AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-28, 08:27   Link #1061
Raviel

Were the Fanalis decapitating people with their bare arms/legs? I can only imagine the sort of environment and wildlife the Dark Continent must have had to be able to create a race like them.

So with Aladdin finally releasing the restraints on his Magi abilities, I'm pretty sure things are only going to get more complicated from here onwards. I wonder if there's a chance we'll see Alibaba go Full Djinn Equip to help Aladdin.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 09:08   Link #1062
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I really hope there's no BS with Alibaba suddenly helping out the Fanalis OVER helping Aladdin for some stupid reason...by now Alibaba should be unconditionally siding with Aladdin in everything >_>
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 09:16   Link #1063
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

With Ren Kouha ( third prince ) for vol.15 and Ren Kouen ( first prince ) for vol.16, I guess the second prince ( Ren Koumei ) just got the short end of the stick, eh ? I hope Koumei doesn't suffer middle child syndrome -.-.

On the Fanalis subject, I think it's very clear that all Fanalis ( With the exception of Mu ) fight with their bare body. I think it's kinda logical because there is no weapon that can withstand their strength.
Old 2013-01-28, 09:19   Link #1064
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I really hope there's no BS with Alibaba suddenly helping out the Fanalis OVER helping Aladdin for some stupid reason...by now Alibaba should be unconditionally siding with Aladdin in everything >_>
I really hope there will be no BS with Alibaba unconditionally siding with Aladdin in everything
Old 2013-01-28, 09:19   Link #1065
Kazu-kun

Quote:
by now Alibaba should be unconditionally siding with Aladdin in everything >_>
Why? Alibaba is his own person. He will do what he thinks is right. Following Aladdin by default would mean that he didn't grow at all.

Personally, I don't see Alibaba fighting either Aladdin or the finalis right now. I do think he might step in to stop the fight all together if things get too messy.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-01-28 at 09:39.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 09:21   Link #1066
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
With Ren Kouha ( third prince ) for vol.15 and Ren Kouen ( first prince ) for vol.16, I guess the second prince ( Ren Koumei ) just got the short end of the stick, eh ? I hope Koumei doesn't suffer middle child syndrome -.-..
Ren Kouha actually vol 14 (Vol 15 is loli magi)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 09:37   Link #1067
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Meh, what I see happening is something along these lines :

Aladdin uses his unleashed magic to halt the war's escalation on both sides.

Then either:
1. Mu unleashes his Djinn Equip (semi or full) against Aladdin.
2. Schezerade enters the stage to confront her fellow Magi peer.

Alibaba appears. (optional: protecting Aladdin)

Cliffhanger again.

As for who's siding who, Alibaba has no stake in the war other than Aladdin. He may not choose sides, but he's definitely not going to fight his friend or let his friend be killed by either side. That's would be downright illogical in all sense of arguments. Besides... it's not like Aladdin is choosing a side, either. It just so happens his current course of action pit him against the Fanalis, as they're about to retrieve Titus.

But blah, I'd expect Dark Djinn shenanigans to appear soon with Aladdin entering the stage.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 09:47   Link #1068
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I really hope there will be no BS with Alibaba unconditionally siding with Aladdin in everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Why? Alibaba is his own person. He will do what he thinks is right. Following Aladdin by default would mean that he didn't grow at all.

Personally, I don't see Alibaba fighting either Aladdin or the finalis right now. I do think he might step in to stop the fight all together if things get too messy.
Of course he is his own person...but in this case we have his best friend trying desperately to stop a war between two countries that aren't even related to Alibaba at all...sure he was trained by one of the sides in the war, but that shouldn't be enough to make him stick to helping Laem when Aladdin is trying to stop the war altogether.

So yea, in this case I hope Alibaba is actually a good friend and sides with Aladdin without question...we've yet to see Aladdin be selfish and make choices that cause more people to get hurt...Alibaba knows that Aladdin will always try the path of least bloodshed so why shouldn't he side with him immediately?
Old 2013-01-28, 09:54   Link #1069
Kazu-kun

Quote:
So yea, in this case I hope Alibaba is actually a good friend and sides with Aladdin without question...we've yet to see Aladdin be selfish and make choices that cause more people to get hurt...Alibaba knows that Aladdin will always try the path of least bloodshed so why shouldn't he side with him immediately?
Because he's the wild card. He was left for last for a reason. It means he will probably step in when shit hits the fan for real.
Old 2013-01-28, 09:56   Link #1070
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Because he's the wild card. He was left for last for a reason. It means he will probably step in when shit hits the fan for real.
I'm sorry, you lost me on the wild card thing. Who's the wild card, and why?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 09:59   Link #1071
konart

Quote:
Of course he is his own person...but in this case we have his best friend trying desperately to stop a war between two countries that aren't even related to Alibaba at all...sure he was trained by one of the sides in the war, but that shouldn't be enough to make him stick to helping Laem when Aladdin is trying to stop the war altogether.

That's true, but what I was talking about is that Alibaba souldn't be siding with Aladdin in everything just because they are friends.

Also in current situation any further escalation of the conflict is against Magnoshutatt.
Magnoshutatt is the key point in the war between the Raem and Kou. Both empires know, that wichever empire has Magnoshutatt under its control - has good advantage. And if you can't take an advantage - you make sure that enemy does not get it either.

So by Aladdin's logic - serving Raem is the path of least bloodshed now.
Old 2013-01-29, 18:25   Link #1072
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

"I'm sure he has a boner"

Truer words have never been spoken.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 18:58   Link #1073
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
"I'm sure he has a boner"

Truer words have never been spoken.
I'd like to see Mor going against these guys. Not in a war though, just a fight like in the coliseum or something.
Old 2013-01-29, 19:04   Link #1074
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I do wonder how good she is, compared to the rest of her people. Like an average teenaged girl?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 19:24   Link #1075
marvelB

^I kind of figure that she might count as sort of above-average for her age thanks to all the training she's had, though the army would undoubtedly have much more battle experience. Honestly, I'm more interested in seeing how well Masrur would stack against those guys....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 19:25   Link #1076
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^I kind of figure that she might count as sort of above-average for her age thanks to all the training she's had, though the army would undoubtedly have much more battle experience. Honestly, I'm more interested in seeing how well those guys stack against Masrur....
Ironically, given how Masrur WAS a gladiator himself, it makes you wonder why he wasn't "recruited" into the Fanalis corps (assuming the arena was in Laem of course).
Old 2013-01-29, 20:22   Link #1077
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Ironically, given how Masrur WAS a gladiator himself, it makes you wonder why he wasn't "recruited" into the Fanalis corps (assuming the arena was in Laem of course).
Maybe when Masrur was given the choice to either join the Fanalis Corps or follow Sindbad, he chose Sindbad.
Another possibility is that he left Laem before the Fanalis corps existed. Scheherazade probably didn't give Mu the order to search for the Fanalis at that time.
Old 2013-01-29, 22:16   Link #1078
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I do wonder how good she is, compared to the rest of her people. Like an average teenaged girl?
I have a feeling that in due time we will discover she:

a) is of noble fanalis blood, meaning she is amonst the strongest in her tribe (think vegeta in DBZ)

and/or

b) is an anomaly among her people since she has higher levels of magoi (her levels of magoi were low when Amon had to choose a king since her slave mentality prevented her from having the free will required to have high magoi levels).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 22:24   Link #1079
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Last time she tried to use magoi she started bleeding from every orifice and went into a coma...I doubt she'll have above fanalis average magoi levels.

I'm betting that if anything, Mor will eventually be one of the strongest Fanalis simply because of her training, experiences and of course...NAKAMA POWER!
Old 2013-01-29, 22:27   Link #1080
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
her levels of magoi were low when Amon had to choose a king since her slave mentality prevented her from having the free will required to have high magoi levels.
Magoi doesn't work like that. Either you have it or you don't. Mental stay only affects its color (white or black) but the quantity never changes.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen