AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 17:53   Link #361
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
That doesn't really make a lot of sense going by the first episode of the anime though ...
Just because she's swarmed by worms doesn't mean they all penetrated her at once. Over the course of the entire night/day/week? Sure, maybe. But the initial act of deflowering was by a single worm.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 17:57   Link #362
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Just because she's swarmed by worms doesn't mean they all penetrated her at once. Over the course of the entire night/day/week? Sure, maybe. But the initial act of deflowering was by a single worm.
Not to mention they enter through all of the orifices of the body. So, by the time Kariya got there.. it was far too late.

/raaaaaaaaaaaage.
Old 2012-05-22, 18:02   Link #363
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Not to mention they enter through all of the orifices of the body.
You know, it's kind of surprising Sakura isn't more popular in Japan.
Old 2012-05-22, 18:05   Link #364
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They haven't getting around to animating her route so not as many know about it? Or it isn't shown enough for the "right crowds" to notice.

The "right crowds" being "sick bastards" in all likelihood. Like Zouken.
Old 2012-05-22, 18:31   Link #365
Vicious108

Quote:
You know, it's kind of surprising Sakura isn't more popular in Japan.
I've always assumed that it's precisely because of what she went through that she's the least popular heroine in Japan. Japanese otaku seem to have a thing for purity and automatically despise girls with "spoiled goods". And, well, it doesn't get much more spoiled than Sakura.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 18:34   Link #366
GDB

I don't think the spoiled goods argument applies in adaptations from VN with erotic scenes in them. If that were the case, Ilya or Taiga should be the most popular. I honestly think it's because HF hasn't been animated yet, so a lot of fans see her as being less important than even Taiga. She'll probably climb up the popularity ladders a decent bit just from Fate/Zero being animated, but still.
Old 2012-05-22, 18:52   Link #367
Vicious108

I think otaku are okay with erotic scenes with the protagonist in VNs because, even if said protagonist is his own man, the player still makes the decisions for him and they're often written in the first person, so the otaku can simply see him as their avatar as they go about scoring with the different heroines. So since Saber and Rin lost their virginities to Shirou, they would be okay with them, but with Sakura, who had already had so much prior experience, not so much.

But who knows, far from me to try and completely understand the mind of those people.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 19:02   Link #368
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I don't think the spoiled goods argument applies in adaptations from VN with erotic scenes in them. If that were the case, Ilya or Taiga should be the most popular. I honestly think it's because HF hasn't been animated yet, so a lot of fans see her as being less important than even Taiga. She'll probably climb up the popularity ladders a decent bit just from Fate/Zero being animated, but still.
I think her purity is the biggest factor. The viewer/reader/player experiences the story vicariously through the protagonist, after all. Otaku culture has even skewed my "ideals" with regards to a girls purity.

I do agree that the anime did her zero justice and with HF not being animated, she has had less exposure. She is out of the picture in Fate and UBW.

I do like Sakura, but I highly dislike how she had no problem taking the lead with Shirou. Even if she wanted it bad, she's had -1 happiness in regards to sex. I think the eroge genre is to blame for that, but still. I won't go into it any further since this is not the place and we discussed it exhaustively in the game thread.
Old 2012-05-23, 17:27   Link #369
Grey

Shirou and Kiritsugu both had impressive determination to act to save others. In a lot of ways, Sakura was the opposite thematically, so I think that's a factor too.

Well, Kotomine and Gil are opposite in their own ways too. But they were grand in their opposition. Sakura's opposition was rooted in weakness and the influence of Zouken and Angra Manyu.

Hahahahahahaaaahaha, oh man I just imagined Waver taking Sakura's role in HF. I was trying to think of a comparison and I thought, "...Waver!" They both have that whiny and weak behavior to them.

...now I'm imagining what it would have been like if Sakura had summoned Iskander. Oh wow.

Quote:
I prefer to think that after Fate and UBW Shirou and Rin went and saved Sakura.
Zouken might have died when the Great Grail was dismantled. I think he would have tried to stop Rin then.

Last edited by Grey; 2012-05-23 at 17:43.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 17:48   Link #370
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Zouken might have died when the Great Grail was dismantled. I think he would have tried to stop Rin then.
i thought it only got dismantle in HF?
Old 2012-05-23, 18:08   Link #371
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Iskander the Great with Sakura as master...hmmmm. He's a bit of the independant type. Medusa wasn't quite forceful, but Iskander? I wonder what he'd have to sake about the whole Matou family situation? I wonder if he could say anything?
Old 2012-05-23, 20:06   Link #372
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The explanation to that is actually a Fate/Zero spoiler - a big one too. Really wish I didn't know it.
Old 2012-05-23, 21:12   Link #373
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
In HF it's destroyed during the route.

But Nasu said it's also dismantled after the UBW and Fate routes. I guess it's in the side material or interviews or something?
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 22:06   Link #374
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

No, it's something related to Kiritsugu. Not going to spoiler anything but yeah.
Old 2012-05-23, 23:29   Link #375
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
No, it's something related to Kiritsugu. Not going to spoiler anything but yeah.
that is suppose to take 40 yrs and the process is not so much as dismantling as....[spoiler]
Old 2012-05-24, 02:24   Link #376
Thess

Quote:
I prefer to think that after Fate and UBW Shirou and Rin went and saved Sakura.
It's not possible. The only way to 'kill' Zouken is to kill Sakura... since he's stuck in her heart. If it was so easy, Rin wouldn't have been so aghast and trying to be a 'magus' in HF about that. It was a hopeless situation. It took Sakura to have a godly regeneration that allowed her to stitch herself from decapitation to remove worm Zouken after tricking him she was mindless...

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 18:26   Link #377
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It's not possible. The only way to 'kill' Zouken is to kill Sakura... since he's stuck in her heart. If it was so easy, Rin wouldn't have been so aghast and trying to be a 'magus' in HF about that. It was a hopeless situation. It took Sakura to have a godly regeneration that allowed her to stitch herself from decapitation to remove worm Zouken after tricking him she was mindless...
No... Shirou and Rin would have found a way. Where there's hope, there's a way!
Old 2012-05-25, 06:03   Link #378
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well it's obviously possible because otherwise we wouldn't have had a happy HF ending. It's just that it's impossible for Shirou and Rin to think of a way given what they (or rather we) know. But it's not like the story itself was above introducing plot devices for the sake of solving certain things so there's no reason why this should be any different. If Rin could do complicated neurosurgery on Shinji when he has a tumor that could literally end the world, then it's more than possible she could do complicated heart surgery (or at least learn to do so) on Sakura, given the chance.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 22:37   Link #379
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If Rin could do complicated neurosurgery on Shinji when he has a tumor that could literally end the world, then it's more than possible she could do complicated heart surgery (or at least learn to do so) on Sakura, given the chance.
It would sound more like Nasu if it involved semen. And a fish.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 22:51   Link #380
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Puts the ''Shinji Uses Gilgamesh to kill Zouken'' and ''Sakura spending most of her time in the hospital'' in UBW in a entirely different light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If Rin could do complicated neurosurgery on Shinji when he has a tumor that could literally end the world, then it's more than possible she could do complicated heart surgery (or at least learn to do so) on Sakura, given the chance.
That and what she did with reconstructing Shirou's heart. Dude got a Nobel Phantasm to the chest and she managed to save his life anyways. I mean sure she used up a lot of energy to do it, but since the NP in question was a cursed spear that was famous for the wounds it causes being hard to heal, that's still pretty impressive.

So yeah, there is probably a ''way'' for Sakura to be saved in post-Fate and post-UBW worlds ... the probelm is we never get to learn much about what happens after Shirou wins, other than very tiny bits of info.

(A bit off topic, but I think Shinji surviving in UBW is the most BS thing in the entire game. Going by what he had learned he had done in the past to Salkura, and how much damage he had done in UBW, going as far as possibly raping another student and slandering her reputation, using Rider to harm the student body (and even causing some to suffer some lasting mental effects) and then the stuff after getting Gil ... yeah)