AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-10-16, 17:33   Link #10021
Advent000
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
I, however, am.

A Desert Eagle is nice if you want target shooting or a really scary looking gun, but in most combat situations, you won't want that brick. It's powerful, yes, but it's also very very big. Nanoha wouldn't be able to grip it with one hand. I'm a big guy myself, and even I find gripping it a little daunting.

Very commonly used, by police forces and the US military in general, is the Beretta M92FS, designated M9.

Also popular with police and elite branches of the military are the SIG series of firearms, particularly the P226.

The US Marines, as well as SWAT teams around the US, are very in favor of M1911A1 derivatives, choosing brands such as Springfield, Kimber, and Para-Ordnance. They do not have as high a capacity as other pistols, but M1911A1s are astoundingly reliable -- almost 100 years old and still in use to day.

I could talk about this all day, as the variety of arms is staggering. PM me if you want more detailed information,
I'd choose the M9's.
Advent000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 18:07   Link #10022
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Send a message via MSN to TerranReaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent000 View Post
I'd choose the M9's.
Choose the Glock. It is reliable in a sense that it is hardy and can withstand temperature extremes, even if it is made out of plastic. Most police forces use them. I think .
TerranReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 18:42   Link #10023
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
And the polls are now closed :3

The final count for Divided Destiny:

A)
B) II
C) IIII

Has Plymouth fared any better then Eden after their evacuation...?
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 18:46   Link #10024
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranReaper View Post
Choose the Glock. It is reliable in a sense that it is hardy and can withstand temperature extremes, even if it is made out of plastic. Most police forces use them. I think .
Tell that to the scars on my hand when a Glock exploded as I attempted to fire it.

I have a severe aversion to usage of Glocks in a combat setting. In my local area, the only ones that use Glocks are FBI, and that's because they prefer standardization.

Instead, I'd suggest a Springfield XD.
Old 2008-10-16, 19:29   Link #10025
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph42 View Post
Duel wielding () or just 1 gun?
Elise? Duel wielding, though she mainly uses one for the whole OVA since she loses the second one in a fight.
Old 2008-10-16, 20:50   Link #10026
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Here is the second chapter of Alpha Outbreak. Hopefully it's better than the first.
Spoiler for Chapter 2: Decision:
Let the party begin.

Last edited by TerranReaper; 2008-10-17 at 03:56.
Old 2008-10-16, 21:24   Link #10027
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Here is the second chapter of Alpha Outbreak. Hopefully it's better than the first.
Let the party begin.
Mind if i give you some pointers?

First, announce when you are chagin scene. Makes the whole thing easier to undertand. For example i usually use --- to mark them.
Second, try to make people talk in different paragraphs, again for understandong better. like this

"blah blah" A said
"bleh bleh" B said

Anyway s your style of writting so, if you dont want to follow them, then i understand...

Alas, welcome to the FFT have fun, post lots and forget your sanity at the door.

Sorry for the late welcome.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 21:51   Link #10028
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Mind if i give you some pointers?

First, announce when you are chagin scene. Makes the whole thing easier to undertand. For example i usually use --- to mark them.
Second, try to make people talk in different paragraphs, again for understandong better. like this

"blah blah" A said
"bleh bleh" B said

Anyway s your style of writting so, if you dont want to follow them, then i understand...

Alas, welcome to the FFT have fun, post lots and forget your sanity at the door.

Sorry for the late welcome.
No welcome is too late .
Old 2008-10-16, 22:43   Link #10029
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Let the party begin.
Well that's interesting. WHAT HAPPENED TO VITA! Lol, jk. I just hope she'll be ok. I agree with laith you should put in breaks to show change in scene and separate what people say in different paragraphs. Also this kind of stuck out and bothered me so I'll point it out
Quote:
“Me think so too.” answered Subaru.
It should be "I think so too. " Anyways, I was so busy talking about you're story I forgot to welcome you! So welcome! Don't reject the crack, just breathe deeply and take it in. Btw, yay for people in the pacific!

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 00:54   Link #10030
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Let the party begin.
Vita in danger and zombie guys are always welcome for me

Gonna backlog to read chapter 1

And Welcome! "Throws multicolored confeti over TerranReaper's head"
Old 2008-10-17, 01:22   Link #10031
GingaSubaru

Quote:
Let the party begin.
Ha ha, so you post your story here? HA HA
GingaSubaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 02:25   Link #10032
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingaSubaru View Post
Ha ha, so you post your story here? HA HA
I do not see the point of this post and we don't want such talk here unless you are being sarcastic, which is really hard to tell and doesn't make it OK. Please explain.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 02:27   Link #10033
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingaSubaru View Post
Ha ha, so you post your story here? HA H-
Spoiler for Baaaad mooove...:

What did we LEARN from all this?
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 02:35   Link #10034
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Spoiler for Baaaad mooove...:

What did we LEARN from all this?
That explosions are awesome?

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 04:01   Link #10035
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Chapter 1 and 2 were slightly altered to make things a little more relevant. Go check it out. C'mon, keep more ideas coming. If you wanna see what happen to Vita, click this spoiler. If not, don't touch.
Spoiler for What happen to Vita:
Old 2008-10-17, 04:53   Link #10036
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Chapter 1 and 2 were slightly altered to make things a little more relevant. Go check it out. C'mon, keep more ideas coming. If you wanna see what happen to Vita, click this spoiler. If not, don't touch.
Spoiler for What happen to Vita:
...this sounds really familiar...

*Stares at old fanfic where he had a... -ahem-... thing that worked the same way.*

Also, your fanfic has a similar name to my old one

*resumes hiatus*
Old 2008-10-17, 06:54   Link #10037
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Spoiler for Fanfic Chapter 1:

[B]What is your verdict? Should they choose
a) Let the military top brass do the talking
b) Meet the negotiator themselves, or
c) Kill him
Okaaaaaay..... To be honest, this is a bit painful to read. Reason being there are so many points that do not seemed to make much sense to me. I hope you can clear up some points for me.

Let's start from the top. Subaru being rude to Nanoha. I know people do have their bad days but Subaru idolizes Nanoha. A lot. For her to be so rude to Nanoha is very out of character for her, even if Nanoha pushed her to the breaking point. So what caused her to be this way? Also, Nanoha, Harsh? The only point we ever seen Nanoha harsh is when Teana tried something dangerous and turned hysterical.

Oh BTW, at what point in time is this fic starting at? During or after strikers?

Next, TSAB ship being shot down by Terrans.... Its rather inconceivable. Why would anyone shoot and destroy a TSAB ship since us humans are searching for intelligent life? Its pretty silly... Not to mention, what kind of idiot attacks an unknown enemy without even determining if its a foe? Also you're assuming that terran technology can even detect the TSAB ships since there doesn't seemed to be any indications that they detected the Asura during the events in A's.

Terrans mastering space superiority? I didn't THINK it can be mastered but gained. Also judging from the information i got from the OC thread, the amount of time for such a large leap in technological prowess is rather short. We're talking about maybe a hundred years of advancements at the very minimum in just what? 15 -20 years? You need to explain this further. Something must have triggered such a large scale of advancement. FYI, building a portal to teleport stuff does not equal to such rapid advancements mainly due to power issues.

Fate talking to Nanoha about race and in a accusing tone? Last time I check, Mid childans and Terrans are part of the human race. Subaru mentioned that her ancestors are from Earth. Also Fate is not Mid Childan... or not exactly born one since she IS a clone after all but we're digressing here. The only non humans we see so far are familiars, the Wolkenritter, unison devices and summons, so why are you even talking about race here?

As for Chrono scouting the Sol system, how can he not know there are inhabitants in that system? I mean during season 1, he teleported to stop Nanoha and Fate from fighting, he was there also during A's not to mention that he married Amy and she and his kids are LIVING on Earth aka Non Adminstrated World 97. His teachers, the Leize twins are familiars of Admiral Gil Graham, a mage from Earth, England.

Next part I'm going to talk about is that conversation between Nanoha and Subaru at the water's edge. That conversation is confusing to me but if I'm reading this right, Subaru is being willy nilly? Uhuh... You really got to explain this to me for don't really understand this at all.

Oh and the lesson Nanoha learned and taught her trainees and Teana isn't about hardwork. The lesson she taught was NOT to overwork. It was because Nanoha worked too hard that caused her to get so heavily injured. Because Teana is going to end up like how she was in the past, Nanoha doesn't want that to happen so she shot Teana down and Shario revealed the reason why Nanoha did that, which was to teach the forwards to work at a steady pace and not go over the top and trying too hard.

That threat of war by the Terrans was an extremely stupid move. In my opinion, its practically stupid enough to be considered suicidal. My reasoning being that how are the Terrans going to stop TSAB ships from warping into range and firing the Arc-en-Ciel which at minimum has at least 100km range and a minimum damage radius of 100km as well. They don't even have to shoot at a population area. Shooting the Arc-en-Ciel at an ocean or North pole for example is going to cause tremendous amounts of damage.

I can think of at least 2 others ways. One is using Lost Logia but that is almost overkill. Another is using Trans dimensional attack magics. Precia Testarossa's attack magic in season 1 is an example.

Next. Why do terrans even have to send someone to Mid at all? You already proven that it is possible to send video and audio signals to Mid so why do you even need someone physically there at this stage? They could all use Video conferencing.

Finally, this is war you're talking about. You got a possible war that might break out and you have Fate and Chrono considering taking matters into their own hands? They don't have that authority to do that. Are you planning for them to go rogue?

I hope you can answer these problems that I've noticed.

Edit: I'll make my comments on Chapter 2 later.
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 07:17   Link #10038
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I do hope TR isn't regretting appearing on Asuki; we're a unique cell of veteran critiques waging a guerrilla war against larger foes of good writing like bad fanism and 4chan, so pardon us when we seem rather Spartan with our analysis.

Really, we only mean well.
Old 2008-10-17, 07:41   Link #10039
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I do hope TR isn't regretting appearing on Asuki; we're a unique cell of veteran critiques waging a guerrilla war against larger foes of good writing like bad fanism and 4chan, so pardon us when we seem rather Spartan with our analysis.

Really, we only mean well.
A sign of a truly good writer is to see the advice and take it for what it really is :3

GingaSubaru: well this is the fanfic thread, posting it other places wouldn't make much sense.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 09:04   Link #10040
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

You can't really blame a first timer and no, I have no regrets

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha