AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira (OVA) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 4.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 6.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 8.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 11.11%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 19.44%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-26, 05:04   Link #41
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
Deen please just DIE.
Pretty much summarizes everything. Though honestly, I've been praying for this every day to no avail.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-26, 05:12   Link #42
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

DEEN died a long time ago...it is a Zombie now.
Old 2011-07-26, 05:47   Link #43
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
My reaction to the episode. It's the same as what my reaction to the latest Hanasaku Iroha was as well:

Old 2011-07-26, 07:09   Link #44
sa-kun

I actually cried when I saw the OP. It was just so... ...Painful. ; ____ ;

Everything that once was pure and beautiful has now come to this. Oh DEEN, what have you done? Why did you do this?

I'm being serious here.

I don't mind fanservice in general, but when they combine it with Higurashi, it's just wrong. On so many levels.
I'm waiting for the next episode though, since I have my hopes that the later episodes have somewhat more serious stuff.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:34   Link #45
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Mmmm, disagree.
Spoiler for NSFW Screenshot:

I've seen sketches on Deviant Art with better quality.
Uhh.. I really don't think just using that screenshot alone should be used to judge the animation quality of the episode. Going to agree with Meri-chan that it's better animated than most of the series. It's too bad the good animation has been used for an arc like this.

Last edited by Joly; 2011-07-26 at 17:38.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:44   Link #46
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Please remember there is a giant difference between design and animation.
Animation refers to how characters, objects etc are animated, as in: their motions, and thus the frames used for them.

Design / sakuga would refer to the details, color, sharpness, crisp etc of the said drawn characters/objects.

Whilst Kira 1 didn't have much animation issues, the design was extremely whacky and underwhelming: hair in general were quite rough, character faces, especially the soul brothers weren't consistent, even outside of their comic facial expressions etc.
Production wise, Kira is by far nothing close to an OVA.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:53   Link #47
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa-kun View Post
I don't mind fanservice in general, but when they combine it with Higurashi, it's just wrong. On so many levels.
A lot of fan-service scenes in main arcs... why we can't have a separated arc for that?
Don't forget, it was used to be the relaxing epilogue of Meakashi-hen before becoming a part of Rei.
Compare with other fan-service / ecchi / mature anime, it's still nothing about levels.

And I feel relax by the main purpose that it should bring.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)

Last edited by WarriorKK; 2011-07-26 at 11:22.
Old 2011-07-26, 11:13   Link #48
User68604
Disabled By Request

well...that was..interesting..
Old 2011-07-26, 11:31   Link #49
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
As a relaxing epilogue to Meakashi, it might make sense. Coming in almost 2 years after the last episode, the also goofy Hirukowashi-hen, and as the main episode, there's no need for it.
Old 2011-07-26, 11:41   Link #50
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Another reason, it's one main work by R07.
They should have animated it, not Hajisarashi-hen (light novel from Matsuri), when they did Rei and Saikoroshi-hen.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Old 2011-07-26, 12:13   Link #51
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

What did i just watch? delusion inside delusion inside delusion? I loled when he got a taste of his own medicine.
Old 2011-07-26, 13:32   Link #52
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Read every single comment. It sounds like utter shit.
The opening and ending songs are absolutely awful.
That screenshot put me off the episode. I wanted at least a decent OVA if they were going to make another. Obviously that's too much to ask.

DO NOT WANT.

Old 2011-07-26, 14:09   Link #53
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Fanservice and reverse fanservice mostly. I find most of it funny actually. I don't like the OP and am indifferent on the ED. The Artwork could have been better during the show, but the animation seems fine. It is quite tasteless (unlike the pool OVA), but still was amusing. Pretty much all the Hanyuu parts were cute, the Rena parts were fine. Rika and Satako get a little too exploited (but I still think Rika is the biggest pervert of them all), and the twins....well the twins are fine too...though Mion needs to work on her aim. The adults were fine as well. I blame Yu for Satoshi's moments...crazy woman.
Old 2011-07-26, 14:39   Link #54
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow this franchise has really gone downhill in a bad way. I knew the opening being nowhere near the quality of all three previous series was a bad sign, but this entry looks very much like it was made on a shoestring budget and boy is the quality of content just not there.

Should have quit while they were ahead. I mean did we really need more Higurashi...especially if this was going to be the result? Then again how often do you get a 4th entry in a franchise that is anywhere near the calibre of it's predecessors anyway?

Well anyway, it looks like Deen has firmly cemented it's status as easily the worst Sunrise spinoff studio by a wide margin when it comes to quality control. Imagine, the other two are BONES and Manglobe, just let that sink in. This season BONES gave us No. 6 which is a TV series that looks great and is incredibly well written, last season Manglobe gave us Deadman wonderland, which is a TV series that looks great and is pretty well written, and this season Deen gives us Higurashi Kira which is supposed to be an OVA and which is fanservice filler and looks really bad design wise.
Old 2011-07-26, 14:50   Link #55
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Wow this franchise has really gone downhill in a bad way. I knew the opening being nowhere near the quality of all three previous series was a bad sign, but this entry looks very much like it was made on a shoestring budget and boy is the quality of content just not there.

Should have quit while they were ahead. I mean did we really need more Higurashi...especially if this was going to be the result? Then again how often do you get a 4th entry in a franchise that is anywhere near the calibre of it's predecessors anyway?
Oh man, I wish I could retract my poll vote. I was distracted when watching this-- being utterly bored and paying attention to something else hid the fact to me that this was way more than "below average"

And that is precisely why Studio Deen gets so many boos. The complete lack of effort of their adaptations since Higurashi Rei, just hammers in the fact that they frequently screw up anything they touch due to complete lack of effort and blatant budget cutting. I mean, if it even decided to look and sound good, I wouldn't be so frustrated.

Worst part? Higurashi is one of those series that didn't leave an utter trainwreck (well season 1... :S) but even at its worst it was still entertaining.

After seeing this, the movie Unlimited Blade Works, and the last part of Umineko, I'm firmly convinced either they lack a script writer, or they've allocated that role to the janitor. No, that would be too insulting. Even a drunk monkey could do better.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-26, 14:55   Link #56
Solachinx
is a myth

This episode was pretty.... eh.

Spoiler for Review; size for consideration:

Though, the preview for OVA 2 seemed to be the best part of the episode. I'm really looking forward to that!

6/10
Old 2011-07-26, 21:25   Link #57
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

All the lame haters can whine and complain all they want those opinions mean nothing to me. I thought this episode was absolutely awesome, and I love the opening and ending! After all, the mystery/horror has been resolved in Kai. So it's great to see more of the fun side back!
Old 2011-07-26, 21:35   Link #58
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The songs themselves are fine...that animation for the OP is horrible (at least for the very opening and the ending of it...the middle seems fine).
Old 2011-07-26, 21:57   Link #59
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

I don't understand why there're a lot of people think "Higurashi must be guro".
The mysteries were resolved. The blood scenes ended after Tsumihoroboshi-hen (or Minagoroshi-hen if you wanna count).

They want Natsumi's Onirashi-hen to be animated? No club members in that arc. I bet it will never be done (if this OVA were painful as you guys are complaining).

The art quality is fine for me (it's still better than Negima! OAD), and the animation is also better than Rei.
I don't like the ED song much, but I still wait for listening to all 4 versions to jugde properly.

Old 2011-07-26, 22:03   Link #60
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 View Post
All the lame haters can whine and complain all they want those opinions mean nothing to me. I thought this episode was absolutely awesome, and I love the opening and ending! After all, the mystery/horror has been resolved in Kai. So it's great to see more of the fun side back!
Well, I agree that there's nothing wrong with having some fun, laid-back OVAs since the main story is resolved (Which is why I'm looking forward to Kira 2, it actually looks fun; this episode was just awkward for me), and I also enjoyed the opening and ending songs quite a bit. The songs themselves are nice, and I like that the opening features a few scenes of characters wandering the Hinamizawa landscape. Hinamizawa's one of my favorite settings in any story, and those scenes capture the essence of Higurashi well.
Closed Thread