AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2009-04-25, 19:27   Link #961
Meri-chan
アイドルになりたい

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
I was reading through some other threads, and I was wondering why Mion is Oryou's successor, instead of her mother, who is Oryou's own daughter?
Akane was disowned due to a fight between her and Oryou.
Meri-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 20:33   Link #962
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Uwaaah, seriously? But, I don't see why Mion would become the next in line; she's descended from Akane, too, so Oryou isn't fully cutting off Akane, because her own daughter is taking her position...? Also, are the grounds for the argument left ambiguous? And lastly, have Akane and Oryou since settled their dispute, because in Kai#10, they seemed to get along just fine...?
Change of Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 11:18   Link #963
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think it was something to do with Akane's choice in husband. If I remember, she could keep her title, or marry her husband, but not both (for some reason, Oryou would know. Akane's husband seems to be fairly politically powerful in his own right). She married, but the family line continues as normal via Mion. It has also been probably 18 years or so since that fight, and they are still family.
Old 2009-04-26, 17:47   Link #964
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
that's when they were about to release him, but it's possible they also hid him in the quarry before.
Considering that the quarry was a permanent base of operations, it seems extremely unlikely that they would have taken him there. Imagine what would happen if the kid told the police that he had been taken and they then investigated the quarry and found the gas. The Yamainu would have never taken such an unnecessary risk.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 19:46   Link #965
qwertyuiopz

how many episodes for rei total?

6?
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 20:03   Link #966
Meri-chan
アイドルになりたい

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
how many episodes for rei total?

6?

What was the first OVA arc called again? The pool arc? It seems like Batsukoishi-hen, but I'm not sure... And I also heard some calling it Hajisarashi-hen. :|
Meri-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 23:05   Link #967
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri-chan View Post
What was the first OVA arc called again? The pool arc? It seems like Batsukoishi-hen, but I'm not sure... And I also heard some calling it Hajisarashi-hen. :|
The Shame Exposing Chapter (dunno the romanji for that).
Batsukoishi-hen and Hajisarashi-hen are from the games.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 09:14   Link #968
maximilianjenus
[E]

BEcause her mother married mion's father against oryu's will.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 09:19   Link #969
maximilianjenus
[E]

Sorry for the double post, apparently I missed half a page of discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Considering that the quarry was a permanent base of operations, it seems extremely unlikely that they would have taken him there. Imagine what would happen if the kid told the police that he had been taken and they then investigated the quarry and found the gas. The Yamainu would have never taken such an unnecessary risk.
As seen on the tips, the kid was blindfolded most of the time anyway.

It's not that I want to argue, it's just that I want to discuss about this series at least until the next ova comes out or umineko starts airing or the next umineko patch gets released.
Old 2009-05-02, 22:09   Link #970
Romantica
夜間授業学生

So today I bought Higurashi Series 3, Higurashi When They Cry Cotton Drift Arc vol. 1 (as shown on the spine of the manga). Is it bad to start here? I didn't even realize that it was this certain arc until after I had bought it.
Romantica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 08:41   Link #971
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantica View Post
So today I bought Higurashi Series 3, Higurashi When They Cry Cotton Drift Arc vol. 1 (as shown on the spine of the manga). Is it bad to start here? I didn't even realize that it was this certain arc until after I had bought it.
Wait, it's out already?!

Although I would suggest reading them in the same order they were originally released for the Sound Novel, you can read the three first arcs in any order you want.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 10:07   Link #972
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantica View Post
From the opening post of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime, game or manga.
If you wish to discuss Higurashi When They Cry Cotton Drift Arc then this thread is the wrong location to do so since it is specifically for questions and answers.

I'm not familar with Higurashi When They Cry Cotton Drift Arc, what is it, a manga or a light novel? If we have an existing thread then please post about it there. If we do not have an appropriate manga / light novel thread then please request one.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 20:01   Link #973
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
"Cotton Drifting Arc" is the translated term for Watanagashi-hen.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 09:15   Link #974
maximilianjenus
[E]

It's better to read them in order, otherwise the mistery loses impact.
Old 2009-05-10, 11:38   Link #975
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Question:
Where can I get the font used in the Title?
Still unanswered.
Old 2009-05-12, 00:34   Link #976
Shadows

Cat's Eyes?

Hey, I bet this has already been asked, but I don't really wanna spend 24 hours of my life searching for the answer, but I am curious, what's with the cat eyes on the show? I haven't watched many episodes yet, but I notice that it only appears when any of the female characeters (so far) drastically shift moods from whatever they were thinking into a malevolent sadistic attitude. Is that cat eyes merely to show a malevolent attitude, or is it the sign of insanity or something? I would assume it's just when the girls are mad, but there have been scenes when they suddenly go from being sweet/sad to sadistically evil with cat eyes, so wtf?! Thanks, I appreciate any answers you can give me!
Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 12:37   Link #977
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A sign of insanity, I believe.
Old 2009-05-13, 05:31   Link #978
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
Hey, I bet this has already been asked, but I don't really wanna spend 24 hours of my life searching for the answer, but I am curious, what's with the cat eyes on the show?
Explaining it would be a spoiler. You'll understand after watching the 25th episode of the series.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 01:33   Link #979
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Question

Spoiler for Recent higu.biz updates:
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 07:30   Link #980
Flevalt

Hi all,

I have some questions to Higurashi that are about things that seem really weird to me, so I cant understand them.

Spoiler for Season 2:

I hope really that someone can help me get the answers to this questions, cause those scenes in the 2nd season make absolutely no sense at all to me o.O
Flevalt is offline   Reply With Quote