AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-04, 12:20   Link #81
lavielove

oh ,yes,that 's a Jedi in the opening lol! it's not yurumi who changed the hair-style,that's becky .see
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 13:02   Link #82
Dell Virago
Caffine Queen

Send a message via MSN to Dell Virago
hey. the anime Society at my university showed this a few weeks ago. I had finished watching Excel Saga, and needed some more random comedy to fill the void. Well, this Random comedy is thew new wave of comedy.

Dell
Dell Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 13:51   Link #83
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Anyone else think that Suzune is cute?

Spoiler:

The super robot reference towards the end were great too (Koutetsu Jeeg ftw)
Old 2006-02-04, 17:01   Link #84
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Nevermind. I got it to work. I just had to re-install the CCCP, since the updated CCCP installation was updated (also available on GG's website)

Anyways, this episode is somewhat interesting.

Spoiler:

The new them song is a tad too europop-ish for me. Kinda makes me think of those para para peeps. Roulette is better IMO.
Old 2006-02-04, 22:27   Link #85
TBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Hmm... I don't know whether I should congratulate you or pity you.

Anyway, about the codec issue, according to their website, gg switched the audio to aac, which is causing the trouble. Though I just checked, and supposedly ffdshow supports aac so...
Neither does the coreaac DirectShow filter, so if it's an AAC Codec, it's something proprietary.
TBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 22:53   Link #86
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBox
Neither does the coreaac DirectShow filter, so if it's an AAC Codec, it's something proprietary.
Try D/L'ing the CCCP. During installation, if it asks you to uninstall other parts, select yes. This is needed for the updated CCCP to update and install since the drivers may be outdated. If it asks to reboot do so.

Afterwards, you should be able to run PPD 20. I used BS player to run it. I believe WMP works as well.
Old 2006-02-05, 00:10   Link #87
Amun-Ra
þąıń

It makes no sense whatsoever to me. Random things popping out of nowhere, haunting forests, talking bunnies growing out of a tree. There is no firm development of the story. Its not leading anywhere. Just mindless dribble. o.O" Forgive me, if you are an avid fan.. but please explain to me why you enjoy this Anime so.
Amun-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 00:33   Link #88
Ilpalazzo-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amun-Ra
It makes no sense whatsoever to me. Random things popping out of nowhere, haunting forests, talking bunnies growing out of a tree. There is no firm development of the story. Its not leading anywhere. Just mindless dribble. o.O" Forgive me, if you are an avid fan.. but please explain to me why you enjoy this Anime so.
That's why it is called random comedy
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 01:14   Link #89
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpalazzo-sama
And not to mention that it is NOT wise to watch a chunk of episodes at a time. The end result would be....uh........
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 01:41   Link #90
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
It's only mindless to you because you didn't know WHY the scenes are done the way they are. Such is the curse of a parody anime... A parody can only entertain the audience as far as the audience understands the material being parodied.

Do you know what the "Cat god" is? He is originally an ASCII cat, sometimes shown with a can of drink. His name is Mona.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_%28ASCII_art%29

...and that was just ONE of the complicated references in PPD!. Can't blame you for not knowing, but the jokes are not as mindless as you think.
Old 2006-02-05, 02:50   Link #91
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Um.. lets see... Monty Python??? Freakazoid??? Animaniacs??? Marx Brothers???
Absurdist comedy is a long tradition...
Old 2006-02-05, 05:39   Link #92
lavielove

Quote:
Random things popping out of nowhere
Actually character developments in Pani Poni Dash! is quite solid.For the character reference you can use this wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pani_Poni_Dash!

There are a lot of jokes references to current popular anime series .
For example Ahoge (a standing hair) refers to Sakugan no Shana.
So you need to be some kind of anime freak to enjoy this kind of show.

Quote:
please explain to me why you enjoy this Anime so.
Because the animes of this genre is quite rare and can't be found two in a year.
Old 2006-02-05, 11:07   Link #93
ayyo

Sorry, how the hell does ahoge reference to Shana alone? Where do you find this connection? Because some of them have a hair standing up? That is not a valid connection and Shana is not the only show where they have hair(s) standing up.

Ahoge is just reference to... *ping pong!*, to ahoge! Unless someone more knowledgeable can correct me, but I have serious doubts Shana is referenced in any shape or form.

Last edited by ayyo; 2006-02-05 at 22:33.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 14:31   Link #94
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The Ahoge "gag" refers to probably hundreds of instances of "antenna" hair scattered throughout manga and anime... (and real life, my wife has antenna hair). last year in Mahoraba, Kozue's antenna would actually "poink" like radar when she was in "child" mode. The ahoge in PPD are given actual magical powers ... which kind of puns along with her little chant (maho/mahou) I suppose...
Maho can mean "full sail" (full speed ahead?) or depending on the romaji style it might be "magic" (normally spelled mahou by most). I have no idea which one she means and thats okay
Old 2006-02-07, 02:21   Link #95
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpalazzo-sama
Indeed, as well as a "parody".
Old 2006-02-14, 18:15   Link #96
lavielove

ok ok I will take back what I ranted about the Ahogae is refered to Shana even though everytime I see Shana ,she reminds me of Himeko (^_^||).I'm the least knowleagable I supposed.

New episode,episode 21 is out and I'm gotta watch when I get back home tonight. I hope it's gonna be a fun ride again this week.
Old 2006-02-14, 22:48   Link #97
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
The Ahoge "gag" refers to probably hundreds of instances of "antenna" hair scattered throughout manga and anime... (and real life, my wife has antenna hair). last year in Mahoraba, Kozue's antenna would actually "poink" like radar when she was in "child" mode. The ahoge in PPD are given actual magical powers ... which kind of puns along with her little chant (maho/mahou) I suppose...
Maho can mean "full sail" (full speed ahead?) or depending on the romaji style it might be "magic" (normally spelled mahou by most). I have no idea which one she means and thats okay
I've always assumed she doesn't mean either and it's just something she says randomly.
I love how the character design traits (Himeko's ahoge, the one girl's forehead) in PPD become more pronounced as the series wears on. In 20 the ahoge is bouncing all over the place.
Old 2006-02-15, 02:09   Link #98
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I've always assumed she doesn't mean either and it's just something she says randomly.
I love how the character design traits (Himeko's ahoge, the one girl's forehead) in PPD become more pronounced as the series wears on. In 20 the ahoge is bouncing all over the place.
That would be Miyako for the forehead.

That's what's cool about PPD. Each character has their own distinct stereotypical feature, some of them being "original". Here are some examples:

Becky: Height (reason why she's called "Chibi")
Himeko: "ahoge".
Miyako: Big, shiny forehead
Rei: Mature figure (minor fan-service)
Kurumi: Hairstyles?
Rokugou: 2 Ribbons.
Ichijou: Weird eyes...and other things that are too bizarre to comprehend. LOL
Suzune: Hand (for "CHOP" and "diarrhea-giving" purposes)
Nanjou: Animals.
Serizawa: Cat ears....well, most of the time.
Media: "Unopened" eyes.
Old 2006-02-15, 05:37   Link #99
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

although this is a parody comedy the plot really has no point. so that randomness does over power the parody even if u know what the parodies are from.

alot more people would like this if the story tied together better instead of switching scenes too often.

of course i still cant get enough of ichijos sisters appearances; needs more pictures of becky.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 06:13   Link #100
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
although this is a parody comedy the plot really has no point. so that randomness does over power the parody even if u know what the parodies are from.

alot more people would like this if the story tied together better instead of switching scenes too often.

of course i still cant get enough of ichijos sisters appearances; needs more pictures of becky.
I fail to see why PPD needs a point. Excel Saga didn't either. Neither did The Simpsons. The randomness is the whole point of the parady... further more, it's assumed that the audience had read the manga, as such manga references are used that would make no sense to Western fansub watchers.

Tags
comedy, shounen