AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-13, 10:13   Link #81
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepiraph View Post
Alto's passion for flying reminded me of Isamu Dyson, character-wise he is somewhat more prudent and cool-headed. I like the fact that he isn't your typical clueless male when he is with Sheryl and Ranka. In fact, that's one of the reasons why Sheryl likes Alto, because he acts quite natural with her.
He treats them nice, keeps it respectful, and isn't awkward to be around. He's casual and listens to them, takes in whatever they have to give, and doesn't exaggerate his responses. He doesn't nitpick.
Old 2008-05-13, 10:55   Link #82
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
You think the fact he looks like a girl helps them feel comfortable talking to him? The first episode seemed to imply that with Ranka.
It's probably a bit of an icebreaker in Ranka's case, but I don't know if it'd affect any of his other relationships.

I doubt it for Sheryl; she's not really a character who seems to care what anyone else looks like. Klein Klan and Cathy haven't shown that they particularly care, and the only other girl that Alto's shown to have any interaction is Nanase - and they've known each other before the show started.
Old 2008-05-16, 06:08   Link #83
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

I think we should start counting how many VF-25s Alto piloted were wrecked.
Old 2008-05-16, 06:20   Link #84
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
I think we should start counting how many VF-25s Alto piloted were wrecked.
good idea. At current rate, Alto would soon surpass Hikaru in breaking variable fighters.
Old 2008-05-16, 07:48   Link #85
ReddyRedWolf

Wonder if those things come out his pay check.
Old 2008-05-16, 15:10   Link #86
Wesley84

Hard to say if the one from the training exercise was totalled or not.
Old 2008-05-16, 15:15   Link #87
ReddyRedWolf

An arm (still a civvy), a leg ("trainning exercise with a Vajra") and now an entire VF-25.

As Ozma said that thing is expensive.
Old 2008-05-16, 15:19   Link #88
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
An arm (still a civvy), a leg ("trainning exercise with a Vajra") and now an entire VF-25.

As Ozma said that thing is expensive.
It's just his way of asking for a custom rig.
Old 2008-05-16, 17:56   Link #89
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
And that VF wasn't his to begin with too. I do wish he'd get a customize VF for himself. Or at least have his VF custom painted.
Old 2008-05-17, 02:28   Link #90
Pathis87

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
And that VF wasn't his to begin with too. I do wish he'd get a customize VF for himself. Or at least have his VF custom painted.
Lol don't think he will get it custom painted , cause that Bobby would so spray "hime" on it in pink

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Old 2008-05-19, 12:19   Link #91
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

While Alto's great as a Valk pilot in Gerwalk and fighter mode, I kinda think he's only average at best in battleroid mode. This could be the fact the he was way more experiance flying than ground combat.
Old 2008-05-19, 16:59   Link #92
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
While Alto's great as a Valk pilot in Gerwalk and fighter mode, I kinda think he's only average at best in battleroid mode. This could be the fact the he was way more experiance flying than ground combat.
As far as I am concerned, the 'princess' is still in training. We will have to see how his character develops. His inability to hold against two smaller Vajras in a closed compartment is not a testimony of his 'less-than-desirable' battroid skills. The odds were against him, the terrain, the units, everything. Otherwise, he held up pretty well against Quran during the training as battroid. In fact, he was shot while in fighter mode.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-19, 18:11   Link #93
4Tran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
As a rule, there isn't a whole lot of leeway for customization in the Macross shows. Macross Frontier already pulls off as much as we normally see with Alto in a standard configuration (white), Ozma in a commander setup (grey), Michel as long-range support (blue) and Luca as communications and sensors (green). I expect Alto to close out the show with the same model white VF-25 that he's used all along. The obvious exception to all of this is Macross 7, but it doesn't count for all sorts of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
As far as I am concerned, the 'princess' is still in training. We will have to see how his character develops. His inability to hold against two smaller Vajras in a closed compartment is not a testimony of his 'less-than-desirable' battroid skills. The odds were against him, the terrain, the units, everything. Otherwise, he held up pretty well against Quran during the training as battroid. In fact, he was shot while in fighter mode.
I think that the more telling point is that it's Alto's inexperience and recklessness that led to him getting shot up so much. I wouldn't be surprised it it ends up being the reason he gets chewed up next. I also expect that he'll get shot up another time or two before Macross Frontier is over.
Old 2008-05-20, 17:13   Link #94
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's true he does seem to have problems paying attention. Though I suppose it's impossible to stay 100% focused, 100% pf the time.
Old 2008-05-31, 22:03   Link #95
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

After watching 9 episodes, I think the voice acting of Altoh is mediocre. Ranka Lee hasn't been great either but Altoh probably the weakest compared to other lead male voice actors from other anime series.

Altoh's character design is also a bit shallow, but I will give it some time to develop.. but perhaps its pretty common the most popular character is usually not the main one.

I'm guessing most people are fans of either Sheryl or Ranka, followed by Ozama and then maybe Mikhail.
Old 2008-05-31, 22:28   Link #96
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
After watching 9 episodes, I think the voice acting of Altoh is mediocre. Ranka Lee hasn't been great either but Altoh probably the weakest compared to other lead male voice actors from other anime series.
Could you provide at least an example? Because I think Nakamura is doing a good job on him. As for Ranka's voice, that is mostly deliberate. Her role was intended to be played by an amateur. Ranka Lee's voice would be Nakajima's first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I'm guessing most people are fans of either Sheryl or Ranka, followed by Ozama and then maybe Mikhail.
It would appear that folks over at the Chinese forums are rabid fanboys of Sheryl. Personally, I am more of a Quran Quran fan myself. Then again, I am also a Milia fan...

- Tak
Old 2008-06-01, 12:29   Link #97
Westlo
Lets be reality

Alto's kinda been a blank slate atm, especially compared to Sheryl and to a lesser extent Ranka. I think Nakamura has also done a fine job but he just hasn't been given much to work with yet since all Alto seems to do so far is yell and blow stuff up, or get annoyed by Sheryl/Michael and yell at them.

Alto/Nakamura should get more shine once it gets into the details with his father as well as when the love triangle starts to really move.
Old 2008-06-01, 12:36   Link #98
Wesley84

It was hinted at that he's just going with the flow right now. He's not doing anything for himself or for the long term.
Old 2008-06-01, 23:50   Link #99
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Could you provide at least an example? Because I think Nakamura is doing a good job on him. As for Ranka's voice, that is mostly deliberate. Her role was intended to be played by an amateur. Ranka Lee's voice would be Nakajima's first.

It would appear that folks over at the Chinese forums are rabid fanboys of Sheryl. Personally, I am more of a Quran Quran fan myself. Then again, I am also a Milia fan...

- Tak
If you listen to Nakamura's tone, he sounds a bit too old for a 17 yr old boy. Especially in Ep 9, Altoh is either yelling or he's acting as snobbish as Kanda from D.Grayman.

Can't blame him too much, Altoh is a pretty boring character so far.
Old 2008-06-02, 02:38   Link #100
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

There's nothing wrong for a character to sound older than they are, especially if it's a matter of their circumstances. I never would have imagined that Sheryl was really 17 until she started spending time around Alto, but that's simply a consequence of growing up too fast. Likewise, if Alto was on the stage from age 10, it's not surprising that he would have had to have matured fairly early. There's also the issue of having run away from home; he would have had to have learned to fend for himself much earlier.

From the earlier episodes, Alto clearly feels like he has a lot to prove. I suspect that part of his confrontation with Michael in episode nine resulted from the statement that Alto is 'playing war'. Seeing how upset Alto was over his inability to do anything while trapped in episode three, it's not surprising that it's a sensitive issue for him.
Closed Thread