AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-20, 00:57   Link #1381
gaoyuanyuan1

Reika might be dead and Kurono is going to revive her.
Old 2008-12-20, 06:33   Link #1382
genryou
The ______ maker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to genryou
Quote:
Oku is definitely one of the most unpredictable mangakas out there. He pretty much writes whatever he feels like writing. Of all people, we see development focused entirely on Nishi.

This chapter definitely makes the readers sympathize him.
yeah, i symphatized him, for having the most "hottest" girl as a secret admirer

btw, i think it,ll be cool if Nishi turned the his class into a bloodbath ne
Old 2008-12-20, 06:54   Link #1383
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
Is Nishi at the same school as Kei? I'd assume so.
Why would you assume that? If it wasn't just for the fact that there are thousands of schools in Tokyo (big city after all), Nishi's in junior high and Kurono is in high school.

Anyway I welcome development for Nishi. He's still an ass sure, but if he can be developed to show a nicer side, even if just slightly, I'm all for it. I still think the best thing about this manga was the massive development of Kurono's character, if Nishi could get just a little of that... (No I'm not suggesting Kurono was anything like Nishi at the start of the manga.) I'd like some development for Inaba too, I'd assume he's been spared this long for a reason...
Old 2008-12-20, 07:14   Link #1384
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Even Kurono wasn't able to hold out that longer. Nishi was playing the game longer, and he hasn't used his powers to stop those punks (he is one, but the others are worse, even throwing him outside the window, and acting as if nothing happened). Interesting. It seems there is more to him than what the initial expectations show. No wonder he wouldn't mind the humans getting killed, and fighting with no care for others except for himself.
Old 2008-12-20, 12:49   Link #1385
seiji_kun

I did find it funny that they were so repulsed of him cause he killed a cat but then they go of trying to kill him. Hypocrites anyone?
Old 2008-12-20, 13:32   Link #1386
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I did find it funny that they were so repulsed of him cause he killed a cat but then they go of trying to kill him. Hypocrites anyone?
I was thinking the same thing, I was a victum of bullying myself and trust me if they want to the will find any reason to beat you up, even if they just did it themselves 5 minuets earlyer. Thats the mindset of this world all the way up to the highest posts in government, and church and all the places where people have power over someone else. But you see they were not expecting the little guy to get up, so now I hope he tears their effen heads off their effen shoulders!!!!!!
Old 2008-12-23, 00:55   Link #1387
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
OH MY GOD, JUST READ THE CHAPTER...

NISHI IS FUCKING AWESOME.

I loved the part when he stood back up. And yes, I find it very hypocritical how they tried to kill him for killing a cat. Honestly, I really like the asshole-side of Nishi. I hope he beats their asses to death once he goes back up.
Old 2008-12-24, 17:12   Link #1388
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Sometimes I catch myself wondering how other anime characters would fare in Gantz. Like how long Ichigo (without shinigami powers) would survive.
Old 2008-12-24, 17:15   Link #1389
Umaibo

288:

Nishi just killed almost everyone in class. Some of the girls were spared, I think.
Old 2008-12-26, 02:31   Link #1390
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Yeah ahhh, I definitely wasn't expecting him to kill everyone. Maybe mess a few of the guys up, but slaughter the whole class? I guess he doesn't really care as "war" is about to break out, I was expecting something alittle more interesting though...
Old 2008-12-26, 11:13   Link #1391
genryou
The ______ maker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to genryou
he killed everyone, thou it,ll be more awesome if he used hist fist instead of gun.

anyway, i,m suprise on how retarded Nishi's classmate were, what the fcuk with the "KILL, KILL, KILL" cheers?
Old 2008-12-27, 00:54   Link #1392
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
And the winner is NISHI! There was something I was wondering about though:

Is he really wearing a Gantz suit underneath his clothing? When Kurono did it and also earlier in other cases, I think you could see the neck part of the suit extending out. All I've seen so far is Nishi carrying around/wearing a Gantz gun in his bag. However, he wouldn't have been able to survive the fall and be able to take all of those punches without a Gantz suit...
Old 2008-12-27, 01:11   Link #1393
trapar
9 more points to go...

I'm pretty sure he was wearing it. He practically never takes it off. I always see it under his regular clothes. Either way, the chapter was awesome.

...I'm still wondering what could've caused the explosion at the end. And what's with the girl? Is he beginning to have feelings for her because he spared her life?

Man...I wish somebody would make a sub-forum for Gantz.
Old 2008-12-27, 01:57   Link #1394
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Man I was hoping that he was going to do the deed with his bare hands. Like squeezing their head till they pop or something. By gantz standard Nishi's style was rather tame.
Old 2008-12-27, 02:34   Link #1395
trapar
9 more points to go...

I don't believe I have ever seen Nishi in a hand-to-hand combat.
Old 2008-12-27, 02:41   Link #1396
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapar View Post
I don't believe I have ever seen Nishi in a hand-to-hand combat.
Well that's more due to the aliens requiring at least basic level of martial art even with suits.

But we are dealing with plain humans here. The suit's strength should be more than enough. It may come down to Nishi being a not-want-to-get-his-hands-dirty type.
Old 2008-12-27, 10:26   Link #1397
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Spoiler for Spoiler for 288:
Old 2008-12-27, 15:41   Link #1398
trapar
9 more points to go...

woah...0.o

http://www.gantzotaku.com/gallery/da...splay_0051.jpg
Old 2008-12-29, 07:41   Link #1399
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

Why isn't there a date for the next chapter? Why is it called "Apocalyptic Finale"?
Old 2008-12-29, 16:53   Link #1400
trapar
9 more points to go...

I think I have seen the date for when the next chapter is going to come out. I think it's 1/05/2009
Closed Thread