AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 20:08   Link #1521
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I think Destined is just confused between Delta Plus being technically a Gundam and officially a Gundam. Delta Plus might be technically a Gundam since it’s an improvement over Delta Gundam (unlike GM, which is a downgraded version of RX-78-2). Still, Rising is right about Delta Plus never officially considered a Gundam.
I guess we can divide Gundams into two categories. Those that are are Quasi-Gundams or Pseudo-Gundams, unofficial but have enough characteristics to be considered Gundams, and Official, specifically named to be Gundams.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 02:20   Link #1522
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Honestly, its just a name. if it has the name Gundam in it its a gundam, if not, its not a gundam. the Hyaku shiki for example, is not a gundam, Neither is the Delta plus.

We can always see marida shouting " ARE YOU A GUNDAM " as a heads up to all the arguments about hyaku shiki being part of the gundam team :]

Same thing as Destroy gundam being a Mobile Suit with optional Mobile armor mode and Psycho gundam being a Mobile Armor with optional Mobile suit mode
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 05:06   Link #1523
Destined_Fate

No, it's officially a Gundam in heart while the Hyaku Shiki is unofficially a Gundam in heart.

As for those in the industry. I'm talking about the game makers of the many games that already have UC with the Delta Plus being considered Gundam. They have far more clout than say a MG. Especially the games that follow the story to the dot or don't follow at all and just have the UC MS in.

And the Delta Gundam Kai is a Gundam, there's no roam for doubt in that. It literally is called Gundam, has many characteristic of a Gundam, and has the Gundam head/V-Fin. It isn't the same as those you're describing.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 05:25   Link #1524
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Is "Zeon Gundam" A gundam?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 07:41   Link #1525
Zeydra
A random passerby

No offence, but the whole passive abilities being activated like it is a Gundam is a nod to observant fans and a little bit of fanservice. It is not meant to be taken as canon to the franchise, nor proof it is a Gundam. It's like saying because there were pictures of Mario in the window in Hyrule Castle in Ocarina of Time that Mario must in some way be linked to the Zelda series.

It is there to please fans, an "easter egg" I believe they are called. Nothing more. And given in UC going by what I've heard the Gundam name is literally just franchising in the universe anything can be a Gundam, and if it isn't called a Gundam then it's not a Gundam, regardless of how many similarities it shares with them or how much herratige it has with Gundams.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 11:35   Link #1526
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
As for those in the industry. I'm talking about the game makers of the many games that already have UC with the Delta Plus being considered Gundam. They have far more clout than say a MG. Especially the games that follow the story to the dot or don't follow at all and just have the UC MS in.
LOL. No it's not, the games are secondary to the models. The models are the very lifeblood of the franchise, determining whether or not a show can continue or not with its sales. Hell, for the Gundam 00 movie, Mizushima actually had to ask Bandai how many new models they wanted out of it. Like Transformers, Gundam is very much a model/figure merchandise-driven franchise. Everything else in the media are second to the actual show and the models that keep it running, including the various games.

And in the show and the models, the Delta Plus is not considered a Gundam, and as such is not named "Gundam". That is what matters.
Old 2012-11-02, 23:20   Link #1527
Destined_Fate

Uhh.. Yes. MGs never sell anywhere near as much as these popular games that actually do more than make a model and call it a day. MG isn't perfect either, they've gotten information wrong before and I wouldn't put it past them to not even understand that the Delta Plus is literally Delta Gundam Mk.II which was a Gundam. Hyaku Shiki could also be considered a Gundam as well since it's just a stripped down Delta Gundam and the only reason it was stripped down was costs and issues with the frame and the such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Is "Zeon Gundam" A gundam?
Zeon Gundam? Oh yeah from that one game...

Yes, it's a Gundam. A strange one but it's a Gundam. It even has the V Fin, Gundam Head, and looks like a recolored Gundam with a Gelgoog shield. They also call it Gundam so yeah, no room for doubt there.

Char's Gundam is also a Gundam though it kept moving too fast so he had to have it taken away. Battles ending 3 times faster just wasn't good for the budget.
Old 2012-11-03, 01:34   Link #1528
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Uhh.. Yes. MGs never sell anywhere near as much as these popular games that actually do more than make a model and call it a day.
Model industry still holds way more clout for the Gundam franchise and its information than the game industry does. Always has. I understand you're a huge fan of the games but that doesn't mean they've got more say. The models, MG or not, still mean more than the games and always have. And as such they don't consider the Delta Plus a Gundam, just as the official media for the actual OVA doesn't consider the Delta Plus a Gundam.

Quote:
MG isn't perfect either, they've gotten information wrong before and I wouldn't put it past them to not even understand that the Delta Plus is literally Delta Gundam Mk.II which was a Gundam. Hyaku Shiki could also be considered a Gundam as well since it's just a stripped down Delta Gundam and the only reason it was stripped down was costs and issues with the frame and the such.
Uh-huh. Still doesn't make it officially a Gundam in official media. Same with the Hyaku Shiki, it's not a Gundam either however much you want to "consider" it a Gundam. How long we gonna run 'round this circle before you call it quits?
Old 2012-11-03, 02:19   Link #1529
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
How long we gonna run 'round this circle before you call it quits?
The thing about Destined is, he never quits even if he's already proven wrong. It's sad, really.

As much as I like Hyaku Shiki & Delta Plus, I know that they're not officially Gundams. And I have no problem with that.
Old 2012-11-03, 04:35   Link #1530
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

We'll just have to put it this way, the Plus series are basically refined and (probably) cheaper counterparts of their respective Gundams.

Being UC, we should understand by now that Gundams are exclusive experimental units and can only be considered a Gundam when official material declares that they are one, otherwise they're not.

You may say the Delta Plus is a Gundam at heart. That's an opinion, it's not official statement. The Delta Plus is not a Gundam. It's derived from one and might have the performance of a Gundam but it was never classified as a Gundam let alone the fact that it lacks most notable features a typical Gundam would have.

You may prove me wrong if you have proper proof from canon or any Bandai manuals that explicitly states the Delta Plus as a Gundam unit, otherwise it's not.
Old 2012-11-03, 05:05   Link #1531
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@StratoSpear
Just to be clear: your post isn't directed at me, right?
Old 2012-11-03, 05:23   Link #1532
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

Zeon Gundam? Oh yeah from that one game...

Yes, it's a Gundam. A strange one but it's a Gundam. It even has the V Fin, Gundam Head, and looks like a recolored Gundam with a Gelgoog shield. They also call it Gundam so yeah, no room for doubt there.

Char's Gundam is also a Gundam though it kept moving too fast so he had to have it taken away. Battles ending 3 times faster just wasn't good for the budget.
Well i am talking about other "Zeon Gundam" AKA Zeong

Anyway I just follow "Gundam is the one with Gundam name"

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 05:25   Link #1533
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
@StratoSpear
Just to be clear: your post isn't directed at me, right?
Nope, wasn't meant to.

I just felt like adding my 2 cents to this conversation.
Old 2012-11-05, 02:19   Link #1534
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Model industry still holds way more clout for the Gundam franchise and its information than the game industry does. Always has. I understand you're a huge fan of the games but that doesn't mean they've got more say. The models, MG or not, still mean more than the games and always have. And as such they don't consider the Delta Plus a Gundam, just as the official media for the actual OVA doesn't consider the Delta Plus a Gundam.

Uh-huh. Still doesn't make it officially a Gundam in official media. Same with the Hyaku Shiki, it's not a Gundam either however much you want to "consider" it a Gundam. How long we gonna run 'round this circle before you call it quits?
I'm not a quitter but we aren't getting anywhere. You can go with what you believe while I'm going with the other official sources that do label the Delta Plus as a Gundam. Thus we're just going to have to agree to disagree here since officially it is and isn't a Gundam depending on who you check with.
Old 2012-11-05, 02:27   Link #1535
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I'm not a quitter but we aren't getting anywhere. You can go with what you believe while I'm going with the other official sources that do label the Delta Plus as a Gundam. Thus we're just going to have to agree to disagree here since officially it is and isn't a Gundam depending on who you check with.
And which official sources are these? I've asked for them before but you've refused to provide them.
Old 2012-11-05, 02:43   Link #1536
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
And which official sources are these? I've asked for them before but you've refused to provide them.
RD, don't forget to ask him to provide official links or scans (I want to see it too ). If not, he'll be going in circles again.
Old 2012-11-05, 03:07   Link #1537
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, what Obelisk said. Official links or scans, and not some easter egg from a game--that doesn't really count.
Old 2012-11-05, 03:38   Link #1538
Destined_Fate

Quote:
I already explained, the entire game industry side of Gundam all support that the Delta Plus is a Gundam. It's a Gundam as far as the games side is concerned.

And you don't get to decide what does or doesn't count. I've yet to see you provide screenies either that say "This is not a Gundam no matter what and that's the end of it". In fact the only thing you have is that it just doesn't MENTION that it is or isn't a Gundam.

Furthermore you're getting way too worked up over this. I already said that we have to agree to disagree on this because different official sources don't even agree on it. There's no reason to get overly hostile or jump down my throat because no matter what you aren't going to change my mind and since you're so dead set that it can't possibly be a Gundam your wont change your mind either.

End of Line.
Old 2012-11-05, 04:15   Link #1539
Kirayuki

Quote:
I already explained, the entire game industry side of Gundam all support that the Delta Plus is a Gundam. It's a Gundam as far as the games side is concerned.
And what game are these you mentioned ? I don't ever remember there are any games that explicitly stated Delta Plus as a Gundam.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 06:59   Link #1540
Destined_Fate

One example, Overworld.

With that this is over. You can choose to believe the toy line, I'll go with the game line.