AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-02-04, 15:38   Link #4441
Levy
differently sober

Alien or not, he didn't treat her like a divinity to fear and/or worship, that's what I meant with treating her like normal.

CC is not a regular human being, she just can't be, but Leouch held no...prejudices against her, and that was, I think,the firs crack in the wall of her isolation. =)
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 17:05   Link #4442
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
XD

Rave is the Luciano Bradley of the Kalulu Empire.
Not really, he thinks he is cool. lol

Quote:
Spoiler for Thoughts on C.C Lelouch relationship:

Nice but i think Genie parallel is kinda far. If i could relate them to something else that involves fiction, Lelouch and C.C that is, i would say Rukia and Ichigo. On a not so casual note of course.
Ichigo once said the same thing actually, it is because of Rukia that he is who he is. Same with Lelouch. Those girls/women, were both the striking forces for them to "begin" their journey.

Like i said once, Lelouch is the car and C.C is the gas. They both need each other desperately, whether they like it or not. 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 18:48   Link #4443
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Nice but i think Genie parallel is kinda far. If i could relate them to something else that involves fiction, Lelouch and C.C that is, i would say Rukia and Ichigo. On a not so casual note of course.
Ichigo once said the same thing actually, it is because of Rukia that he is who he is. Same with Lelouch. Those girls/women, were both the striking forces for them to "begin" their journey.

Like i said once, Lelouch is the car and C.C is the gas. They both need each other desperately, whether they like it or not. 8D
I think my Aladdin/Genie is not the best but it's fair. Genie's power helped Aladdin get closer to his goal (Jasmine) an Aladdin treated Genie as a partner and freed him at the end. The basics fit IMO

I like you're Rukia/Ichigo parallel and it works. My only problem with it is I'm not sure Ichi had the impact on Rukia that is on the level of Lelouch helping C.C regain her some of her humanity or Aladdin freeing Genie.

And I'm not sold on Lelouch is who he is because of C.C. She did however give him the tools to fulfill his ambitions.

Though I'm sure C.C fans find your parallel much easier to swallow than mine
Old 2009-02-04, 19:04   Link #4444
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
I think my Aladdin/Genie is not the best but it's fair. Genie's power helped Aladdin get closer to his goal (Jasmine) an Aladdin treated Genie as a partner and freed him at the end. The basics fit IMO

I like you're Rukia/Ichigo parallel and it works. My only problem with it is I'm not sure Ichi had the impact on Rukia that is on the level of Lelouch helping C.C regain her some of her humanity or Aladdin freeing Genie.

And I'm not sold on Lelouch is who he is because of C.C. She did however give him the tools to fulfill his ambitions.

Though I'm sure C.C fans find your parallel much easier to swallow than mine

On a very general concept, i guess it does work.

I just used Ichigo/Rukia, {in the same-category if you want, anime-fiction} as in, she gave him a "power" and from there, his whole life began to change, similar to what C.C did to Lelouch in a so-not general concept as your example. {does this make frigging sense? 8DDD}

Oh there, maybe i used the wrong words. I did not mean, that Lelouch is what he is, because of C.C.
Lelouch is who he is because of him. It is exactly his words, towards C.C in #24::
"Because you granted me the power of Geass, because you stood by my side, i was able to start moving forward."

Lelouch wanted to be, what he wanted to be. But he could not complete his vision without C.C She gave him the "tools" to start moving and helped him through the whole process.
Old 2009-02-04, 19:16   Link #4445
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, it's not like your example was the best either sky. Lelouch being a car and C.C. being gas. Sure a car needs gas, but gas doesn't a car by any means. Gas is just going along minding it's own business and the humans decide to harvest it.

Now, if we're gonna talk symbiosis there's plenty of choices from nature. Take the Clownfish and Sea Anemone for example.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...n25427496/pg_1

I guess you could say Lelouch is the clownfish and C.C. is the anemone.

...yeah.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 19:20   Link #4446
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, it's not like your example was the best either sky. Lelouch being a car and C.C. being gas. Sure a car needs gas, but gas doesn't a car by any means. Gas is just going along minding it's own business and the humans decide to harvest it.
Um, my example is Rukia/Ichigo, not car-gas. That was more of a joke line.
Old 2009-02-04, 19:46   Link #4447
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Um, my example is Rukia/Ichigo, not car-gas. That was more of a joke line.
Yeah I know. But you still said it. But if it was more of a joke line as you say, then yeah, forget it.

EDIT: Also, I agree with you that Lelouch/C.C. and Ichigo/Rukia are strikingly similar.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 20:41   Link #4448
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Also, I agree with you that Lelouch/C.C. and Ichigo/Rukia are strikingly similar.
I don't really agree, mostly because of the difference between Rukia and C.C.'s character. Somehow Lelouch and C.C. seem to have less spoken sort of bond than Rukia and Ichigo, if that makes sense. ;m;

CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 20:54   Link #4449
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieria View Post
I don't really agree, mostly because of the difference between Rukia and C.C.'s character. Somehow Lelouch and C.C. seem to have less spoken sort of bond than Rukia and Ichigo, if that makes sense. ;m;

Well yeah, RukiaxIchigo have a stronger bond because they have been developed way more. I never said they are clearly identical, it is just the "nakama-bond" both the couples share, have basic-ground similarity.
Old 2009-02-08, 00:59   Link #4450
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
Alien or not, he didn't treat her like a divinity to fear and/or worship, that's what I meant with treating her like normal.

CC is not a regular human being, she just can't be, but Leouch held no...prejudices against her, and that was, I think,the firs crack in the wall of her isolation. =)
IIRC, it was stated in an interview that Lelouch, at the start, didn't see her as a woman (or was it "as a human being"? anyway, the point is the same)

So, not as a normal human. It's later that his view about her changed. I think he saw her as a human being in the end, to who he gave a future, in a way, since she started wanting to stay alive again, thanks to him.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 01:41   Link #4451
mngafan

The happiness and the want lo live lelouch gave her is long-lasting, it would seem. At the end of the last episode, we see Damocles reaching the sun, meaning possibly that quite some time passed since lelouch's death. Yet, she is still smiling with no visible regrets. The world also seems to be at peace...
mngafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 08:08   Link #4452
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngafan View Post
The happiness and the want lo live lelouch gave her is long-lasting, it would seem. At the end of the last episode, we see Damocles reaching the sun, meaning possibly that quite some time passed since lelouch's death. Yet, she is still smiling with no visible regrets. The world also seems to be at peace...
It depends on what you mean by long lasting. 10 years? Sure. 100? Maybe. 500? I am not sure.

Don't forget what she said about snow. It's white because it forgot its color. It could happen that she forgets lelouch little by little with the flow of time.
Old 2009-02-20, 08:27   Link #4453
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
It could happen that she forgets lelouch little by little with the flow of time.
...for some reason I am reminded of Peter Pan forgetting Tinkerbell and I don't want this to happen.

;o;
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 08:31   Link #4454
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
...for some reason I am reminded of Peter Pan forgetting Tinkerbell and I don't want this to happen.

;o;
Well, well, in any case I think we will see C.C. again. I am pretty confident about a sequel.

Even more since Laice said to me that Code Geass R2 won awards despite being seen as "not as good as the first season" by some people.

On the matter of Lelouch, I don't know, but Fukuyama is still popular with his Lelouch's voice acting. IIRC what Laice told me, he won an award again recently.

While I think Lelouch will not come back (even if Sunrise could do anything they want if it means "more money"), I still firmly believe that C.C. will be part of a sequel.
Old 2009-02-20, 08:35   Link #4455
rave
Banned

Quote:
Well, well, in any case I think we will see C.C. again. I am pretty confident about a sequel.

Even more since Laice said to me that Code Geass R2 won awards despite being seen as "not as good as the first season" by some people.

On the matter of Lelouch, I don't know, but Fukuyama is still popular with his Lelouch's voice acting. IIRC what Laice told me, he won an award again recently.

While I think Lelouch will not come back (even if Sunrise could do anything they want if it means "more money"), I still firmly believe that C.C. will be part of a sequel.
Of course C.C will be back. $mart move anyway and she is the main female even if season 2 did not justice to her for some reasons, that staff only knows.
rave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 09:40   Link #4456
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave View Post
Of course C.C will be back. $mart move anyway and she is the main female even if season 2 did not justice to her for some reasons, that staff only knows.
To be totally honest, if they didn't kill c.c., it could also be (I don't say it's inevitably the main reason) that they wanted to let a door open for a sequel.

Lelouch was not a geass giver. So to kill him was a possibility, but if they want to create a new hero, they had to let at least one code-bearer alive, hence C.C..
Old 2009-02-20, 16:08   Link #4457
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Hm... I can't see C.C. forgetting Lelouch. I think it would ruin the anime for me, because it would throw her whole character development out of the window.
Anyway, did I mention that I want to hug her everytime I see her wearing the prisoner outfit again by the end of R2? It's cruel that Lelouch couldn't stay with her, even though she got over it.
Then again... Code Geass was cruel to almost all the characters, so that's not really surprising. xD
Old 2009-02-20, 16:11   Link #4458
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Hm... I can't see C.C. forgetting Lelouch. I think it would ruin the anime for me, because it would throw her whole character development out of the window.
Anyway, did I mention that I want to hug her everytime I see her wearing the prisoner outfit again by the end of R2? It's cruel that Lelouch couldn't stay with her, even though she got over it.
Then again... Code Geass was cruel to almost all the characters, so that's not really surprising. xD
It was heartbreaking to see her crying in the church, but she got over it ^^

I don't know if it will last forever, but if she keeps remembering him in her heart, it will be ok, I hope.
Old 2009-02-20, 16:38   Link #4459
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
It was heartbreaking to see her crying in the church, but she got over it ^^
Yes! And still in her prisoner outfit. q.q

Quote:
I don't know if it will last forever, but if she keeps remembering him in her heart, it will be ok, I hope.
Hm... maybe, but I also vote for "mind".
Lelouch deserves to be remembered for all eternity, and C.C. deserves the memory of him. xD
Old 2009-02-20, 16:41   Link #4460
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post

Hm... maybe, but I also vote for "mind".
Lelouch deserves to be remembered for all eternity, and C.C. deserves the memory of him. xD
All the other characters who know the truth about lelouch will die. C.C. is like a living book that will keep the truth of what happened and of who Lelouch really was