AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-06, 00:10   Link #241
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

i dont like the anime adaptation of dark Moka....she was a lot colder in the manga
Old 2008-01-06, 00:25   Link #242
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Its always fun to see Tsukune run like an idiot. >_> Hopefully they are saving up money to animate the better scenes...

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 00:55   Link #243
stewie0814

Just watched the first episode, don't know anything about the manga though. Well, the premise of the show is certainly not very bright, so i wasn't expecting anything deep/engrossing, under those assumptions, it was a kinda enjoyable first episode, but it was silly how mr tough guy suddenly got all scared when she didnt do anything frightening.

Also, it was rather silly that the two guys got very attached right away, but like i said, can't be too demanding or have high standards for these type of shows, so i guess i can't complain much about that.

Point is, seems like its gonna be a shallow fan servicey show, might be good just to pass time while waiting for the better series episodes to be released
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 01:31   Link #244
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well after checking out the comparable part in the manga, do lean a bit on the manga side of it. Still going to follow the series even if they are going to go over the top with the fan service shots.

Though unsure if I'll be able to stop myself from finding the rest of the manga and reading it all in a blitz .

In terms of money being saved up to animate the better scenes...I wouldn't be too optimistic on that.
Old 2008-01-06, 02:28   Link #245
the follower 89
Refreshed by peace

well so far i have read the manga up to chapter 22 and i just love it, i can't wait to see the real action in the anime, it start when they figth kuyou, i relly love that chapter and i want to see it animated rigth away.
the anime it not seem that special in the first episode, i spect something more dark like the manga, but sience i know what is coming i will see it.
what i relly hate about this new anime, the echi part, i mean why in the world we have to see all the girls panties just because they are walking or standing up, i don't mean that i complitely hate it, wow sound like a pervert, but is just that don't go whit this series, if they decrease the exposure of panties in this series it will make me really happie.
well i hope next episode will be better.

my first oficiall signature send me a private message and tell how godd or bad it was
the follower 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 03:11   Link #246
Ahlunn
mEloixity

I'm surprised! I will continue watching if this anime keeps up with the first impression I got. I never watch anything with expectations, but I do review the anime background itself. What I am surprised about is the arrival of all the clichés so early and actually get it done with. Usually the main male lead hides everything until the near end. So this actually might be some different material at the least, I haven't experienced it.

Last edited by Ahlunn; 2008-01-06 at 03:37.
Ahlunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 03:14   Link #247
stewie0814

Unnecessary panty shots reminded me a lot of tenjo tenge (girl character design too), even when she was in dark mode, looked a lot like maya
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 06:59   Link #248
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler'd:
are we talking befriend as in rivals over the same guy as well as when you say loves are you talking love love or love to put into a cauldron for dinner
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 12:05   Link #249
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rosario + Vampire. First Thoughts

New Life and Vampire

For one last time HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. Looks like the first quarter for 2008 will be calm, at least as I am concerned for the anime season.

Honestly, I chose to check this title due that the title's legend caught my interest. Then, two days ago I downloaded the teaser trailer and said to myself that the story premise and animation looks promising.

Right now I have already watched the first episode. It's a surprise that GONZO produced a monster-mash, harem comedy; the first in their title repertoire.

To me this is my second monster-mash, harem anime; my first one being Kaibutsu Oujo.

Rosario + Vampire has potential to deliver a good comedy story, not minding if the plot is episodic. I hope this turns much better than Kaibutsu Oujo.

And speaking of the monster academy, there's enough freakiness and weirdness comparable to the level of the Munsters Family and the Addams Family.

The theme which would be largely explored throughout the series beginning from episode one is.....
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 12:18   Link #250
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
On your point about KO, I actually think this may turn out better. It's definitely has a better studio behind it, and two, there is potential for a more meaningful plot later on. I don't believe this anime will remain just a comedy. I don't believe that for a second. So maybe GONZO overdid the pantsu shots, but I can't shake this feeling that this anime will be actually pretty good. I'm not expecting GONZO to pull a Gankutsuou here, but I'm not expecting a disapointment either.
Isako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 12:19   Link #251
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
New Life and VampireTo me this is my second monster-mash, harem anime; my first one being Kaibutsu Oujo.

Rosario + Vampire has potential to deliver a good comedy story, not minding if the plot is episodic. I hope this turns much better than Kaibutsu Oujo.
Well so far this has had more blood than Oujo had throughout the whole series.
Old 2008-01-06, 12:29   Link #252
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Well so far this has had more blood than Oujo had throughout the whole series.
Dam, I was about to say that XD
Gonzo seems to like over doing things nowadays looking at dragonaut as another example...it's not really a bad thing and definitely catches people's attention
What kaibutsu oujo failed on was the lack of story and reluctance to go a bit more wild that what it should have done. I can see a better story layout here which is a good start. Now it all comes down to execution and how well it flows, character development etc. Might not get much character development but I hope the bonding relationship moves at least.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 12:43   Link #253
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Oujo was good at the start, then it became too....weak in terms of story and character development. The premise was good tho. As for R+V, i hope they tone down on the fan service, there are enuf of that in the manga, its not needed to add even more in the anime.

On a side note, as scanlates are still far far behind, anyone that read the latest volume wanna gimme some insight: is the story almost over?
Old 2008-01-06, 12:46   Link #254
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
As for R+V, i hope they tone down on the fan service, there are enuf of that in the manga, its not needed to add even more in the anime.

That is my hope as well, but knowing GONZO, they probably aren't. I'm just going to just pretend that it isn't there like I have been doing.
Isako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 12:51   Link #255
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Does befriend = handing them the lunch menu?
wasn't "befriending" when one uses a Divine Buster on another?

ooh man after reading chapter 23 really can't wait to see it animated! yes I'm gonna tease ya all and say WOW ITS SOOO AWESOME!!!!
Old 2008-01-06, 13:03   Link #256
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
What I find weird is that it stated somewhere in the manga that Moka had dark-brown hair, but she has pink hair in the anime. o_O

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 13:10   Link #257
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
artistic liberty :P

they possibly didnt want people to confuse her with aya from tenjho...
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 13:18   Link #258
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
What I find weird is that it stated somewhere in the manga that Moka had dark-brown hair, but she has pink hair in the anime. o_O
That was mentioned? Strange...I might need to check back on the manga again. Perhaps they got the pink from the manga covers.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty decent episode to start off with. As expected, there IS fanservice, and the good thing is they don't bother trying to hide that fact. Coupled with a few scenes of Saizo, I'd agree with Sorrow-K that this might actually be bordering on hentai...Or perhaps just make a reference to it.

Kickass Moka was nice, and it looks like Nana Mizuki might just be the perfect choice for this role, after all. I don't particularly look forward to the episodic nature of the subsequent scenarios even if that has already happened in the manga, but at least the animation's decent, the eyecandy's good, and the wimpy male character is set in place.

Bring on the next episode.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 13:38   Link #259
Westlo
Lets be reality

After the epic failure by Gonzo that was Dragonaut I bravely watch a new show by them. Mainly due to Nana Mizuki being the main female character in addition to doing the OP/ED. I very nearly quit before I started when I watched a trailer from C73 and Tsukune's voice made me want to put a gun to my head. Thankfully it's not as bad as that trailer made it out to be...

I liked Moka, but I liked Silver Haired Moka even better (new avvie time!?). The pantie shots didn't really annoy me that much, I'll take an over abundance of them over the ridiculous breasts from Dragonaut anyday. CG wasn't used to much and aside from the horrible looking running down the stair sequence (reused scene from Dragonaut?) it looked alright.

Looks like it's going to be monster of the week in more ways than one but I liked what I saw enough to stick with it for awhile. According to manga readers it gets a lot better once the monster of the week format is over. I like the OP (listened to it 6 times in a row) but whoever selected and made the BGM for the meeting Moka scene should get shot. Anyway not expecting anything great from this... also is 13 episodes confirmed? Maybe 1 cour now and another at summer?

First episode gets a 3/5 from me, which in this current season is good enough for me to continue.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 13:40   Link #260
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
I don't recall that, and she does have pink hair in the color pics from the manga:

mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire