AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-04-18, 20:44   Link #1001
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Oh, my mistake. Didn't make the browser go all the way down.
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 22:56   Link #1002
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by infested_ysy
Don't get this.

It doesn't fit properly on most 1/144 kits, though it perfectly fits the 1/144 Wild Falken kit I have.
Shit. Wish I'd seen this before I placed my order over the weekend, and it already shipped. Oh well. I can always mod the mounting point with some styrene pieces.

Oh, and Post 1000 of this topic! Yay! lol.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 23:32   Link #1003
Akyra

Quote:
http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGTT-29

However, I just saw these today, and while they aren't taking any orders right now, since they are like the larger MS Stands, I may get these instead when I can for my 1/144s:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YLSPPC-28

Has anyone tried the stands above? Infested has tried one of them, and it doesn't seem to fit the majority of 1/144 kits I presume?

Also, anyone know the site that has a the black/gold destiny? That guy has used a few stands for their 1/144s, wonder where they get those from...
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 00:11   Link #1004
infested_ysy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
Oh well. I can always mod the mounting point with some styrene pieces.
Good luck with that. The mounting pieces are split into two, each part with half the ball joint. I have no idea how one can mod that.

Quote:
Also, anyone know the site that has a the black/gold destiny? That guy has used a few stands for their 1/144s, wonder where they get those from...
Which site? Japanese or English? If it's the former then you're a master of the obvious for wondering where they get them from.
infested_ysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 01:19   Link #1005
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by infested_ysy
Good luck with that. The mounting pieces are split into two, each part with half the ball joint. I have no idea how one can mod that.
Elbow grease and a little bit of luck. Worst case scenario is I can create a peg on the end of the strut if I destroy the brace (assuming I mess it up) and use them for the Destiny 1/144's I have that don't have stands. And if all else fails, at least I didn't pay much for them. I'll just toss the struts, fill in the mounting slot and use them as regular bases.
Old 2006-04-19, 01:28   Link #1006
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I take it this stand is supposed to keep it standing in a precarious position, since it doesn't look like it could hold up the full weight of a full model off the ground?

Btw, this thread hit 1,000 posts three posts ago. CHEERS!
Old 2006-04-19, 01:37   Link #1007
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

If teh Mini-MS stand has proportionate holding power compared to it's big brother, it'll hold a 1/144 with no trouble at all. The bigger ones hold up MG's quite well, and seeing as how they have internal skeletons and the armor cover, the MG's are quite weighty compred to the HG 1/100's (at least I think so). Those wood posing dummies are not a good representative since they are solid wood and the models are hollow plastic.
Old 2006-04-19, 01:41   Link #1008
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Hmm, pretty cool. I was judging more from the fact that it appears to be wire-metal in the supports, which is obviously less suitable for fully supporting models than a solid-base stand. But cool. It's nice and cheap, too.
Old 2006-04-19, 08:00   Link #1009
Optimaximal

It all depends on the quality and tensile strength of said wire... some of the thinest stuff around can also be the most rigid - then it comes down to centre of gravity.
Optimaximal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 08:56   Link #1010
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Gunpla rumors
According to Plamoya-san's Useless Diary, following are rumors of future Gunpla releases after June.
Below are considered somewhat reliable:
HGUC Zudah (from MS IGLOO)
HGUC Zaku I (color variation)
MG Gundam F91

These are rumors:
HGUC Nu Gundam
HGUC ZZ Gundam
MG Guntank

Again take this with grain of salt.
¶ 4:16 AM

from gunota........
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 08:58   Link #1011
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunota
According to Plamoya-san's Useless Diary, following are rumors of future Gunpla releases after June.
Below are considered somewhat reliable:
HGUC Zudah (from MS IGLOO)
HGUC Zaku I (color variation)
MG Gundam F91

These are rumors:
HGUC Nu Gundam
HGUC ZZ Gundam
MG Guntank
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/MSA-011Ext/20060417 They say they are SOLID on Zudah, Zaku I and the F91!
As for the Nu Gundam and ZZ Gundam which are RUMORED, that would just make it even more interesting. They say that the Guntank rumor is unreliable but we'll see.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 11:16   Link #1012
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
COMMON another ZUDAH 1/144 damn I want a MG of that, and I would really like to get HGUC ZZ and a MG GUNTANK
The_Marshal_AEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 12:20   Link #1013
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The MG F-91 was announced (well, sorta) a while back by Bandai. They showed a blacked-out image of their next MG model, but you could clearly see it was the F-91.
Old 2006-04-19, 13:17   Link #1014
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Btw, has anybody heard any planned release date or anything for the MG F-91? Its release was semi-announced a while ago, but since it's still said to be a rumor, I guess a release date is a bit much to ask. :/

What I want to see is an MG V2 Assault/Buster Gundam. It'll be expensive because of all the armor parts, but it'll be worth it.
Old 2006-04-19, 14:16   Link #1015
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

It technically was never announced. It was shown as NOW PLANNING? Which Bandai did in the past with the Zeong and 2 others, and of them, only the Zeong actually was made. I can't recall what the other 2 were though.

That said, the reaction to the MG F-91 was so high, they'd be dumb not to makeone, but it still was never officially announced.
Old 2006-04-19, 20:13   Link #1016
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
I want a MG F-91 a MG guntank would be cool cuz of the tanktred gimick.
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 20:13   Link #1017
Astronopolis
clam chowder fresh breath

Send a message via AIM to Astronopolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
What I want to see is an MG V2 Assault/Buster Gundam. It'll be expensive because of all the armor parts, but it'll be worth it.
i highly doubt the production of a MG from the V series, due to the extremely small size of the ms of that era. a master grade would be a little bit bigger than a 1/144, and to make it the same relative size to other ms in the series it would have to be in a different scale, so due to this i dont think bandai will ever touch the subject with a 50' pole
Astronopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 20:20   Link #1018
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronopolis
i highly doubt the production of a MG from the V series, due to the extremely small size of the ms of that era. a master grade would be a little bit bigger than a 1/144, and to make it the same relative size to other ms in the series it would have to be in a different scale, so due to this i dont think bandai will ever touch the subject with a 50' pole
Uh, you do realize that Gundam F91 is just as small as the Gundams from V right? If they release a MG F91, I don't see why they wouldn't make a MG from Victory later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra
Has anyone tried the stands above? Infested has tried one of them, and it doesn't seem to fit the majority of 1/144 kits I presume?
The Hasegawa Flexible Stand for Robots is pretty good IMO. It's clear, so it doesn't quite stand out like those black stands, and has worked fine with the 1/100 kits I've tried. The only issue I have with it is the price.. seems a little expensive.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 20:49   Link #1019
SlugZilla
woofles

The MG F91 might be 1/72 to offset the size difference. I'm hoping it were 1/100 just for continuity but the extra detail in a 1/72 would be sweet.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 20:50   Link #1020
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronopolis
The mobile suits in Gundam F-91 and on in UC are are small-types (with the exception of heavy suiits like the Zanneck from V Gundam), so if they're going to make MG F-91, it won't be any real problem to make an MG V2. Basically, just what DW said.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy