so I'm not sure I know any series which are similar. Maybe Romance of the Three Kingdoms anime?

If we're talking about the archetypes and relationships, there are quite a few anime like it.
Old 2006-12-05, 12:25   Link #3
Duero
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
In what way, exactly? Could you be a bit more specific?

Utawarerumono is unique in the sense of the whole army vs army aspect of it, so I'm not sure I know any series which are similar. Maybe Romance of the Three Kingdoms anime?

If we're talking about the archetypes and relationships, there are quite a few anime like it.
yeah I look after animes like that amry vs amry and some anime that is archetypes and relationships. ^^
Old 2006-12-05, 13:35   Link #4
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

The Twelve Kingdoms, possibly the best fantasy anime ever made. Just be aware that it's unfinished, but the main story arcs have closure at episode 39, so you won't be left hanging on that point
Old 2006-12-06, 22:32   Link #5
Duero
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
The Twelve Kingdoms, possibly the best fantasy anime ever made. Just be aware that it's unfinished, but the main story arcs have closure at episode 39, so you won't be left hanging on that point
I watshed like 5 ep of The Twelve Kingdoms but I must say I did not like the main chara I hate cry baby girls and it wash just wird

So there is few animes that are similar to Utiwaremono ?? like army vs or army and that good love story with cute furry gils or a evil/good thingy hmmm

and I must say that Utiwaremonos sad good love/action/fantasy storry maide me cry and that Is only 2 animes that have made me do that and it is Utiwaremono and kimi ga numuzu eine
Old 2006-12-06, 22:44   Link #6
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duero View Post
I watshed like 5 ep of The Twelve Kingdoms but I must say I did not like the main chara I hate cry baby girls and it wash just wird
One of the greatest things about that anime is how she completely transforms from a weak little girl to something of a mature leader. Just stick with it for a few more episodes and you'll see her change.
Old 2006-12-06, 23:33   Link #7
Duero
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
One of the greatest things about that anime is how she completely transforms from a weak little girl to something of a mature leader. Just stick with it for a few more episodes and you'll see her change.

hmmm itīs kind of hard I just hade girls that are like that and specialy girls who are crying stupid and makes like a male chara to stop doing som cool thing becus itīs bad
Old 2006-12-06, 23:46   Link #8
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duero View Post
hmmm itīs kind of hard I just hade girls that are like that and specialy girls who are crying stupid and makes like a male chara to stop doing som cool thing becus itīs bad
Well you will miss out. Utawarerumono is like a steamy pile of **** when measured against the greatness that is Juuni Kokuki.
Old 2006-12-06, 23:52   Link #9
Duero
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Well you will miss out. Utawarerumono is like a steamy pile of **** when measured against the greatness that is Juuni Kokuki.
maybe but i like the style in Utiware and the musik to and Utiware seams more new than Juuni and I litle like anime that are more fresher but hey I love robotech and thats old style.

May I ask do you recommend tsubasa chronicle if you have seen it every one talks about it but I duno
Old 2006-12-07, 04:43   Link #10
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Meh, well it's your loss. I hated it to start with as well, but after episode 7 where she meets Rakushun it starts to turn around completely and I was hooked. I marathoned the entire series in one sitting after that and then watched the second half again simply because it was that awesome. Youko is officially one of my all time favourite female characters now, and I hate the whiney crybaby type as well, so take that as an indication of how greatly she changes.

edit: Tsubasa Chronicle is ok, but personally I found it hard going after the first season. I got about 3 eps into season 2 and dropped it. You should check it out as it is fun to watch, and the music is by the ever-awesome Kajiura Yuki, but if you get bored after the first season, you probably won't want to bother with the second one, since it's essentially more of the same.
Old 2006-12-07, 13:15   Link #11
Jimbasushi

Send a message via AIM to Jimbasushi
Duero:

I have to push once again for Junni Kokki with the other people, it may start out slow and yes it might be old, but the story line only gets better, she develops as a character(Dont wanna give away too much ) and it gets into the army vs army thing you wanted like Utawarerumono.

As for other suggestions that somewhat have a big force against another are
GundamSeed
where obviously its a mecha anime but has the same idea of a group of heros against an antagonist enemy group.

A more similar time period to Utawarerumono and follows to maybe an army vs army, the first thing that pops in my head is Samurai7
Where it's about a group a traditional samurai who fight to protect this village from mechanicalized samurai. I think you might like this one, has an interesting plot

As for Tsubasa Chronicles, i just finished Season 2 and in my opinion i think it was a rather good anime. Like the other person was saying I feel that season 1 was better, but season two wasn't bad, more character development, and the cute love story goes on. Hopefully season 3 will show us the end that we've been all waiting for! no spoilers plz! hehe

anyhow hope that helps

-Jim
Old 2006-12-07, 21:06   Link #12
Duero
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbasushi View Post
Duero:

I have to push once again for Junni Kokki with the other people, it may start out slow and yes it might be old, but the story line only gets better, she develops as a character(Dont wanna give away too much ) and it gets into the army vs army thing you wanted like Utawarerumono.

As for other suggestions that somewhat have a big force against another are
GundamSeed
where obviously its a mecha anime but has the same idea of a group of heros against an antagonist enemy group.

A more similar time period to Utawarerumono and follows to maybe an army vs army, the first thing that pops in my head is Samurai7
Where it's about a group a traditional samurai who fight to protect this village from mechanicalized samurai. I think you might like this one, has an interesting plot

As for Tsubasa Chronicles, i just finished Season 2 and in my opinion i think it was a rather good anime. Like the other person was saying I feel that season 1 was better, but season two wasn't bad, more character development, and the cute love story goes on. Hopefully season 3 will show us the end that we've been all waiting for! no spoilers plz! hehe

anyhow hope that helps

-Jim

Domo arigato mina san ^^
I shall Give juuni One more last try then but damn 45 ep and still going hehe ^^
I think I shall give Tsubasa Chronicles a chans to becus itīs is Clamp and I liked Chobits ^^
Old 2006-12-08, 09:35   Link #13
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duero
I shall Give juuni One more last try then but damn 45 ep and still going hehe ^^
No, it finishes at ep39, and there are 6 episodes part way about another character that you 'could' skip if you wanted (when it gets to talking about the Black Kirin Taiki, which lasts for 6 eps, this will be continued later when - hopefully - it gets back on track). There are two recap eps as well you can skip, mostly for people who found all the information hard going and needed a refresher (there is a lot to take in, background and story-wise).

So if you skip the recaps, the Taiki arc, and don't bother watching the last 6 eps, youll probably get on better Just seriously give it a chance. When Youko reaches the country of En, things kinda take off a bit
Old 2006-12-08, 13:02   Link #14
Duero
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
No, it finishes at ep39, and there are 6 episodes part way about another character that you 'could' skip if you wanted (when it gets to talking about the Black Kirin Taiki, which lasts for 6 eps, this will be continued later when - hopefully - it gets back on track). There are two recap eps as well you can skip, mostly for people who found all the information hard going and needed a refresher (there is a lot to take in, background and story-wise).

So if you skip the recaps, the Taiki arc, and don't bother watching the last 6 eps, youll probably get on better Just seriously give it a chance. When Youko reaches the country of En, things kinda take off a bit

Okey domo arigato
Old 2006-12-10, 18:11   Link #15
poopies69

i dunno if this counts but u can try out grenadier since it has some warlike things
Closed Thread