AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-06-05, 18:01   Link #221
Casshern

My one and only complaint about this movie was that they didn't show the scene where Gambino found Guts and his mother for the first time. I always found that scene very symbolic of his destiny, maybe even related to it. Either way it was a very important scene to omit imo.

I only hope these movies will motivate Miura to start writing properly again. It's been nearly 4 years already. Surely he can't still be jerking off to idolmaster.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 19:18   Link #222
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Guess I could ask, but how far does the first movie go compared to the anime events?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 19:32   Link #223
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin View Post
But there are other films such as Karas that do CGI and hand drawn and they work out quite well. I dunno woulda prefered it all drawn tbh. But we shall see once the movie comes out in europe and america
Karas CG>a million times Berserk. There were only a couple of scenes when the CG was good. Most of the time it was just an eyesore.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 21:15   Link #224
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Wow, I'm glad I didn't continue with it. I had heard the stories, but I thought people were over-exaggerating =0\. I got rather disinterested in it after the events of the end of the tv series anyways because
Spoiler for for tv series ending:
=0\.
Spoiler:
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 00:05   Link #225
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Griffith's eyes in the movie weren't really that intimidating compared to his manga/tv anime counterpart... I gotta tell you those eyes back then were the real spine chillers.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 07:24   Link #226
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a very good film. I haven't watched the original series but man I heavily enjoyed watching this. When...
Spoiler for film:

There are only two things I didn't like about the film.
1) The CG: It worked for the dragon-beast as as the "Uncanny Valley" factor made it seem more monstrous but I didn't like it's use on everything else.
2) The motives and background: I supposed it's because this is technically a prequel but it was a little difficult to understand the "why" of things when you haven't watched the anime or read the manga. Why are the Tudors at war with the Midlands? How did Guts turn out as a mercenary? (They kinda showed that through a weird dream but I'm not sure I fully understood it)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 08:03   Link #227
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That was a very good film. I haven't watched the original series but man I heavily enjoyed watching this. When...
You have got to watch the anime if you enjoyed this.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:13   Link #228
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Guess I could ask, but how far does the first movie go compared to the anime events?
It goes up to the assassination mission Griffith gives to Guts, where he kills Julius and his son. I expect the 2nd movie will cover the later half of the anime.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 16:01   Link #229
Tiberium Wolf

The CGI made some parts so unnatural. Yes it was ugly.
Good thing is that there a lot of detail but the bad thing is a lot is cut out. I rewatched the old anime and woah! It's really old. I think they should have made a remake like HxH.
Old 2012-06-07, 19:01   Link #230
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Good movie but it didn't do justice to the original, and I blame the CG for the most part.

With a few exceptions, 3D scenes were an eyesore, it was like looking at some cheap PS2 intro movie (go look for the PS2 Berserk game intro).

Funny that those scenes are doing the very opposite of the original work as far as technic is concerned.
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 19:07   Link #231
XxSleepyxX
Learner

The new cg is used for anything that has large scale battles now. I'm guessing they expect people to be watching this in 3D? Yeah the battles become a eyesore its as if they decided to not get people to animate the battles, instead they use some engine that reminds me of 3D custom maid or w.e... god creepy as graphics.
Old 2012-06-12, 19:16   Link #232
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Gotta agree with the consensus that it was a nice movie, but the CG parts didn't look all that stellar compared to the actual animation parts.

The most painful part of this movie was still Julius's son getting killed. Just as it was in the TV series, it was heartrending to see him struggling to stay alive (T_T). The TV series had that music playing, but here, the silence gives a more chilling effect on the whole thing.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 11:10   Link #233
ApathyEcstasy

I am so disappointed to hear that they screwed it up by using CGI.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 11:15   Link #234
konart

Didn't like the CG in the movie, though it(the movie) did a good job promoting manga. I finally made it up to ongoing.
Old 2012-06-13, 13:04   Link #235
Destined_Fate

The CGI was a bad choice and I wonder why they went with it over a more accepted model. Maybe to try and capture the scoop of the battles perhaps?

The Manga isn't a weekly or two weekly thing all the time. Sometimes it can be long stretches of time before a new issue comes out. It has been going on for years and he has other things to do as well so don't expect it to end anytime soon. Just so you know the Manga doesn't pull its punches or hide the more greasly details like the TV series and the Movies seem to be doing, it isn't for the weak of heart.

So if you're entering the Manga thinking it's going to be like the TV series or the Movies you're going to be in for a world of surprise over the differences and detail put in it that the Movies and TV series don't even come close to touching on.
Old 2012-06-13, 13:35   Link #236
konart

I was aware of this, thanks I was actually following it without reading.
Old 2012-06-13, 14:12   Link #237
Destined_Fate

Good luck for that, though be prepared for a lot of sadness for the main pair.
Old 2012-06-13, 14:58   Link #238
ApathyEcstasy

Okay, so I just finished watching it. I have to say that the animation quality of the movie was disappointingly inadequate overall, even if you exclude some of the crappy looking CG fight scenes. And the whole thing was definitely too short. The music from the Berserk anime series was superior IMO as well. All in all, a mediocre production. I hope they at least manage to do justice to the final chapter of the arc.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 15:12   Link #239
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Good luck for that, though be prepared for a lot of sadness for the main pair.
Quote:
I finally made it up to ongoing.
^this

Anyhow - I was well aware of most turns of events beforehand
Old 2012-07-02, 09:46   Link #240
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i finally watched the 1st film.
It was very good. Violent, bloody. political machinations, friendship and the supernatural.

I recently read the manga based on this part and it looks like the film was very faithful to the source while some scenes were skipped. Also some of the battles look better in the film.

I hope to see the 2nd film.

Tags
action, berserk, seinen