AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-04, 09:38   Link #41
Prestige

But you have to kinda agree that seeing Charlos getting smashed was kinda worth all of this

But I feel bad for Strawhats, I hope nothing serious happened to them.
Old 2008-09-04, 10:03   Link #42
marvelB

Yup, like I said before, this arc just goes to show how hardcore the Grand Line can really be. Luffy and co. are only at the halfway point yet we see them get caught in such a desperate situation, even despite the fact that they got help from a legendary pirate like Rayleigh. As was already said in a previous post, what Moria told Luffy about not being ready for the New World yet is proving true after all... despite the Straw-Hats not reaching the actual place yet. But it's most certain now that the entire crew will grow from this experience (but I think we'll see the most growth from Zoro in particular ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
But you have to kinda agree that seeing Charlos getting smashed was kinda worth all of this

Heh, I certainly do agree with that. But as vile as those World Nobles are, I still can't shake the feeling that at some point, we'll actually see at least one "good" noble....
Old 2008-09-04, 11:21   Link #43
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

If Luffy really said that "I cant even save anyone"...He looks desperate and may decide to improve himself and team even further.Whatever happens after these events, a new kind of genius rubber power-up or a new gear is possible.Also for others, like Sanji may finally learning soru/rankyaku since his legs pretty capable of enduring the pain/exhaustion, that can give himself some "ranged" attack as well.Or just making his own flaming rankyaku version....Or Usopp seeing the terror of new world/Getting Inspired from his dad and leaving toy kabuto behind and becoming a true gunman with his own enchanted rifle and guns.....Or Chopper discovering the dark side of medicines..like toxin bottles or posions like Doc Q.

Somthing has to be done if Oda wants them to survive new world ^^ Im sure he will create some insane abilities for all of them in future
Old 2008-09-04, 12:03   Link #44
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Well in the end this may be a good thing for them. If they had just escaped or smoothly sailed towards the new world, they would have crashed and burned right when they arived or maybe even before on fishman island ( imagine a pirate gang with only guys about as strong as Arlong). This way they were at least not anilated in an instant.

I agree taht we will most likely get a few chapters pause from the SH. I personaly hope we will see what happened to Kidd and Law and their crews. We all grew pretty atatched to them over the last month.
Old 2008-09-04, 13:09   Link #45
Prestige

Overall this chapter is perhaps best of this year yet and thats ALOT.

This has everything; Action, insane drama,emotions, revelations and biggest cliffhanger in One piece history.

Oda has throwned us to rollercoaster ever since Kizaru landed, no, ever since Caimie got kidnapped.

Especially when Bleach/Naruto mangas are so boring and unintresting atm, or perhaps its because that One piece is so mindblowingly awesome in last months that those two simply pales in comparison.

Anyway 513 will be rememberd in One piece history, this chapter will be amazing it will be even more amazing when full chapter will get released tomorrow

Hell, I am practically counting MINUTES till it get released.

This will be so painful to Luffy that he is crying in end of chapter, I really feel for him his nakama has become so important to him during him that he would throw away his dreams and life to be able to save just few of them.

And he can't do single thing to save them getting erased, he is tired, out of strenght and he can't help any of them.

I really love Luffy as charecter he has been Cheerful,goofy,loyal,headstrong and carefree since Ep 1 but I wonder if there is gona be charecter growth for him and rest of crew until we see them next time.

Damn 513 isn't out yet and I can't wait for 514 either. I think we will change focus but do we follow Supernovas or Whitebeard vs World goverment war.

And what will Kizaru do?
Old 2008-09-04, 13:32   Link #46
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Overall this chapter is perhaps best of this year yet and thats ALOT.

This has everything; Action, insane drama,emotions, revelations and biggest cliffhanger in One piece history.

Oda has throwned us to rollercoaster ever since Kizaru landed, no, ever since Caimie got kidnapped.

Especially when Bleach/Naruto mangas are so boring and unintresting atm, or perhaps its because that One piece is so mindblowingly awesome in last months that those two simply pales in comparison.

Anyway 513 will be rememberd in One piece history, this chapter will be amazing it will be even more amazing when full chapter will get released tomorrow

Hell, I am practically counting MINUTES till it get released.

This will be so painful to Luffy that he is crying in end of chapter, I really feel for him his nakama has become so important to him during him that he would throw away his dreams and life to be able to save just few of them.

And he can't do single thing to save them getting erased, he is tired, out of strenght and he can't help any of them.

I really love Luffy as charecter he has been Cheerful,goofy,loyal,headstrong and carefree since Ep 1 but I wonder if there is gona be charecter growth for him and rest of crew until we see them next time.

Damn 513 isn't out yet and I can't wait for 514 either. I think we will change focus but do we follow Supernovas or Whitebeard vs World goverment war.

And what will Kizaru do?
Damn you Prestige, you posted everything I wanted to say.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2008-09-04, 15:37   Link #47
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

XRIS!!!!! I posted something valid somewhere in the middle of that post...!!! I mean...I prided my self on that opportunity to post third!!! NOOOOOOO Xris!!! Noooooooo!!!!!!
I had finally gotten the third post...I got in the top three...I was so happy...*sniff*

W00+!!! One piece is just going on and on with the excitement!!! Cool!!!!!!!!! XD

We need only to see Law more intensively, and I can honestly say that I won't be more satisfied for...a long time...

Kuma is really piling on the evidence to support MarvelB and Monkey D. Luffys' Kuma-Dragon-Aliance/Working Together Theory...

Seems like Kuma is more mysterious than he seemed when he just appeared. This leads me to question how much Doflamingo is going to influence the storyline when he get major focus too...

Anyway: I normally read all the manga chapters on Sundays, but even though it's only thursday, Naruto is going so $hitty I suppose there's no point in waiting to read as if it's gonna be good...So: I'm-a spoil myself!!!

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-09-04, 16:58   Link #48
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Just wow lol. Marines just got a face slap lol. Why can't Bleach and Naruto be like this? Sigh. Oda go replace them!!! Lol.
Old 2008-09-04, 19:56   Link #49
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Bleach and Naruto were never as good as OP in my opinion. HunterXHunter was something to be compared for a time but even taht got worse over the time. One Piece is the ONLY Manga I know that didn't get worse over time it's still funny as day one and the story got deeper and more tensing. In fact it got BETTER over time. And that's why Oda is my personal King of Manga. He nearly did everything I wished for. if now we get to see al little more about the supernovas and smoker reapears sometiemes... lol needless to say this chapter blew us away. ALL of us
Old 2008-09-04, 22:10   Link #50
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I really wanna see what happened to captain Hawkins
Old 2008-09-04, 23:58   Link #51
marvelB

Yeah, an update on the Supernovas would most certainly be welcome, but if Oda actually does shift the focus to the government's war with Whitebeard next chapter, then we won't be seeing those guys for a good while....

...But I'd think it would be worth it in the end, especially if it means we get some kickass fight scenes between the Shichibukai and Whitebeard's commanders.
Old 2008-09-05, 05:23   Link #52
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Marco VS Hawkeye *shivers*... this will be SO good
Old 2008-09-05, 09:16   Link #53
ShikaShika
無罪

That was a sweet chapter... I wonder if there is any chance at all of seeing Perona again... Would be kinda fun if she was forced to tag along... If Kuma did tell Rayleigh where to find the strawhats then that would indicate he sent them all to the same place at least... But for now they'll be sailing the skies for a bit. Won't you get hungry and such though, flying around for three days? Or did I take it too literally?
Old 2008-09-05, 09:47   Link #54
Prestige

Omg just readed full chapter

Spoilers didn't really prepare me for sadness and tragedy of this chapter.

It was also amazing chapter too, I felt liek crying for Luffy when I readed this.

For me One piece has taken whole new level, it was amazing before now its almost life-style...

This chapter was unimaginably painful to Luffy, to lose his nakama one by one and he couldn't do anything... I think when we next time see Luffy he will be in whole diffrent levels of powers.

Kuma will be even bigger mystery after each passing chapter... who he really is? what is hes motives and goals? Is he truely loayal to World Goverment?

I really can't wait 514 now, but I am kinda torn apart here, I really wan't to know what happened to Strawhats, but also I wan't follow Whitebeard vs WG war, also what happens to Supernovas now?

Overall One Piece chapter 513 deserves full 10/10 and for Eichiro Oda.
Old 2008-09-05, 09:58   Link #55
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
That was a sweet chapter... I wonder if there is any chance at all of seeing Perona again... Would be kinda fun if she was forced to tag along... If Kuma did tell Rayleigh where to find the strawhats then that would indicate he sent them all to the same place at least... But for now they'll be sailing the skies for a bit. Won't you get hungry and such though, flying around for three days? Or did I take it too literally?

I doubt that the Straw-Hats will spend the next 3 days and nights hurtling through the air. Remember, the info that Sentoumaru gave about Kuma's ability was what he heard through a rumor, and he himself said that his info may be false. However, I do think that there's obviouly SOME truth to what he explained (that is, the crew will be gone for three days, which is the amount of time needed for Rayleigh to coat the ship). Of course, the destination is still the biggest mystery by far....

...though I'd rather they NOT run into Perona. I think I'll wait until the ministory comes along, thank you very much.

Oh, and I checked out the full chapter + translation, of course. Definitely some emotional stuff here. I really felt the crew's pain and despair in that situation... especially Luffy's. I'm actually rather looking forward to seeing how this chapter will be handled when it gets animated....
Old 2008-09-05, 10:33   Link #56
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

This was... no words left. Spoilers did NOT prepare me for that. ODA
Old 2008-09-05, 11:56   Link #57
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

this is the most emotional one piece chapter i ever read. i really feel sad for luffy, he really go out to save his nakama and yet has to see them being taken out one by one. you can really feel the despair and pain coming from him. same thing for sanji, both of them were basically tearing their hair for not being able to save their frens. kudos to oda, he is the best manga author i ever seen, i really wonder how he can top this chapter in terms of emotional lvl.

actually it is quite possible they are sent to different locations. if they are, i bet luffy will suffer more emotionally and it will be very hard to get back up on his feet again not knowing whether his nakamas are dead or alive. if they are together, then it will be easier for luffy to handle emotionally
Old 2008-09-05, 11:56   Link #58
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

This chapter was just...wow... how does Oda come with these things? I mean wow.

I am intrested in what Kuma said to Raylign, but from the looks of it, the Straw Hat crew is about to have a diffecult time ahead.
Old 2008-09-05, 12:13   Link #59
Eleutheria
旅行癖

The Empire Strikes Back!

I have this nasty feeling that the next few chapters will concentrate on the Supernovae, keeping us on tenterhooks going crazy wondering what happened to Luffy & Co.
Old 2008-09-05, 12:18   Link #60
Blaine

Wow awesome chapter, i hope we find out what happened to the other supernovas.