AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-02-28, 16:17   Link #461
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
As for best new actress how about Megumi Han? I would have also said Asami Seto but I am not sure if she is considered new.
The description says "Award for noteworthy performances from an actress who debuted within the last five years" so Asami Seto definitely counts. She debuted in 2011 IIRC.

I'm pleased Kana Asumi won the Best actress award. As for Yuki Kaji, while I don't hate him anymore, I don't know how to feel about this.... None of his performances this past year seemed particularly noteworthy.
Old 2013-02-28, 16:26   Link #462
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Kaori Ishihara really caught my attention this year so I'm glad to see her recognized, she singlehandedly made me tune in to Rinne no Lagrange every week to hear her as Madoka in Rinne no Lagrange despite the fact I didn't like where the plot was going.
Old 2013-02-28, 19:57   Link #463
Kakkou
Tch.

Coincidentally (or not?) all three leads in Magi won an award this year, which makes this gif from the Magi event rather appropriate:

(L to R: Tomatsu Haruka, Ryohei Kimura, Yuki Kaji, Kaori Ishihara and Daisuke Ono at the back)

Kimura won Best Supporting Actor in the 6th awards while OnoD won Best Actor in the 4th and Best Supporting Actor in the 2nd.

Also I would recommend going to the announcement page of the Seiyu Awards for a better set of profile pictures of the winners. The ones ANN use are small and some also outdated.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 21:21   Link #464
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As for Yuki Kaji, while I don't hate him anymore, I don't know how to feel about this.... None of his performances this past year seemed particularly noteworthy.
Subaru Hasegawa and Haruyuki Arita (should I say controversial?) comes into mind. Or maybe his role in Magi?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 22:00   Link #465
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Sanpei Yuuko gets married

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 10:13   Link #466
Kirarakim

Despite how some of us might feel about Yuki Kaji I think he is popular and well liked in Japan. If he wasn't he wouldn't be getting so many lead roles.

As for my opinion of him I admit it was colored by the types of roles he often gets cast in. This might actually be unfair to him. He's never done a performance that has really wowed me yet but I realize when he plays characters like Satoru, Variation, and Alibaba (although Alibaba does whine a bit) he doesn't annoy me nearly as much. So perhaps it was just the voice he used for certain characters I disliked.

Well Yuki Kaji is obviously here to stay as a lead actor.
Old 2013-03-01, 10:59   Link #467
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Subaru Hasegawa and Haruyuki Arita (should I say controversial?) comes into mind. Or maybe his role in Magi?
Subaru is a role from 2011. Not familiar with the other one. His best role in 2012 was probably Alibaba in Magi. For this year, it's definitely Satoru in Shin Sekai Yori, which might just be his best role so far.
Old 2013-03-02, 04:25   Link #468
judasmartel
*Author

@Kanon Haruyuki "Haru" Arita is the lead male of Accel World. But anyways, what I really liked about Yuki Kaji is his vocal range. He can voice a deep-voiced badass character one second and then a high-pitched whiny character the next.

I really couldn't believe he voiced Haru when I first heard it him.
Old 2013-03-02, 08:00   Link #469
Kakkou
Tch.

The 7th Seiyu Awards presentation ended a while ago.

(Left to Right: Kazutomi Yamamoto, Kaori Ishihara, Yuki Ono, Sayaka Ohara, Yuki Kaji, Kana Asumi, Junichi Suwabe, Haruka Tomatsu, Nobunaga Shimazaki, Rumi Ookubo)
(Megumi Ogata is behind Yuki Ono while Hiroshi Kamiya is behind Kaji. Unfortunately I'm not listing out the rest as there's too many to name.)

Congratulations to all the winners. There were funny moments like the announcer confusing Junichi Suwabe for Yuki Ono and how Suwabe make a small joke out of it in the speech, moments like Kazutomi Yamamoto crying on stage and Kamiyan looking like he was close to doing the same and there were some great speeches by the recipients both young and old. This probably sounds like bias coming from me but one of the best speeches (if not the best) was probably Kaji's and I'm not saying this just because I'm a massive fanboy of his.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2013-03-02 at 10:52. Reason: Added some names.
Old 2013-03-02, 09:29   Link #470
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I like the kimonos that the two ladies sitting next to Kaji-san(I think it's him anyway) are wearing.

And I like the light blue dress the one gal up front is wearing.

*typical female, more concerned about clothes..carry on :P
Old 2013-03-02, 10:53   Link #471
scineram

I am glad they awarded Asumi Kana, Nyarko was awesome, and she had some other good performances.

For the men I wanted Nakamura Yuichi, he had a lot of great roles, from Grizzly to Mikage to Houtaro to Oojima.

But Kaji is fine as well, his Oscar was brilliant.
scineram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 10:57   Link #472
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I like the kimonos that the two ladies sitting next to Kaji-san(I think it's him anyway) are wearing.

And I like the light blue dress the one gal up front is wearing.

*typical female, more concerned about clothes..carry on :P
Added names to the post for convenience. The ones wearing kimonos are Sayaka Ohara and Kana Asumi. Asumin's kimono is definitely lovely. Ohara seems to prefer wear kimonos to every event she attends. The light blue dress you like belongs to Kaori Ishihara, who for a moment had me thinking she wore the same dress she did in the Magi announcement event, but it's not.
Old 2013-03-02, 11:14   Link #473
Kamieichi

Seiyuu Award video posted on niconico
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20226885
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 17:54   Link #474
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Added names to the post for convenience. The ones wearing kimonos are Sayaka Ohara and Kana Asumi. Asumin's kimono is definitely lovely. Ohara seems to prefer wear kimonos to every event she attends. The light blue dress you like belongs to Kaori Ishihara, who for a moment had me thinking she wore the same dress she did in the Magi announcement event, but it's not.
Oh, is that the actress who does Aladdin? She's cute

I remember hearing about Sayaka Ohara before...she'll always be Yuko from xxxholic to me

So that's what Grimmjow's VA looks like....
Old 2013-03-02, 17:56   Link #475
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I think when I think of Sayaka its either Valmet or Erza....and maybe a little but of Peavy too.
Old 2013-03-03, 00:32   Link #476
judasmartel
*Author

I was just thinking, is Yoshitsugu Matsuoka considered a new VA this year? Either way, though, with both him and Yuki Kaji getting more and more lead roles, I am looking forward to a rivalry between them one day.
Old 2013-03-03, 00:37   Link #477
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I was just thinking, is Yoshitsugu Matsuoka considered a new VA this year? Either way, though, with both him and Yuki Kaji getting more and more lead roles, I am looking forward to a rivalry between them one day.
Matsuoka already won Best New Actor at last year's awards along with Takuya Eguchi.
Old 2013-03-03, 00:39   Link #478
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Matsuoka already won Best New Actor at last year's awards along with Takuya Eguchi.
Sounds interesting. A better reason to look forward to a rivalry between Matsuoka and Kaji.
Old 2013-03-06, 11:19   Link #479
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Since Fairy Tail is gonna end soon, I guess I have a feeling that Aya Hirano's seiyuu career will end too!

And yes, Yuuki Kaji and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka would make a great rivalry! Anyone for Versus, the Accel World and Sword Art Online crossover?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 11:27   Link #480
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Since Fairy Tail is gonna end soon, I guess I have a feeling that Aya Hirano's seiyuu career will end too!
Someone here has been reading too much Sankaku complex ....
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote