AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-05, 20:00   Link #161
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
s****d Orihime should just go and wipe Uli from existence. just as he is about to deliver the final blow on Ichigo. that would be so bad but, just about acceptable. the Hime can go on a rampage and wipe out everything and he big jugs burst because of the power crazyness and she dies and everyone lives happly ever after.

lol..
* sarcastically*

Anyway back to the subject. I was hoping Soi fong would fight stark's fration is she didn't end up fighting halibel. I was in the mood for a good cat fight. Speaking of which, maybe Yourichi will show up and fight hailibel... Oh and if Oomaeda doesn't show some guts and whoop his opponent's a$$, I am forever putting him in MAQI's character hall of shame...

Last edited by MAQI; 2008-10-05 at 20:27.
Old 2008-10-05, 20:44   Link #162
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I hope Grimmjow comes back and helps Ichigo finish the fight with Ulquiorra. XD!
Old 2008-10-05, 20:51   Link #163
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
s****d Orihime should just go and wipe Uli from existence. just as he is about to deliver the final blow on Ichigo. that would be so bad but, just about acceptable. the Hime can go on a rampage and wipe out everything and he big jugs burst because of the power crazyness and she dies and everyone lives happly ever after.

lol..
with the exception of the whole boobs exploding thing I could possibly see the first part happening, kind of a thing of desperation, she's already lost one loved one, she wouldn't want to lose another.
Old 2008-10-05, 20:51   Link #164
Captain Roronoa Zoro

i want ichigo to lose... and if he does get help to defeat ulquioora hopefully his pride is hurt =D
Old 2008-10-05, 20:52   Link #165
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
No, really. Tell us how you really feel.
<insert lots of wtf and other explicitives here>

Old 2008-10-05, 20:53   Link #166
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
I hope Grimmjow comes back and helps Ichigo finish the fight with Ulquiorra. XD!
Yep, in the Chapter 327 thread, I called Grimmjow to be Ichigo's next ally, you backed me up...

I say for $50 on this; Who wants to bet on other calls?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-10-05, 21:09   Link #167
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

I think it makes sense. It's been a while since I read that part of the manga, but Ichigo was pretty beat up after fighting Grimmjow, and then, lots of other stuff happened, and Ichigo looked as fine as a feather when he got to Ulquiorra. When did he get healed?
Old 2008-10-05, 22:06   Link #168
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
I think it makes sense. It's been a while since I read that part of the manga, but Ichigo was pretty beat up after fighting Grimmjow, and then, lots of other stuff happened, and Ichigo looked as fine as a feather when he got to Ulquiorra. When did he get healed?
Orihime healed Ichigo while Kenpachi was fighting Noitora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
On the whole Ichigo Cero thing... isn't his Getsuga essentially a Cero blast?
i mean all a Cero blast is a massive blast of concentrated energy... That's basically what Ichigo's attack is except it comes for the his sword instead his mouth or hands and it fires out in a crescent shape... And the shape of a cero can vary like with coolhorn's attack

ok ya, maybe you wouldn't call Getsuga a Cero blast, but the principle of the attack is more or less the same... Would Ichigo using Cero actually make any real difference?
That's pretty much the way I feel. I don't think there's ever been a cero blast that's done any kind real damage during a fight. It's always pushed back, swatted aside, swallowed and spit back or just dodged. Cero's not that effective plus Getsuga tenshou looks cooler. But ever since Shinji used cero that one time I think everyone has wanted to see vizard Ichigo use it.

Old 2008-10-05, 23:07   Link #169
jelome1989

ok lets say Cero = Getsuga Tenshou

Granrey Cero = ?
Old 2008-10-05, 23:56   Link #170
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Orihime healed Ichigo while Kenpachi was fighting Noitora.
Yeah I went back and read that part of the manga. So I feel better knowing that Ichigo is at least going against Ulquiorra at 100%.
Old 2008-10-05, 23:59   Link #171
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelome1989 View Post
ok lets say Cero = Getsuga Tenshou

Granrey Cero = ?
Black Getsuga!
Old 2008-10-06, 01:54   Link #172
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
That's pretty much the way I feel. I don't think there's ever been a cero blast that's done any kind real damage during a fight. It's always pushed back, swatted aside, swallowed and spit back or just dodged. Cero's not that effective plus Getsuga tenshou looks cooler. But ever since Shinji used cero that one time I think everyone has wanted to see vizard Ichigo use it.
Well, whether or not Cero is useful in general is a moot point; can't really fault it for the times it failed in combat, i mean i think its more of a coincidence that each time it was used it was against someone who could deal with it; though i would fault Kubo for hyping it up as something powerful but never making it appear as such... all that really matters is whether it would be useful to Ichigo in particular... my point being, why would Ichigo use Cero when he has Getsuga?

Though granted, if their is a limit to how much power Ichigo can put into Getsuga, one could argue the possiblity that a cero blast might have less of a limit... as such a Cero from Ichigo could potentially be more powerful than his Getsuga... though that's a big if, since we don't know if their is such limits

Frankly, i think Ichigo would get a lot more use out of something like Yami's smaller blasts; the ones he used on Urahara... not very powerful, but simple and supposedly much faster than a Cero... might be good to get in a quick shot and create and opening during combat. Another thing that might be useful is something he can fire without the use of his hands like Cero from the mouth, or some kind of eye laser; locking swords with an enemy and blasting them from point blank is a classic and useful move
Old 2008-10-06, 01:59   Link #173
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

think the first time the Cero was more or less impressive was when a Menos appeared in Karakura Town when Ichigo still had his first sword
Old 2008-10-06, 02:12   Link #174
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Yeah I went back and read that part of the manga. So I feel better knowing that Ichigo is at least going against Ulquiorra at 100%.
I don't know about that 100% thing, though...His injuries may have been healed, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have run out of stamina or had a bout of fatigue after the Grimmjow fight...Unless he's just a machine that does hard labor for a living...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-10-06, 02:29   Link #175
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
I don't know about that 100% thing, though...His injuries may have been healed, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have run out of stamina or had a bout of fatigue after the Grimmjow fight...Unless he's just a machine that does hard labor for a living...
That's true, but given Orihime's healing is actually a form of time manipulation, it could be that she restores him not only to full health but also to full power.
Old 2008-10-06, 02:35   Link #176
jelome1989

Right Inoue included his "fatigue" to be "rejected"
Old 2008-10-06, 02:39   Link #177
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Another thing that might be useful is something he can fire without the use of his hands like Cero from the mouth, or some kind of eye laser; locking swords with an enemy and blasting them from point blank is a classic and useful move
Sorry dude, your post was awesome but I had to LOL at this part. The thought of Ichigo blasting laser beams out of his eyes in the middle of his fight is so... I dunno Cyclops of him hahahaha I think I'd have to stop watching Bleach at that point.
Old 2008-10-06, 07:13   Link #178
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Yep, in the Chapter 327 thread, I called Grimmjow to be Ichigo's next ally, you backed me up...

I say for $50 on this; Who wants to bet on other calls?
This would actually be nothing short of completely gay, and another deviation from the storyline of the original bleach theme.

Because HOLLOWS are supposed to be malignant creatures. They SHOULDN'T be personified. Nel is already a big hole in the theory of hollows being innately evil.

If they aren't innately evil, then who are the real villains in bleach? Why do shinigami evaporate hollows then? If a hollow can choose to go against its nature, and, express free will NOT to indiscriminately consume souls, then it kinda takes away form the original set up where they were explained as having to eat souls, and not being able t stop themselves.

I mean. What's next? Grimmjow joining soul society?

And then, let me guess: "Well, he's a half-shinigami already, so we're gonna send him out like other reapers, and he can vaporise hollows too!! Let's even make him a Captain!!"

This would be just twisted. Because then where do you draw the line between good and evil? Oda is constantly twisting and screwing with own storyline, and constantly just flecking it up.

He COULD have just LEFT the hollows alone to be evil, but noooo. No way. That would be...just right.

And we know Oda's record with 'just right'. A straight Zero. Well: Here's hoping for a new captain to raise the shinigami cpatain standard, anyway: seeing as how this is where the story is going:

I nominate: Ulquiorra, whom I predict will not actually be purified, but just be beaten within an inch of death.

Stark, whom I can't quite see as losing to Soul Soc, and neither can I really see going all out against it.

and Halibel. She just needs to join the Captaincy cos they need another serious, Byakuya-type. Honestly. The captains are like little children...god.

So if they are gonna have an arrancar convert to the god side, I'd say one of there three. For some reason, I don't quite stomach Grimmjow very well...

I say any one of these three is ten times better than any of those creeps from the 11th Div, like Ikkaku for instance...*shudder*.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-06, 07:19   Link #179
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
@Slayerx

I may be wrong, but I had in mind that physics of Cero and Getsuga Tenshou differ.
Since Getsuga Tenshou is basically rejatsu, concentrated and fired from the tip of the blade... while a Cero does not necessarily involve using your own rejatsu... I thought it is a gathering of energy like process... kinda like quincy arrows

this is implied by the cero animation, for example when Shinji used cero: you can clearly see red energy is drawn to shinji from the environment and then released

and such a thing you can't see when ichigo uses getsuga tenshou

... I think =P

Quote:
If they aren't innately evil, then who are the real villains in bleach?
The king of SS... Aizen isn't evil, but no one understands him =D
Old 2008-10-06, 07:20   Link #180
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
This would actually be nothing short of completely gay, and another deviation from the storyline of the original bleach theme.

Because HOLLOWS are supposed to be malignant creatures. They SHOULDN'T be personified. Nel is already a big hole in the theory of hollows being innately evil.
Arrancars are half Shinigami, so that pretty much covers the plot hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I mean. What's next? Grimmjow joining soul society?

And then, let me guess: "Well, he's a half-shinigami already, so we're gonna send him out like other reapers, and he can vaporise hollows too!! Let's even make him a Captain!!"
He's half hollow, there's no way they'd let him in. They don't let Vaizards in, now do they? It's the same deal to the SS.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga