AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 11:57   Link #461
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
After watching the last eps, it seem like Akatsuki's could travel back to Alezard fairly easy, is it also because of the power he gain from Zehard?
No, it's because when an object from Alezard gets transported to Akatsuki's world it causes a dimensional rift between the two worlds (that object being Myuu), they are merely going to pass through that rift to return to Alezard using Myuu as the initiator because Akatsuki's world would treat Myuu as a foreign object and repulses her existence in this world while Alezard itself is the opposite and would attract Myuu, so sort of like a magnet. Although in absolute terms only the foreign object is able to pass through the rift to return to its place of origin, in this case a loophole is found by using Akatsuki's Renkankekikou he is able to channel Myuu's ki to everyone else so everyone becomes part of Myuu and thus can go through the rift. It's the same trick Akatsuki used to bring Myuu into his world in the first place (ie Myuu wasn't supposed to be able to pass through the gate, but Akatsuki channelled his ki into Myuu so the gate treats her as part of Akatsuki).

Quote:
and didn't he already had a Absolute Barrier skill?
Nope, before he was merely using a ki barrier. If you are talking about the ranking test he was merely exerting his pressure to over power Haruka and others that he was able to just blow away their magic. In general him (and other humans whom is able to past through to the other world more than once) is WAY more powerful than your normal A Class students that if he was to go just a bit serious he would kill them in one hit. Oh and if you wonder why they seemed to have done well against Phil - Phil was just screwing with them cause he likes to see his opponents fall into absolute despair by giving them false hope (aka Bane from Dark Knight Rises lol).
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 14:07   Link #462
yuiichi9

What happen on the color page of vol 4, myu and haruka are on a bed?
What happen on vol 6 with the following events. When someone is touching one of the twins of cecil? Also why is risty arguing with myu? Risty looks like crying & mad at the same time.
Can we say that Hikami is pathetic relying on using myu's power in the fight between him and akatsuki on the fight on vol. 9?
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 14:39   Link #463
Ghanw
(-_-)

Does anybody know the release date for volume 10?
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 15:40   Link #464
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Hard to say as it wasn't specified, but I would think it would be an active skill since normally any skill used by Akatsuki's Renkankeikikou had to consciously invoked to manipulate ki so I don't see how he could unconsciously absorb ki without thinking about it.
Oh so when Akatsuki killed Phil dragon he took the opportunity to take his Absolute Barrier on purpose? So he knew about this absorption skill beforehand? Think he might have used it on Myuu's dad?

With all the power Zahak displayed, Akatsuki only got its Absolute Barrier? No offensive abilities?

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2012-09-22 at 16:06.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 17:19   Link #465
Awrya
U mad?

I hope someone can clarify the whole dragon part in the anime.
So Phil made a contract with Zahak, a strong dragon from Alezard.
Phil transforms into dragon.
Is Phil some kind of familiar, who gained the power to transform into a dragon from Zahak, or is he using his body as a medium to 'summon' Zahak?
Did Zahak die cause Akatsuki killed the dragon?
Old 2012-09-22, 19:12   Link #466
sunsown

Does Akatsuki figure out that Kaito Motoharu belongs to Scarlet Dusk?
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 22:43   Link #467
VanDarkholmeTDN

Quote:
If you are talking about the ranking test he was merely exerting his pressure to over power Haruka and others that he was able to just blow away their magic.
Does that also include, in episode 8, when they channeled their magic into their weapons, instead of using their spells, that that magic that they began to channel got dispelled? Sorry for asking but when Haruka said "He read our moves" I was just wondering if he did something else that was special.
VanDarkholmeTDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 01:17   Link #468
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

BTW since I don't watch the subs/read any translations so I don't know what the groups uses for the romanisation of the names and places in katakana. My katakana to romanisation name skill is terrible so if people prefer to use the fansub names (as to not cause confusion) just type in the fansub names and I'll notice and adopt them accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
What happen on the color page of vol 4, myu and haruka are on a bed?
Spoiler:

Quote:
What happen on vol 6 with the following events. When someone is touching one of the twins of cecil?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Also why is risty arguing with myu? Risty looks like crying & mad at the same time.
Myuu in an attempt to strike up conversation with Listy when the two of them were alone just hit on a bad topic (namely Akatsuki got them off on the monorail) and made Listy mad.

Quote:
Can we say that Hikami is pathetic relying on using myu's power in the fight between him and akatsuki on the fight on vol. 9?
Hikami is very strong, but in a way you can say that. And that was actually part of the reason why he lost to Akatsuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Does anybody know the release date for volume 10?
Apparently it's coming out on 1st October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Oh so when Akatsuki killed Phil dragon he took the opportunity to take his Absolute Barrier on purpose? So he knew about this absorption skill beforehand? Think he might have used it on Myuu's dad?
Spoiler:

Quote:
With all the power Zahak displayed, Akatsuki only got its Absolute Barrier? No offensive abilities?
Zahak's ability is its strong physical attributes (tough skin, strength etc) and super strong elemental magic. As Akatsuki can't use magic there's nothing else he can take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I hope someone can clarify the whole dragon part in the anime.
So Phil made a contract with Zahak, a strong dragon from Alezard.
Phil transforms into dragon.
Is Phil some kind of familiar, who gained the power to transform into a dragon from Zahak, or is he using his body as a medium to 'summon' Zahak?
Did Zahak die cause Akatsuki killed the dragon?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsown View Post
Does Akatsuki figure out that Kaito Motoharu belongs to Scarlet Dusk?
Yep. Quite a while ago. I think Akatsuki was sure when Motoharu used his Eye Bind to bind Phil Zahak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDarkholmeTDN View Post
Does that also include, in episode 8, when they channeled their magic into their weapons, instead of using their spells, that that magic that they began to channel got dispelled? Sorry for asking but when Haruka said "He read our moves" I was just wondering if he did something else that was special.
Yeah it includes that bit.

The fight with Haruka/Junpei/Minami in the anime is quite different to the novel (cut way short) so it's not quite the same. I think at that time during the fight Junpei reasoned that Akatsuki shouldn't be able to use Renkankeikikou to both form a ki barrier outside his body to block magic and boost his physical attributes inside his body at the same time (which Akatsuki actually can, but as always Akatsuki was just hiding that fact by not using this ability, because he didn't want to reveal all his abilities before fighting Hikami) thus he suggested to channel their magic into the weapon as the answer for them not being able to hurt Akatsuki but obviously Akatsuki is not surprised by this move and even anticipated that they would do this so that's how it came out.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-09-23 at 01:35.
Old 2012-09-23, 02:56   Link #469
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Wait. Akatsuki can steal abilities?
Old 2012-09-23, 03:00   Link #470
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Have Akatsuki absorption any other skills?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 03:19   Link #471
sunsown

@houkoholic
Why do you think that when Kaito used Eye Bind that Akatsuki would have figured out that Kaito might be working with Scarlet Dusk.
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 03:50   Link #472
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Wait. Akatsuki can steal abilities?
Yes.

Quote:
Have Akatsuki absorption any other skills?
Not that we know of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsown View Post
@houkoholic
Why do you think that when Kaito used Eye Bind that Akatsuki would have figured out that Kaito might be working with Scarlet Dusk.
Being able to bind Zahak makes Kaito's ability way above your normal Babel A Class student, factor in that Zahak has the Absolute Barrier (ie elemental magic is rendered useless) so this ability has to be abnormal. Add the multiple times him and Akatsuki has crossed paths and getting glimpses of his ability (the brief exchange on the roof top, him being able to slash Akatsuki's ki attack against the student council etc) these facts should mean that Kaito would at least qualify as a COCOON member and thus has no need to remain as a lowly A class student of Babel - yet he is not - and with Hikami as the main COCOON commander of Japan Babel seemingly having taken an unusual acknowledgement of Kaito's existence but not as an acquittance (refer to beginning of ranking test), so the logical conclusion is that he is a undercover terrorist like Tanaka. Yet again because Kaito is shown to be way more powerful than Tanaka so he can't be just any normal terrorist, so that would make him a member of Scarlet Dusk which is the strongest terrorist group said to be the only true rival of COCOON.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-09-23 at 04:12.
Old 2012-09-23, 05:07   Link #473
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Since there's no translated version of the LN yet(as far as I know of course), hope they decided to make the rest of the LN into anime adaptation aswell.
Old 2012-09-23, 14:23   Link #474
blackwhite67
Banned

@houkoholic: Could you give us more details on where Akatsuki learned Renkankeikikou, who taught him, and how he learned it?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 14:58   Link #475
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

First my apologies but Motoharu's conceptual ability should be "Mind Bind" not "Eye Bind". I don't pay attention to the ateji of the name of his ability much so my memory was fuzzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
@houkoholic: Could you give us more details on where Akatsuki learned Renkankeikikou, who taught him, and how he learned it?
The author hadn't gotten into the details of how but he revealed that Atatsuki went to the Shinsoukai (lit. God's Level) - a higher dimension above Alezard which gods live - where he devoted everything to learnt from the creator of this skill named Grandsays whom was hailed as the kensei (lit. Saint of Fists). As a side note Akatsuki said that Grandsays is also a huge pervert and that is where he learned his "other" skills from.
Old 2012-09-23, 16:33   Link #476
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
The author hadn't gotten into the details of how but he revealed that Atatsuki went to the Shinsoukai (lit. God's Level) - a higher dimension above Alezard which gods live - where he devoted everything to learnt from the creator of this skill named Grandsays whom was hailed as the kensei (lit. Saint of Fists). As a side note Akatsuki said that Grandsays is also a huge pervert and that is where he learned his "other" skills from.
For some reason it sounds like he went to Seireitei, met Raoh there and learned Hokuto Shinken
Old 2012-09-24, 05:48   Link #477
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
First my apologies but Motoharu's conceptual ability should be "Mind Bind" not "Eye Bind". I don't pay attention to the ateji of the name of his ability much so my memory was fuzzy.

Seem like those two are like peas in a pod. Does that mean Grandsays is a god ?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 12:08   Link #478
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Seem like those two are like peas in a pod. Does that mean Grandsays is a god ?
It's actually hinted that Akatsuki before the death of Leon and all of that is actually a pretty innocent run of the mill teenager (when he was transported to Alezard for the first time he fell into Listy's bath, in light of seeing Listy naked he actually decided to run away at that instance). It would seem that Grandsays might have swayed him to the dark side during his training.

Though not specified I think it's probably safe to assume Grandsays is a god.
Old 2012-09-24, 12:22   Link #479
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
It's actually hinted that Akatsuki before the death of Leon and all of that is actually a pretty innocent run of the mill teenager (when he was transported to Alezard for the first time he fell into Listy's bath, in light of seeing Listy naked he actually decided to run away at that instance). It would seem that Grandsays might have swayed him to the dark side during his training.

Though not specified I think it's probably safe to assume Grandsays is a god.
Is he someone we see in the flashback arc or is it his name that's only been mentioned
Old 2012-09-24, 13:26   Link #480
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Is he someone we see in the flashback arc or is it his name that's only been mentioned
Grandsays hasn't made any actual appearance in the novel thus far. His name is also not directly mentioned by anyone except in side background descriptions only.

Tags
action, adventure, borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, light novel, shounen