AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 25 31.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 32.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-20, 09:28   Link #41
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Great Episode! I want MOAR!!!!! *cries*

You know, I wouldn't be surprise that it's just funny drawings in the diary, basically a picture diary
Old 2011-05-20, 09:37   Link #42
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I thought it was a weird place for the episode to end, but good none the less. And yeah, not gonna lie, I fast forwarded through Jintan's class speech, was just too awkward for me to handle. And I feel so sorry for Menma's mom, she seems so lonely.

And yeah, the random Occult Academy clip in the beginning was pretty cool.
Old 2011-05-20, 10:01   Link #43
Fawx9

Theory time
Spoiler for stuff:
Old 2011-05-20, 10:40   Link #44
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Disease flag just went up for Jintan or it could be the heat he eats too much junk food and lives a pretty much unhealthy life. Anyway great episode excellent lines:

"Definitely a Virgin"

Quoto of the day.
Old 2011-05-20, 11:00   Link #45
kitten320

So many disscusions about nosebleed... like if you have never had one out of nowhere? I think it is quiet normal. Now if he will keep having them, then it will be a problem.

finally Jintan got some guts and stood up for poor Anaru and looks like her friends do care after all.

Tsuruko's and Yukiatsu's interections are always fun. Looks like being caught crossdresing had its positives effects, he is not annoying anymore.
Old 2011-05-20, 11:25   Link #46
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Although it would be cliche for Menma to disappear after her wish has been granted, this would be far better ending than say, Menma coming back to life or something ridiculous. I also doubt the Sixth Sense style twist in a series like this where it seems to be relatively laidback, tame but dramatic, but with limited supernatural elements (bar Menma's ghost status)
I didn't mean exactly like the Sixth Sense, but just that I feel that there's a possibility that there's more to Menma's odd manifestation than meets the eye. I mean, it's a little strange that for someone who is supposed to be dead, she acts so alive. Her appearance continues to bother me too. Why appear as a more grown up version of herself? If the show was really trying to push her as a moe character, you'd think keeping her as a small child would be better. Let's face it, she's not exactly in a fair competition with Anaru as far as sex appeal goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
For a moment I thought you were going to say that everyone else was dead, only Menma is alive. Now that would be a twist.
My mind went there too, but wow how would they pull something like that off convincingly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So many disscusions about nosebleed... like if you have never had one out of nowhere? I think it is quiet normal. Now if he will keep having them, then it will be a problem.
I get them sometimes in drier times of the year (like Winter), and yeah...it sucks. But I think people are discussing it mostly due to the trope in anime, and the fact that this is mostly a drama. So he's either following the trope, the nosebleeds are simply random, or we're getting a hint that something is wrong with him. I agree with you, if they show him with more nosebleeds, the third option is the likely one. Otherwise it's just him being horny imo.
Old 2011-05-20, 11:33   Link #47
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

finally Jintan got some guts and stood up for poor Anaru and looks like her friends do care after all.

Tsuruko's and Yukiatsu's interections are always fun. Looks like being caught crossdresing had its positives effects, he is not annoying anymore.
I think it's just anxiety from hearing all those people talk about him and anaru.

I'm disagreeing with the disease part.

1 she can an effect on other people when she jumped on them
2 she can move things (more like a poltegist)
3 she's eaten food.
4 she evn made muffin bread can't be all in mind.

Honstly this was epsode dragged on after school,
Old 2011-05-20, 11:50   Link #48
User68604
Disabled By Request

best line "shes definitely not a virgin" SLAM with can to the face

Old 2011-05-20, 12:03   Link #49
Shadow5YA

I don't think Anaru's "friends" were actually worried about her. Their first response when she got in trouble was that she messed up. They were the ones that put her into that situation, so I think they were more concerned that Anaru would receive punishment from the school rather than all the rumors flying around.
It was only after Anaru pulled Jinta out of the classroom that they looked truly worried.
Old 2011-05-20, 12:13   Link #50
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Wow, didn't expect Jinta to save Anaru.

Hope he takes her home next ep, that's no place to leave a girl.

'Ecchi, sukecchi, one touchi'... Where have I heard that before? *scratches head*
Old 2011-05-20, 12:33   Link #51
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
What's up with people skipping the 'oh so awkward' speech because it was too awkward to handle?

I loved it, was good to see Jintan taking a stand and defending a friend for once.
Old 2011-05-20, 12:33   Link #52
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
'Ecchi, sukecchi, one touchi'... Where have I heard that before? *scratches head*
For example, "Kore wa Zombie desu ka?".

Spoiler for space:
Old 2011-05-20, 12:34   Link #53
Riou17
Red☆Crystal

^ I heard that line before from Kore wa Zombie Desu ka.

I don't think Jintan has a disease. It's might be stress from the events that had happened that day. He finally attended class after a long time, defended Anaru by speaking out loud (he even stutters), went to Menma's house which he is uncomfortable with, and then before the day ends, Menma started crying again. But if the nosebleeds occur more frequently, then he really might have a disease.
Old 2011-05-20, 12:46   Link #54
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^^Yeah, looks like it. Those clips...
Old 2011-05-20, 12:52   Link #55
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh God, not KeyAIDS. Anything but that...
Old 2011-05-20, 13:09   Link #56
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome episode. Everyone emotion is hit at some point in the episode, yet agian.

The animation is waning a little since we are half way in, I hope it gets better.

As for the story... I will never get over how in Japan what you do out of school impacts you in school. I know why they do it but... it's just so stupid and unfair.

But kudos to Jinta there. I don't think he should have even commented on Anaru though. He should have made a big enough disturbance to override her gossip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Excellent episode again. Jintan's first steps.

We are left wondering if his nosebleeds are tension for both, turn-on for both, or one of each.
I want to go with one of each. But Anaru wasn't really wearing anything that revealing.

Quote:
Since Menma is dead, Anaru is his only possible partner, if he ends up with one.
I hope they pair up in the end, or there is some hint to it. Aside from it being sweet for Anaru, Jinta needs a good girl to help him out of this rough patch here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The return of ecchi, sketchy, one touchy! Oh, how I love that line.
Yes, it's a great line, isn't it.

Quote:
Best scene in the episode for me was by far Jinta standing up for Anal (that sounds very wrong, doesn't it? Blame Menma for giving her that nickname ). His speech was confusing and incredibly awkward, yet still awesome. Him having such a hard time expressing himself in public is a nice touch.
Yes, seeing him struggle to do what he knew he had to was a nice tough. And when did Menma nickname her "Anal"?

Quote:
Calling it now. The reason he's the only one who can see Menma is that he's close to death. Or maybe it was just a simple nosebleed. Ohana had some too. I guess Mari Okada loves them, huh?
Yeah... brain tumor... that would be so bad, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I really love all the small lines that build these characters. Yukiatsu is harassed about his cross dressing again. Poppo commenting about being the loner. You get a better sense of Menma's family in this episode as well. The differences in mourning, Menma's worry over her mother. It's interesting to note that even though they packed up Menma's belongings, the room is still unused.

So we get a few more hints about Menma's wish, confirmation that Anaru is a virgin (there's a disturbance in the force, as if millions of otaku suddenly squealed in joy), and Jinta has nosebleeds of questionable significance. So far I'm really enjoying the pacing for this series, it's laid back but eventful. It doesn't seem like things are progressing much, but things are already quite different from where we first started.

I'm starting to wonder though, if the reason Menma's "ghost" nature isn't being called into question is because we're going to get some kind of Sixth Sense style twist. It would be awfully cliche to get some kind of tearful goodbye scene as Menma disappears because gosh darn, mystery solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
For a moment I thought you were going to say that everyone else was dead, only Menma is alive. Now that would be a twist.
At the end Menma is going to wake up in the hospital with a sprained ankle and have her friends all around her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
And yeah, the random Occult Academy clip in the beginning was pretty cool.
I almost forgot to mention that! I love when they do things like that. Man that was a great series.
Old 2011-05-20, 13:17   Link #57
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Anyone notice that Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin was playing on Jintan's TV at the start? That was ... kinda random. Well I guess it's not completely random since both animes are Aniplex/A-1.
Yeah, that was unexpected.
Anime no Chikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
lol but he didn't really do anything this week.
Yukiatsu is just that amazing!
(He did go "There is a weird guy around..." to the two girls though... Which would be him, yes, and also, Tsuruko telling him that he could scare them all off with his crossdressing )

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-05-20, 13:20   Link #58
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Felt bad for Anaru during class. Good thing Jintan stepped up even though it was so awkward.

Lol that girl called out Tsuroku, but she was just like whatever. Seems like her and Yukiatsu figured out that Menma called them together that day and what ever she wanted to tell them that day is probably her wish.

Felt sad when they were visiting Menma's house. Really felt bad for the mother.

Menma did have a point with not wanting them to go to her house, but i agree with Jintan's speech even though he shouldn't have yelled at her. What was with that nosebleed though.

Ending was the best with Jintan's line.
Old 2011-05-20, 13:42   Link #59
Silverwyrm

Honestly...the only thing I didnt like was menma crying again, that scene I felt could have been done without waterfalls from her face
Old 2011-05-20, 14:38   Link #60
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol that girl called out Tsuroku, but she was just like whatever.
I was waiting for Tsuroku to call the girl a coward for not giving him the letter herself.