AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-10, 20:04   Link #24741
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Considering how much of a racist bunch fairy tail are[...]
I don't want to nitpick, but it should be Fairy Tale

"Fairy Tail" only exists in another particular manga, both as the title of the manga and as the name of one certain organization within the manga. Aside from that it is always "Fairy Tale"
Old 2013-12-10, 20:11   Link #24742
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
How is this story a "struggle between humans and monsters"? Everything I saw until now indicates that "monsters > humans" in every way when it comes to violence. It is no surprise though... "humanity is incompetent" is a widely used trope on such stories (see: Hellsing, Van Helsing, Blade etc.)
Yes, it's true. We will kill ourselves to ensure that we win in the end. That's why Alucard wants to be killed by an 'extraordinary human'. We all know humanity is incompetent as a whole - it's the special ones that are born that really move and shake things up. Those are the ones that stand out.

Tsukune is still considered 'human' because he has the 'heart of a human'. Everyone can call him a 'monster' now but it will eventually fall back to what Akasha was - a monster on the side of the humans.
Old 2013-12-10, 23:05   Link #24743
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Yes, it's true. We will kill ourselves to ensure that we win in the end. That's why Alucard wants to be killed by an 'extraordinary human'. We all know humanity is incompetent as a whole - it's the special ones that are born that really move and shake things up. Those are the ones that stand out.

Tsukune is still considered 'human' because he has the 'heart of a human'. Everyone can call him a 'monster' now but it will eventually fall back to what Akasha was - a monster on the side of the humans.
Not exactly humanity isn't incompetent as a whole just played to be incompetent in most fiction then again if we aren't played that way we lose certain naive moral bit in warhammer 40k humanity are played not incompetent but we are also damn near villainous considering that humans in that fiction have eradicated entire planets and species.

as for special ones i don't believe in that at all no such thing as special.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:16   Link #24744
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...hm, perhaps I should have provided my own salt for the taking with my post... Ah well.

As for 'special', some might call it 'unique character traits' or some other label but, in lieu of the manga: Not many humans could have done what Tsukune has done so far. Tropes and Plot Armor/Hax/etc aside, even among the 'nice guy/harem hero' protags, Tsukune stands out in a positive way. Pick any 'Joe' off the street and there's little chance that many would have gotten past the 2nd day in Youkai Gakuen. It doesn't make them pathetic; just that they weren't lucky/ready/able to adjust.

I mean by humanity as being pathetic is that when left to a mob mentality, more than likely, humanity will choose the easier, less intrusive, passive way out until forced into a corner where doing either option will result in death.
Old 2013-12-11, 20:03   Link #24745
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Maybe Tsukune is also a case of "at the right place, in the right time". I mean he could be an average human seeing alucard from the window of his home, starting to panic.
Old 2013-12-11, 20:41   Link #24746
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
For those who remember us calling him Issa "Daddy Starbucks" Shuzen, I present this: http://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/h...10544261_n.png
Old 2013-12-12, 13:10   Link #24747
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
For those who remember us calling him Issa "Daddy Starbucks" Shuzen, I present this: http://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/h...10544261_n.png
LOL, oh boy, that certainly puts things in a new light... XDD

Great find, GrrDraxin.

Would Issa be that egotistical to create an army of 200,000 'daughters'...
... Hard to say...
Old 2013-12-12, 14:08   Link #24748
GrrDraxin

Well not 200,000, but do recall that I think it was mentioned that its not really easy for vampires to produce offspring, at least the females. Which is why I believe that Akasha only birthed Moka, in her 200+ known years of life. Though granted that 160 of those were spent inside Alucard the first time. But that doesn't discount however many years prior to that, that she's been alive to have any kids at that time either.

But, follow the trend of the bull and Issa, having all daughters is probably not a coincidence. On the other hand, It may have been one after all, but to connect the dots in this issue and arriving at the same place via seemingly unrelated subjects, is unusual and amazing. It kind of feels like crazy troll logic at work here.
Old 2013-12-18, 13:20   Link #24749
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
just a thing: manmade virus.
Really. Do you really think a virus couldn't mutate to infect humans as well?

Monsters and humans are virtually identical, save the fact that monsters are youki producing dynamos of power. Its not that hard for Zoogenisis to occur.

Unlikely in this manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post

Oye. Welp, thats one for the books!
Old 2013-12-18, 15:12   Link #24750
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Really. Do you really think a virus couldn't mutate to infect humans as well?

Monsters and humans are virtually identical, save the fact that monsters are youki producing dynamos of power. Its not that hard for Zoogenisis to occur.

Unlikely in this manga.

Oye. Welp, thats one for the books!
Give genetic proof that humans and yokai are genetical identical in the manga, or quote where it was said. Yokais are a completly different race from normal humans and unless the virus infects first the half humans and only then the humans , and even then there are no proofs that the virus could infect humans. And if it is the last chance the humans could have against youkais they would surely use it without thinking twice.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 15:16   Link #24751
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Give genetic proof that humans and yokai are genetical identical in the manga, or quote where it was said. Yokais are a completly different race from normal humans and unless the virus infects first the half humans and only then the humans , and even then there are no proofs that the virus could infect humans. And if it is the last chance the humans could have against youkais they would surely use it without thinking twice.
Well if there aim to "we may lose but they won't win scenario" then yeah. This is mainly the final scenario in whihc our defeat is inevitable all we can do is take them with us

as for human closeness only vampires, witches and succubi qualify in that mainly due to there natural forms being human like not giant monster like yukki onna perhaps but there made of ice so it hard to determine
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2013-12-18, 15:55   Link #24752
Tachibana
タチバナ

I just thought about something, what if Akua and co. not only transferred their knowledge and powers to Tsukune, but also their techniques as well.

I've considered this possibility, what do yall think?
Old 2013-12-18, 16:05   Link #24753
darkofficer
just a devil

That would be awesome
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 16:14   Link #24754
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Well, vampires are close enough to humans to give them their blood while yuki-onna (at least according to Mizore) can crossbreed with humans.
Old 2013-12-18, 16:14   Link #24755
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
That would be awesome
Indeed it would, but there is also the possbility that the techniques that Tsukune could have inherited are limited since his friends only have abilities and techniques that are unique only to their race. At best he would only inherit youjutsu and martial arts techniques. So the only individuals who would be compatible is Akua and Fong-Fong.
Old 2013-12-18, 16:18   Link #24756
Yorae_paladin1

tsukune would only inherit vampire techniques and powers other he would have to learn and practice and get something like gyokuros copy power

Old 2013-12-18, 16:30   Link #24757
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
tsukune would only inherit vampire techniques and powers other he would have to learn and practice and get something like gyokuros copy power
Indeed, but he would also inherit youjutsu techniques since he is a youjutsu user.
Old 2013-12-18, 17:58   Link #24758
darkofficer
just a devil

i actually read a fanfic where he got the powers of the other girls was pretty fun.

but wouldn't he also learn some witch techniques ??
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 18:00   Link #24759
GrrDraxin

Well, if you want to see how it would be if tsukune could inherit more than just techniques, just read a fanfic called "Here In My Arms" and get a brainful of that kind of vision. though much the way it's done is different, the end result sounds like your question, though minus Akua from that as she doesn't make an appearance in it. But Kokoa benefits with a bit of a back-feed and starts to mature her power a bit.
Old 2013-12-18, 20:06   Link #24760
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

^
Just to note, Akua does make an appearance, but it is rather late in the fic, and extrapolated on what might have been, because she was designed at a time when all we had was a name and silhouette from when Moka was 10... It is one of my favorite reads, and I have it on my computer so I can snark make comments after each new chapter reveal. Wish Sabr would hurry up and write more

And now on topic - Why are there Hollows in my Vampire manga?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire