AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-13, 11:02   Link #421
marvelB

Damn..... this really was an awesome chapter. Can't wait to see where the plot goes from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Spoiler for 171:

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 11:29   Link #422
Homura7

^Remember Colonel Mokkoi from the Ice Hell arc?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 17:16   Link #423
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

They are probably going to talk about Nitro's because they are threating human kind in the first place so it is possible Ichiryuu will try to make alliance with Midora. Also plot is going to get serious from now on. I hope they don't clash with each other. If they were then it's going to be one hell of epic battle between big bosses of Gourment Age :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
And yeah King is probably someone other than actual king himself and controled by other vilian who is with Joa. I wonder what's their purpose but they should be also after God. I think there will be more parties who will compete with each other for God in the Gourment World.
Old 2012-01-15, 14:56   Link #424
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post

Yeah, I actually remembered him not long after I made that post, lol. Well, at least it seems that whoever else Joa is allied with is part of some other enemy group aside from the Bishokukai, which definitely makes things more interesting....

And speaking of the Bishokukai, I find it interesting that despite most of the strongest bosses being gathered at their HQ in the Gourmet World, Stajyun and Grinpatch were apparently left out. If they really were absent, then what business could they be taking care of that would apparently take greater priority over defending their HQ from a monster like Ichiryuu....?
Old 2012-01-15, 19:38   Link #425
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And speaking of the Bishokukai, I find it interesting that despite most of the strongest bosses being gathered at their HQ in the Gourmet World, Stajyun and Grinpatch were apparently left out. If they really were absent, then what business could they be taking care of that would apparently take greater priority over defending their HQ from a monster like Ichiryuu....?
I thought Stajyun at least, unlike the rest of the 'Gourmet Qualified', is still lounging around in the Human World.

Can't exactly teleport his way into Gourmet World instantly.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 12:07   Link #426
marvelB

^Well.... yeah, I guess Stajyun could be excused, but that still doesn't explain what's up with Grinpatch. Hopefully, we'll find out soon.

Anyways, latest spoilers are out. There's a few pics out, but the most interesting detail was noted in the small summary:

Spoiler:

Well now, isn't that a neat twist there.....?
Old 2012-01-18, 15:50   Link #427
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Why oh why am I not surprised?^^

EDIT: Chapter's out! Lots of manly talk and old beard awesomeness, looks like he tried to settle things peacefully...
Spoiler for ch.172:

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-01-19 at 03:51.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 10:33   Link #428
marvelB

Heh, I didn't even notice that Midora had a beard 'till I read this chapter (at least he has something to differentiate him from Sani/Stajyun)! Too bad Jirou didn't accompany the president to the HQ though.... I mean, the last time we saw him was even in the Gourmet World! Oh, and aside from the evil saiseiya, I really want to see more of that gorilla guy. He looked really cool....

And once again we have foreshadowing of the gourmet world war. And I also notice that Komatsu's old friend was shown again, as well. I wonder how long it'll be before the inevitable chef rescue arc comes along....?
Old 2012-01-19, 11:20   Link #429
ellifeedn
Thinker

Speaking of Jirou, is there anything notable in his name other than the "2" in it? I mean, Ichiryuu and Midora not only have the numbers in their names (1 and 3 respectively), they also have the dragon and tiger thing.

As for Komatsu's friend, I'm thinking he'll become Komatsu's evil rival.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 11:28   Link #430
marvelB

^If memory serves me right, Jirou can also be represented as the "wolf", (though unlike the other two, he doesn't have the kanji for his animal namesake in his name). But now that I think about it, him being the "lone wolf" may very well be the reason why he didn't go to the HQ with Ichiryuu.....
Old 2012-01-20, 19:42   Link #431
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

That chapter was awesome. It's like the confrontation of two big cards like in One Piece. I felt like this when I first readed Whitebeard and Shanks encounter. Man when the war going to break out it's going to be one hell of awesome fighting chapters one after another and I'm suprised a bit Ichiryuu and Midora shares brother relationship in general and it was sweet of Midora to call Ichiryuu as his big brother after Ichiryuu performed Haki like aura around him.
Old 2012-01-24, 13:14   Link #432
marvelB

Wow, I was just reminded of something real interesting: I was looking back through some of the Ice Hell chapters, and noticed that Joa's name was brought up near the end of the arc! Here's the proof (from chapter 84):

Spoiler:

Actually, looking at that page, I wonder if Toriko's going to end up hunting down those unique ingredients mentioned there, as well? Perhaps they're even what he wanted to speak with Livebearer about.....
Old 2012-01-24, 20:41   Link #433
Franckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
And yeah King is probably someone other than actual king himself and controled by other vilian who is with Joa. I wonder what's their purpose but they should be also after God. I think there will be more parties who will compete with each other for God in the Gourment World.
Depending on how its done multiple parties could make for a very interesting story. Right now we have the IGO, the Bishokukai, and now the ??? Joa is associated with. That's 3 factions right now, 4 if you include the Nitro.

So many possibilities...
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 11:34   Link #434
marvelB

And in this week's Toriko:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-25, 22:59   Link #435
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The irony was that with this chapter's release timed so well with the Luna New Year... it could've had Toriko and co. dressed as Caishen, the Chinese God of Prosperity. The content, for most parts, could had been identical.

So... a Cooking Show where, apparently all (read; most) of the Top 100 participates? Sounds like a recipe for mass kidnapping action.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 23:46   Link #436
Aesthetic Shampoo

I'm sorry to say that my first thought was that those kids are going to die from overeating.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 01:41   Link #437
leokiko

It's awesome how it wasn't an entirely FILLER chapter. There was a bunch of new information(cooking show) and foreshadowing(100th ranked monster, legendary beast Toriko wants to hunt one day), and the ending was truly heartwarming.

Overall great chapter!
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 02:57   Link #438
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hahaha, totally late to play santa...but it was nice anyway.
Quote:
I'm sorry to say that my first thought was that those kids are going to die from overeating.
Burger kid sure gave me that impression
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 03:21   Link #439
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 173:
Old 2012-01-26, 10:09   Link #440
marvelB

Wow, despite how fillerish this chapter seemed in a superficial sense, it was surprisingly informative. We actually DO learn a little more of the four kings' backgrounds (I wonder if we'll visit their home countries at some point?), we learn more of the IGO's politics, and we even get a foreshadowing of Zebra's eventual reappearance (so he already completed Ichiryuu's tasks, eh....?). I also like how the three other kings' animal partners appear in the chapter. Personally, I'm still convinced that Zebra will make the baby Nitro held in Honey Prison his partner.....

And yeah, I'm also pretty convinced that Komatsu's eventual placement in the top 100 chefs will guarantee that he and his peers will get shanghaied by the time that festival rolls around....

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen