AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-22, 23:08   Link #1381
FateAnomaly

He is so dense that a bullet will bounce off his head.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 23:16   Link #1382
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Oh mAi GawD.

What the hell natsuru. Seriously, the dumb dense idiot is seriously pissing me off...is there anyone in this world who can be as thick-skulled as he is?

This episode, along with bits and pieces from previous episodes, really made me change my opinion about Shizuku. Definitely like her the best out of all the girls, though Shizuku deserves someone much better than this idiot Natsuru.
Well, I could completely understand Natsuru's denseness or even his frustration at Shizuku, it's not like she gave him a good impression either (first: attack in library, kidnap Kaede, manipulate authorities to do things her way, stole his first kiss)

Natsuru's belief of Shizuku MUST have a hidden motive behind every move is understandable even if it is faint. And why would he suspect that Kaichou has possible feelings for him. Like he said, "There's no boy that could ever be your boyfriend." (as they won't survive anyways)

So I guess I am the only one that didn't flame the poor guy.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 23:16   Link #1383
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
akane could just very well shoot him, if her date doesn't go off as planned

anyways, let's all just beat up natsuru and steal his harem. all the girls would end off better

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 00:51   Link #1384
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Watched episode 8 and felt it's probably the weakest episode of the first 8. The date seemingly dragged on and on, and the lack of Kämpfer Natsuru hurt the episode for me.

While it seemed a little frustrating to see male Natsuru act the way he did during the date, I can sort of understand the way he's thinking. His mind is already Kaede-locked, so the other girls are given different relationships to him. While Kaede is the potential girlfriend in his mind, he thinks of Shizuku simply as the student council president, Mikoto simply as the childhood friend, and Akane simply as a friend and partner. I highly doubt he's felt that anyone's been interested in him before, so why would he think so now? If one of the idols of the girl side asked me out on a date, I would be a little skeptical myself (though I would had a whole lot more fun with Shizuku than Natsuru did). I will admit that Natsuru is very dense and that he should have figured that Shizuku would not try to draw the White Kämpfers in broad daylight in public, but I can see where Natsuru's thoughts are coming from.

New rankings for the girls after episode 8. A new #1 this week.
5. Mikoto
4. Kaede
3. Akane
2. Natsuru
1. Shizuku

Last edited by puretsundere; 2009-11-23 at 02:06.
puretsundere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 01:12   Link #1385
Clarste
Human

Everything she did on the date is also consistent with her trying to make him uncomfortable, which he also thinks is one of her goals in general. And it probably is.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 02:30   Link #1386
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Everything she did on the date is also consistent with her trying to make him uncomfortable, which he also thinks is one of her goals in general. And it probably is.
Oh come on. Why would it be her goal to make him uncomfortable? She's putting in alot of effort to go on a date with him. Also, it should be uncontested that she wants to be with him - at the end of the last episode she realized that she was feeling jealousy over him. The only things she made him do were date-related stuff like linking arms or buying her a little present. She didn't even get angry at him when he fell asleep while she was revealing important and partly painful personal stuff about herself.

While Natsuru himself has at least the excuse that he can't be sure about her motives, this excuse does not extend to us, the omniscient viewers. Let's not try to outdo Natsuru in thickness, folks ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 02:37   Link #1387
Nemesis

I still dont like this adaptation decay.

Even some of the funny and great and story moments are cut out.Even the Shizuku breast grope during the massage was more reasonable to happen in source material.

And they cut out a great Kampfer Akane moment.

Last edited by Nemesis; 2009-11-23 at 02:47.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 03:12   Link #1388
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
Watched episode 8 and felt it's probably the weakest episode of the first 8. The date seemingly dragged on and on, and the lack of Kämpfer Natsuru hurt the episode for me.

While it seemed a little frustrating to see male Natsuru act the way he did during the date, I can sort of understand the way he's thinking. His mind is already Kaede-locked, so the other girls are given different relationships to him. While Kaede is the potential girlfriend in his mind, he thinks of Shizuku simply as the student council president, Mikoto simply as the childhood friend, and Akane simply as a friend and partner. I highly doubt he's felt that anyone's been interested in him before, so why would he think so now? If one of the idols of the girl side asked me out on a date, I would be a little skeptical myself (though I would had a whole lot more fun with Shizuku than Natsuru did). I will admit that Natsuru is very dense and that he should have figured that Shizuku would not try to draw the White Kämpfers in broad daylight in public, but I can see where Natsuru's thoughts are coming from.

New rankings for the girls after episode 8. A new #1 this week.
5. Mikoto
4. Kaede
3. Akane
2. Natsuru
1. Shizuku
Good points all-around.

Perhaps one of Natsuru's coping mechanisms for his gender-bent situation is to neatly classify everybody close to him, and to not even think twice about it. This allows him to focus more intensely on the Kampfer situation in general (which he clearly is very intensely focused on given how much thought he's giving to those white kampfers ).

Basically, I don't think that he's emotionally ready to deal with somebody liking him right now... unless it's Kaede, since he's had an infatuation for her before the Kampfer situation even came to the fore.

Basically, he's purposely (perhaps at a subconscious level) putting binders up around his eyes and not letting anything that doesn't go with his classifications get through.

Just an idea.
Old 2009-11-23, 03:25   Link #1389
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oh come on. Why would it be her goal to make him uncomfortable? She's putting in alot of effort to go on a date with him. Also, it should be uncontested that she wants to be with him - at the end of the last episode she realized that she was feeling jealousy over him. The only things she made him do were date-related stuff like linking arms or buying her a little present. She didn't even get angry at him when he fell asleep while she was revealing important and partly painful personal stuff about herself.

While Natsuru himself has at least the excuse that he can't be sure about her motives, this excuse does not extend to us, the omniscient viewers. Let's not try to outdo Natsuru in thickness, folks ^_^;
I only meant from his perspective.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 03:36   Link #1390
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

OMG a pool episode

also

Woot akane has a 1% fighting chance now all it left is for the president to have a part in his brain anso does mokoto hahahaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 04:13   Link #1391
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Natsuru's logic in thinking that the date was a ruse to draw out the white Kampher does make sense when you consider that 1, a new enemy has appeared (at least new to him). 2, Shizuku is a smart girl and logically wouldn't ignore the new threat and just go out on a date unless there was a strategic reason. 3, Shizuku has used him before as a means to accomplish certain goals (tagging along with him when his girl-form was invited to Kaede's house to gain information). Not to mention that Shizuku enrolled his girl-form to the female division of their school, started the rumor that he and girl-Natsuru were dating which cause all kinds of misunderstandings, and blackmailed him into participating in the Miss Seitetsu beauty contest. It should be pretty obvious why he is distrusting of her intentions.

Of course, any normal person would realize halfway through that date that it was a REAL date. But this is Natsuru we are talking about. Shizuku doesn't help her case in not plainly stating to him her feelings (i.e. “好き です”). Dropping subtle hints like "You can call me Shizuku", "If you want to be my boyfriend...", "Is your heart thumping? Well, mine is", and "I don't mind if you stay over" isn't enough to get through to Natsuru. Although I doubt telling him straight up will convince him either.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 04:30   Link #1392
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

"Natsuru's logic" ...

Spoiler:

He's clearly suffering brain damage.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 04:39   Link #1393
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
"Natsuru's logic" ...

Spoiler:

He's clearly suffering brain damage.
HAHAHAHA lol.He's really one of the stupidest harem leads ive seen.Wonder if the author ever wanted to make Natsuru a parody to dumb harem leads.
Old 2009-11-23, 05:02   Link #1394
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
HAHAHAHA lol.He's really one of the stupidest harem leads ive seen.Wonder if the author ever wanted to make Natsuru a parody to dumb harem leads.
Considering the school where he comes from.. his background really doesn't surprise me.

I can also imagine why there's a barrier between the boys and girls side.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 05:12   Link #1395
Mentar
Banned

Before the "Natsuru is oh so focused on the Kämpfer war" narrative spreads too much: You do realize that when Shizuku started to explain a couple of important and interesting things, he fell asleep, right?

In the anime, Natsuru is very passive. Except for his highlight scene "rescue Sakura-san" and the subsequent fight against Shizuku, he's mostly been dragged around (usually against his will). Things are done for him and to him, and he tries to somehow deal with the difficulties. Which in itself isn't a bad thing, but we should not consider him a highly active mover and shaker. Otherwise it would have been his duty to use the Shizuku date to learn more about the whole Kämpfer deal.
Old 2009-11-23, 05:22   Link #1396
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Before the "Natsuru is oh so focused on the Kämpfer war" narrative spreads too much: You do realize that when Shizuku started to explain a couple of important and interesting things, he fell asleep, right?

In the anime, Natsuru is very passive. Except for his highlight scene "rescue Sakura-san" and the subsequent fight against Shizuku, he's mostly been dragged around (usually against his will). Things are done for him and to him, and he tries to somehow deal with the difficulties. Which in itself isn't a bad thing, but we should not consider him a highly active mover and shaker. Otherwise it would have been his duty to use the Shizuku date to learn more about the whole Kämpfer deal.
What? Someone using Shizuku for their own gains? Instead of the other way around? Inconceivable!
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 05:36   Link #1397
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
What? Someone using Shizuku for their own gains? Instead of the other way around? Inconceivable!
This is what's frustrating me a bit. A character as well-defined, interesting and smart as Shizuku would be pure gold if she had a strong counterpart able to stand up to her. To make the gives and takes more balanced.

Also, as someone who really appreciates quality flirting, I was grinning at Shizuku's various openings (like, for example, her dokidoki comment on the train), but alas, Natsuru dropped them all. Ouch >_<

Ah well. There's hope. And at least, it gives a looong opportunity for gradual improvement.
Old 2009-11-23, 06:00   Link #1398
Joachim
et tu, brute?

male natsuru really is the male lead type that i hate the most... whats with that otherworldy density of his anyway
Old 2009-11-23, 06:06   Link #1399
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
More like he's so dense Shizuku would rape him and he'd still think it was a plan to trick the white Kampfer.
Old 2009-11-23, 06:18   Link #1400
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
More like he's so dense Shizuku would rape him and he'd still think it was a plan to trick the white Kampfer.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
That was really very funny way to describe Natsuru's density.

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen