AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 01:23   Link #12821
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Logically thinking (not that logic applies to manga but whatever), parents would enroll their children to youkai gakuen in order to teach them how to live peacefully among humans, meaning it was their intention to move their children to the human world when they grow up;otherwise, why even bother,right?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 03:13   Link #12822
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSa333 View Post
I don't think, the academy was built in the purpose of teaching the monters how to live with humans in the human "world" after graduating. Everyone will return.
I don't really remember to the barrier of Yuki-Onna village but I remember to a human boy there.. Maybe there are more youkai villages in the world it would be hardly enough to every monster (and of course tsukune doesn't have his "own" village to live in, he has a family and many-many girlfriends who wish to live with him they will able to defend his family and it's only a matter of time when the secret is going to be revealed..)
An other option is to buy a house and live seperately from his family.
Well, he might start living independently from his family, since it would be safer for his family to not get involved with the youkai "word", unless of course they get involved no matter how much Tsukune want's to prevent that ... I mean they could get kidnapped by Fairy Tail or some other youkai "organization" ... since their son has gotten quite famous in certain circles ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Well, I agree that the youkai "world" isn't separate, but I think what is meant is more of social association rather than an actual place. But then again, there are separate pockets of youkai civilization her and there so it might be possible to relate the literal and metaphorical implications there as well.

But if what the Bus Driver and Nekonome did during Sun's arc was to temporarily enclose Marin's inn in a barrier, that could have meant that the inn was for a short time put into the so-called youkai world to hide the battle being waged there. So it could be said that the mysterious house right next door to you could also be located in Youkai territory. Even if the house itself was still visible, what goes on there probably isn't visible to the outside onlooker.

Where as the stronger barriers like the Grand Barrier not only renders the premises it's protecting invisible, it may also stretch space in such a way that if you walked in the direction of the school from the outside, the distorted space would displace the area so that you could literally be standing with both feet on opposite sides of the barrier as if you were standing over an invisible model of the entire school and it's surroundings, compressed to maybe the size of that computer mouse in your hand.

If those barriers collapse, earth suddenly gains a few square miles of extra land that hasn't been accounted for in current maps, and other side effects as well.
I think that could be the best way to explain the "youkai world", maybe what the barriers surrounding the places that belong to the "youkai world" create some sort of "alternate plane of reality" which has a base in the human world.

The manga seems to suggest it, because if you remember during the Lilith mirror arc, when Tsukune's cousin tried to find the youkai academy, in the place where it was supposed to stand she only found a open field ... which sort of makes me wonder how Tsukune and Hokuto where able to get to the Youkai Academy, maybe it's because they both had the Youkai Academy brochure ... which acted as a "key" that allowed them entry for the first time and later they didn't need it since they where already registered as student's in the academy ( and later became half youkai , which made them "officially" residents of the monster world, since both Hokuto and Tsukune are similar to witches ( I mean that like with the witches race, we can't say if Hokuto or Tsukune belong to the "human" world or the "supernatural" world ).

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-13 at 04:31.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 16:10   Link #12823
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... have people stopped going crazy wih theories yet?

*looks at Chris's posts"

... guess not. I'll be back when there's few walls of text around

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 21:30   Link #12824
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I got a better idea for you Magin: Build a wall yourself and prove you're man enough to handle it. jk

anyway, things like that tend to pop up anyway, it just means we're bored and trying to pass the time. Besides, there might be a fanfiction writer here incognito that could use some of these theories to help with the "technical" side of the story telling.
Old 2010-01-15, 11:15   Link #12825
Chris38

Do you think Tsukune likes being dominated ?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to see how each girl from Tsukune's harem is going to behave in the role of a wife:

- Outer Moka: Can do house duties ( cleaning, cooking ). Pretty easy to live with ... (Honestly I don't know what to say else), probably can keep discipline in the house.

- Inner Moka: Definitely can keep discipline in the household, some house duties can be a problem for her, Warning a Tsundere character ... any injuries sustained while living with her, are on you're own risk and aren't subjected for reclamation. With her you're life definitely wouldn't be boring ... but, can be .... short.

- Yukari: Pretty much an unknown with how she will run the house. ( at least for me)

- Mizore: Definitely will know if you are unfaithful, apart from that has qualities to run a household, you have to be prepared to have kids at a young age.

- Kurumu: Can do house duties, with her you will probably live a normal quiet life with a loving wife.

- Ruby: Had a scared childhood, from where came her "odd" hobbies. You're love live with her is definitely going to be one big adventure. Apart from that she tries to be a dutiful wife.

At least this is how I view them in this particular role, what do you think ?
Old 2010-01-15, 11:43   Link #12826
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Don't mean to hijack the thread but...I got the first five volumes last weekend. Viz is really cheap - they put white boxes over the text that's over stuff in the background. Instead of re-drawing they just put a box. Not cool.
Old 2010-01-15, 11:57   Link #12827
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Don't mean to hijack the thread but...I got the first five volumes last weekend. Viz is really cheap - they put white boxes over the text that's over stuff in the background. Instead of re-drawing they just put a box. Not cool.
so? just read the raws too then
Old 2010-01-15, 12:26   Link #12828
Kafriel
Senior Guest

They should have everything done though, this is art we're talking about: there's no room for half-assed attempts!
Quote:
Do you think Tsukune likes being dominated
I know Ruby does and I wonder if she gives in to her fanclub's requests
Old 2010-01-15, 14:59   Link #12829
GrrDraxin

I don't think Tsukune is the kind that likes to be dominated, but I do think that under most conditions he's an he's an herbivorous man(definition, definition 2), where most of the rest of the harem are carnivorous women, when in dealing with romantic relations. Tsukune is passively pursuing Moka while the girls are actively pursuing him. But I don't think that he'd ever get into the S&M thing like Ruby. Though Tsukune hasn't his rock bottom of that term, under normal circumstances though, he dances on the line

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2010-01-15 at 15:23.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 16:11   Link #12830
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I don't think Tsukune is the kind that likes to be dominated, but I do think that under most conditions he's an he's an herbivorous man(definition, definition 2), where most of the rest of the harem are carnivorous women, when in dealing with romantic relations. Tsukune is passively pursuing Moka while the girls are actively pursuing him. But I don't think that he'd ever get into the S&M thing like Ruby. Though Tsukune hasn't his rock bottom of that term, under normal circumstances though, he dances on the line
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a herbivorous man mean he's metrosexual? Those articles sound to me like their describing the metrosexual trend that occurred in the last few years in the US. I don't think Tsukune fits into the that category. I mean we don't see him using moisturizer or getting manicures or anything like that

He might've been weak and wimpy when R+V first started but we all know how much he's changed. He's passively pursuing Moka but that doesn't make him herbivorous. Tsukune's more like a nice guy who's fiercely protective of friends and family and he WILL kick your ass if needed - don't know if a term for that type of person exists, though.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 17:25   Link #12831
GrrDraxin

Metrosexual is part of it, but this herbivore thing has a much broader scope of influence than that, as it also extends to ones romantic preferences and attitudes toward the opposite sex as well. Namely being that one can "spend the night" with a girl without touching her, or "has no interest in dating" for economic reasons, and other such things.

The fact that he won't even willingly grope his female companions, even though they want him to, puts him into that category. Plus he's chummy with his mom, and generally doesn't know what his future holds after graduation. (EDIT: Oh yes, plus he's not very competitive with his grades or his place in life, except in ways to protect those dear to him.)

For all we know, he might end up still living with his family for a while longer while going to university and even after that... that is, if he doesn't get sucked back into the affairs of the youkai world. Which is looking more and more likely with each new story arc.

If you discount the items that fall under the "metrosexual" term, but apply the rest of what the herbivorous male is by Japanese standards, you pretty much get Tsukune. Though unlike the typical herbivorous man, he does have a girl in mind to eventually marry and spend the rest of his life with, plus the fact that her family is LOADED also helps. So the decision there is pretty easy.

Though for this I'm restricting my opinion to Tsukune's romantic life as being herbivorous, because he's passive in his romantic endeavors, he almost never makes a move to be romantic with any of the girls except Moka, whom of which is too dense herself to see his advances on her. So we see the other girls being "carnivorous" in their pursuit of Tsukune, in that they are very aggressive with their ambitions of getting him as their lover.

There's a whole lot of other things going on that describe this type. I recomend going to Sankakucomplex.com and looking up their news articles on herbivorous males and wedding and relationship trends in japan to really get how this term is used. You got to think Japanese in order to understand it they way they do.

Many japanese females are frustrated about this, but then again, they all want rich husbands too, which they have no hope of getting anyway in today's economy. So Tsukune is rather a lucky man, even if he is passive for the most part, to be entertaining the attentions of so many potential mates.
Old 2010-01-15, 18:34   Link #12832
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

If you discount the metrosexual part, wouldn't that take Tsukune out of the herbivorous man category? Being "metro" is part of the identity of a herbivorous man.

I can see where you're coming from in regards Tsukune's love life. He's only going after Moka but he's not aggressive enough about it. He's also got 3 other fine females that are throw themselves at him but he's too nice to take advantage of the situation. However, doesn't the fact that he is interested in a girl and potentially having a relationship with her take him out of the label?

I've read some of the articles on Sankaku, but I guess I'm just not thinking Japanese enough to understand the whole herbivorous male thing It's funny that most of those articles on Sankaku make it seem like most of the Japanese male population are otakus or NEETs and, therefore, unsuitable for dating leading to the whole herbivorous man/carnivorous woman situation.

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2010-01-15 at 18:46.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 18:46   Link #12833
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I wouldn't look too deeply into it and trying to label Tsukune's behavior in terms of relationships. As Tsukune's behavior is a very typical behavior for male characters (particularly leads) in anime/manga.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 22:07   Link #12834
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
so? just read the raws too then
I can't read Japanese, lol.

Oh, I they translated Kurumu's hypnotism as "allure" as opposed to "charm" that's in the scanlation. What the hell? Who decides this anyway? Not only does "charm" sound better, it fits better too.

The author better get a good cut from this manga that I bought otherwise I want my money back.
Old 2010-01-16, 01:28   Link #12835
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^There must be SOME place you can complain to about translation quality, right?
Old 2010-01-16, 02:17   Link #12836
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:

Oh, I they translated Kurumu's hypnotism as "allure" as opposed to "charm" that's in the scanlation. What the hell? Who decides this anyway? Not only does "charm" sound better, it fits better too.

The author better get a good cut from this manga that I bought otherwise I want my money back.
don't blame the translator. I've heard that translators do their jobs quite well. But like all publications, it's the editor that screws you over

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 06:29   Link #12837
GrimJack

Quote:

I dunno I just typed in allure and after what popped up it makes more sense than simple "charm" but to each his or her own

my only real complaint is the change of Antithesis to Antischoolers but I read Antithesis in my head whenever it comes up
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 06:55   Link #12838
Chris38

Hey guys, do you think that Tsukune's craving for blood will be brought out in Season II, because I had some weird idea that came to me this morning ... I mean that Tsukune's craving for blood returned along with his front teeth staring to resemble vampire fangs ( I mean that Tsukune starts growing fangs - they are smaller then Inner Moka's and with that change comes the return of Tsukune's craving's for blood - in an intensified form, which means that not only he desires blood but actually has a hunger for it) and since Inner Moka is still out, since they haven't solved the seal problem yet, she questions Tsukune why he avoids her ... as you probably guessed it ends with Tsukune being forced to suck Inner Moka's blood ...

I know it probably won't happen, since it sounds a bit far fetched for something like that to happen, since Tsukune and the rest have more pressing matters to deal with at the moment, but it just wouldn't leave me alone ... so what do you think about this ?

And I apologize if I brought something that has been discussed to death already
Old 2010-01-16, 07:29   Link #12839
GrimJack

I have always felt that Tsukune only desired Moka's blood though he feared it would happened with other people as well

His desire for Moka's blood was in part a sign that his body was becoming "addicted" to the injections he was getting from her that eventually led to his descent into "Ghouldom" I feel that the holy lock reduces these cravings while it controls the more damaging effects of Moka's Blood within him

just my opinion and that and a buck can buy you a cup of coffee (as long as you don't go to Starbucks)
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 08:02   Link #12840
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I have always felt that Tsukune only desired Moka's blood though he feared it would happened with other people as well

His desire for Moka's blood was in part a sign that his body was becoming "addicted" to the injections he was getting from her that eventually led to his descent into "Ghouldom" I feel that the holy lock reduces these cravings while it controls the more damaging effects of Moka's Blood within him

just my opinion and that and a buck can buy you a cup of coffee (as long as you don't go to Starbucks)
Well, that might be true, well it might be possible that Tsukune won't be needing blood since he still is partially human and if he starts needing blood it might signify that he is transforming into a vampire, or some "being" that is closer to being a vampire then being a human.

About the Holy Lock everything is possible, since how it works was never explained in the manga.

Now if we talk about Tsukune's body, the question is .... will it stay as it is ... or there still some transformations that are happening there. I think that Tsukune's transformation still haven't been completed since there is still the risk that Tsukune will go homicidal on everyone around him.

I think that Tsukune's vampire power's, when he reaches his full potential, are going to be on the same level as Moka's, the only thing that Tsukune needs right now is lot's of time, before he learns martial arts at the level Inner Moka possesses,and become as fast as her, but what is going to take the most time for him to breach is how much Youki energy Tsukune can use, because it's not something he can learn ... to me it depends on how much youkai energy his body can take before reaching it's limits (which means that his consciousness goes kaput)

I think this is what is changing in Tsukune's body ... in my opinion every time Tsukune uses his vampire abilities, his body limits are going up, meaning that Tsukune can use and control more youki with every time he transforms to his "vampire form", and after some time ( a long time) he probably won't be at risk of changing into a "Ghoul" anymore, but what Tsukune will be called at that time is pretty much unknown.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire