AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-31, 11:03   Link #521
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
I plan on maining Carl. Does anyone have any tips for me? I hear that he's one of the hardest to learn and I love a good challenge.
learn to clap loop.... as that's pretty much the only way he has a fighting chance against alot of the cast. Notable the advanced tricks like Allegretto cancels to loop and the like as well as the hit box requirements.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:17   Link #522
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

One of the hardest? For me he is easily the hardest one. Not that it's not worth it, cause a good Carl can be a real pain in the ass, but it's really hard to get the way with him. Till to this day, i only fought against ONE good Carl(in fact, it was the only one that i fought against), and i already got more than 300 fights online.

Since i don't play with him, i don't know that well, but i guess the trick is in getting the oponent stuck between Carl and Nirvana, when you control both of them. Also, con fuoco is devastating when it gets.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 18:31   Link #523
Demoned Away

Yeah I do believe he is the hardest person to learn. I tried him out today and... I didn't do so well. @_@ I may just stick with Rachel although watching some videos on YouTube (mostly DIO's) really makes me want to use Carl.

One thing I'm having problems with is keeping Nirvana activated after one attack.

Last edited by Demoned Away; 2009-07-31 at 18:56.
Demoned Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 11:20   Link #524
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
I love BlazBlue, that LE was the best thing I ever bought for my PS3, even better than Valkyria Chronicles.

I just wish I didn't suck as much at it. I normally play Noel and I try not to spam but once I get online I cramp and start to suck (and at times start to spam out of reflex )... Well, just means I need more practice.

The characters I really want to learn to play are pretty much Arakune and Ragna or Carl. I can't seem to figure out the bugs with Arakune so I can use them effectively... and let's not talk about Carl :/...

Still haven't 100%ed Story Mode though, despite having the game for around a month. How I hate exams.
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 12:14   Link #525
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Figured I'd mention, my PSN is RWB17 if anyone ever wants to play a few games. I get tired of ranked matches and want to play casually sometimes but people seem to be intimidated by my level even though I actually suck, or just quit after one or 2 matches despite it being a full room.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 07:58   Link #526
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I only managed to draw 2 instead of 3, school just started and finally getting busy again after being a NEET for 10 months lol

Rachel has giant pink bolts of lightning, she is both Nanoha and Fate in one. She even has a 'barrier jacket' that looks like a combination of Fate's black colour scheme and Nanoha's large lolita skirt. She has familiars, transforming, talking weapons, magic circles, not to mention twin tails with ribbons.

Its either major coincidence or she was designed to reference Nanoha and Fate, like how Litchi is Yoko.

Anyway, her cat familiar transforms into a sword with her standing C attack, the cape comes from her victory animation. The spike umbrella is her jumping C attack. Both attacks are supposed to come with magic circles as well, but I don't have the time to draw such.

Rachel is a Gothic Lolita styled, tsundere loli vampire mahou shoujo.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 08:34   Link #527
Oppius
Banned

I think this game is the best 2D fighting game so far. King of Fighters XII was a huge disappointment and Street Fighters VI is not 2D enough, well its 3D effects were awesome but overused. I prefer 2D games that have strong cartoon feel.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 08:51   Link #528
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, by 2D graphics, Blazblue certainly is the best.

Even though it has only 12 characters, all characters are completely unique, not one of them plays the same. But the game balance still needs some work, the zoning characters are too efficient.

There are still lots of people who like Guilty Gear more than Blazblue though.

Old 2009-08-02, 08:51   Link #529
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its either major coincidence or she was designed to reference Nanoha and Fate, like how Litchi is Yoko.
That's interesting when you think about the fact that Rachel's voiced by Ueda Kana (Hayate).

Quote:
Understandable, considering BlazBlue is only fairly recent and Guilty Gear has a larger library of characters.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 08:59   Link #530
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
That's interesting when you think about the fact that Rachel's voiced by Ueda Kana (Hayate).
Hmmm I didn't know that lol

My third picture was supposed to be a Hayate reference, she will be holding up one of the lightning rods like when Hayate is casting her spells. I also wanted to spread both her shoulder and skirt wings to simulate Hayate's wings.

Yea, I think Rachel is really referencing the Nanoha characters.

Litchi is obviously Yoko, Bang is Kamen Rider 1, Skyrider among others. Not sure what other characters were referencing.

Old 2009-08-02, 11:48   Link #531
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Im one of those people. While I adore BlazBlue its not my favorite 2D fighter and its far from being my all around favorite fighter (I'm sure Guilty Gear will always hold that spot for me). As you said some characters feel a bit unbalanced because of zoning, and for me some of the characters just don't garner my attention much. There are still characters I have yet to play and I don't really fell tempted to play (like Jin, Hakumen, and Carl).
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 17:53   Link #532
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Dual shock 3 is not for fighting games

cannot do a simple combo with my big hands T_T

Last edited by kk2extreme; 2009-08-03 at 17:40.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 18:34   Link #533
gunshottrigun
Crazy Shrine Maiden

Send a message via AIM to gunshottrigun Send a message via MSN to gunshottrigun Send a message via Yahoo to gunshottrigun
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Dual shock 3 is not for fighting games

can do a simple combo with my big hands T_T
Dualshock > Xbox 360 controller, be thankful you're not rocking the disc of a d-dap with restrained movement.
gunshottrigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 21:26   Link #534
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
I think this game is the best 2D fighting game so far. King of Fighters XII was a huge disappointment and Street Fighters VI is not 2D enough, well its 3D effects were awesome but overused. I prefer 2D games that have strong cartoon feel.
I wouldn't say it's the best 2D fighting game so far, but I will say that it's the best fighting game this year (unless this is what you meant). If they can learn from their mistakes and polish up Blazblue 2 until it shines up nice and bright, I may just consider this my favorite fighting game series ever.

Last edited by Tamad; 2009-08-02 at 21:42.
Tamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 22:58   Link #535
Kururugi

Started playing this again for the first time in a couple of weeks. All of the work I put into becoming decent at a fighter for the first time despite years of playing the genre... seems to have been wasted. My Tager became so terrible so quickly. Or maybe the playerbase just advanced without me.

Whatever the case may be, I know for a fact that I ended up having to resort to PUNY AMERICAN DAMAGE. I normally stick solely to real SOVIET damage. A clear sign of my degeneration. :<

One of the things really holding me back is that I've always been terrible at the DP movement in any given fighter (don't have a stick), and the Atomic Collider is a major tool in Tager's arsenal. Is it possible to advance without it, or should I try to buff up on one of the other characters I have a bit of practice with (Jin, Taokaka, Bang)?

More along the lines of the discussion held before I brought up my own personal problem.... Blazblue is definitely the best fighter released this year, and my favourite new IP since... well, Guilty Gear. Looking forward to its continuation and hoping that it won't go in the same direction as Guilty Gear 2, ahehe.
Kururugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 03:17   Link #536
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Figured I'd mention, my PSN is RWB17 if anyone ever wants to play a few games. I get tired of ranked matches and want to play casually sometimes but people seem to be intimidated by my level even though I actually suck, or just quit after one or 2 matches despite it being a full room.
I'll add you later. I don't like ranked matches at all, i tend to get too serious and stuff and for me, that takes a little bit of the fun of a fighting game. I'm playing ranked right now just for the trophies(specially because playing 200 times ranked is the last one for moi).
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 06:55   Link #537
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I finally faced a couple of Carls online after 150 matches. One was good and hit me with the infinte clap loop. The other was very high level but was not so good and I beat him really easily. I looked him up later and he was in the Top 50 in the world for Carl with a win % in the 30s. More proof that pretty much nobody plays Carl.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 10:40   Link #538
ZeroForever

yeah after several hundred matchs i can count the number of carls i've faced with one hand... sad but it's not surprising.

been practicing Tao's taunt loops casually... so hard to do.... i can get maybe 2 off in a row, personally i find it much harder then the clap loop.
Old 2009-08-12, 20:27   Link #539
Mikachiru
test

Anyone know whether the tier list has been updated or not?
Old 2009-08-12, 22:28   Link #540
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The tier list hasn't changed since the last update.

S-Nu, Rachel, Arakune
A-Jin, Noel, Carl
B-Ragna, Bang, Litchi, Taokaka
C-Tager, Hakumen

The next SBO is coming soon, until then we probably won't see any changes to the list. Probably no changes even after SBO, unless someone came with with some super secret hidden techniques, strategies and combos, defeating everyone to pull a low tier character up.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360