AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2010-11-02, 02:00   Link #261
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Anna is a child between a Irish mother and German father.
On the other hand, I think the possibility of Laura being Aleister's daughter is still there.
Rather than Laura, I always had a feeling that there was some sort of deeper connection between Aleister and Index. Maybe it is because of their similar hair and eye colors....
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 02:18   Link #262
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Index = Aleister's daughter? O.o
How about Index = Aleister's daughter with Laura?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 09:12   Link #263
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Can we have a character speculation thread now ?
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 09:44   Link #264
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Can we have a character speculation thread now ?
I think that falls under the specific character threads.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 09:59   Link #265
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, that works as well.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 10:39   Link #266
Miraluka
Banned

I actually bought the "Index = Aleister's family theory" after reading speculations on a blog . They convinced me XD. Of course I'm thinking what kind of reaction Aleister will give if he has the chance to meet a familiar of him. The current Aleister seems to be a heartless monster but still his motives aren't revealed.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 21:13   Link #267
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Following this train of thought, we should be prepared that Ollerus turns out to be Index's brother!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 21:22   Link #268
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Following this train of thought, we should be prepared that Ollerus turns out to be Odin's brother!
Fixed.
This one works too.
Old 2010-11-02, 21:54   Link #269
Flere821
Lurker

Weeeeell... when Index talked to Touma in Vol22 Ch12 she did it with her image hanging up-side down - I immediately thought 'wth, isn't this just like Crowley?' >.>
So I think it's possible for Index to have some sort of connection with Crowley.

I'm more leaning towards that Laura is a(nother) immortal witch like Vassilisa - She's been around as the head of Necessarius for the ten years at least (see Vol16's final 'intermission', or literal translation of the kanji - 'between the lines'), and she hasn't aged during all that time I think. Not to mention witches has helped during the UK civil war fighting Carrisa...
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 22:27   Link #270
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Weeeeell... when Index talked to Touma in Vol22 Ch12 she did it with her image hanging up-side down - I immediately thought 'wth, isn't this just like Crowley?' >.>
So I think it's possible for Index to have some sort of connection with Crowley.

I was thinking it's more alike a reflection of light than it does with any actual meaning to Crowley.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 22:40   Link #271
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Following this train of thought, we should be prepared that Ollerus turns out to be Index's brother!
Elaborate. I don't understand why.
Old 2010-11-02, 23:12   Link #272
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

They are both pseudo magic god, and Haimura specifically used similar color scheme when designing them.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 23:23   Link #273
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Makes sense... Aleister is just a dad wanting to claim his daughter. And make sure no one tries to kidnap her again, he's going to destroy all of magic world or at least make attacking them a sin.

Suddenly, what Aiwass said about Aleister and Accel has context. Now for Touma and Shiage...
Old 2010-11-03, 09:12   Link #274
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I was thinking it's more alike a reflection of light than it does with any actual meaning to Crowley.
LOL, explaining a magic artifact with science?
Old 2010-11-03, 23:03   Link #275
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I also had that theory of Index beign the daugther of Alister for a while.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 08:14   Link #276
faiz blaster

With Vol.22's epilogue complete, it is now time to probe on new territories. Lets go by the numbers:

1. What is the Staff of Striking that Aleister used against Fiamma? Could it be an original creation from the author? I ask because I didn't not find any info related to it in any databases about Aleister.

2. It is now confirmed that there is "something" inside Touma and, if Aleister's words are any indications, that something hold the truth about the nature of Kamijou (in the sense of "the person superior to God"). Any new speculations on what that something is?

3. Finally, now it seems to be clear that Aleister's goals are to put Aiwass under his control through the Imagine Breaker and the thing inside Touma and then use his powers to change the fundamental rules of the world. Now, what rules could he possibly want to change?
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 08:31   Link #277
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
With Vol.22's epilogue complete, it is now time to probe on new territories. Lets go by the numbers:

1. What is the Staff of Striking that Aleister used against Fiamma? Could it be an original creation from the author? I ask because I didn't not find any info related to it in any databases about Aleister.

2. It is now confirmed that there is "something" inside Touma and, if Aleister's words are any indications, that something hold the truth about the nature of Kamijou (in the sense of "the person superior to God"). Any new speculations on what that something is?

3. Finally, now it seems to be clear that Aleister's goals are to put Aiwass under his control through the Imagine Breaker and the thing inside Touma and then use his powers to change the fundamental rules of the world. Now, what rules could he possibly want to change?
1. I'm afraid I don't have any information about it- it's way too common a name to really look up well.

2. That 'something' comes from beyond the age of Christianity, and probably from the next 'age'. Or even something that does not belong in this world.

3. The fundamental rule to this world is: Everything dies. Religion, plants, animals- even Aiwass himself has acknowledged that he can die. So thus, Aleister is probably looking for a way to bend and twist death. And once something is dead, they can't be brought back to life generally.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 08:40   Link #278
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

About 1.....the kana gives the name as Blasting Rod.......the only references I can find are a rod used to inflict curses in pagan rituals.....and Harry Dresden's blasting rod (from the Dresden Files series)...maybe Kamachi got it from there?
Old 2010-11-04, 08:45   Link #279
Plant42

Quote:

It's name is Blasting Rod(衝撃の杖(ブラスティングロッド)). Staff of Striking is a translated of the name in kanji part.

Blasting Rod is the staff which possessed by Allan Bennett, a magician whom Aleister look up as his teacher.
http://www.thelema.ca/156/People/A.%...tt/bennett.htm
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 21:11   Link #280
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
It's name is Blasting Rod(衝撃の杖(ブラスティングロッド)). Staff of Striking is a translated of the name in kanji part.

Blasting Rod is the staff which possessed by Allan Bennett, a magician whom Aleister look up as his teacher.
http://www.thelema.ca/156/People/A.%...tt/bennett.htm
Thanks for pointing that out, as I only had the Kanji to go by in the Chinese version ^^;

Though is there anything else about that staff/rod you can find? For example, it's powers and such.
Also, that rod made its 1st appearance at the end of Vol10, when Aleister looked at it and said he might have to step onto the battlefield himself after the Croce di Pietro plot by Lidvia was stopped.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science