AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-11-28, 00:28   Link #481
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Welcome to capitalism in goverment. Or actually..welcome to the world. You can't just blame the U.S. Government for being like that.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 02:00   Link #482
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Or rather, read it, understood it, but didn't change it. Remember, green is a universal language
Well, most congressmen, when alerted to specific issues in the bill, had to admit they hadn't read it nor their staff. It *was* shoved through right before holiday and the dominant party at the time gave almost no chance for even their own congressmen to read it. Also many of the nasty parts were added during those night time 'add a bits' that screw up so many of our laws in general in favor of small wealthy interest groups.

Now... have they made it a mandate to fix it? A significant number have but "oddly" it seems to get tabled by other diversions like fighting over funding, the war, the debt, energy issues.... ad infinitum.
Old 2007-11-30, 23:31   Link #483
Kakiray

I got a letter from them about Gundam 00 ep 06 last week and today i got another letter but it was for something completely unrelated to anime (a psp iso)
Kakiray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 09:54   Link #484
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

I'm starting work on some special shiny hats made from something called tin that I'm sure will help keep me safe!
Old 2007-12-01, 10:11   Link #485
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd line the tin with a copper underlay for more complete protection, then there's a nice battery effect.
Old 2007-12-01, 11:56   Link #486
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Can I have one in gold? I know it would be dense and heavy, but I could pay off my court case with it.
Old 2007-12-01, 17:47   Link #487
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

I'd have trouble getting the raw material for a gold one, but I can paint one gold and market it off as real can't I?

Hmm, if I go with the copper underlay, maybe I should put some aluminum wings on too...
Old 2007-12-02, 02:30   Link #488
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

As interesting as it might be, how about we make one from on-topic material instead I really don't want this of all topics to go astray
Old 2007-12-02, 03:25   Link #489
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

Originally I'd posted it as a subtle dig at the ridiculous actions of lots of different people involved in this issue from both sides by 'protecting' myself with such an obviously ridiculous piece of gear.

Plus I think everyone needs an occassional tension release through humour with important issues or risk getting over emotional or bogged down.

But yes, I shall restrain myself
Old 2007-12-11, 18:30   Link #490
ookamikun

Comcast have been doing this to their users for a while now.
Switch to Verizon, their policy is that what their users are doing is nobody else's business.
ookamikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 18:55   Link #491
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You can only switch if that's a "choice" ... it isn't really a free market out there, its a regulated monopoly. Many people only have one choice for broadband.
Old 2007-12-11, 19:16   Link #492
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah that is one of the problems a lot have. My place has only one fast internet and that is Cox cable internet. So glad they really don't care.
Old 2007-12-11, 20:15   Link #493
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Same here, Cox has been really good ever since I got them years back, they don't care about bandwith usage and all that.
Old 2007-12-14, 05:32   Link #494
Demonplight

you know that I often wonder if there is a better way. bandwidth is getting cheaper every day. and with vista's loving DRM it is only a matter of time before we see huge issues. is there a way that the fans can actually buy the rights to a dubed anime? and host it with ads placed into the media, like little banners along the bottom, and stream it. so that say target gets to advertise, and we get the anime we want when we want it? if for example ADV decided to do that, and put some effort into it they wouln't even have to put it on disk. cut out the middle man, and make more money. eeh if I had the resources I would do it. and even charge a little like $3 a month just to help with the bandwidth cost. look at ask a ninja, they get more views than alot of TV shows, and now they put advertisements on it. it would be win win. if it works you could enter into a contract where the bill was added to your Internet charge, or cell phone bill. it could work. and since it would be streaming, it would be protected. use a divix format for compression, and bam. they could even help keep small children from seeing things that parents wouldn't allow. but allow use to choose sub, dub, cut ,uncut. allow fans to sub it since they seem to be faster, and then they could host it for them for free.
well this is my idea at least.
Demonplight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 11:18   Link #495
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its not a *terrible* idea... the real problem is that the industry is in paralysis because they're *used* to the Old Traditional Business Model. Its comfortable and they don't want to change even though they're obviously bleeding to death. So they're trying to stop or delay disruptive technologies .... at least until on an individual level they can happily retire.

Disruptive technology has *always* made some powerful status quo group unhappy and resistant. When you're a whale oil consortium and the towns are all replacing their whale oil lamps with electricity or natural gas --- do you adapt and evolve or fight the changes both in the market and by corrupting the politicians?
Old 2008-06-01, 12:19   Link #496
fsg316

I dumped comcast a long time ago as I was sick and tired of their customer service.

Never liked how they restricted BT. Most of my friends and I have boycotted them since, as I am a big supporter of net neutrality. It would not surprise me that they've now become a running dog and messenger boy.

Support Network Neutrality!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network..._United_States
fsg316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 00:15   Link #497
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Youtube hosed my account for the mini reaper bit in Zombie loan then after a month and 2 emails told be to send the counter notice to their UK email.

Really sucks I had 20 UT mod videos on my YT account, really what is the definition of a clip that is protected under fair use laws?

Or is it vuage enough as so CP owners can troll and harass people over?

Last edited by ZippyDSM; 2008-07-25 at 23:51. Reason: ZOMG!!spelling/grammar, it no haz me!
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 03:41   Link #498
espeon

Send a message via ICQ to espeon Send a message via MSN to espeon
Yeah Shugo Chara is a trap. Got my stupid letter in the e-mail. Sent a e-mail back say I'll remove it for now.. But until it's licensed the can go screw them selves.
espeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 07:58   Link #499
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Technically isn't it licensed by Crunchyroll?
Old 2010-12-21, 14:09   Link #500
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Technically, you can check out what is licensed or not by reviewing the Animesuki listings. Its rare that a licensing gets missed by it.

Things that are licensed denote a much higher risk to acquire by torrent. There are other paths to take, eh?

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-12-21 at 23:25.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote