Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-28, 03:46   Link #41
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, we already know that Kuma puts his Bible away when he fights, and he has been fihting since the second he landed on the island. So, it is still possible that the Pacifista fighting/that fought Kidd and Law was in fact Kuma (it is a little hard to argue the robotic nature of a the Pacifista that encountered Law simply because he said Law's name).

Added to that, Kuma did repeat the various Strawhat names (after he was assigned the task of defeating them) on Thriller Bark (483-484), so the fact that the Pacifista identified its target as Law does not mean anything.
The problem I have with this is if the pacifista that Kidd and Law were fighting against was indeed the real Kuma, it would mean that they were both defeated by him or that he let them go, both of which seem very unlikely. We know with an almost 100% certainty that Kidd and Law are both going to make it to the New World considering that they vowed to Luffy they would see each other again over there. And yes, I do know that Kuma puts away his Bible when he fights, however, whenever he makes his entrances/appearances, he always carries his Bible. The pacifista that appeared before Kidd and Law did not carry a Bible before the fight even commenced.

Regarding Kuma saying the strawhat's names on Thriller Bark, this is true, but he also did say something else right after each of their names. So far all of the other pacifistas have simply said the names of their targets and nothing else at all.
Old 2008-08-28, 04:09   Link #42
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Anyone elses not wondering why Kuma is here in a time like this? Shichibukai is one thing but it was a damn Admiral they sent on island.No matter what happens he should've give the punishment to pirates that defeated the nobles and head back to HQ...And now theyre sending 2-3 pacifista+Sentoumaru to watch them over and original Kuma too? In that case Kuma is not needed in here.There is no way in hell Marine HQ can be available of Kizaru's situation going worse (only if Vegapunk is seeing the same thing as pacfista sees and informed Sengoku about Rayleigh) that quick.I think entire pacifista's are somehow related to original Kuma.Like they wont even be able to move without Kuma hiding around.Maybe that Bible is the battery/energy source for Kuma himself and an important mechanical piece for pacifista too.

Otherwise Marine HQ is taking Whitebeard a bit lightly.Sending Kizaru/Sentoumaru/Kuma/3 pacifista here is a great advantage for Whitebeard.Besides If Rayleigh's in this condititon, world's strongest man must be as powerful as him even if he acts like an idiot many times
Old 2008-08-28, 12:30   Link #43
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Anyone elses not wondering why Kuma is here in a time like this? Shichibukai is one thing but it was a damn Admiral they sent on island.No matter what happens he should've give the punishment to pirates that defeated the nobles and head back to HQ...And now theyre sending 2-3 pacifista+Sentoumaru to watch them over and original Kuma too? In that case Kuma is not needed in here.There is no way in hell Marine HQ can be available of Kizaru's situation going worse (only if Vegapunk is seeing the same thing as pacfista sees and informed Sengoku about Rayleigh) that quick.I think entire pacifista's are somehow related to original Kuma.Like they wont even be able to move without Kuma hiding around.Maybe that Bible is the battery/energy source for Kuma himself and an important mechanical piece for pacifista too.

Otherwise Marine HQ is taking Whitebeard a bit lightly.Sending Kizaru/Sentoumaru/Kuma/3 pacifista here is a great advantage for Whitebeard.Besides If Rayleigh's in this condititon, world's strongest man must be as powerful as him even if he acts like an idiot many times

The fact that Marine HQ sent such overwhelming forces makes it obvious that they intended to resolve the situation on Sabaody as quickly as possible. Remember, Kizaru DID tell Sengoku that he would return to HQ "soon". However, he just didn't count on running into the Dark King....

As for Sentoumaru, we knew he was already on Sabaody well before the auction house incident happened. Why? We don't know yet. But considering that he was holding some bounty posters when he was first shown, he may have been gathering data from well-known pirates, possibly for Vegapunk's research.

And as far as Kuma goes... I don't think the government is aware that he's on Sabaody. Remember, the Shichibukai pretty much have free reign over the blue seas, in exchange for giving a percentage of their profits to the government. Plus, if my theory about Kuma being a double agent is true, he'd have the perfect chance to exchange information with Dragon and his revolutionaries under the government's nose. Therefore, I'd say he went to Sabaody of his own volition. Whether or not it was him or one of the PX models who fought Kidd and Law, however, has yet to be explained....
Old 2008-08-28, 15:39   Link #44
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually.... I think you might be onto something there. Perhaps it's possible that Kuma is secretly working with Dragon... in other words, he's a double agent for the revolutionaries. It would also explain why a once-notorious pirate like him is suddenly kissing the government's fat behind.... because he's secretly working towards taking it down from the inside. And if that IS the case, I wonder if Vegapunk is in on it, as well...?
WOW...That's DEEP!! And knowing how cool, and AWESOME Oda's mind is, we all know it's completely possible...

WOW!!! One piece NEVER fails to disappoint...you just keep on guessing...

OMG...that was such a cool idea...MarvelB is a GENIUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrz
Interesting point, but remember that even before the tenryuubito were atacked by Mugiwara crew, the World G-unit was moving into the island. They had another goal, and Luffy's madness was only incidental.

I think they were after Rayleigh, weren't they? Garp was saying he was going to deal with Rayleigh, so that means they were originally there for him: Don't forget: Law said that the Marines had been surrounding the auction house for a long time before the Teryuubito were attacked...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-08-28, 18:06   Link #45
marvelB

I really can't take full credit for that theory.... it was Monkey D. Luffy's post that inspired the theory in the first place, so he deserves half of the credit, as well.

But yeah, Kuma turning out to be a spy for the revolutionaries would certainly make for an awesome plot twist. The fact that he knew that Luffy was Dragon's son kinda hints that he may be involved with him somehow (and remember, that fact isn't widely known.... remember how Garp's soldiers all freaked out when he revealed that particular information to them?). And besides, I figured that Luffy and co. would tangle with some of Dragon's men at some point, so why not sooner rather than later?
Old 2008-08-28, 18:36   Link #46
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Actually.... I think you might be onto something there. Perhaps it's possible that Kuma is secretly working with Dragon... in other words, he's a double agent for the revolutionaries. It would also explain why a once-notorious pirate like him is suddenly kissing the government's fat behind.... because he's secretly working towards taking it down from the inside. And if that IS the case, I wonder if Vegapunk is in on it, as well...?
It makes sense. Dragon is such a mysterious person to us, but so far he seems to have already made his mark on the world landscape, considering he has his own organization plus he's the World's Government most wanted man with some crazy bounty. Also if i'm right, the Revolutionaries also knew about Luffy defeating Crocodile. How could they have retrieved that information? I guess Garp could of simply just told them as well.

There are so many questions surrounding what he's all about, we know he's a revolutionary but why? Is it because the World Government is corrupt? Or is there some other reason. There has to be something more to him if the World Government acknowledged that he could become a serious threat years before he actually did.

If some of your theories that Vegapunk is indeed one of the last remaining Oharan and let's say he's also in on this, then could we be seeing a scenario where the Revolutionaries have ties to the whole Ohara/Void Century/Ancient Weapons mysteries? Things are way too deep.
Old 2008-08-28, 22:38   Link #47
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I have a theory to explain why the ending of the fight of kizaru with the other supernovas haven't been shown.

The reason would be that this fact with zoro is being carried out simultaneously with the other fight. How kizaru would accomplish this is easily explained, he's a light logia, so he has either made use of mirrors to reflect himself to various locations.

Or a more interesting method would be defraction or splitting himself into the various components of white light. So imagine he has split himself into an infrared version and an ultraviolent version. both of which are now fighting simultaneously. (And the visible light component might still be at the marine base)

but of course spliting himself up would naturally mean that his strength is split too. which is why he was so easily hurt by rayleigh
Old 2008-08-29, 03:05   Link #48
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I have a theory to explain why the ending of the fight of kizaru with the other supernovas haven't been shown.

The reason would be that this fact with zoro is being carried out simultaneously with the other fight. How kizaru would accomplish this is easily explained, he's a light logia, so he has either made use of mirrors to reflect himself to various locations.

Or a more interesting method would be defraction or splitting himself into the various components of white light. So imagine he has split himself into an infrared version and an ultraviolent version. both of which are now fighting simultaneously. (And the visible light component might still be at the marine base)

but of course spliting himself up would naturally mean that his strength is split too. which is why he was so easily hurt by rayleigh
I must say that this is a very interesting theory you have, but I don't find it very plausible for two reasons.

1)Sengoku showed some concern for Kizaru before he left marine headquarters to go and investigate the auction house incident at the sabaody archipelago. I imagine that Sengoku would not be concerned at all, if what you say is true, since his visible light component would still be at the headquarters on stand-by for Whitebeard's attack.

2) Kizaru told Sengoku not to worry and that he would be back soon. Why would he say this if he could use his powers as you theorize?
Old 2008-08-29, 06:17   Link #49
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
nooo Zoro, was about we had something happen to him XD Zoro fangirl squeeel!
Old 2008-08-29, 07:58   Link #50
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Sigh...I really am pumped up~!!!

This is gonna be great. Oda-sensei really must big things planned for Saobody...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelB
I really can't take full credit for that theory.... it was Monkey D. Luffy's post that inspired the theory in the first place, so he deserves half of the credit, as well.
True. Kudos to both MarvelB and Monkey D. Luffy for such a deep theory.

But what I find coolest is the fact that, unlike other anime out there, there is the knowledge that no theory is too impossible...It's all there in Oda's head ready to spring out...god it's like...WOW...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-08-29, 10:18   Link #51
marvelB

Well, the Chinese scanlation for the chapter came out. So it's shown that Rayleigh slashed at Kizaru right when he was about to warp over to Luffy's crew via his mirror-teleportation move. Also, it would seem that Rayleigh, like Brooke, uses a rapier-type of sword (Rayleigh's looks longer, though).

As for the Pacifista, there was one particular panel I found most interesting:

Spoiler:

Judging from that panel, it seems that the PX models really ARE more "machine" than "man", since he had a kind of pirate-tracking system. I think I may have been right after all when I said that Sentoumaru may have been gathering pirate data for Vegapunk....

And man, seeing the crew in such a desperate situation... just wow. I wonder how long Chopper's rampage will last? And checking out Zoro's second encounter with the real Kuma, it STILL looks like he didn't respond to his question (I just see a "!!" when Kuma asks him where he wanted to go). While there's still a good chance that he may have just warped Zoro to safety (like say, to that hospital where Zoro carried the guy who was shot by Charlos), I still like the idea of him being sent to Mariejoa, Vegapunk, or possibly even Impel Down....
Old 2008-08-29, 11:45   Link #52
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

i have read the chinese sub and now i seriously think tt the axe of sentoumaru is a df axe. when he is fighting luffy, he mentioned tt his axe still does not need to make an appearance yet. this mean his axe is his hidden weapon and he is not fighting luffy at his full lvl
Old 2008-08-29, 17:15   Link #53
Menshi

I know One Piece isn't this predictable, but if Zoro was to sent to Impel Down that would give Luffy a reason to help break Ace out. Which would be a convenient twist.
Old 2008-08-29, 18:14   Link #54
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

But hey at least the "Zorro seperation" Theory seems to be proven true.
Old 2008-08-29, 18:42   Link #55
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menshi View Post
I know One Piece isn't this predictable, but if Zoro was to sent to Impel Down that would give Luffy a reason to help break Ace out. Which would be a convenient twist.
Very true. I see this as a probable theory.

If Kuma is on SH's side then everything will be ok, if not, game over.

Even if by some miracle the SH's manage to escape they still need to get their ship coated most likely, but even if Rayleigh hasn't done it yet and isn't available to do it, someone else most likely will step in to coat it.

Next chapter Garp becomes a traitor and saves Luffy.
Old 2008-08-29, 18:50   Link #56
marvelB

Forgot to mention this before, but I like how, despite Rayleigh's help, it doesn't change the fact that the Straw-Hats are in a tight situation. In other mangas these kinds of situations are usually resolved by having a bunch of uber-strong allies appear out of nowhere and taking out the enemies quickly, but this... wasn't the case here.

...that is, unless Kidd and Law reappear next chapter and start tearing s*** up left and right, that is.
Old 2008-08-29, 18:54   Link #57
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Oh and maybe Zoro's hanging out with Perona right now.
Old 2008-08-29, 20:33   Link #58
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Not quite.

It's a little lost in the translation, but Kizaru is definitely worried.
He finds himself unprepared to face Rayleigh, and even says he needs to 覚悟を決める. There isn't an English expression to quite translate this, but it means he finds the need to "accept whatever happens as consequence", or prepare to pay the price. It's used when faced with predicament that can be against your odds.
I don't want to get into a Japanese debate here, but when I read the raw I got the feeling that the predicament in this case wasn't related to fighting ability but wether Kizaru ought to be more worried about catching Rayleigh or the strawhats... If he's fearing anything, it's that Rayleigh will hold him up long enough for the strawhats to escape... or so I see it at least.

I'm not a native speaker (and if I recall, I think you are?) so I guess I could be wrong. I just think if you take the whole flow of the conversation into context it says otherwise.

Any which way, chapter rocked, OP is always the manga I save for last each week.
Old 2008-08-29, 20:35   Link #59
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Forgot to mention this before, but I like how, despite Rayleigh's help, it doesn't change the fact that the Straw-Hats are in a tight situation. In other mangas these kinds of situations are usually resolved by having a bunch of uber-strong allies appear out of nowhere and taking out the enemies quickly, but this... wasn't the case here.

...that is, unless Kidd and Law reappear next chapter and start tearing s*** up left and right, that is.
yea, this has gotta be the biggest challenge facing the SH yet, seeing how Zoro has disappeared right in front of them and seeing Chopper "awakening!"

a real test of the strengh and will power for the crew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Oh and maybe Zoro's hanging out with Perona right now.
lol now that would be a side story!
Old 2008-08-29, 20:59   Link #60
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

wow
i really can't wait for next week
Zoro ..i think he might have gone to perona
but i wonder if chopper can take up Kizaru's(can't spell his name) son ?