AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 11:03   Link #5481
Eragon
Still Alive

New op is less of a spoiler than the previous one's. I just fell in love with Erza all over again

This is the kind of fan-service that I like. Just in the right amounts.
Old 2013-02-02, 12:03   Link #5482
Dextro
He Without a Title

Spoiler for This weeks episode:
Old 2013-02-02, 12:48   Link #5483
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Spoiler for This weeks episode:
i thought the score will go in five or six digits without stopping and the MPF will burst without a doubt

i wonder why everyone is making such a big deal of someone who is extremely overpowered and very exaggerated through out the series, doing a very very difficult task,
for me Cana's moment was more liking
Old 2013-02-02, 13:01   Link #5484
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
i thought the score will go in five or six digits without stopping and the MPF will burst without a doubt

i wonder why everyone is making such a big deal of someone who is extremely overpowered and very exaggerated through out the series, doing a very very difficult task,
for me Cana's moment was more liking
It was more appealing to watch someone who picked up a super magic from the first Master of Fairy Tail? It'd be like sending Laxus out there and having him blow it away with Fairy Law. Cana was a good choice for the sake of showmanship and entertainment though.

I don't see the problem with Erza. Calling Erza overpowered when you have characters like Zeref wandering around is questionable. Most powerful in the guild still goes to Gildarts. Erza's victory involved skill, tactical thinking, and a good deal of courage to take on the challenge. In the end I think lines "so and so is overpowered" is frankly overused.
Old 2013-02-02, 13:10   Link #5485
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It was more appealing to watch someone who picked up a super magic from the first Master of Fairy Tail? It'd be like sending Laxus out there and having him blow it away with Fairy Law. Cana was a good choice for the sake of showmanship and entertainment though.

I don't see the problem with Erza. Calling Erza overpowered when you have characters like Zeref wandering around is questionable. Most powerful in the guild still goes to Gildarts. Erza's victory involved skill, tactical thinking, and a good deal of courage to take on the challenge. In the end I think lines "so and so is overpowered" is frankly overused.
that's the thing, she has skill, tactical thinking, immense magic power, powerful magic , she is so powerful and fierce that Natsu(himself being an overpowered character) and Gray fear her, she is called Monster because of her strength, and she has the title of "Titania"(which means Fairy Queen), she is super hot, men drool at her sight, she is best in everything, and in addition to all this she also found love.

if this is not overpowered then what is it?, she is so much very overpowered in all aspect, and as for battling i think there is not a single battle in which she was defeated

Gildarts yes is very powerful but was also beaten by Bluenote, someone being powerful is not overpowered but Erza is
Old 2013-02-02, 13:51   Link #5486
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Cana's moment was while funny, flat out cheating. It looked more like stealing Jura's rightful victory. Something that'd suit Raven Tail more but I'll forgive Mavis since she's cute doing it.

Erza however is a truly powerful character that didn't inherit god hand techniques, didn't have a dragon mentor, her style doesn't involve broken plotkai magics, etc. She worked for it and literally she's a self-made person. She overcame a task that would be a challenge even for the strongest of the strongest, wizard saints. Heck, she's a wizard saint in all but name itself. She all around is a true badass in both character and ability.

Moreover, physical combat characters are always the most fun to watch in any shounen battle anime while hardest to animate. So she puts a great show whenever in action.

The series without her would be rather dull, none of the other leads come close to her charisma and action.
Ultramarinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 14:11   Link #5487
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Best character:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 14:50   Link #5488
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
Cana's moment was while funny, flat out cheating. It looked more like stealing Jura's rightful victory. Something that'd suit Raven Tail more but I'll forgive Mavis since she's cute doing it.

Erza however is a truly powerful character that didn't inherit god hand techniques, didn't have a dragon mentor, her style doesn't involve broken plotkai magics, etc. She worked for it and literally she's a self-made person. She overcame a task that would be a challenge even for the strongest of the strongest, wizard saints. Heck, she's a wizard saint in all but name itself. She all around is a true badass in both character and ability.

Moreover, physical combat characters are always the most fun to watch in any shounen battle anime while hardest to animate. So she puts a great show whenever in action.

The series without her would be rather dull, none of the other leads come close to her charisma and action.
i am not disagreeing to anything of this, my point is she is too much exaggerated and overpowered,
there wasn't a single moment during her challenge that one would feel that she might lose or gravely injured, everyone just know that she will win,
a very very powerful character doing a very very difficult task, it wasn't someone coming up hardship going through struggle and taking the victory, the moment she entered entered the field it was fixed that she is going to be the winner even before the challenge was revealed.
she will just come out victorious and it's already known,if it was a 1000 monsters still she would had won, there is nothing special about that.

i'll say Elfman's fight was a lot better than this, because the anime is not set for him to win all the time

anything or anyone against Erza is just outright pwnage

frankly speaking i was neutral about her, but since the grand magic games started i don't like her at all, and this is the very reason
Old 2013-02-02, 15:00   Link #5489
bigdeath

When was the last time Erza lost a fight? Enough said. Still, seeing Cana go way over 9,000 and break the device was fun. And now Fairy Tail has their due respect back.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 16:20   Link #5490
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
i am not disagreeing to anything of this, my point is she is too much exaggerated and overpowered,
there wasn't a single moment during her challenge that one would feel that she might lose or gravely injured, everyone just know that she will win,
a very very powerful character doing a very very difficult task, it wasn't someone coming up hardship going through struggle and taking the victory, the moment she entered entered the field it was fixed that she is going to be the winner even before the challenge was revealed.
she will just come out victorious and it's already known,if it was a 1000 monsters still she would had won, there is nothing special about that.

i'll say Elfman's fight was a lot better than this, because the anime is not set for him to win all the time

frankly speaking i was neutral about her, but since the grand magic games started i don't like her at all, and this is the very reason
Then we clearly didn't watch the same episodes. Everyone was commenting on how she was being pushed to the limit and S-class monster injured her quite a bit. It was someone going through hardship and persevering. It wasn't someone who was literally beaten, dropped dead, then magically rises up with newfound NAKAMA POWAH (a la 100% of Natsu battles, those are by far the worst, like Bleach Ichigo asspull powers everytime) if that's what you meant.

1000 monsters? How so? Everybody had to acknowledge that 99 + S-class was simply a legendary feat. Did you not see that she was on the verge on collapsing there at the end anyway?

This was Erza's first fight in this arc, what are you talking about really? If you don't like the character, that's up to you. But at least explain the reasons properly. Everybody has lost battles till now except Natsu. Erza is clearly stated as the strongest of the main cast from the start anyway, not to mention that this fight was her forte. No plotkai-enhanced enemies, physical fights, basic element variations that can be countered. Out of those people, Erza and Jura were the only ones who could manage this.
Old 2013-02-02, 16:47   Link #5491
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'd say Orga would be able to do it as well.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 16:52   Link #5492
TCman

Quote:

Well, the censoring didn't help, I think. I mean without all her wounds and blood on her body (as in the manga) it looks like Erza had it easy when she's fighting in the game against those many monsters in the anime.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-02-03 at 14:10. Reason: Removed the spoilerly bit...
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 16:57   Link #5493
mtgowns

Quote:
Then we clearly didn't watch the same episodes. Everyone was commenting on how she was being pushed to the limit and S-class monster injured her quite a bit. It was someone going through hardship and persevering. It wasn't someone who was literally beaten, dropped dead, then magically rises up with newfound NAKAMA POWAH (a la 100% of Natsu battles, those are by far the worst, like Bleach Ichigo asspull powers everytime) if that's what you meant.

1000 monsters? How so? Everybody had to acknowledge that 99 + S-class was simply a legendary feat. Did you not see that she was on the verge on collapsing there at the end anyway?

This was Erza's first fight in this arc, what are you talking about really? If you don't like the character, that's up to you. But at least explain the reasons properly. Everybody has lost battles till now except Natsu. Erza is clearly stated as the strongest of the main cast from the start anyway, not to mention that this fight was her forte. No plotkai-enhanced enemies, physical fights, basic element variations that can be countered. Out of those people, Erza and Jura were the only ones who could manage this.
By the way, Natsu did lose handedly at the Tower of Heaven to the owl thing. And also to Gildarts but that obviously doesn't count.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 17:43   Link #5494
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'd say Orga would be able to do it as well.
I'm not sure as we don't know the extent of his powers but he looked and talked very much like he was bitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgowns View Post
By the way, Natsu did lose handedly at the Tower of Heaven to the owl thing. And also to Gildarts but that obviously doesn't count.
Can't recall the owlman fight but yeah, Gildarts thing was more of a forfeit. And thankfully it was so, would have been beyond absurd otherwise.
Old 2013-02-02, 17:53   Link #5495
Green-ill

Erza ftw. Cana's a badass, actin all drunk and shit, people be like 'Pff she aint gona do shit.' Fairy Glitta in da house mofos, and straight out 9999
Green-ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 18:12   Link #5496
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Then we clearly didn't watch the same episodes. Everyone was commenting on how she was being pushed to the limit and S-class monster injured her quite a bit.It was someone going through hardship and persevering. It wasn't someone who was literally beaten, dropped dead, then magically rises up with newfound NAKAMA POWAH (a la 100% of Natsu battles, those are by far the worst, like Bleach Ichigo asspull powers everytime) if that's what you meant.

don't know how much more properly i need to explain this*sigh*
i am not talking about the ones inside the anime i am talking about us the viewers, i bet none of the viewer had a single thought that she might lose because let's face it she always wins,

Okay fairy tail was losing at the beginning weren't they, then why din't they show Erza losing, a simple reason for that is because she is a character who is fixed never to lose, that is overpowered not only in battle but as an entire character

if you still require an explanation then i cannot explain you anymore, because i have explained myself well enough for everyone to understand my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post

Well, the censoring didn't help, I think. I mean without all her wounds and blood on her body (as in the manga) it looks like Erza had it easy when she's fighting in the game against those many monsters in the anime.
this may be a factor but still if in the anime it is possible to show other characters in danger and on the verge of losing then it should have been possible in her case as well
Old 2013-02-02, 19:07   Link #5497
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
don't know how much more properly i need to explain this*sigh*
i am not talking about the ones inside the anime i am talking about us the viewers, i bet none of the viewer had a single thought that she might lose because let's face it she always wins,

Okay fairy tail was losing at the beginning weren't they, then why din't they show Erza losing, a simple reason for that is because she is a character who is fixed never to lose, that is overpowered not only in battle but as an entire character

if you still require an explanation then i cannot explain you anymore, because i have explained myself well enough for everyone to understand my point

Soooo, are you pissed that they showed Lucy AND Gray losing but not Erza? Lucy only lost because of a outside interference, Gray is got his ass handed to him legitimately by a skilled opponent.
Erza is an S-class wizard if you haven't forgotten - she and Natsu(MC) are their teams reliable fallback to players. One more thing, her power, as pointed out by someone before, does not come from asspulls(except that one time against Azuma). Even Makarov was considering making her the Guild Master - and he would have made her if not for her inexperience or rather age. So, she would have to be matched up against someone like Jura or Laxus to make her loss seem legit. Just because she is stronger than most her opponents doesn't mean she is never gonna lose and these weren't even wizards she was fighting. Jura would have defeated them too.
Old 2013-02-02, 19:49   Link #5498
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

In fact, even Azuma fight went that way thanks to Tenroujima, Azuma didn't realize that the tree had a will of its own. An outside interference still but makes sense. Azuma had powered up siphoning its power in the first place, counting too much on that came back to bite him in the ass.

Lucy lost due to heavy cheating both inside and outside, Gray lost his cool. Chariot was unlucky. Erza had to go all out to reverse the tide in a way when nobody can intervene. She had the strength and capability to pull it off, she did. I'm not seeing how this goes against her character, she was portrayed as a monster right at the start of the whole story. It was only after mages like Gildarts began to arrive that she began to seem relatively normal. She's not.
Old 2013-02-02, 21:50   Link #5499
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
People also tend to forget that FT battles aren't all about pure power, either. A lot of Erza's strength comes from her tactical thinking, as we saw demonstrated here. Her initial attack felt out defensive capabilities, and then she began mixing and matching her weapons and armor to give her the advantage based on who she was fighting. Sure, she's strong physically/magically, but that isn't all of it.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 22:38   Link #5500
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Soooo, are you pissed that they showed Lucy AND Gray losing but not Erza? Lucy only lost because of a outside interference, Gray is got his ass handed to him legitimately by a skilled opponent.
Erza is an S-class wizard if you haven't forgotten - she and Natsu(MC) are their teams reliable fallback to players. One more thing, her power, as pointed out by someone before, does not come from asspulls(except that one time against Azuma). Even Makarov was considering making her the Guild Master - and he would have made her if not for her inexperience or rather age. So, she would have to be matched up against someone like Jura or Laxus to make her loss seem legit. Just because she is stronger than most her opponents doesn't mean she is never gonna lose and these weren't even wizards she was fighting. Jura would have defeated them too.
where did Lucy and Gray come into this, them losing added more taste to when they will fight again.
i am pissed because Erza never ever loses, and i don't think there is any logic to ranking here, after seeing Natsu beat one of the ten great saints, and all the main bosses of all the arcs even though he is a normal level mage,
i am actually happy that the Captain of the guards made a mistake and paired Elfman against Baccus because if it were Erza, then it wouldn't be fun at all.
she being an S-class mage had nothing to do with it, Laxus is also an S-class mage but has never been shown win even a single battle, even though he is powerful than Erza, what would you call this?, is this not just clearly overpowering Erza just because of her characerter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
People also tend to forget that FT battles aren't all about pure power, either. A lot of Erza's strength comes from her tactical thinking, as we saw demonstrated here. Her initial attack felt out defensive capabilities, and then she began mixing and matching her weapons and armor to give her the advantage based on who she was fighting. Sure, she's strong physically/magically, but that isn't all of it.
exactly she is strong physically/magically, and she is so very powerful, and hot and beautiful and everything,

why the hell does she always have to win and be perfect all the time in everything?!
and it's feels even more pathetic when they try to show in the anime that she has many problems

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen