AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-19, 15:50   Link #201
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Last episode to go.

Sometimes I'd hate seeing short series (12 episodes) because I can't just get enough of Corti's animation, haha. (I don't normally re-watch anime too.)

I vaguely remember anything from the "prequel" because that was 2 years ago. But a girl with two different types of "body structure": One being cool and beautiful, the other cute and so lovely.. Yeah, I still can't forget Corti, haha.

I just got hooked on to Crimson S not too long ago and it seems that Phoron went back to square one, instead of the imbued skills he had back in the "prequel". The rest of other people like Eufinley, Prine, Perse and Renbart: I am pretty sure Crimson S is actually a flashback of the past because I don't remember seeing events happening in an Academia. The "prequel" series is more of what happens in future when they are grown adult (They have office, don't they?).

I didn't follow through the novels so my facts and figures are not quite on track, but I don't believe my memory fails me in that sense too, haha.

Anyway, I am glad this anime is back because it's one of the few you'd see a fusion between combat and music. (Wait, I've never actually came across any others with the same kind of battle - SSP is unique i.m.o.) Even though it looks abit lame when Eufinley is playing her violin and chatting with Phoron at the same time.. the scene itself can be quite a turn-off but when the spirit gets empowered, my interest had an instant arousal.

Spoiler for My prediction for Episode 12 (it's obvious):

I need somemore 8-wings eyefeast before this anime ends, so I hope she display those sexiness and end everything epicly.

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 2009-06-19 at 16:22.
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 18:06   Link #202
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
I am pretty sure Crimson S is actually a flashback of the past because I don't remember seeing events happening in an Academia. The "prequel" series is more of what happens in future when they are grown adult (They have office, don't they?).
You've basically figured it out. This show is actually the "prequel" from a story perspective, and is based on the original games that started the franchise. The first Polyphonica anime series was based on the larger novel universe of after-stories and spin-offs, and took place after the game in the timeline. So if someone were new to the franchise, it'd probably be better to watch Crimson S first, and then maybe the first anime for some "bonus stories". This anime is the main "Crimson" story, though.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 13:30   Link #203
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 13:31   Link #204
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
You've basically figured it out. This show is actually the "prequel" from a story perspective, and is based on the original games that started the franchise. The first Polyphonica anime series was based on the larger novel universe of after-stories and spin-offs, and took place after the game in the timeline. So if someone were new to the franchise, it'd probably be better to watch Crimson S first, and then maybe the first anime for some "bonus stories". This anime is the main "Crimson" story, though.
Thanks for the clarification, and I hope there would be a continuation for the main "Crimson" story, or any other arc will do (to satisfy my hunger for those sexy one-man orchestra, haha).

And certainly:

Spoiler for Reflection and Review:

Nevertheless, I am hoping for more Corti in times to come (which I believe that the possibility is really low).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2009-06-21, 13:50   Link #205
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 14:09   Link #206
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Spoiler for Episode 11:

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 2009-06-21 at 14:28.
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 13:00   Link #207
wa-totem
3v!L Overlord

Aww.

Episode 12 was awesome, even if predictable.

Looking from the perspective of the old series, the outcome was absolutely predictable, but... oh well.

And they played the vocal-on version of L'Aura/Dandelion too... though I was kinda shocked, that there was not a single line for the song in the credits!

Gah.

I wonder if they will release a rehashed OST of sorts... would be awesome.

Princesses and Witches
wa-totem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 13:04   Link #208
Midonin
Last Engage

There is a Crimson S OST in the listings, so your wish will be granted. Once again, two discs.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 09:41   Link #209
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch the last episode (i watched the 1st and 2nd episode and i dropped but i wanted to watch the end to see how it ends )

So the blong guy isn't the bad guy here , not like the first release of this anime .
Just one thing , who was the little boy in the end ? Phoron's son ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 09:44   Link #210
lordxghostx

Haha, I was kind of shocked to see corti's entire costume set when she turned 8 wings. I didnt read that at any point in the manga. Usually she just turns 6wings and blow every1 away.
I was also looking forward to MORE of Nanase's composures after I heard a few of them in the previous episodes. But seems like they just re-used them. Argh. If anything, i still think of the animation quite poorly, it just doesnt rub well with me, especially the way they drew the characters.
lordxghostx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 19:35   Link #211
wa-totem
3v!L Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
There is a Crimson S OST in the listings, so your wish will be granted. Once again, two discs.
YES!!
You just made my day, Good Sir.

Any details? Dates? Sources? JP is fine, too.

*__*

Have a Corti:
Spoiler for 8-wing goodness:

Princesses and Witches

Last edited by wa-totem; 2009-06-23 at 19:47.
Old 2009-06-23, 19:56   Link #212
capped

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxghostx View Post
Haha, I was kind of shocked to see corti's entire costume set when she turned 8 wings. I didnt read that at any point in the manga. Usually she just turns 6wings and blow every1 away.
I was also looking forward to MORE of Nanase's composures after I heard a few of them in the previous episodes. But seems like they just re-used them. Argh. If anything, i still think of the animation quite poorly, it just doesnt rub well with me, especially the way they drew the characters.
I agree. Especially compared to the first episode while not 'crisp' like the 'first' series, was higher in detail. They dropped the ball later in the series.
capped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 20:10   Link #213
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa-totem View Post
Any details? Dates? Sources? JP is fine, too.

*__*
The current release date is listed as 7/22.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 20:21   Link #214
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The current release date is listed as 7/22.
Here's the Amazon link as well. Priced at 3,200 Yen for the two-disc set. Looking forward to it!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 05:08   Link #215
wa-totem
3v!L Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Here's the Amazon link as well. Priced at 3,200 Yen for the two-disc set. Looking forward to it!
...and 6,200 for the new one and old "Atmosphere" OST bundle... *clickety-click*

*__*

Princesses and Witches
Old 2009-06-24, 14:57   Link #216
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
It may not have been the most grand series ever, but I definitely liked it. Then again it helps that I'm fond of Corti, Perse, Prine, and Mizel. Mizel needed more screen time. Prine's shoe throwing was kind of amusing.
Old 2009-06-27, 11:02   Link #217
molitar

Well I definitely enjoyed this one better than the first one. This one had a good plot and alot of action Loved it when she went into the Seed Spirit.. Borzon saying impossible.. why impossible after all it is the mother of Corti. All original spirits came from the Seed.. so in essence the Seed is the mother of the spirits. This was a good series. But the first didn't have much to draw me in.

Last edited by molitar; 2009-06-27 at 11:38.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 11:54   Link #218
Manic
real men love pink

yeah you cant even compare this one to the original, story wise they are worlds apart. I had no problems with this series and thought it was one of the better shows airing this season, and if it had aired in the winter it probably would have been the best.

I dont know anything about the game or novel, but was this all the story for corti/phoron or is there another story we might see down the road?
Old 2009-06-27, 12:48   Link #219
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Well I definitely enjoyed this one better than the first one. This one had a good plot and alot of action
yeah i find this one significantly better than the first one. the first one was like... pointless with really bad animation. this one has a decent plot and a upgraded character design.

i enjoyed this one alot, probably more than some of the other highly popular ones out there this season.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 13:55   Link #220
lordxghostx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
yeah you cant even compare this one to the original, story wise they are worlds apart. I had no problems with this series and thought it was one of the better shows airing this season, and if it had aired in the winter it probably would have been the best.

I dont know anything about the game or novel, but was this all the story for corti/phoron or is there another story we might see down the road?
What this anime has done is follow the original game I believe, which is covered in essentially only 1 of the 8 existing light novels. So yes, there are alot more other stories about them kicking butt for the good of the world. After all, they did become legends in their own right after everything was done and over. A pair that even transcended the 4 great dantists I believe. So yea, there are alot more to the universe of Polyphonica, but only if u follow the light novels which unfortunately are avaliable in only Jap. But hey, look at it this way, u get to see epic illustrations from the man himself, Noboru Kannatsuki.

Well we can always hope for another season right? Who knows? If demand is strong enough... Hehe.
lordxghostx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen