Notices

Old 2010-06-05, 00:40   Link #1681
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^
Commercially a Success...

Critically an EPIC FAIL...

Like the Transformer Movies, only the good guy robots don't get blemished in any way whatsoever in the end...
And sadly people cant distinguish the difference between the two....

And for the record... anyone classifying me as UC elitist.. here are some info.. i loved wing, 00 and even g-gundam.. noticed they are unlike UC and more towards super robots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
U.C has some pretty stupid plots, rewatch Zeta Gundam, and see how utterly stupid the Earth Federation is in it. I mean they basically staffed an entire group full of whack job
*cough* EA, Blue cosmos *cough*

Quote:
Personally I also found that for every 30 bunch scene we also got really silly scenes where people start fist fighting each other at a drop of a hat.
i guess u never seen group of soldiers in wartime have a small disgruntlement before?

Quote:
Not to mention Char having sunglasses as a disguise.
*cough* Athrun disguising himeself as a bodyguard *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMaster View Post
Gundam has never been deep, regardless as mentioned I'm sure several times throughout this threads life...GSD was a far cry from failing. It failed to entertain some of the older fans...but that's not who it was meant for in the first place- so who really cares?
Gundam has never been deep... what your confusing here is that UC tends to be deeper than CE but does not make UC deep at all. AS wingdarkness has mentioned its a commercial success. Even seed fans have a strong voice of disappointment in multiple aspects of second half gsd which is evident all over this thread, which this serie is catered for the seed fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post

Nowadays I find it funny how UC-elitists just love to shove up your face how more advanced and mature they are comparing to the fans of other series.

Wow!!! you are making it sound like its only limited to UC fans.. you know how many CE fans who pout the same crap i have to deal with in forum, private message as well in rl?

Last edited by winter45; 2010-06-05 at 01:13.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 00:54   Link #1682
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

for me, I love UC much more than other gundam series except maybe for SEED. But it's probably just Kira. If Kira died in DESTINY, I probably would have just hated SEED forever. Actually, the only gundams I truly liked were Strike, Freedom and Strike Freedom. So I guess I'm not a SEED Fan, just a Kira fan but we all know how bad it is to be one, right" But of course merely Kira doesn't make me like SEED, it's mostly the UC aspects to the world of SEED.

Anyway, I would be closer to a UC elitist probably. I dislike G-Gundam in general, there are some good parts but in general I dislike the super robot, hate Wing, hate Turn A, never finished X, and disliked a lot of the aspects of 00 although I still like it in general.

I love UC and yet I love SEED too. Now flame me.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 01:25   Link #1683
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post

* Winter45 pulls out a flamethrower...

seed and destiny as i said many times.. love the mechs and music... which kept my interest. As for story and characters, well... ive seen better..
Old 2010-06-05, 01:38   Link #1684
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
for me, I love UC much more than other gundam series except maybe for SEED. But it's probably just Kira. If Kira died in DESTINY, I probably would have just hated SEED forever. Actually, the only gundams I truly liked were Strike, Freedom and Strike Freedom. So I guess I'm not a SEED Fan, just a Kira fan but we all know how bad it is to be one, right" But of course merely Kira doesn't make me like SEED, it's mostly the UC aspects to the world of SEED.

Anyway, I would be closer to a UC elitist probably. I dislike G-Gundam in general, there are some good parts but in general I dislike the super robot, hate Wing, hate Turn A, never finished X, and disliked a lot of the aspects of 00 although I still like it in general.

And here I thought I was the only fan of the Strike Freedom.
Old 2010-06-05, 03:14   Link #1685
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Wow!!! you are making it sound like its only limited to UC fans.. you know how many CE fans who pout the same crap i have to deal with in forum, private message as well in rl?
Well, that's how I see it. Sad to hear you receive so many unpleasant messages. I have had my share of those, too. Care to count and check what kind of people tend to send those? I bet most of those SEED flamers have long history of "OMFGZ, I LOVE KIRA/ATHRUN/LACUS!" posts. Whilst most of UC fans who attack me tend to have consistent posts and seem to be statistically older, if one has to believe their forum age. That's what intrigues me most. I understand you claim that CE also disgrace themselves with condescdending acts, too. Yeah, sure. But I expect the UC fans to be more mature than that as it is what they try to represent: a deeper, more mature side of a Gundam fandom, right? So just stop barking back. Let the children have their fun instead of stripping them of all Gundam joy just because you think your Gundam is better. And if they cross the boundaries... well, we have moderators here... Especially that the only CE person who seems to be a public primitive troll is D-KLAC. and even I have my suspicions that his profile is some UC fan's flamethrower ;P

A'right, enough of that. Back to the topic of Destiny. As I stated before, I admit that when the series ended, I was seriously underwhelmed. But then Final plus dimmed the sour taste in my mouth a bit. And then the Special Editions came which practically fixed the problems I had with the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And here I thought I was the only fan of the Strike Freedom.
I thought so, too :P jk. Worry not. I seem to be the only hardcore Buster Gundam fan around. Imagine how lonely I feel
Old 2010-06-05, 03:47   Link #1686
winter45

Quote:
Well, that's how I see it. Sad to hear you receive so many unpleasant messages. I have had my share of those, too. Care to count and check what kind of people tend to send those? I bet most of those SEED flamers have long history of "OMFGZ, I LOVE KIRA/ATHRUN/LACUS!" posts. Whilst most of UC fans who attack me tend to have consistent posts and seem to be statistically older, if one has to believe their forum age. That's what intrigues me most. I understand you claim that CE also disgrace themselves with condescdending acts, too. Yeah, sure. But I expect the UC fans to be more mature than that as it is what they try to represent: a deeper, more mature side of a Gundam fandom, right? So just stop barking back. Let the children have their fun instead of stripping them of all Gundam joy just because you think your Gundam is better. And if they cross the boundaries... well, we have moderators here... Especially that the only CE person who seems to be a public primitive troll is D-KLAC. and even I have my suspicions that his profile is some UC fan's flamethrower ;P
I wont say who is right or wrong.. but the moment someone engages the conversation x is better than y then this whole angry debate starts.. Both UC and SEED fans are not innocent to this. But naturally if someone bags out a show someone likes.. they will jump in to defend it. Human nature.

As for *age* its irrelevant... met *MANY* immature people even at my age group and so many double my age. But using the forum as a basis to determine the representation of particular group is not the best way to determine a party of viewers, sadly enough those same age group of immature people you speak of are my age group in regards to supporting Seed.

For d-klac im still standing on my idea his actually a wing fan... but thats my speculation.
Old 2010-06-05, 04:30   Link #1687
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce

Quote:
Especially that the only CE person who seems to be a public primitive troll is D-KLAC. and even I have my suspicions that his profile is some UC fan's flamethrower ;P
I actually do agree with him being primitive troll because if I'm correct, he also commented on RandomCuriosity how Unicorn sucked because there was no Lacus or his beloved Chantal Strand in it.
Quote:
For d-klac im still standing on my idea his actually a wing fan... but thats my speculation.
I always thought he was the hardcore ignorant SEED fan from reading his posts.
Old 2010-06-05, 09:33   Link #1688
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Zwei View Post
I actually do agree with him being primitive troll because if I'm correct, he also commented on RandomCuriosity how Unicorn sucked because there was no Lacus or his beloved Chantal Strand in it.

I always thought he was the hardcore ignorant SEED fan from reading his posts.
Well I first thought that, but after a while the excess coupled with an elaborate yet repetitive pattern has made me wondering if all of that wasn't the doing of a mastermind troll.
Now I'm not sure anymore of what to think...

Regarding GSD, frankly it felt a little boring (and so much filled with stupidity), nonetheless there were a few entertaining things. I particularly found Meer interesting (as I found Fllay the most interesting character in Seed).
Old 2010-06-07, 02:52   Link #1689
Charred Knight

Quote:
And sadly people cant distinguish the difference between the two....

And for the record... anyone classifying me as UC elitist.. here are some info.. i loved wing, 00 and even g-gundam.. noticed they are unlike UC and more towards super robots?

*cough* EA, Blue cosmos *cough*

i guess u never seen group of soldiers in wartime have a small disgruntlement before?

*cough* Athrun disguising himeself as a bodyguard *cough*

Gundam has never been deep... what your confusing here is that UC tends to be deeper than CE but does not make UC deep at all. AS wingdarkness has mentioned its a commercial success. Even seed fans have a strong voice of disappointment in multiple aspects of second half gsd which is evident all over this thread, which this serie is catered for the seed fans.

Logos controls the Atlantic Federation and most of the EFA by corruption. It was actually an attack by the creators on how goverments care more about big business than the little people.

I may not know what soldiers in wartime act like, but I question if they get into fistfights at a drop of a hat. Who the hell keeps such lax discipline? I also question if these people would get into a fist fight for having a girly name?

Alex Dino was a parody of Quattro Bagina, notice how Athrun is discovered almost immediatly, and Gilbert whose played by Char's voice actor is the one who reveals it. Keep in mind that Gundam Seed Destiny was to Zeta Gundam like how SEED was to MSG.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 04:02   Link #1690
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Alex Dino was a parody of Quattro Bagina, notice how Athrun is discovered almost immediatly, and Gilbert whose played by Char's voice actor is the one who reveals it. Keep in mind that Gundam Seed Destiny was to Zeta Gundam like how SEED was to MSG.
There's this, and Kira having a MS underground.
Old 2010-06-07, 09:22   Link #1691
justavisitor

I like UC and AU, but if I have to pick the flaw from UC, I would say that UC pilots always go out of the cockpit for no reason at all..just ask Emma from zeta gundam
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 09:38   Link #1692
winter45

Quote:
Logos controls the Atlantic Federation and most of the EFA by corruption. It was actually an attack by the creators on how goverments care more about big business than the little people.
I wont deny this.. but still had stupid sub plots of mass genocide even if it does happen in RL its way too cliched, overdone and typical run by an emotional egotistical idiot that alot of countries have had civil wars or internal insurgents to attempt/or overthrow an idiot madman.

Quote:
I may not know what soldiers in wartime act like, but I question if they get into fistfights at a drop of a hat. Who the hell keeps such lax discipline? I also question if these people would get into a fist fight for having a girly name?
During wartime government tend to mass recruit people to create new ranks. So unfortunately in many cases youll have less professional soldiers or soldiers who arnt conditioned up to scratch. So if there is tension in the ranks this could quite happen.

Not to mention soldier or not.. camille is still immature.

Quote:
No offense but your the one who said it was quite silly and here u are stating the close comparison with zeta and seed. Quattrro is well known as Charr.. but with athrun... given he is a known ace pilot and served in zaft just wearing sunglasses with a bodyguard description.. im sure he is just an attention seeker.. This is just as silly as Quattro disguise.
Old 2010-06-08, 16:26   Link #1693
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

when something happens in UC, it is sooo real life, but when it happens in CE it is too cliche? How convenient
Old 2010-06-08, 20:35   Link #1694
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce

Quote:
when something happens in UC, it is sooo real life, but when it happens in CE it is too cliche? How convenient
Depends what you mean by something. The reason why I see UC being more realistic is because for a couple of reasons with one being it more militaristic and two, 08th MS Team.
Old 2010-06-08, 21:38   Link #1695
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

UC is more realistic because unlike in CE, there isn't a Three Ships Alliance faction that has the unmatched power in the form of Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala to defeat everybody else.

Even Amuro couldn't win an entire war by himself....well maybe in Nu Gundam. But in CE, Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala could probably take on both the entire force of ZAFT, EA, and ORB combined with their Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice and if there were any aces in any of those armies, watch Destiny Final Plus.....FLAWLESS VICTORY!

And besides 08th MS team was the most realistic Gundam ever and the pilots weren't aces. Actually in most of the gundam OVAS, the pilots aren't that good compared to series pilots.

And the closest CE has to 08th was Stargazer which I felt was pretty realistic in terms with the consideration that the technology is advanced enough to not have solid projectiles for the mobile suits. I mean even a 2nd Generation Gundam, the Blu Duel was taken down by those dog things and Gundams in any series are usually unbeatable by grunts but then again wasn't that there that guy who had his Gundam defeated by those ORB transformable suits? I don't remember in UC a gundam being taken down by grunts except for Amuro in the novel but that doesn't count.

EDIT:
I remembered in Stargazer that in the first episode that there was the guy who used a tank to take down a GINN, CE's Zaku but he died sadly.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 07:44   Link #1696
Nayim

Speaking of anti-Kira & Lacus, there something you need see this newtype magazine:

Kira is 4th place & Lacus 6th place, won in these top 10 favourite character, which mean fan still love them screw you western gundam fan, from now on i stick on Japan side lol-just kidding.
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 08:00   Link #1697
RisArk

They're using the SEED versions, though.

So that means.....

nap time?
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:31   Link #1698
justavisitor

how can UC be more realistic when z and zz gundam have the famous bio-sensor system...The O cannot move an inch because of those female ghosts...and nu gundam uses mental power to push back the giant rock...

It's true that UC universe has the unique characteristic to have different kind of shows...I think it's because UC is the first universe...therefore we can have 08th ms team and zz gundam share the same setting. if the writers are willing, I am sure they can create some "realistic" side story to AU as well

I think natural vs coordinator is a lot more realistic than old type vs new type (the ones who have super natural power)..my opinion, of course
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 17:44   Link #1699
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
how can UC be more realistic when z and zz gundam have the famous bio-sensor system...The O cannot move an inch because of those female ghosts...and nu gundam uses mental power to push back the giant rock...

It's true that UC universe has the unique characteristic to have different kind of shows...I think it's because UC is the first universe...therefore we can have 08th ms team and zz gundam share the same setting. if the writers are willing, I am sure they can create some "realistic" side story to AU as well

I think natural vs coordinator is a lot more realistic than old type vs new type (the ones who have super natural power)..my opinion, of course
Amen to that. They should get back to CE and make something akin in spirit to 8th MS team but more memorable characters and better story :P
Old 2010-06-09, 20:39   Link #1700
RisArk

Better supernatural powers that flow into realistic situations than the most fairytale battles since Power Rangers.

Amuro and Char, despite being Newtypes, struggled enough in war that it wasn't some major upset. Meanwhile you have 3 small ships and a few mobile suits completely dominating two large opposing armies, untouched, if you remember. Oh wait no, Pirate Matilda got her leg scratched. Can't forget that.

So the supernatural might make UC unrealistic by human standards, GSD is unrealistic by every logical progression of story and conflict about war.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote