Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-03-14, 05:43   Link #281
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
despite what the spoilers said, after reading this chapter, im left with the conclusion that itachi did not lose consciousness just as he was about to take his eyes, but tapped him on the head like he used to when they were kids. is this the 100th time this has been said lol?
That was a nice touch by Kishimoto.

I don't know I have mixed feelings about this whole fight. It seems as though Itachi got taxed by his own MS jutsu more so than Sasuke overpowering him.

Sasuke broke out of Tsukiyomi. It taxed Itachi's strength.

He managed to hit his leg with a Windmill Shuriken which Zetsu said was a byproduct of being drained from using Tsukiyomi.

He barely survived Amaterasu.

Then he used that bad ass Kirin jutsu that could have killed Itachi but it was blocked by Susanoo.

Susanoo appears to have drained Itachi of his last strength. Sasuke seems to have just outlasted Itachi rather than defeat him dominantly, if infact he is the winner of this battle.

What now? Is Zetsu going to let Sasuke finish off an unconscious Itachi? Sasuke himself is practically defenseless aside from possibly having a few explosive kunai up his sleeve.
Old 2008-03-14, 05:53   Link #282
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
That was a nice touch by Kishimoto.

I don't know I have mixed feelings about this whole fight. It seems as though Itachi got taxed by his own MS jutsu more so than Sasuke overpowering him.

Sasuke broke out of Tsukiyomi. It taxed Itachi's strength.

He managed to hit his leg with a Windmill Shuriken which Zetsu said was a byproduct of being drained from using Tsukiyomi.

He barely survived Amaterasu.

Then he used that bad ass Kirin jutsu that could have killed Itachi but it was blocked by Susanoo.

Susanoo appears to have drained Itachi of his last strength. Sasuke seems to have just outlasted Itachi rather than defeat him dominantly, if infact he is the winner of this battle.

What now? Is Zetsu going to let Sasuke finish off an unconscious Itachi? Sasuke himself is practically defenseless aside from possibly having a few explosive kunai up his sleeve.
Their both out of chakra just that itachi is mor eout of chakra and limited to his weak body then sasuke. cuz one fell and was is standing. Also they both went out just that none of their stuff really made a finishing blow. If itachi still had the strength with his last jutsu sasuke would be dead meat.

my geuss is kishi aint gonna just let zetsu come in and kill sasuke that be weird cuz then id be like why not help itachi earlier. I geuss sasuke will somehow feel different about itachi cuz he tapped him on the head. if he aint dead im sure as hell he aint gonna kill him not after that last scene
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 05:59   Link #283
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Wow I have to say. This battle was pretty anti-climatic, but I have say I'm excited as hell to see what will happen next.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 07:20   Link #284
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Anticlimactic? After ALL those insane jutsus? I think it was a matter of course. It couldn't have gone much crazier. Unless of course, Orochimaru tricked Itachi into death.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 08:39   Link #285
tatami
back in black

ok this is what will happen :

oro will try to take one of the bodies , either sasuke or itachi...

I dont think he will take sasukes somehow the little brother avoid it and oro will take itachi ,who is blind and escape for the moment (zetsu may involve in this matter)

this way , oro is back on track , itachi is perished , oro couldnt reach his goal of having sharingan and everybody is happy.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 08:44   Link #286
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
ok this is what will happen :

oro will try to take one of the bodies , either sasuke or itachi...

I dont think he will take sasukes somehow the little brother avoid it and oro will take itachi ,who is blind and escape for the moment (zetsu may involve in this matter)

this way , oro is back on track , itachi is perished , oro couldnt reach his goal of having sharingan and everybody is happy.
everybody except the billions fans of the Manga "Naruto"(sry should i call it by Sasuke now?)
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 08:54   Link #287
nitteo
blah blah blah

Sorry Sasuke Fans but this victory is not his alone: Oro helped him ALOT. Nice way for the arch-villain to re-appear again. We all knew that Oro's death was a "crappy" death,. Now we know he "let" Sauske win so he can hide himself to get to Itachi. Oro knew all along that Sasuke wanted to kill Itachi, he was just waiting for the chance. All the snakes STILL running around the battle indicates Oro is still there. Like a GREAT scavenger, Oro will now take Itachi's body and be THE most wanted villain (apart from Madara.)

Oro will now have 2 legendary swords + sharingan (maybe all 3 MS jutsus) + Snake Summons...scary.
nitteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:09   Link #288
kodok_balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitteo View Post
Sorry Sasuke Fans but this victory is not his alone: Oro helped him ALOT. Nice way for the arch-villain to re-appear again. We all knew that Oro's death was a "crappy" death,. Now we know he "let" Sauske win so he can hide himself to get to Itachi. Oro knew all along that Sasuke wanted to kill Itachi, he was just waiting for the chance. All the snakes STILL running around the battle indicates Oro is still there. Like a GREAT scavenger, Oro will now take Itachi's body and be THE most wanted villain (apart from Madara.)

Oro will now have 2 legendary swords + sharingan (maybe all 3 MS jutsus) + Snake Summons...scary.
you know what... that was what i've thought for sooo loong.. and to see the story development so far.. it's look like a dream come true.
and i think that dream is 80% away from become reality. except one.. i think oro is made a mistake by taking itachi's body. coz itachi is already blind...
and you know what. i have a strong feeling that oro is responsible for itachi's collapse. maybe he was poisoned by oro....
kodok_balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:19   Link #289
Mists

the facts must be stated:

It is not 100% sure Itachi is dead

The snake is next to (or under) Sasuke and Itachi, that's all, for all we know Itachi could rise up next chapter.

But yeah, Susanoo really does suck, I thought it was armor in itself, did it use the shield against the lightning?

So much for Sasuke's quest for using cheap upgrades for power in which is what CS and CS2 stood for. I guess Susanoo must've sucked it out. I didn't really understand the point of Susanoo vs Sasuke, was it just supposed to scare him? Or was it just used as defense, because Susanoo didn't do anything offensive vs Sas.

I don't get why Itachi mumbled the way he did so that we don't understand. That would mean Sasuke doesn't understand either unless he had super hearing. I mean it would've been better if it was a whispered scene, but it looked like Itachi was just mumbling to himself.

Kishi is losing it! As I mentioned so many times...

I wonder if we'll ever see team battles again like Kakashi's team vs Zabuza, or the beginning of save Sasuke vs the sound nin or even Nar & Kakashi vs Clone Itachi. I much more enjoy those 'teamwork' battles which seemed more prevelant in pt 1. But pt 1 was all about team work anyway...now it's about fighting and splitting up.....

Though if we could go back to Konoha vs Tobi...

Edit: On a side note, Bleach is much more exciting right now.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:28   Link #290
Khalilnaruske
Itachi and Pein Fanboy

My guess is Pein might have come in and killed Itachi to keep him away from Sasuke's eyes. Not probable, but possible.
Old 2008-03-14, 09:36   Link #291
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
But yeah, Susanoo really does suck, I thought it was armor in itself, did it use the shield against the lightning?
Yeah it was the shield, but Why would you say Susanno suck when its basically a Jutsu that deflects any Attack and have a sword that seals away a person?. Susanno should be considered as the strongest Jutsu shown so far in the manga.

Quote:
I wonder if we'll ever see team battles again like Kakashi's team vs Zabuza, or the beginning of save Sasuke vs the sound nin or even Nar & Kakashi vs Clone Itachi. I much more enjoy those 'teamwork' battles which seemed more prevelant in pt 1. But pt 1 was all about team work anyway...now it's about fighting and splitting up.....

Though if we could go back to Konoha vs Tobi...
What are you talking about? Part 2 has been all about team battles, whereas in part 1 you had a lot of individual battles thanks to the 2 tournaments that were made.

Quote:
Edit: On a side note, Bleach is much more exciting right now.
A purely subjective remark.

Either way, the fight is over, Sauske is left with both his eyes intact, but here comes the question from Sasuke’s part, after what happened to him against Itachi, Would he ponder once again to gain the MS for the sake of completing his revenge? After all, Sasuke lost his Oro’s power, and doesn’t have the MS- and he is no Shodai.

What is going to be Sasuke decision now?

Itachi can’t be left alive with such ridiculous overpowered Jutsu, he cant be left wondering around, but his death suit him well, he lust so much for that power that he became a psychopath and got a hunger for power, dying at the last moment to grab power is really a hard thing, just inches away from your price and you can’t continue, that’s the worst feeling.
Old 2008-03-14, 09:37   Link #292
ThoHell

Ok.....I expected something like that would happen in the fight between Sasuke and Itachi, but it really happened......lame......
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:41   Link #293
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Yeah it was the shield, but Why would you say Susanno suck when its basically a Jutsu that deflects any Attack and have a sword that seals away a person?. Susanno should be considered as the strongest Jutsu shown so far in the manga.

Which shows you how power madara is going to be, obviousl susano will not hurt him or else itachi would have considered himself stronger that madara. so madara is a justsu(s) that are even crazier than susanno....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:44   Link #294
naruto89

the cursed seal is gone goodbye to the haxx chakra withdrawer !
Spoiler for pic:
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:46   Link #295
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
So we can safely say those snakes were oro? Man I wish that guy was dead already. As far as Susanno maybe itachi was just showing sasuke what could happen if he had those powers? I kinda feel like sasuke is going to get those powers but the right way instead of the wrong way. And the "right" way probally is alot stronger iono can't wait till next chapter though.

edit. oh yea was it me or did itachi have the CS marks on his arm when he was on the ground
MrCapcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:46   Link #296
Salt
the cynic

All of us should relax a little. We don't know why Itachi fainted/died yet.
Either way, it appears Sasuke got what he wanted, Itachi is down for the count.

We just have to wait for next week to find out what up with Itachi and what Sasuke plans to do.
Old 2008-03-14, 09:54   Link #297
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
All of us should relax a little. We don't know why Itachi fainted/died yet.
Either way, it appears Sasuke got what he wanted, Itachi is down for the count.

We just have to wait for next week to find out what up with Itachi and what Sasuke plans to do.
you are a wise guy.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 10:08   Link #298
Slave0fLife
O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
despite what the spoilers said, after reading this chapter, im left with the conclusion that itachi did not lose consciousness just as he was about to take his eyes, but tapped him on the head like he used to when they were kids. is this the 100th time this has been said lol?
I don't know if I'm being influenced by standard hollywood-like movies or other manga, but I think I'd be happy with an ending like that - to me it would mean that Itachi predicted how the fight would go, and be like a martyr, maybe so Sasuke would get the Mangekyou Sharingan (we know killing a friend is one way to activate it, but maybe brother-kill-brother is another way) and try to defeat Madara. Reading this again, it kind of remembered me of Metal Gear 3,
Spoiler for MG3:

Lol, rereading my post, I think I am really being influenced, but what the hell

Last edited by Slave0fLife; 2008-03-14 at 10:09. Reason: grammar correction
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 10:38   Link #299
Zico

3-4 years ago i said there had to be something more to Itachi, and that it'd be revealed right before he died at the hands of Sasuke. Something that showed a shred of decensy and good that would make Sasuke have mixed feelings about what just happened. Regardless, even if you have a brother who's an insane coldblooded murderer, in the end i think most people would have very mixed feelings about his death. It'll mean the end of the last actual bit of family he had, no matter how evil, it's still a bond, even if it's a very bad one, it's still someone who you share a whole lot with, it's almost like looking in a mirror. Also, I have a feeling whatever it is, has something to do with what Itachi wanted to discuss with Naruto.

Also, why would Sasuke suddenly lose the cursed seal? And if he's really lost orochimaru and his fast healing abilities have vanished, seeing how he struggled against a very weakened itachi and almost got killed by Deidara, he's not going to have an easy time in the future.
Zico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 10:45   Link #300
ShikaShika
無罪

There's certainly something fishy about Itachi's loss of conscience (if he had died it would have clearly said so, but it didn't), at least those are the hints we get from Kishimoto's narration. "A sudden end to the desperate fight? Why?" That would suggest outside factors, and the snake is very suggestive as it's seen slithering around the chapter for no other reason than perhaps a setup for some kind of Orochimaru-related revelation next week?

Whatever happens I don't think Itachi will be back in the way we know him, the forehead poking I'm sure has long been designed as his exit from the main storylines. (And a nice touch it is.)
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote