Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-13, 15:01   Link #61
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I remeber people saying same thing about vizards...
"They are so cool! they have hollow powers like Ichigo! They have more experience so they are more bad ass! When will come the vizards to kick Aizen's ass? Yeh, the vizards are here to kick some asses! Yeh... the vizards had... fallen... "

Remember my words, Fullbringers will have same fate as vizards or Espada... they will get owned without doing much.
Vizards were coller, but Fullbringers are stronger. The ability is already almost god modding
Old 2011-01-13, 15:53   Link #62
Kallen4life

we haven't seen it in battle yet, I would reserve judgement .. sipping juice with telekinesis wins a fight not

but I rather like the concept .. now show me SS or an alive Grimmy making out with adult Nel in HM !
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-01-13, 16:05   Link #63
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
we haven't seen it in battle yet, I would reserve judgement .. sipping juice with telekinesis wins a fight not

but I rather like the concept .. now show me SS or an alive Grimmy making out with adult Nel in HM !
we know grimmy is comming back sooner or latter
Old 2011-01-13, 16:18   Link #64
kitten320

That's right, we still didn't see a thing of what they can do. It does seem interesting right now but all depends on how Kubo will develop them.

However, Chad being one of them doesn't bring much hope -cough-
Old 2011-01-13, 16:27   Link #65
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I can feel plot holes though

I can't wait to see how it all pans out
Old 2011-01-13, 16:37   Link #66
Kallen4life

Quote:
I can feel plot holes though
gee, you think ? should we let Kubo know ?
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-13, 17:00   Link #67
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
That seems to imply if a guy gets attacked, his sperm is somehow affected too, and whoever he impregnates will give birth to a superbaby. That's.... also pretty interesting. Side effects from hollow attacks include sperm mutation. yayz!
I loled.... wonder which lucky man that got attacked by Hollow, but managed to get away from it, and still could live long enough to impregnate a woman.
Old 2011-01-13, 17:15   Link #68
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Vizards were coller, but Fullbringers are stronger. The ability is already almost god modding
Your assumptions aren't supported by any reasonable arguments.

If you assume that Vizards are weaker, you imply that Fullbringers will outmatch Vizards in speed (sonido/shunpo) and strength-power(bankai/shikai/kidou/hollow mask), which is yet not known to us.

Assuming something about power levels in Bleach is as random as picking a random number from a random digit table.
Old 2011-01-13, 17:21   Link #69
Kallen4life

fullbringers are the new bountos :O
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-13, 17:23   Link #70
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Your assumptions aren't supported by any reasonable arguments.

If you assume that Vizards are weaker, you imply that Fullbringers will outmatch Vizards in speed (sonido/shunpo) and strength-power(bankai/shikai/kidou/hollow mask), which is yet not known to us.

Assuming something about power levels in Bleach is as random as picking a random number from a random digit table.
It is not that just the ability is more powerful
Old 2011-01-13, 17:37   Link #71
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
It is not that just the ability is more powerful
Except we don't know that. There might be huge weaknesses to their power.
Old 2011-01-13, 17:44   Link #72
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
Except we don't know that. There might be huge weaknesses to their power.
That is mainly what were missing. I am sure there is one. I have a guess though. The can't amplify things at more than one time like Chad's hand being fillabusted likey that is all that can be done or Ginjero's necklace likely that is all he can fillbust
Old 2011-01-13, 17:46   Link #73
kitten320

Yeh, like for example that sword will crack from one hit.
Old 2011-01-13, 17:55   Link #74
secretzfan
*Fansubber

That not a real weakness to fillabusting it self neither is it a good one
Chad is still up so not a weaknesses for fillabusting since Chad's hands still up. Like maybe all fillabusters have the same amount of power in there strikes
Old 2011-01-13, 18:20   Link #75
TheRime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-I find it utterly appauling that neither one of you included Rukia into the mix here. Do you guys honestly want her to be with Renji of all people? I'd sooner hand her over to Ken-chan /joke.
Well, I find it utterly appalling that none of us remembered Ginjou, who got as far as asking Ichigo out for ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Wait did their mothers survive the hollow attacks? If they did then how did they survive them, also why didn't their mothers gain abilities.
They probably survived because a Soul Reaper stepped in, rescued them, and sprayed them with amnesia dust. And mothers don't get abilities because in Bleach, mothers are just there to create angst and fist-clenching rants of revenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raitos View Post
O.K. everything makes sense, but what about in the case of Ichigo's father. He's a shinigami so he most likely (in his past) got attacked by hollows all the time and you would suppose he would get wounded at least once from a mission/assignment by a hollow. So does that mean Ichigo has fullbring to begin with? But Ichigo never showed any signs of this. But Ichigo's mother is a human and his dad is a shinigami, so it might cancel out or something. On a side note since his dad is dead already its like a zombie and a human kinda had a kid... I mean how does a dead person have a kid with a living person? Yea.... /brain dies

O.K. I understand EVERYTHING now. All the shinigamis are zombies. But shinigamis can die just like zombies can die a second time!... so maybe when a shinigami dies they go from being a "zombie" to dead dead which is like actual death in our world they basically go to heaven or something. Also what about orihime does this mean her mother/father got attacked by a hollow? How can a human survive a hollow attack, what would happen if super sperm dad got lady pregnant and then said prego lady got attacked by another hollow and then lived would be like a super saiyan kid or something? Also since ichigo is a human and a shinigami what happens if ichigo dies does he automatically become a regular shinigami?

Bleach logic - kills people who are already dead.
LOL. I know, right? Actually, I'm pretty sure KT meant "we all had a mother who was attacked by hollows before we were born." It wouldn't make sense otherwise, because... well, then there'd be a lot more fullbringers around, because lusty men waiting to sow their wild oats are far more common than pregnant women on a given day.

Unless... *gasp* ladies can get the latent abilities even if they're not pregnant? ARGH!
Old 2011-01-13, 18:35   Link #76
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Well, despite the fact that Ichigo has lost his powers, he still has an uncanny ability to attract lollies.
Old 2011-01-13, 18:45   Link #77
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

sounds like a retcon. Weren't we told that Chad's powers came from the fact Ichigo's powers were leaking? Or is that only for His other friends?
Old 2011-01-13, 19:25   Link #78
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
Well, despite the fact that Ichigo has lost his powers, he still has an uncanny ability to attract lollies.
...so the term "loli" includes adult females with breasts now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
sounds like a retcon. Weren't we told that Chad's powers came from the fact Ichigo's powers were leaking? Or is that only for His other friends?
No retcon. The characters THOUGHT Chad's powers cam from Ichigo, when they had little evidence to support that claim.
Old 2011-01-13, 19:43   Link #79
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Actually we inhale a larger portion of nitrogen than oxygen (although we only need the oxygen) and we exhale carbon DIoxide; carbon monoxide would kill us dead.

-Ah crap that's right. Shows what I know about human biology don't it ? I just failed at elementary knowledge (:v).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
What? You didn't get enough of a break from me over the holidays?
-Would you be surprised if I said "No"? Though I may not agree with your statements, they're rather fun to read at least. So by all means, don't change man (^_^) b, just don't go overboard.

Quote:
-Bad colorspread ("I know! I'll just blot 85% of it with black ink, put some red squares in the background and then do a gradient fill to color in Ichigo!")
-Ichigo overreacting to shit
-Kubo's continued and relentless use of empty space and overly large panels
-Kubo taking 20 pages to do what he could have done in 5 pages.
-(Another) Retcon of Chad's and (presumably) Orihime's powers.
-"We got our powers because Hollows attacked our mothers before we were born and they transferred their powers to us because that makes perfect sense!"

Just to name a few.
-Eh, I don't ever bother with the colour spreads unless they got the juicy eye candy (by which I mean the lovely ladies of Bleach). So this is hardly something to care about deeply.
-Yeah, he overacts. Just like every single major protagonist in this damn manga. It ain't the 1st time this happened.
-I thought his style has been like that for years now. Dissing on it now ain't gonna change it unless Kubo has another brain surgery.
-Considering we had years of chapters filled with nothing but fighting left and right, this is a welcome change of pace. Granted its a snail's one but its at least different.
-Considering the origin of their powers was not fully explained anyway, I don't see the problem. But even if this is a retcon, its hardly something rare. Retcons happen all the time in comics. Kubo is no virgin when it comes to that.

Quote:
Yes, repetition can be beneficial in certain stories (not just shonen), like the repetition of the Strawhats going to an island and fighting bad guys or the Power Rangers going up against a monster every week. But the thing is that even then the author(s) vary up the plot each time they do it. They bring something new to the table. What Kubo is doing is using the same story elements only with different generic cardboard characters. Ichigo meets a bunch of people who have some random power who will help him get some random power. Bunch of random bad guys show up who want some random thing that Ichigo doesn't care about. Ichigo goes and recues something (maybe his badge). What's frustrating is that Bleach has (or had) the potential to do more than follow some BS repetitive story arcs.

Oh, but don't think for even a second that this the main reason I'm criticizing Bleach. There is much that is so horribly wrong with this terrible series. You think I'm hard Naruto? Bleach is an agonizing shitstorm of awful writing, art, and pacing. I just assumed that everyone else here kenw that, but I guess not.
-Oh we know Bleach has its share of bad writing. I just figured we abandoned all sense of plausability and just said "Screw it, let's just enjoy the ride". To me, Bleach is the equivalent to a popcorn movie like "Pirahnna 3D". You know, something that isn't very deep or meaningful, but can still give you a fun time if you let it. And yeah, Bleach had a lot of potential but long-running series eventually lose it. Its just the law of things.
Old 2011-01-13, 21:03   Link #80
Lendial

i would compare bleach to something like transformers 2- boobs, explosions, cgi and non existent plot and originality.

and the art-and kts fetish with mens fashion is probly one of bleach's strongpoint.