AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 10:46   Link #20981
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I said: that Bully confused.... by Lyon's gender.....
Old 2012-02-05, 10:46   Link #20982
Eratas123

I should make him somewhat shorter then. I imagined him being about a head shorter than Ichika, so h be around 4'10 I guess.

Side note - Are short and overtly tall guys mocked?

@ Demi - Make it ambigous

See ya.
Old 2012-02-05, 10:50   Link #20983
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's up to you, then he'll be just as tall as Rin if that's the case.

Overtly tall guys, not so much unless they are meek (personality not fitting with images), more often other kid fear him for some reason. Overtly short guy is a butt monkey when it comes to insult, even if they meant no harm.
Old 2012-02-05, 10:54   Link #20984
Eratas123

I have to make him visibly shorter or the others calling him midget would look idiotic. Laura calls him midget once, deadpan snark reply to that one. (Him carrying Cecilia to kidnap her at that height wold look comical).

Side note - Does Ichika and Dan never get comments like this? THey're pretty tall for 15 year olds. Also, does Dan ever portray serious envy to Ichika?
Old 2012-02-05, 11:02   Link #20985
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, I dunno. As I said, if Houki is really average height as stated in novel, then so did Ichika (about 163-165 cm) with Dan at least 5 cm taller making him just above average but not too tall.

In the Sacred Twins on the other hand, Ichika is notably taller than average (172 cm), while Dan is well beyond (180 cm). So did Tatenashi, Houki and Madoka (165, 164 and 163 respectively) making them about the average height of guys of that age. Chifuyu is about 168, which is considered tall but not quite exceptional since she won't grow taller.

Dan's only envy to Ichika is... the fact that Dan can't be a real nice guy like Ichika.
Old 2012-02-05, 11:06   Link #20986
Eratas123

@ Senpai - In a sense, I wanted to portray Tatenashi and Irish somewhat like a snarky younger bro and cheerful older sister early in the story. This explains his small height. It's also used to show his immaturity.

Side note - Does Dan ever resent being Ichika's "sidekick"?
Old 2012-02-05, 11:20   Link #20987
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, he didn't, the first thing came from his mouth every-time he win a fight is they should not underestimate a sidekick/right hand, heavily implying that he always regard Ichika in a higher place than he is when it comes to such stuff.

He does lament about his bad luck luck with the girls... until Ichika told him that Dan's not good at attracting girls of his own age, but older girls and women...yes, all his love interest (including the OCs) are older than him
Old 2012-02-05, 11:21   Link #20988
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Does Dan even like older women? By his comments, it seems like he likes girls who are the same age or younger than him.

Also, how older than him are they?
Old 2012-02-05, 11:30   Link #20989
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, I mean he always somehow incidentally attract old girls while his preference are girls of the same age or younger (not that he ever complain about Utsuho anyway).

Utsuho: 17, Amalia:16, ETX Violet: at least 20 (likely up to 30), and many nameless women in the Host club (an incident Dan and Ichika don't want to give detail about ). The reason is simple: Dan has more mature personality accompanying his looks, he's definitely not dense and is a good company, he's also know how to compromise (stereotypical teenage are egocentric, not all of them, but most of them are).
Old 2012-02-05, 11:36   Link #20990
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Never complains about Utsuho? He sounds like he's in a case of "If it's you, it's okay"

ETX Violet sounds like a Shotacon I doubt Dan will be reciprocating that anytime soon. Why does she even like him?

This sounds less like it due to them being old and just him being young. Irish is technically in the same boat, but it doesn't really count since he's 14. Most people would be older than him. Same goes for Dan.

Side note - Apparently, I've become an unofficial beta reader. I just got asked to beta read another story. I really wasn't planning to be a beta reader...
Old 2012-02-05, 11:50   Link #20991
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Utsuho: A catchy, mature meeting. Normal couple will have an exaggerated "Love at Fist Sight" or "Samaritan Relationship Starter" if that happens, this is not the case. They went a series of date (referred as such) and learn about each other and the feelings grow along that line.

Amalia: Lust-charged encounters combined with the banter about loyalties and the reason of fight and war, this allow Amalia to cement Amalia's doubt about her reason of fighting, she back-stab her own employer allowing the heroes to win. (this one might not happen since Dan don't become a pilot)

ETX Violet: An extremely philosophical dialogue about the values of life and existence, with ETX mentality rapidly grown from that of 10 year old innocent girl to 20 something mature woman over the course of a year meeting with Dan. Again, she's a key person for the heroes victory.

Side note - As I said, you're a talented editor, they definitely pick the right person
Old 2012-02-05, 11:57   Link #20992
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Again, this really doesn't seem like an Older girl scenario. Ichika and Chifuyu would definitely count since she's in her 20's, but Utsuho is actually young and it's only Dan's younger age that hampers it.

Does Dan ever....I dunno....acknowledge that he has a harem? Also, what happened at the host club? I'm not sure if there's an age limit to those things for both employees and customers.

Side note - As you know, I'm a lazy person. It's the main reason my stories don't get updated. Being a beta reader seems odd for me.
Old 2012-02-05, 12:09   Link #20993
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Dan is meeting his colleague (a legal-age guy) while asking about job, Dan is mistaken for a male host by a very rich female and her friends. When he said he's 14, they're frozen... then promptly toying with him (think Tatenahsi, but like four of her). Dan and Ichika is so embarrassed and disgusted that they decide not to talk about that, ever.

Harem? As noted, all of them might actually have different scenario (Sacred Twins, TLR Stratos, and Apocalypse). If Dan is a pilot in Sacred Twins, it's possible to have Utsuho and Amalia scenario being concurrent (thus a love triangle), but his being pilot doesn't makes sense there so the romance plot involving Amalia is erased.
Old 2012-02-05, 12:15   Link #20994
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Do host clubs have an age limit/requirement at all? Seems kinda odd Ichika and Dan got in.

Side note - Would people believe Irish is 14 considering his short height and thin/malnourished appearance?
Old 2012-02-05, 12:19   Link #20995
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

the age requirement of course is 20 (probably 18, I'm not very sure about that).

Yes, him being malnourished actually helped it. People might understand his reason being short, of course that's false guess, but at least they're not confused too much.

Going to sleep... see ya
Old 2012-02-05, 12:23   Link #20996
Eratas123

@'Senpai - Then how the heck did hey get jobs there? I know they're old looking, but there's no way they can pass of as 18 year olds.

How old would he be able to say he was before people stop believing him?

Going to sleep as well. School Tom.
Old 2012-02-05, 19:29   Link #20997
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@'Senpai - Then how the heck did hey get jobs there? I know they're old looking, but there's no way they can pass of as 18 year olds.
They're not supposed to work there, Dan just want to ask whether he knew a place they can work at (they're in the resting quarters). On the other hand, some hosts give...erm, 'side dish', which gave a reason for the guest to enter that place. (yeah that's quite a shady club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
How old would he be able to say he was before people stop believing him?
Tricky question, but in my opinion, 17 is already pushing the suspension of disbelief, just remember that short =/= young looking. (mind you it's not that uncommon IRL)
Old 2012-02-05, 20:22   Link #20998
Eratas123

@ Senpai - What jobs did they work at again? I need to get a description for something.

Side note - I know short doesn't equal young. I have a friend the same age who's shorter than most girls, after all. It's the young face (bishonen tend to look younger than their age).

Side note 2 - What does Ichika want to become after he graduates High school anyway? I always wondered where he'd go for college after ISA.
Old 2012-02-05, 21:18   Link #20999
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Dan wanted to become a waiter or something, he still need to fake their age but otherwise want a wholesome job, hence the need of connections.

Note 1 - Yes, I'd still bet on 17 at maximum.

Note 2 - Ichika's original plan is... having a normal, blue-collar job, which the original high school guaranteed about. He has no plan about college apparently (due tot he high cost), dunno after entering I.S.A. though.
Old 2012-02-05, 21:32   Link #21000
Eratas123

@'Senpai - Didn't they work on a load of jobs? I'm pretty sure you said so.

Side note - Is it reasonable just to add a year to his age every time Jan 1 hits? He has no birthday.

Side note 2 - What jobs can he get anyway? ISA seems to teach mostly IS related subjects and just the bare minimum of math, science etc etc

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest